June 12th, 2008

Harder done than said?

Dr. Sanjay Gupta's 360 Vlog

Hey Bloggers,

Wanted to share this great video blog (Vlog) from our very own Dr. Sanjay Gupta. He's out in Cameroon working on 'Planet In Peril: Battle Lines'.... But sometimes going to cover a story can be harder said than done... or harder done than said?

I'll just let Sanjay tell you...

1. deborah, OH

Or...like Dee said, Anderson could be on Lookout....for what, I'm not sure, but he COULD be! lol.

June 16, 2008 at 9:43 am |
  2. deborah, OH

Just 'found' this funny little video–maybe Anderson is staying out of the sun-he doesn't need any more skin cancer.

June 16, 2008 at 9:40 am |
  3. Peb - Los Angeles, California

Dr. Gupta – I believe the saying is "better said than done", not "harder done then said".

June 13, 2008 at 6:24 pm |
  4. Annie Kate

Looked like Anderson was just staying out of the way – there were plenty of people taking care of that tire. Hope you got where you were going without any more mishaps!

Annie Kate
    Birmingham AL

June 12, 2008 at 10:18 pm |
  5. Bill, Lima, Peru

Watch out Anderson! I'm following in your shoes! Remember Hurricane Katrina?

June 12, 2008 at 4:52 pm |
  6. Tammy, Berwick, LA

Look on the bright side. The flat didn't happen during a rainstorm as the road was disappearing into one big puddle that four-wheel drives can't cross 🙂 Things can always be worse. I am guessing you have another vehicle with you as you travel (just in case). Stay safe.

June 12, 2008 at 3:29 pm |
  7. Charlotte D

What a hoot. Here you guys are in the middle of nowhere able to "vlog" to us and show the flat tire being fixed and all we are commenting on is how much Anderson is "helping" to fix the flat. I guess like me he just calls AAA.

Stay safe and I am sure your families appreciate the live view even more than the viewers. Remember to wave to your kids next time.

June 12, 2008 at 3:14 pm |
  8. CaseyJPS - California

How does that saying go? You can take the boy out of the something, but you can't take the....

Well, you know.

June 12, 2008 at 3:06 pm |
  9. Max, Dallas, TX

Aaaand that's why I don't drive. Good luck on the road, Sanjay!
    I hope you and the rest of the crew are taking precautions when getting up-close to the disease-ridden "bush meat."

June 12, 2008 at 2:54 pm |
  10. seah ohio

Next flat we want to see Anderson and Sanjay Changing it.

Just joking we hope there are no more flat tires for you.

Have fun on your journey.

June 12, 2008 at 2:41 pm |
  11. Megan Dresslar

Sanjay,
    Awwwwww! That is so sad for Anderson change tires! LOL I am praying for you Sanjay and Anderson! Hope you have fun trip ! I missed Anderson so much, Hope he is doing great!
    Right on! Cindy! she is right about that, I can't blame him either!
    I am so amazing to see you on Planet in Peril, that is my favorite program.......... Hope you and Anderson stay safe trip! Good luck Sanjay and Anderson......
    Megan D.
    Shoreline, WA

June 12, 2008 at 2:40 pm |
  12. Sara.Ro

C'mon folks it's just about a tire, not a relocation, a surgery or a relativistic project 🙂

June 12, 2008 at 2:38 pm |
  13. Dee, New York

No wait, they don't have sidewalks. Maybe he's the lookout. I don't think that the CNN people are the top of the food chain over there.

June 12, 2008 at 2:28 pm |
  14. Dee, New York

Maybe he's the designated Sidewalk Superintendent?

June 12, 2008 at 2:20 pm |
  15. kent fitzsimmons,Kewanee, Illinois

Anderson is a rock star.............when he is ready to perform give him the cue...............

June 12, 2008 at 1:47 pm |
  16. Monika

Yeah, great jittery video from Dr. Gupta. You'd think as a brain surgeon he'd have a steadier hand.

Whatever happened to Anderson's v-blog that was supposed to be posted on Monday? I don't remember seeing that.

June 12, 2008 at 1:30 pm |
  17. Renee

Dr. Gupta:

We are glad to know there is AAA for you and Anderson even in the jungle!

June 12, 2008 at 1:25 pm |
  18. Lilibeth

Hmmm...how come Anderson's not helping change the tire? LOL! Does he know how? Too funny...

I'm more used to the expression, "Easier said than done." You just said it in a different way. LOL!

Hope you get that tire fixed so you get to go wherever you need to go, Sanjay!

Safe travels,
    Lilibeth
    Edmonds, Washington

June 12, 2008 at 11:49 am |
  19. missy

Hey, Anderson's not helping change the tire? What goes on here! LOL

June 12, 2008 at 11:35 am |
  20. Cindy

AWW...that is too funny them having a flat!! Thanks for the video! And I loved that while everyone was hanging around trying to see about the tire that Coop was off to the side staying far away from the work of changing the tire!! LOL Honestly...I don't blame him on that one! LOL

Looking forward to seeing more from them soon.

Cindy...Ga.