June 19th, 2008

Tonight's Show

Raising her profileIn a symbolic move that highlights her international experiences and passion for children's charities, Cindy McCain's headed to Vietnam, Thailand and Cambodia to renew her ties to programs like "Operation Smile." Tonight, a look at Cindy McCain - possibly our next First Lady.

Filed under: On TV
  1. Angela

Please find some positive things to report about Michael Jackson and the Jackson's Family. There are many, many positive things that this man accomplished in his life. Now is the time to report those things. Very little time if any is spent on this type of news. His children must b view grown-ups and this world as a very cold place. I know they must be hurt watching all this negative details of their father's personal life. I am sure this is not the father they know. Again the world is watching us and what our priorities are, how can we criticize anyone. Let us show some respect for the family and wait for the funeral. Lets talk about the hungry children he fed, the thousands of children who enjoyed neverland, bring them out, the sick children he helped instead of those who sought to profit from him by destroying his legacy. They cannot kill him anymore, but we can ruin his children and his family as his music states "ITS TIME TO MAKE THAT CHANGE'

July 3, 2009 at 1:57 am |
  2. Mary Jordan

Wow- A President that is going around the world trying to fix the economical crisis. Oh what will the opponents say who want him to be like previous presidents and rough up the turf at the Country clubs.
    A President who is doing what he told the American people he would do. How original! What will Rush say???

March 30, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  3. larry

I watched Judge Judy say tonight on Larry King Live, Madoff should kill himself. What does she know about that. My wife killed herself and it is a terrible thing. Now I will never watch her again! Also I hope no one in her family does that because of our failing economy.

March 16, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  4. eddie tx

thats y republicans hv a problem now ,jindale speaks of katrina,that was bush admin,not obama admin, i think he was trying to get elected,but as u can see he dint even respond to the great speech the prez gave

February 24, 2009 at 10:48 pm |
  5. Maureen

RE: Health Reform

Dr. Oz of Oprah fame would be a very good choice to replace Tom Daschle to head up Health Reform.

February 3, 2009 at 10:22 pm |
  6. Maureen

RE: Blame

Come on, Obama is not to blame for Tom Daschle error. Tom knew before his commitment that he should have crossed all the "T"s and dotted all the "i"s. Obama feels bad yes, but everyone should have their ducks in order even if they are not running for office. PAY YOUR TAXES!!!!!

February 3, 2009 at 10:18 pm |
  7. matez cooper

so mr. cooper when are we going to really get to the facts of how we really got in this economic war in the frist place. and when yell going to let the people talk for there self. because yell don't speak for us at all.cause we want these cooks that got us in this economic crisic in jail

February 3, 2009 at 8:34 pm |
  8. Maureen

RE: Tom Daschle, withdrawing his name from consideration.

With all of the monies that have NOT been paid by the Big Wigs in Washington, I'm sure if they did a financial check on ALL of the State and Federal good ole boys and gals; that it may not be necessary for the Stimulas Package be paid for by John and Mary Q. Public. These Big Wigs can better afford it then I can.

Retired in Columbus Ohio

February 3, 2009 at 7:00 pm |
  9. Maureen

RE: Tom Daschle, withdrawing his name from consideration.

With all of the monies that have NOT been paid by the Big Wigs in Washington, I sure if they did a financial check on ALL of the State and Federal good ole boys and gals that it may not be necessary for the Stimulas Package be paid for by John and Mary Q. Public. These Big Wigs can better afford it then I can.

Retired in Columbus Ohio

February 3, 2009 at 6:54 pm |
  10. A.G Evans

A question for Suze
    I have not heard any comment on insured tax free bonds. Since most of my retirement savings is in this I would like to know if this is a safe place at the present time. I am age 70 and need monthly income from savings.

Thanks

Arnold

September 29, 2008 at 10:24 pm |
  11. Elizabeth Leblanc

Now let,s get to GovernorSarah Palin's trip to theUN'. Butl et's talk first of all about my definition of a good leader. First of all, I don't want a leader who is "just like me" as I've heard several people define MS.Palin. No, I want a leader who is better than me– wiser than me– braver than me–and more hopeful than me. I want a leader who appeals to the best part of my nature; to my generousity my honesty, my lack of envy -slight as those qualities might be. I want a leader who will llift me up to envison a brighter future-not a lessor one.And I want a leader who laughts with us–not at us–a sense of humor that comes from a recognition of the hunan frailties that we allmust suffer. fSadly–the speeches that I've heard Ms. Palin give to the American people do not lead me to believe that she posseses those positive qualities of leadership that I have listed above.Nor does she qualifiy to represent the United States of America in any gathering– great or small.

September 22, 2008 at 11:18 pm |
  12. Aggie

Alaska has vast oil reserves. How does the McCain/Palin ticket impact on the future tapping of those oil reserves if they make the White House?

Also, re: the 18,000,000 cracks in the ceiling retort Palin sallied forth with upon her appearing with McCain, They're STILL cracks in the ceiling, although McCain has chosen her as his running mate. Clinton was running for President. Palin isn't, and there have been female candidates for Vice President before. Palin hasn't won yet and in all probability won't. Clinton women supporters are not going to drop all their convictions/reasons for supporting Clint just to back Palin because she's a woman. Get real! There's more at stake

August 29, 2008 at 11:24 pm |
  13. Mike Larkin

I believe that Senator McCain did not shoot himself in the foot but rather he shot himself in the head. I think this choice reflects his mental inability to make good decisions. With his health and his age there is a real possibility she could become the President. He may be pleasing his base but does he really think the majority of Americans want her as the V P having only been the leader of Alaska for two years? I don't think so! While she is probably a very nice person and I agree with her on abortion, she is the best reason ( next to John McCain) to vote for Senator Obama for the office of President. What the Republicans needed was a person who is not mainly pro big business, pro Iraq war, and pro NRA. She brings no balance to McCain's views. His choice; his mistake and his race to loose!

August 29, 2008 at 10:26 pm |
  14. john Taylor

I am a Canadian and I appreciate the CNN daily coverage of American politics on T V ..ever so interesting...

August 11, 2008 at 11:36 pm |
  15. John NY

Please explain why the press continue to cover for MCcain..always deleting and failing to show fully what happens or alway interpreting things that he says in a positive way.
    Will you do that to foreign leaders on his behalf if he is president.

August 5, 2008 at 10:15 pm |
  16. Myrna Carlson

Dear Mr. Gergen,

I don't know if you read my comment the other day about you stating that Sen. Obama was negotiating while in Iraq, and that there was only, "one president at a time," but I was disappointed because I differed with your analysis. As I said, I have long respected and admired you because you didn't allow your political affiliations to cloud your honest and thoughtful analysis of a situation. I may not have always liked what you said, but you clearly made me think and see things in a different light.

Tonight I would like to thank you for stating, very clearly, that what the young lady (sorry don't know her name) was saying about Sen. Obama not admitting the "Surge" has worked is not true. Granted Sen. Obama has not said – oh gee I am sorry I was wrong – but he has in fact said that it has worked along with many other factors. This may not be what the Republicans want to hear, but that is Sen. Obama's view and I don't think he should be scurriously attacked so personnally by his political rival.

May I ask one simple question? Why does the Republican Party and/or Republicans, for so many years, think it is American do destroy another's character. Why if you differ with them they call you un-American? Does not a Republican President serve all Americans even those who may not always agree with him? It's shameful and it hurts to be so attacked. Thank you for allowing me to voice my comments. Myrna – Prescott, Arizona

July 23, 2008 at 11:51 pm |
  17. EDMOND MARTIN

All concerned,
    The jet fuel issue by US AIRWAYS is a very intelligent one all around for all involved in fact.
    1. US AIRWAYS can only pay salaries as they stay solvent and their profits will directly affect how many employees they can keep employed and or give better pay each contract.
    2.It helps cut down on global warming greenhouse gases.
    3. All aviation companies can and should do this process because of all the above reasons and including driving down prices.

I have been in aviation all my life over 27 years and pilots have always wanted more authority just to fill their heads and egos than they truly need or deserve.
    I'm also a union represented employee and the union should've done a full investigation as if they had they'd know this process of less fueling has already been used for many reasons ,even including flight planning approved by the F.A.A.
    I have been F.A.A. licensed myself for 23 years working on 9 jet models both military and civilian as I now do.

IT IS A LEGAL PROCESS PERIOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 17, 2008 at 2:15 am |