June 20th, 2008

A teenage pact to get pregnant?

[cnn-photo-caption image=http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/06/20/art.gloucesterhigh.jpg]
Randi Kaye BIO
AC360° Correspondent

I don’t know about you, but I remember high school was pretty tough. Remember the awkward years and all the peer pressure to be cool?

Well at Gloucester High School in Gloucester, Massachusetts, apparently a group of girls thought it would be “cool” to get pregnant. This school year, 17 girls – some as young as 15 – got pregnant. Most of the girls are sophomores.

School officials say there may have been some type of pact do this. One girl apparently went so far as to get pregnant by a homeless guy just to be a part of it.

Can you imagine?

We even met one man who says his stepdaughter felt the pressure to be a part of the pact. Ted Sorenson told me, “There was a tremendous amount of pressure, negative peer pressure, for as many girls to join in the pact. Luckily my stepdaughter was smart enough or scared enough to say no.”

Apparently, administrators grew curious last October when all of a sudden so many girls started asking the school nurse for pregnancy tests. She reportedly gave about 150 pregnancy tests. The school superintendent, Charlie Farmer, told me that the girls went back over and over for tests until they got the results they wanted.

And, even more disturbing, he said that some of them were high-fiving after they found out they were indeed pregnant.

I spent the day in Gloucester talking to school officials and parents in the community for the story for Anderson Cooper 360° tonght and the one word I heard over and over again was “disgusting.” Parents are in shock.

There are a few theories floating around town. Some say parents are working two jobs since the economy is so weak and aren’t focused on their kids. One woman, a school nurse, said these girls are probably seeking welfare, since the children in this community seem to be lacking direction. Others blame Hollywood. Movies like “Juno” seem to glamorize teen pregnancy. And just this week, 16-year old actress Jamie Lynn Spears had her baby. (She plans to marry the father)

Here are a few other things you should know about this story. Gloucester High School stops teaching sex education after freshman year. I asked the superintendent why? He told me they don’t have enough money in the budget to keep teaching it. Also, there is a free daycare center at the school. Officials acknowledge that may make it easier for teenage moms but the goal is to keep them in school.

And get this, the school’s nurse and doctor resigned after getting criticized for giving out birth control to female students. The school district is now considering allowing birth control to be dispensed though a decision isn’t expected any time soon.

Program note: Watch Randi Kaye’s report on Friday’s AC360° at 10p ET.

Filed under: 360° Radar • Randi Kaye
  1. S Sanchez

You guys are out there....Glorifying this by recognition....Report the fact that PARENTS DON'T HAVE RIGHTS...Then you will find the REAL problem. These kids have taken LIFE in their hands because parents can't teach CONSEQUENCE...GET REAL!!!

June 21, 2008 at 1:59 am |
  2. Ruth

At 50 years old, I can look back to 1974, being pregnant and in school.
    I was one of two girls in a class of 1,200 and feeling ashamed and outcast. I would not have dreamed of accepting welfare, to raise my child. I was raised to not accept for free what you can earn with hard work and effort.
    I was too young, and did not have any of the skills to raise a child. I may have done some things right, but for the most part, my parenting was all wrong. These young teens will more likely than not, do the same, with the exception, there will be institutions that will make it easier for them to not be responsible for their actions.

June 21, 2008 at 1:34 am |
  3. Irene

Let us please stop blaming the media, economy, celebrities, etc., for the behavior of our children. From birth until my teens my parents were my primary influence; I watched news, movies and read celebrity magazines often as a teen, but nothing could manipulate the solid upbringing my mom and dad gave me. It’s time to take a Serious look at the tolerant and noninterventionist parenting styles so many American families are satisfied with. If parents are not guiding their children to become responsible and productive human beings, whose job is it, then? Unfortunately, the cycle may continue with this group of unwed teens having children. My prayers are with all those young mothers. Perhaps other families struggling with their teenagers will get this wakeup call and begin to communicate better. Cheers.

June 21, 2008 at 12:27 am |
  4. jean

1...following idea of single celebrities pregnant? celebrities have money & nannies
    2...will these teens now be on welfare with free medical, food stamps,
    housing allowances, secton 8 housing???; welfare PAID for by the US workers??
    3...teen mother now living with their own parents? so that new grandparents are taking care of female teen & now the teen's child?
    4...do future boyfriends want to date a girl with a child?
    5...grandparents babysit while girl 'dates' after graduation? babysit again if girl gets a job?
    the above all happens in the town where i live . . .
    try this: welfare for 1 child & then tubes tired; USA workers shouldl not have to pay for all these welfare families that continue to grow in size; people need to be more responsible; also, taxes should be higher for more in the family as they use more resources, why lower taxes on those who use more resources?

June 20, 2008 at 11:59 pm |
  5. Barbara

Now I think I can honestly say I have heard everything. These girls
    have more in store than they bargained for. When I was 16 having a
    baby was not even an idea floating around in the back of my brain.
    Children are not toys, they need lots of care, love, nuturing, and
    someone who is responsible enough to be a parent. They are
    a major investment, believe me it takes money to provide for a child.
    Makes you wonder if their parents were airheads

June 20, 2008 at 11:59 pm |
  6. Mark, Michigan

I am glad some young women aer tuning into our human nature. Our pregnancy is genetically optimal at age 18. However, our society shuns young males and females having sex. I learned the hard way. My first lover was murdered by her uncle, acting out against her sexuality. We were young. Mas is a great state. Those girls have day care, and little angels to look after. Some will do university, some just want a man to look after as well. Most will move on down the middle. Everyone on CNN is sounding off like her uncle. That is our twisted, anti-female social structure. Read this carefully Cooper: IT IS HER BODY, HER CHOICE AND HER RIGHT.

June 20, 2008 at 11:59 pm |
  7. Fay, CA

Maybe, after realizing how many “urban” babymamas were living off the government teat, they figured it was high time that they got some of that “assistance.”

Mike, NYC, aren't you conveniently forgetting about those polygamist "baby mamas" who have been reported to be cheating the welfare system themselves? I suppose that's not looked upon nearly as unfavorably.

It's never a good idea for a young woman to "go right into motherhood" without the benefit of a good education and some sort of financial stability.

June 20, 2008 at 11:54 pm |
  8. Flor in Calif

This is what you can expect when you have heroes like Paris Hilton, Jamie Lynn Spears, Britney, Nicole and all other stupid girls that have become famous. I am so sick of these morons getting attention and being put on the cover of magazines. Kids emulate what they see around them. Can't we put some smart girls on magazines and help make them the heroes? I just can't take it anymore... I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!!!

June 20, 2008 at 11:51 pm |
  9. Mike in NYC

Christen wrote:

"... the escalation in teenage pregnancy is not limited to the working class, they just tend to become young mothers because they can’t afford abortions."

Since you're in Chicago, when you say "working class," you probably mean non-white. By the mid-90s (the latest data I could find in a quick search), non-whites accounted for about a third of all legal abortions. Since they're about a third of the population, that means that, on an individual basis, they are as likely as whites to get an abortion.

Their higher rate of illegitimacy is due to a higher incidence of sexually irresponsible behavior.

June 20, 2008 at 11:41 pm |
  10. ml

I was so sick of listening your explaination why they are getting pregnant . your so far away ,from it . I see and here this every day for the past 10 years The reason.
    for every 10 teens in nyc , and one IS Not preg.
    The teens girls call it a money shot . they have a kid , they get free rent , free electric , free food . EBT cards free health care etc etc beside have , , then they get preg months ,after for more money each kid bring them more money and a larger apt this is the sole truth , NY NY greatest city in the world run all by unwed

June 20, 2008 at 11:09 pm |
  11. Lilian-Ann in TX

This needs to stop; chlldren are hardly supposed to know about sex and drugs...but now they're the owners and abusers of it. By the way: Sleeping with homeless men (probably carriers of STDS) is not the answer to fit in. I'd rather have a kid smoke.

June 20, 2008 at 11:09 pm |
  12. DT

Did these girls actually make a "clever" pact to live off their parents for another 16 years? After all, who else is going to support these babies (and I'm not referring to the teenagers)?

June 20, 2008 at 11:01 pm |
  13. eddie in Toronto Canada

Not surprising at all !! new one but not at all surprising, this has been
    going on for years we give ear to it now because its just rare that there
    are so many in one school at one time. Where are the parents? i blame
    them one hundred percent and someone should should have them
    drawn and quartered frankly!

June 20, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  14. Rach Popek

As a former resident with a teenager in Gloucester, MA, I can honestly say that this small fishing town that is on an island (you have to cross a bridge no matter what to get to Gloucester). All things for teens to do has slowly been stripped completely out of the town.

The schooling is so difficult that most kids have too much homework to be able to hold a job. The jobs for the summer are pretty much gone unless you are lucky enough to find a job in one of the small ice cream parlors, which is about 10 jobs. So if an entire high school of kids cannot find jobs, in a town where you have to drive over half an hour to get to a mall, with these gas prices. With the fact that most kids in this town cannot get a car because of the high cost of insurance in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts you are left with
    a bunch of kids hanging out at Dunkin'Donuts, parking lots, out in the woods, sneaking into quarries, or they can do the ONLY other thing there is to do in that town. Play sports. Then again, with so many people in such a small place, only the best of the best get to play.

Soooo it's a recipe for disaster. These kids have nothing else to do with their free time but get these ideas of pregnancy being glamorous, of sex being something to do that is fun and feels good and it's the drug of choice next to your parent's medicine chest.

We have to invest in our children. We have to invest in our teens. And we aren't. Instead we say, "Oh dances are where these kids get into trouble." So we stop them. "Oh no, they might break their leg roller skating" So we shut down the rink. "Oh no, the economy is terrible." So now all these mothers of these mother's to be are taking up the jobs that the mother's to be might have had so they can support their pregnant teenager and their eventual early addition to the family.

June 20, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  15. Gav Lafreniere

Most of fathers are in their 20s!!! Who are the fathers? Where are they? What level of 'carnality' drives 20-something year of men to sleep with underage teens in this town?

June 20, 2008 at 10:51 pm |
  16. Edi

You really think this is news? I wish you'd visit the urban high school where I work when I'm in Indianapolis. Student pregnancy is common place! It is quite accepted and I would say encouraged by girls, boys and parents. Girls begin having babies too often in middle school. I'm often invited to student's baby showers and students do not understand that I will not go because I cannot support them being pregnant.

The difference between these girls and the ones in your story? Social class. Poor kids have accepted teen pregnancy as common place for quite some time, but no one talks about it.

June 20, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  17. Marilyn, Brussels

This is definitely an ugly situation and i hope someone cleans it up before it gets messier. What has happened to the American familly value? Does that mean that when there is no money there is no value? Simple but polite words are richer than the money they seek before they could direct this children. YES YOU CAN DO BETTER.

June 20, 2008 at 10:39 pm |
  18. Christen

Unfortunately, these girls are just the tip of the iceberg. I'm a practicing family physician in Chicago and I take care of teenagers everyday who are pregnant or want to be pregnant because their friends are. And when I say teenagers, I mean 14, 15 16 yearolds. It's true that many of my teenagers are from working class homes, but I can also say that the escalation in teenage pregnancy is not limited to the working class, they just tend to become young mothers because they can't afford abortions. The problem is a combination of poor parenting (many of the girls I see were raised by teenage mothers), poor funding for sex and birth control education, intense peer pressure, media, movies, tv (the latter 3 continuing to glorify the sexual activities of teens and young adults.) What saddens me the most is that these girls and the girls that I treat just don't have any respect for themselves and don't believe themselves to be deserving of any.

June 20, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  19. Franky

I can't believe that so many kids or teens wanna have kids now. I can tell you my parents had 9 kids altogether and I can assure you that I'm surprised myself. And to hear this story just surprises me. Is that how it is guys??? Are these the times that we see now??? Is the world changing or is it ourselves??? Is it bad decision or bad choices??? Is it bad parenting??? To be honest guys, I blame it on a lot of things....

June 20, 2008 at 10:29 pm |
  20. Foley in Idaho

TS June 20th, 2008 9:10 pm ET

“Foley in Idaho June 20th, 2008 8:23 pm ET

TS June 20th, 2008 8:10 pm ET

“RICK, PENTICTON, CANADA June 20th, 2008 6:57 pm ET
    2. second easiest is to give birth.”

Figures a man would say this.

Figures a woman would have this response.”

I’d like to see YOU pull a watermelon through your nose, then we’ll see.

At risk of continuing such nonsense I truly and honestly can't resist and am ENTIRELY SINCERE and KNOWING FULL WELL WHAT I'M ACCEPTING...

I accept your challenge. I call your Bluff. I do so being of sound mind and body. I do so being in my right mind, and I do so fully expecting and hoping that you will pay for the operation so that I may do so.
    I realize you may have lived with insincerity in your life from people of less interity, but I am not one of those people and I truly welcome the thought of, as you say, "pull[ing] a watermelon through [my] nose." I do so accept this challenge without reservation, having thought about this at length, and expecting you to make good on your proposal.

When may I expect your arrival?

June 20, 2008 at 10:22 pm |
  21. Mike in NYC

Minou, New York City wrote:

"I know it’s politically incorrect to say this, but I live in the worst neighborhood of Manhattan and I see how the kids and the adults behave, talk and drink. There are tons of young moms here and the men don’t seem to have jobs and are comfortable with it."

Not to make this conversation too provincial, but what neighborhood are you talking about? Harlem? Washington Heights?

For the benefit of our non-NYC posters - those are largely non-white neighborhoods. Gloucester is 92% white, so even though it has fallen on hard times, it probably has nowhere near the range of social pathologies that uptown Manhattan has.

June 20, 2008 at 9:59 pm |
  22. Minou, New York City

Nate: we're not talking about young women who fell in love, got married and then had a baby. These girls got pregnant just for "fun". That's irresponsible and dumb.

June 20, 2008 at 9:56 pm |
  23. Carolina

The homeless person in question was not an abused teenager, but a 24 year old man.

The parents and authorites are discussing pressing charges against the males that impregnated these girls (the males are mixed–both in school with these girls and of legal age/out of school).

These girls were so desperate... and look where it has gotten them, but I bet they're still high fiving each other and excitedly planning baby showers and names for their poor children.

June 20, 2008 at 9:38 pm |
  24. Annie Kate

Randi,

I am just dumbfounded that teens anywhere would make this sort of pact. Do they have any clue how much their life is going to change and probably not for the better having a baby this young – or have they thought that far? This is a lose-lose situation for them and the baby they will bring into the world. How did such a stupid thing get started?

Annie Kate
    Birmingham AL

June 20, 2008 at 9:32 pm |
  25. EJ (USA)

These comments on here are weird...

June 20, 2008 at 9:28 pm |
  26. TS

"Foley in Idaho June 20th, 2008 8:23 pm ET

TS June 20th, 2008 8:10 pm ET

“RICK, PENTICTON, CANADA June 20th, 2008 6:57 pm ET
    2. second easiest is to give birth.”

Figures a man would say this.

Figures a woman would have this response."

I'd like to see YOU pull a watermelon through your nose, then we'll see.

June 20, 2008 at 9:10 pm |
  27. Minou, New York City

Hyla: while I agree that the homeless should be treated with respect because, well, they are human beings, I do have to ask you if you really don't think it's absolutely disgusting to have sex with someone who hasn't washed in who knows how long? The mere act of having sex with some stranger only to become pregnant is disgusting. I'm pretty sure Randi is gracious and giving toward the homeless; her comment does not indicate disrespect at all.

I don't feel sorry for these girls, but for the parents and the babies. Clearly the babies weren't really wanted, and a teenager who gets pregnant just because it's in, won't make responsible, loving parents.
    They don't seem to have an education. I bet it's a bad neighborhood...I know it's politically incorrect to say this, but I live in the worst neighborhood of Manhattan and I see how the kids and the adults behave, talk and drink. There are tons of young moms here and the men don't seem to have jobs and are comfortable with it. So, what kind of neighborhood are we talking about in Gloucester?

June 20, 2008 at 8:56 pm |
  28. Nate

I think that young women exercising their reproductive rights is fantastic. Pregnancy is natural and its sad that society demeans young women for expressing it.

June 20, 2008 at 8:47 pm |
  29. Mike in NYC

Maybe, after realizing how many "urban" babymamas were living off the government teat, they figured it was high time that they got some of that "assistance."

Fay, CA wrote:

"... at this point in their lives they should be focused on getting an education and preparing themselves for a career ..."

I realize that this situation is a bit unusual, but what's wrong with skipping the "career" and going straight into motherhood? Younger women tend to be healthier, so it makes sense from a medical perspective. Sure, it’s tough to get by on single incomes, but having a mother at home with the kids is definitely worth the belt tightening.

Randi, our reporter, wrote:

“One girl apparently went so far as to get pregnant by a homeless guy just to be a part of it.”

He could be a perfectly healthy young guy who's just between apartments. Let's not assume anything here.

Cindy wrote:

"It is not their [the school's] job to see to it that these kids know about sex, birth control or raising kids."

You got that right.

June 20, 2008 at 8:30 pm |
  30. Foley in Idaho

Oh well, it will be turned into a man's fault anyways. Ho hum... life as usual I guess.

That's what we get for revoting for a guy who told his surgeon general to promote abstinance absent of contraception and any real sex education.

June 20, 2008 at 8:29 pm |
  31. Karen Ohio

I was floored when I first heard about this. I can't imagine having become a mother as a teenager. It does make me wonder what kind of guidance that these girls had since it seems like they haven't considered the responsibilty and changes that are ahead of them. When someone is that young do they realize that this isn't like the latest trend and you can't just move on if you get frustrated or tired of being a parent?

June 20, 2008 at 8:27 pm |
  32. Cynthia

It's a sad situation all the way around. But, did I read free daycare at the schoo?. My, things have surely changed since I was in high school.

June 20, 2008 at 8:26 pm |
  33. Foley in Idaho

TS June 20th, 2008 8:10 pm ET

“RICK, PENTICTON, CANADA June 20th, 2008 6:57 pm ET
    2. second easiest is to give birth.”

Figures a man would say this.

Figures a woman would have this response.

June 20, 2008 at 8:23 pm |
  34. Heather

You know I've heard of reading, writing and arithmatic maybe even some extracurricular activities. I never considered pregnancy a extracurricular activity. Perhaps you could say not only do they have a extracurricular love life one say could say they were making it a team effort, taking one for for the team, etc. Seriously, where were and are the parents of these girls. Baby's aren't dolls that you play dress up with. It's a lifetime responsibility. They can forget about college or a career. I see welfare checks in their future. I feel horrible for the children yet to be born. What a mess they have made. Even if they came to their senses, these poor babies would eventually find out later in life as adults that they were put up for adoption because their mothers made a pregnancy pact. How much trauma do you need. These girls are nothing more than clueless and idiots!

June 20, 2008 at 8:21 pm |
  35. TS

"RICK, PENTICTON, CANADA June 20th, 2008 6:57 pm ET
    2. second easiest is to give birth."

Figures a man would say this.

June 20, 2008 at 8:10 pm |
  36. Ratna, New York, NY

Hi Randi,

It is not only the peer pressure, but the culture of being stigmatized against homeless people. They are so dehumanized, it is very sad.

I'm curious about this.

June 20, 2008 at 7:47 pm |
  37. Christina

hey Randi,
    I've notice quite a few "where were their parents" in the comments. I remember high school; you can hide just about anything from your parents if you really have your mind set on it. Going to the library, I have practice tonight, staying over at a friend's house________ insert name here! These are just a few.

Sometimes too, girls in school want to be loved unconditionally. Many feel a baby will do that. Babies are easy, hug em, feed em, hold em, be there for them – they love you. Just because these girls are young, doesn't guarantee that they won't love their babies and be good mothers.

To play devil's advocate, at least they won't find themselves 15 or 20 years from now wanting a baby and not having one because they weren't pretty enough to get married. Sometimes you wait for the handsome prince and the fairy tale and it never appears.

June 20, 2008 at 7:25 pm |
  38. Jackie -La Habra-CA

These girls are getting a lot of Media coverage.
    I guess most teens will learn the how to on freebies by the Media coverage?

I do hope ALL State help is not given to these young ladies.....free college money by way of pregnancy is nothing new in California.

June 20, 2008 at 7:02 pm |
  39. Cassie

Why haven’t the parents, the teachers, and the community been telling these girls very clearly that it is wrong to have a child as a teenager?

Not that is difficult, not that it may hard, but that it is wrong.
    A teenager does not have the means to raise a child and that it is damaging to a child for a teenager to do attempt to do so.

June 20, 2008 at 6:59 pm |
  40. RICK, PENTICTON, CANADA

1. The easiest thing they did is get pregnant.
    2. second easiest is to give birth.
    3. Hardest thing will be to take responsibility for what they have done.

All equals to morals, no values, oh what fun it is to be a sexually active crazy mixed up kid. Kids having kids.
    It might help to deny any social benefits or any and all of them.

It would be interesting to know if this is all family traits??

June 20, 2008 at 6:57 pm |
  41. Bianca, NY

What were these girls thinking?! So much for "best friends forever" pacts. Pregnancy is not a cool thing when you are still a kid yourself, and all this leaves me wondering, where were the adults? Will they still be high-fiving when they're changing dirty diapers, pinching pennies for baby food and waking up in the middle of night to their child's screaming?

June 20, 2008 at 6:55 pm |
  42. spriro

Yeah! Good pact. Now that the economy is so bad and all the illegals are fleeing the country, these Americans girls can go and do the jobs the illegals do: clean bathrooms, wash dishes and cars or just wait for the welfare check and obviously having more children (they are young, why not?, the government paid), raising their kids to be good American citizens just like their mothers are.

June 20, 2008 at 6:53 pm |
  43. Michael, NC

Wow...why didn't these girls go to MY high school!
    Kidding...I can't fathom being a parent in high school, much less doing it with a bunch of my friends. I mean, these reckless decisions are going to bite all of these girls in the butt and they are acting like it is awesome! I don't know what to say other than what are their parents doing? I know that would never fly in my house!

June 20, 2008 at 6:18 pm |
  44. Harvey Dowd

Has anyone even asked if the fathers were aware of any of this? Were they led or misled into this? They're looking at statuatory rape charges for what was undoubtably consentual sex, and paternity payments for what appears to be a setup job. It seems politically incorrect to imply the fathers were the victims in this, but I doubt they were part of this apparent conspiracy. Of course, we'll never know without journalists bothering to ask...

Harvey Dowd
    Kingston, Ontario

June 20, 2008 at 6:13 pm |
  45. Maura O'Brien

In the same year Senator Hillary Clinton campaigned to become the next President this pregnancy pact also took place. At a time when women are able to do almost anything they set their minds to teenagers are also planning this! Sometimes it feels like everyhing changes and nothing changes.

June 20, 2008 at 6:13 pm |
  46. Hyla, Toronto, Canada

(sorry – previous version was written very badly! I hope you can ignore it)

What happened in this school is very, very sad. You might, however, want to delete the following:

"One girl apparently went so far as to get pregnant by a homeless guy just to be a part of it."

Do you not have sympathy for the homeless? A homless person is still a person and deserves to be treated without derision. He could be a teenager who had abusive parents. He could be suffering from mental illness. I do not believe in God, but I still love the saying, "There but for the grace of God go I."

thank you.

June 20, 2008 at 5:58 pm |
  47. Lilibeth

I’ve never heard of this kind of pact before, but I guess there’s a first time for everything. I feel sorry for the girls and even sorrier for the parents who will potentially have to shoulder the responsibility of taking care of the babies.

Lilibeth
    Edmonds, Washington

June 20, 2008 at 5:53 pm |
  48. Fay, CA

These girls must not be getting proper guidance from their parents or other family members–at this point in their lives they should be focused on getting an education and preparing themselves for a career in order for them to have a secure future, but instead they will be faced with raising a child that they are not yet equipped to provide for emotionally or financially. A child raised under these conditions is not likely to thrive and may end up repeating the same destructive patterns as the parent. Being a parent is very challenging, but it's especially difficult for young people who have not yet matured themselves.

June 20, 2008 at 5:47 pm |
  49. Cindy

This is the most ridiculous thing that I have ever heard of! For these girls to make a pact to get pregnant is ludicrous! But we are talking about kids here who obviously haven't gotten all their faculties in order. All I have to say is where were the parents!? Why were these girls allowed to run around and sleep around until they got pregnant? It seems as if they were into their own lives and didn't pay too much attention to the kids. It's a shame! Now they will be paying for that neglect for the rest of their lives!

No amount of birth control would have stopped this because they wanted to get pregnant. So no one can really blame the school for not having sex ed or for not giving out birth control. It is not their job to see to it that these kids know about sex, birth control or raising kids. That is the parents job.

And to try and blame it on movies is ludicrous also. Millions of people saw "Juno" and other such movies but they didn't run out to get pregnant. The blame has to go squarely on the shoulders of the parents who obviously neglected their duties as parents.

Cindy...Ga.

June 20, 2008 at 5:39 pm |
  50. Janna

I have a feeling this story is only going to get more disturbing. Do they have an abortion pact as well? an adoption pact? ...and the fathers of these babies...*sigh* This has just begun.

June 20, 2008 at 5:38 pm |