June 4th, 2008

What a season finale! Next in the presidential race: Season two

[cnn-photo-caption image=http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/06/04/art.obamanominee.jpg caption="Obama claimed the Democratic presidential nomination Tuesday night in a long-time-coming victory."]

Barclay Palmer
360° Senior Producer

Today reminds me of that odd feeling when you see a heavily promoted "Season Finale" on TV, but you know a whole new season begins any minute–right after your too quick summer vacation.

Sure, the amazing and gripping Obama vs. Hillary contest is over... But what now–does he pick her as running mate, win over her supporters and heal the party–and get Wild Bill rustling up trouble, to boot?

Or does he pick some lesser mortal to form some dream-is-over ticket, and hope everyone will forget the valiant but too-late rally by Hillary and her supporters, and let him get on with the real title fight with John McCain?

The fellow parents waiting at my daughter's bus stop this morning could talk about nothing else. Daughters? Oh yeah–bye!! Love you!!

What's your view?

Filed under: Barack Obama • Barclay Palmer • Democrats • Hillary Clinton • John McCain • Raw Politics
  1. Rick

Jeffrey Tubin misspoke last night during the primary finals when he stated that Barack Obama was not a Baby boomer. If I am not mistaken the Baby boomer generation started in 1946 and ended in 1964. Barack Obama was born in 1961. I believe that makes him a Baby boomer.

June 4, 2008 at 12:40 pm |
  2. Regina Askia Williams

Hillary has vowed to help the democratic party suceed in November so give her space to encourage her delegates and followers to support Obama . She is a formidable combatant who unfortunately cannot tell who the real opponents are, and cannot hear the referee's whistle that the contest is over. She is by herself in the ring.....still fighting. She is pushing her agenda, fighting Obama , fighting the DNC. Leave her long enough and she will be fighting America. She definitely is not VP matierial

June 4, 2008 at 12:35 pm |
  3. Michelle

Barclay I was surprised You all did not do a recap of
    the last few months of the campaign. I am looking forward
    to see how 360 will cover this year's election. I hope not
    as usual.

I am wondering if HRC and McCain got a lot of negative
    feedback for their words last night because the tone sure
    seems to have changed on the morning after.

The McCain campaign be find a better color scheme
    and backdrop for their candidate. Right now the settings
    are not making good television. A lot of people are not
    digging lime green.

Please stop referring to woman as monolithic voters.
    We are now 51 percent of the population and are
    in different demos.

Barclay I know some parents whose kids are asking
    if Obama won. They like saying his name for some reason.
    Because they always laugh after hey say it,

June 4, 2008 at 12:34 pm |
  4. Chris - Hemet, Ca.

Hopefully Obama will pick, as you said, a "lesser mortal" as his VP. In this case less would be more. I was willing to accept it if she was chosen but after that selfish, embarassing performance last night I just want to see her, and Bill, gone!!

June 4, 2008 at 12:30 pm |
  5. Ron Murphy

I like others in our country have watched the democratic process play out over these last months. I'm neither republican or democrat in fact I am sorry to say i've never voted in my 61 years on this earth. The excitement Barack Obama has generated is unbelievable and mystifying. He has run on the promise of change. I wish I had a nickle for every politician who had used that as a campaign slogan till he got elected and then was beaten down by the establishment. I am still waiting for Mister Obama to give me specifics on his changes and how they will be paid for. I fear our great country is at a crossroad and one wrong step will lead us to an abyss which we will never get out of. The decline in the last eight years has drug this once great nation to an also ran. Control of our country is in the hands of foreign contries and governments. We are at a place where a lot of our businesses and financial institutions are controlled by foreign coutries. They drive our economy and control all aspects of our dailey life. We must become self suffient again and cut our dependency on other countries. We must take care of our elderly, children, poor, homeless and our veterans. No one in this country should be without food, shelter or medical care. All the money we send around the world and waste on war could take care of our sick and needy,better educate our children, provide the medical care everyone needs and take care of our elderly and veterans.When this is accompished then we can become the worlds helper. I'm not using this reasoning to be hard and unfeeling I'm simply saying we have some of the same suffering in our country that other countries have and they turn a blind eye when we have a tradgedy how many times do others help us? Now is the time for all of us to pull together and make this country great again and show the world what we are made of. I realize by not exercising my right to vote I probably shouldn't gripe, but thats what our country is about democracy express yourself right or wrong. Thanks for listening.

June 4, 2008 at 12:22 pm |
  6. Illona Turner

I have never been so excited. We are on the move to not only change our country but to change the world. The change and hope that Obama speaks of can be found in all of us. Obama’s integrity is our vehicle and inspiration that can unite us to make this happen. Our environment, economy, educationally system, health care, dependency on foreign fuel and engagement in a ‘dumb war’ says clearly, ‘It’s time to turn the page.’ We are all faced with choices but at the end of the day we must live with our choices. I am glad that I chose ‘Hope and Change’. I pray that others will hear the small voice inside us that is daring us to find the courage to HOPE. “The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them” (Prov. 11:3).

June 4, 2008 at 12:21 pm |
  7. Angelina

I hope you can analyze this: subtract all the superdelegates and the ones not won by direct vote of the democrats all across America and give us,if you please, the naked numbers. After thanking you in advance I may add that the vote from PR is important due to the fact that if we choose to interact actively with our fellow nationals enabled to vote in Nov. we can also influence the outcome greatly. What about a Hillary write-in campaign? It's time for a very clear apology for the sexist offenses received by her as a woman and a LADY representing a numerous group of baby-boomer ladies like me. Knowledge and experience empowers all human beings and humanism makes them a real and empathic person.

June 4, 2008 at 12:19 pm |
  8. Kent Fitzsimmons,Illinois

You know...........if Obama could somehow get the endorsement of Jesse Ventura, and get Ventura to attack the Republican machine with him it would help out a lot. Ventura in the past will not endorse a Dem or Repub. But, he did say on Larry King that he felt Obama was better than McCain.

Some of you may find this humorous..............but I'm originally from MN. You can NEVER, EVER, count out Ventura from anything. He has the ability to BE the average guy. We see him as one of us and for us. Lol .................but just ask MN, or just watch him waltz in and sit as a Senator from MN this fall.

June 4, 2008 at 12:09 pm |
  9. Rajeev

Wee keep questioning whether Hillary Clinton's supportors will back Obama or McCain if Clinton gets on this "hypothetical" dream ticket. We also need to address what Obama's supportors afeel nd how they will react if Clinton on the ticket too? Have you looked into polls etc to see if Obama's supportors will still vote for Obama if he had Hillary as the VP? I know I will not vote for him if he gets Hillary on his ticket....I might just become a republican then........

June 4, 2008 at 12:08 pm |
  10. Jacklyn Flynn

I have to admit that I am much more interested in what Hillary Clinton is going to do, than I am interested in where Obama goes from here.
    I think that Hillary's announcement eclipsed Obama's "Jesus Christ: Superstar" moment.

So, is running as an Independent a possibility?
    In what ways can she take this all the way to the floor in Denver?

June 4, 2008 at 11:57 am |
  11. Simon Frankruyter

I find it difficult to understand why Hillary is so intent on staying the course eventhough Barack has clearly obtained the required delegates to be the presumptive nominee.
    Even this morning she was talking at the AIPAC meeting as though she was the presumptive nominee and would suggest with all her emphasis on "I" in her speech that she would not make a very good team player which is so critical in the being a Vice President nominee.
    Her ego along with her husband Bill on the sideline would doom this so called dream ticket.
    The dream ticket could have been a reality if she had been more gracious in defeat and acknowledged the historical precedence that was set by having an African American be the presumptive nominee for the democratic party.
    What she has done to date is galvanize a lot of women voters to oppose Barack's nomination and will make it extremely difficult to bring healing to the party that is mow sorely divided.
    I had hopes that America would finally get it right but now it would seem that the party will destroy itself from within and allow McCain to become your next president.
    Which basically means that, unfortunately;we will have more of the same.
    What a let down!!!

June 4, 2008 at 11:51 am |
  12. LizzyB

Hillary Clinton is a fighter. She doesn’t back down. She’ll go to bat for us every time. I hope she runs as an independent, she already has mine as well as 18 million votes. The democratic party is over. We need a leader for the working majority. Hillary ‘08 Independent!

June 4, 2008 at 11:44 am |
  13. xtina, chicago

why doesn't Obama show real change and reach across the aisle to make Chuck Hagel (the anti-war republican) or Bobby Jindal the VP candidate

June 4, 2008 at 11:42 am |
  14. Marcus

As an interested Canadian, I find this race the most interesting in a long time. It had everything from a clean to a not so clean campaign. What I find the most interesting is that there seems to be a movement a foot to make Senator Clinton the VP on the ticket. I ponder the wisdom of this move. To me the VP is someone who is in the White House should something happen to incapacitate the President. Hence, a person, who stays in the background until needed.

Sadly, I do not feel that Senator Clinton and Ex-President Clinton would give anyone the easy feeling that they could stay in the background and "have the back" of the President. Having two such high profile and strong personalities in the White House would make me nervous, if I was the President. There would be the constant "second guessing" at every turn of a decision from the President. The Clinton's would be too strong a force to allow someone to run the country without their interference. I suggest it is difficult enough to run the country and you would not want someone on your team who may not always "have your back"

June 4, 2008 at 11:35 am |
  15. Kyle

I remember back in 1988 that George Bush was getting pressure to put Jeanne Kirkpatrick on the ticket with him but, realizing that he would be overshadowed by her intelligence and presence, he opted for the safe choice,..Dan Quayle. Bush knew he was safe and his health was secure because no one in their right mind would want to see a President Quayle. If Barack chooses Hillary, she will never settle comfortably into a #2 slot and she would still be seen as threat, not a teammate. She would want more of a co-presidency. My bet is that somehow, the Clinton Legacy will be protected, but that Evan Bayh will be your next VP. BTW: Dan Quayle won his Senate seat from Evan Bayh's father, former Sen. Birch Bayh. Oh, but John McCain will pick Kay Bailey Hutchinson so either way, our next administration will break ground.

June 4, 2008 at 11:34 am |
  16. Carrie Criado

Both Obama and Clinton have energized the Democratic party in such an amazing way! As a voter who has backed Clinton all the way, it is my sincere hope that these two capable politicians will do what is most needed now and join forces to give us the best chance of winning in the Fall.

Carrie Criado

June 4, 2008 at 11:30 am |
  17. Honor Cook

First, I'm 60, a white female and an independent. I've watched these campaigns closely for several months now. I was proud to see the first woman candidate and equally as happy for the first black candidate, and I don't dislike McCain.

What happened to Hillary? She has gone from a hard-working supporter of the middle class to a self serving, "what's in it for me" politician (maybe she was all along and is now showing her colors). She repeatedly claims the most votes by insisting that all votes be counted. Yet she insistently refuses to include caucus state votes and those Michigan voters who supported Obama by voting uncommitted. That means "count all votes except those that I say don't count." She shouts that over 17 million Americans have voted for her, the most ever in a primary election, but refuses to acknowledge that same amount has voted for Obama.

What happened to Hillary and her statement that, once there was a nominee, she'd work her heart out for the party and the nominee. She couldn't even bring herself to acknowledge the nominee let alone work for him. What should have been a fabulous moment in our nation's history has been overshadowed by her inciteful speech demanding that she's the best candidate and urging her supporters to email her and tell her what to do next (and her supporters began chanting "Denver," possibly believing there was still a chance for her to get the nomination).

What happened to Hillary? She turned into a bitter, arrogant, shrewd polititial who acts like she means to make people pay for crossing her. Please don't let her on the ticket!

June 4, 2008 at 11:29 am |
  18. Larry

LOL Well there goes any thought of Hillary having any post in Obama's wh; when Obama spokesman referred to Hillary's speech as that of 'deranged narcissism'. It may be true, and I hope he doesn't apologize for it as I had always respected him and his objectiveness as much as that of Candy Crowley.

June 4, 2008 at 11:28 am |
  19. joe raybon

First off let me start off by speaking the truth in that yesterday was a monumental day considering how long blacks were enslaved by "Rich White Men". Society has grown but the media hasn't. The media and other powers that be are the ones keeping the race and gender issues alive. Everytime i watch anything political it always goes down the path ofolder white voters or older white voters in certain areas ect. I think the powerful media know what these people will do because they are their own flesh and blood and they want to keep some type of advantage alive, so why not try to keep dividing the people by using race and gender. Whats even worse is how the media wants them to stay ignorant and considers itself "Professionals" while dodging the real situation at hand. I also know that this comment probably won't get posted but hopefully someone will read it before it does. Face it "OLD" America, your worst nightmare is coming.....CHANGE! I'm glad i'm not a puppet like the rest and smarter than i look!

June 4, 2008 at 11:26 am |
  20. Michelle Ray

I would really like to see the content of the letter that Bob Johnson wrote to Mr. Obama re (in my opinion) strong-arming Mr. Obama to place Hillary on the ticket as VP. I am truly appauled and disgusted in his lack of dignity, morals and values. When he negatively atacked Obama in the beginning of the campaign, I vowed never to watch BET, purchase anything with his name on it. Thank you in advance Anderson. Please try to get a copy of the letter and place it on your site.

June 4, 2008 at 11:25 am |
  21. A. Wesley

I love Bill Clinton , admire Hillary and all, but for the sake of the Democratic Party I pray she does not stir things up any more then has been done.
    From a political stand point, I thought African politicians were the only ones who would not concede power, but I now beg to differ.
    An Obama/Clinton ticket would be extraordinary but not if Hillary continues to hold on to every opportunity to diminish what Obama has accomplished. Unite for the sake of a better America!

June 4, 2008 at 11:21 am |
  22. Gerry

John McCain ORR Barrack Obama

ORR = Operation Rebuild Republicans. This would be a movement by Republicans to vote for Obama in protest to show Republican party its time to regroup for 2012. I guess this would be the same as lets see oh yea Rush Limbaugh’s having Republicans voting for Hillary Clinton to prolong the inevitable fact that America is about to discover John McCain is a CLOWN.

June 4, 2008 at 11:19 am |
  23. susan

Sen. Obama does need to sit down and talk with Sen Clinton and they need to address how he is going to win the Hispanic and Woman's vote that Sen Clinton has carried, but Pres Clinton is a wildcard that needs to be neutralized. Sen Clinton can solidify the party by endorsing Sen Obama, however that loyal Hispanic constituent will need to see something tangible to swing their vote to Sen Obama

June 4, 2008 at 11:19 am |
  24. Tanita

I have voted democrat my entire life in every election. Regardless of what happens, I cannot vote for Obama under any circumstances because of his Islamic connections with his family and because of his church beliefs; even though he did quit his church, he was there for 20 years and that tells me he shared their views. I am generally open-minded and accepting, but after hearing any of those racist comments in ANY church, I would not go back to that church. Obama having stayed there shows he did share their views or was there strictly for political gain, either are immoral and shows bad judgment for a presidential nominee. I have learned about his Chicago ties and dealings. However, my own personal morals would not allow me to vote for Obama under any circumstances, regardless of the outcome; even if it means the Republicans win. I can go so far as saying I will vote for McCain just to help make sure Obama does not win.

June 4, 2008 at 11:15 am |
  25. Susan Stephenson

I would like to Hillary run for president on an independent ticket. She and Obama have such different views, I don't know how anyone could support them on the same ticket. I don't know how any of her supporters could turn to Obama either.

June 4, 2008 at 11:03 am |
  26. Halina Cheng

I am very happy to see Obama won and feel sorry for HiIllary's super 'stubborness' and I am glad she will not be potentially running your country. I was a little bit upset though when I turned on the TV this morning and saw an interview done by one of the CNN reporters. This lady (the interviewee),who is a supporter of Hillary, said on national TV that 'I will not vote for Obama; I would rather see a woman (pause for 10 seconds) than Obama'!!!!! Don't tell me there is no discrimination, shame on you lady. I wish that Obama would not pick Hillary as his running VP, either win or lose the presidency, he has already made US history and millions of people are very proud of him.
    Vote for what you believe, not the colour!!!!
    Halina
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    (p.s. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Anderson...)

June 4, 2008 at 10:57 am |
  27. Jade

If Obama was to elect Hilary as VP then he would just be adding more fuel into the never ending fire. The reason for this being, is the fact that even though they touch basis on some of their political views, it seems to me that one truly wants change with regards to the lives of the citizens of the United States and the other one, wants change based on different terms thus wants and yearns for power (as what her husband had had in the past). Even though Obama is on the other end of the spectrum when it comes to George Bush and Dick Chaney, the sense of security for this nation would be at great lose if Clinton was to become VP...on the stance of McCain, no way! First of all, sure he might appeal to some blue collared Americans as does Clinton, However, he holds different views on the majority of issues that Obama does. Just by this reason alone, he would not be able to fit the VP chair. I honestly think, that in order for America and other countries of the world to feel safe again, Obama needs to elect someone like himself who shares the same values and opinions on every topic to be VP. By doing so, he would save himself the trouble in the future. We don't want another Bush, and even though America is ready for a change, they aren't 200% ready for a female to run this country.

Jade
    Toronto Ont.

June 4, 2008 at 10:57 am |
  28. Scott Baclawski

This is the inaugural Letter of the "Don't pick Her, Pick Him" campaign.

This is a campaign to send a message to Democratic Presidential Nominee Barack Obama in the effort to impact his Vice Presidential Choise.

The "Don't pick Her, Pick Him" campaign is centered on the premise that Senator Hillary Clinton should NOT be Democratic Presidential Nominee Barack Obama's choise for Vice President.

Instead, Democratic Presidential Nominee Barack Obama's choise for Vice President should be
    Former President William Jefferson Clinton.

Please stay tuned for updates concerning this Campaign.

June 4, 2008 at 10:46 am |
  29. Kent Fitzsimmons,Illinois

They would have to give Bill some job in the cabinet or something to keep him preoccupied. He could be helpful........if they could tame him down a bit. I've been behind Obama the entire time but cannot look past Hillary's abilities. McCain is reinventing himself........He is being totally led by others and I didn't even recognize the new evil version I saw in him yesterday.........it's shocking and scary really. Dr. Evil lol..............

Today, Obama and Hillary meet in NY. We have to wait and see......

June 4, 2008 at 10:44 am |
  30. John Morris

I dont think Obama should pick Hillary for a running mate. She has showed what kind of crap that she can start. I think she would use the next four years to sabotage Obama, and then tell the public(I told you so!).

John-Texas

June 4, 2008 at 10:40 am |
  31. Bev, Los Angeles, California

A MESSAGE TO HILLARYCLINTON.COM SENT THIS MORNING:

Please stop this! I am not proud of you today. I'm a 64 year old white women who was very active in the women's movement and I"m ashamed of you. Obama won and you did not even have the courtesy to congratulate the first African American nominee! I cannot accept you on the ticket after the way you acted. As gracious as Obama was to you, you slapped him and his supporters in the face. Grow up and maybe you can be a part of his administration or on the Supreme Court. But first, you had better come out strong for him or you and Bill will not have a legacy at all. Come on Hillary, you should be better than that!

June 4, 2008 at 10:30 am |
  32. Annie Kate

Barclay

Yes Obama made history last night as the first African American to receive the nomination for President. Yet, Hillary also made history even though she fell just short of the nomination – she is the first woman to ever get as close as she did to being nominated for President. Why should we forget that? While I know many don't like the Clintons its still an accomplishment for women and we should take pride in it even as we move forward to elect the next President.

I hope that 360 will do something besides politics for a while – I am so burned out on politics and I would love to know what is happening in the rest of the world. Since the candidates are taking somewhat of a breather can we please have one too??

Annie Kate
    Birmingham AL

June 4, 2008 at 10:27 am |
  33. Ricky GA smyrna

Obama has proven once again that he will take the HIGH road and the nation saw a clear difference in our candidates last night during back to back to back speeches, I wish that McCain and Hillary could have done the same on this HISTORIC DAY for all of our candidates and our nation instead of the need to feed in to the negative polarizing politics that the media has played over and over and over and politician feed to the weak minded, but it just goes to show you that it’s a clear case old school V.S. the new generation of voters. America is "TIRED" it’s time for a new road to be paved and AMERICA in all its colors can see threw all of the negative politics...and if McCain’s not careful it will come back to bite him in the ass just like it did Hillary...

June 4, 2008 at 10:26 am |
  34. John, Saugus CA

If she is like this now, what is she going to be like when she is Vice President? I would dump her, Obama will win over the Democrats that say they will vote for McCain, deep down inside they do not want another four years of McBush.

June 4, 2008 at 10:22 am |
  35. cassie

This is very, very sad. All the pundits on CNN were vicious to Hillary Clinton last night. Throughout the campaign the race issue was denied yet Suzanne Mulveaux admonished Hillary by saying that she was disrespecting all the old black folks watching at home who would construe her behaviour as non accepting. Hillary and her husband did more for those same old black folks than anyone on earth, yet when it is her time for standing up as a woman the pundits, the superdelegates, the DNC and the old black folks chose to see Hillary supporters as "invisible". Perhaps the women can compromise, after all is that not all they have been doing throughout history? Say goodbye to your daughters indeed. Leave them to their own minds. You have not served them. Perhaps Suzanne and Donna would have learnt to have their own minds had Hillary been the nominee. Goodbye Suzanne, Goodbye Donna et al. Your'e on the bus. What you see is what you believe.

How many moderaters are women?

June 4, 2008 at 10:21 am |
  36. John

Obama should not pick Hillary as VP. She is making every attempt to bully her way into the job. She did all she could last night to steal attention away from a historic event in US history. It's clear she won't play second fiddle to anyone.

She should be given a roll in the White House to focus on getting a Universal Health Care plan in place and nothing more.

She is not the "change" Obama wants and should not be bullied into making her the VP.

June 4, 2008 at 10:18 am |
  37. Maureen Mather

I am a 66 year old long-time feminist, and am I the only one who finds Hillary Clinton's behavior in defeat a very negative reflection on women? Can anyone imagine the loser in Game Seven at a World Series going back into the locker room and refusing to "concede" to the winning team? Picture this: The manager saying to the press: "We played an incredible series, and we need a few days to adjust to this loss. You have to allow us time to adjust." Oh, and then trumpeting how his/her team actually played so much better in every way than the eventual winner. I am all for fight and tenacity, but this is just ridiculous! Bob Johnson says that Barack Obama needs to choose a running mate to "help him govern." That is not the role of the vice-president. Can anyone seriously see either Hillary or Bill playing a supporting role to President Obama? They would spend all their time and considerable energy trying to stay at center stage. David Gergen was exactly correct when he said last night that she was talking as though she was working to create a "co-presidency," a "coalition" government. That isn't the way our government was created – not even for the Clintons. The very fact that the Clintons are demanding that Barack Obama concede to their demands is incredible in itself!

June 4, 2008 at 10:17 am |
  38. Maia Louro

I think that Hillary Clinton should run as an independent candidate. If she does this, she will suprise everyone and win the Presidential Race.

Best Regards

June 4, 2008 at 10:16 am |
  39. Albert Ft Lauderdale

I will not vote for a ticket that does not include Hillary. He has fought for it and she is still our strongest leader. Hillary represents millions of americans. Nobody else deserves that right to be in the ticket. And this is not just my opinion; but the one that I hear from a lot of people in Florida.

June 4, 2008 at 10:15 am |
  40. Sallye

I was surprised that my effort to add a compassionate, respectful message to Hillary's webpage that it was time to mourn and acknowledge defeat was not posted.

Apparently her request for feedback was meant only for those urging her to act as if she has not lost.

I find it impossible to believe that Hillary would accept being second fiddle as the Vice President. As she comported herself on the eve of her defeat - by making the day all about her - I think she would try to morph the Vice Presidency into her idiosyncratic version of a co-Presidency. A co-Presidency where she gets first dibs on all decisions, because, in her mind she is the one who should be President.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't see anything in this put-Hillary-in-power scenario that says anything about tackling our country's problems. It is not about what Hillary wants.

June 4, 2008 at 10:10 am |
  41. clynn

Hillary go away! Does the ever ready bunny have a turn off switch?

June 4, 2008 at 10:09 am |
  42. Cecil Jones

Shame on Hillary and BET's CEO Bob Johnson. For anyone to try and force Barack Obama's hand into selecting a VP before it's time is a political crime. Obama's selection will be essential to countering the effect of the Republican strategy. Hillary offers nothing on foreign policy or national security. Hillary is like putting a bandaid on a broken bone. The bone will only heal with time. Obama must wait for McCain's announcement and counter that selection properly. If McCain offers a woman, then I'd counter with Hillary. If McCain counters with "The American Hero Ticket", then I'd look to Sen. Joe Biden. We may need "A noun, verb, and 9-11 again." Biden's stature in the Senate and the Party could calm any uproar about Hillary. This broken bone in the Democratic Party is a self-inflicted wound. I didn't even calculate the "Bill Effect." They may not be vetted.

June 4, 2008 at 10:07 am |
  43. Ida L

Anderson, I am a fan of your show and watch the election coverage at CNN. I usually appreciate Jeffrey Toobin's comments and intellect. I have to admit that i was very turned off my two of his comments regarding John McCain's sppeech and Hillary Clinton's narcisism. While he felt it, the way he conveyed it was distasteful. He could have made his comments clear in another way. It was unfortunate for him. Please convey this to him as it does a diservice to him and the network.

June 4, 2008 at 10:07 am |
  44. SC Gal

This was not a "land slide"
    Obama needs Clinton.
    Clinton doesn't need Obama.

June 4, 2008 at 10:07 am |
  45. SC Gal

I Love the Clintons! They are the best.

I am old enough to remember the state of America when they were in office. This post is a bunch of ‘kids” blogging as if they are voting for "American Idol" They have no idea what's going on.

For anyone to even suggest that the Clintons aren't the best to straighten this country out shows their ignorance. The older generation knows what's going on.

This was the worst media coverage I have ever seen in primary election history.

The hateful remarks on TV and the radio about President Clinton, Senator Clinton and Chelsea were outrageous. I have never seen such cruel remarks on blogs and on radio either.

The worst of the coverage was when the media was accusing President Clinton to be a racist. It is a sad America to hear that from anyone in the media.

President Clinton didn’t deserve it. He could have had his office on Fifth Avenue overlooking Central Park but chose to be in in Harlem NY to keep fighting for their rights.

President Clinton so loved the poor and the oppressed African Americans. He has fought his whole life along with Senator Clinton to have their voices heard.For any black American to bad mouth President Clinton for that reason alone, is a disgrace.

I am saddened by the Democratic Party, the media and have felt the pain of all the Clintons as they have had to endure the spin of the media.

I myself have decided to leave the party since they didn’t stand up for Michigan and Florida voters. That is the only reason that Obama won the nomination.

I am hoping Senator Clinton would continue fighting for these “silenced” Americans regardless of the outcome.

Personally, if I were Senator Clinton, I would fight to the end and then leave the party altogether.

June 4, 2008 at 10:04 am |
  46. Jamie

I had chills running through my body as he took the stage last night. I was overwhelmed with emotions to know that he made it without having to lower his standards. He took several hits below the belt and I am sure that he will have to endure much more, but we should be in his corner every step of the way and not allow all the negative to define us (democrats). However, I don't think that Hillary would be a good choice for him simply because I think she's too arrogant and Bill will want to have to much input, no that would not neccessarily be a bad thing, but he's had his turn. It really upsets me, as an African American female in her late thirties, to see her behave in such a way. He won it fair and he should be given his due. Had the tables been turned and she was in his spot, she would definitely had expected him to quit. I say get over and let's move forward so that we can win in November. It's history that Barack and Hillary made but it's deeper than the color of his skin or her gender. It's about making this country a better place for all AMERICANS

June 4, 2008 at 10:03 am |
  47. Brent Beale

After the long and bitter primary and the snub Hillary him gave at last nights nonconcession speach I would hope Sen. Obama would pick anyone other then her. She represents old politics and the nation is looking for change. It's time Sen. Obama showed his presidential qualities and picked his own running mate who would not be bringing any baggage (Bill) and worry about looking over his shoulder at what she's trying to do to undercut him. Brent in Ohio

June 4, 2008 at 10:02 am |
  48. Deb n Texas

Hillary created the divide in the Democratic Party and she is the one to clean up HER MESS. She convince an ignorant class of people that she cares about them more that Obama does. It worked and now she needs to clean up the mess. If Obama chooses Hillary as a running mate – I will choose a running mate to run from him.

June 4, 2008 at 9:54 am |
  49. Dee, New York

Dream ticket? More like a nightmare. The Ticket would in reality be a triumvirate including one loose cannon. No thank you. I would love to vote for Obama, but not if She is on the ticket.

June 4, 2008 at 9:52 am |
  50. Cindy

Honestly Barclay, I am extremely tired of nothing but politics on 360 if you want my honest opinion! I hope that we can get a break from it until the conventions. PLEASE give us a break!

Saying that I will add my two cents about Hillary and Obama....

I don't think that Obama will even consider Hillary for his VP. There is too much hate there. The only way he'll even consider her is because he is forced to because he can't win over her voters and he can't get the votes needed from groups of people that she has in her back pocket. If he could get these voters without having her on his team he would totally ignore her. I don't see the supposed "dream team" ever happening.

And as far as the general election goes I think there will be a lot of mud slinging going back and forth. They may say this will be a clean race but I don't believe it at all!

And I hope that the media will be fair to both and not biased again like they were with Hillary. That is so uncalled for. And yes...even 360 was biased. I saw that and I am not even a Hillary or Obama supporter. So all of you leave your opinions at the door when you come to work and just give us the facts. We are smart enough to make up our own minds.

Cindy...Ga.