June 4th, 2008

Morning Buzz

Morning folks...

IT is OVER!!!! AND last night Barack Obama claimed VICTORY and at the same time made HISTORY. In less than a year, Barack Obama has gone from being a virtually unknown first-term U.S. senator to the projected Democratic presidential nominee. AND what a ride it has been....Obama is the first African-American to EVER headline the ticket of a major political party...I guess we all knew that history would be made in this primary election, either a WOMAN would get the nomination or an African-American...BUT now ALL the votes are in and Barack Obama will take on John McCain in the general election...LET THE GAMES begin...

Obama begins his day Washington DC and then holds a democratic unity rally in New York City tonight, but the big question is whether Hillary Clinton will attend...She did NOT concede last night...she vowed to fight on. What does Hillary Clinton's future hold? It is anyones guess...Many of her supporters are urging Obama to make her the Vice President. Can these two come together and unify the democratic party? Can Obama win the general election without her support and her voters? She still believes she is the stronger candidate and that Barack Obama CANNOT win without her...Sooo ONLY time will tell..

We will have all the latest politcal news tonight, the analysis, what a Obama-McCain match up will look like  and HOPEFULLY some answers to what Hillary Clinton will do...

Filed under: The Buzz
  1. Naveen

Obama won a great contest, but he has a tough decision to make ahead, whether to accept a very strong-headed personality like Hillary. She can help him bring states like OH, PA in Nov, but is Obama willing to have Hillary (and also Bill) by his side, to run the country, after such a hostile nomination contest

June 4, 2008 at 2:03 pm |
  2. Herbert J. Riley

Today the world woke up and saw America though new eyes . They saw not only America's superior military might. They saw not only America's rightful leadership in the global war against terrorism. They saw the world's most power nation nominate a Black man with a funny sounding name (although that man is as much kin to the White as he is to the Black) to be the democratic nominee for President of the United States. The world that has demeaned and demonized America is in a state of "shock and awe". The nations of the world are compelled to see the American people and system through awestruck and admirable eyes for they see the proof that although there may be social, economic, racial, and historical problems in this great nation, the American system works in it's own time. It doesn't matter whether you are Republican, Democrat, or other. It doesn't matter if you support Obama or McCain, Huckelbee, or Hillary. What does matter is that you are a member of the greatest nation on earth. You are an American and to paraphrase another American with a funny sounding name, today America "Shook Up The World"
    --Herbert J. Riley
    --Myrtle Beach SC

June 4, 2008 at 1:57 pm |
  3. Michelle

Okay explain something to me . Why is the media still
    clueless? You all just don't seam to get it. Why are there
    so many posts with regards to Hillary Clinton?

I am starting to wonder if tv news understands this
    historic moment for America. Because you guys think
    we care about Hillary's next move.

Why is her picture on what is coming up on the program
    tonight when she did not win the nomination. I am starting
    to wonder if CNN gets it.

June 4, 2008 at 1:32 pm |
  4. Christine

I can not believe the worship of Obama. When the country falls to wreck and ruin please remember that you all picked to wrong person. Me, I am going for McCain even if Hillary is on the ticket or supports Obama. The Democratic party proved they do not want strong leadership and only wants headlines. Watch the fallout, it will be beautiful.

June 4, 2008 at 1:25 pm |
  5. Janet

I am an American spending the summer in Kenya. Tonight I watched the news of Obama's nomination with a restaurant full of Kenyan men and women. His win was the lead story – schoolchildren dancing, people smiling. The Kenyan people are very excited about this news and have been following his campaign closely. I met a woman yesterday wearing an "Obama for President" button. There is excitement in the air here – and it's an interesting place for this American to be right now!

June 4, 2008 at 1:08 pm |
  6. Tita

P.S.
    And no, Hillary should not be VP. Obama needs someone who can and
    has faught in a war, shot a gun, and has military history, um, I think that's
    Webb of Virginia (?). T.

June 4, 2008 at 12:32 pm |
  7. Tita

"It's over!"

Well, you'd better tell that to the Hillary supporters. I think it's a bitter pill for them to swallow. It takes time to get over it. I remember when I supported another candidate, Wesley Clark, and Kerry got the nod instead. I was heartbroken, and yah, I voted for Kerry, but there was
    no "love", just a powerful urge to get Bush out. Give the Clinton's time,
    they'll come around, but it won't ever be 'love', it will be duty that will make them vote Obama. And duty calls now.
    KInd Regards,
    Tita
    Oregon

June 4, 2008 at 12:30 pm |
  8. Debbie, NJ

Who cares what Hillary wants. Obama should put her on the VP list like anybody else he may be considering. What has to be done is what's best for this country and the Dem. party, not what Hillary wants. I'm sick of the media, the delegates and the DNC treating her like somehow she deserves to be the nominee. She worked at it and not as hard as Obama I might add since he had to fight Hillary and McCain, overcome Rev Wright, Ayers, being muslim, etc..and everybody kept quiet about her baggage. How can she be VP when Bill goes against what Obama believes in. While she's VP BIll will be working to keep NAFTA going. She has no respect for Obama as the nominee, she will have no respect for him as President. Just like everyone said that she would beat him and she didn't , now everyone is saying that he can't win without her. I disagree. If Obama's popular vote without MI, 17,869,542, plus the real Dems who supported Hillary (I'll say half) vote for Obama, he has a real chance of winning against McCain.

June 4, 2008 at 12:18 pm |
  9. Kate

Hillary Clinton really lost me last night. I am a 58 year old white woman. With all of the experience she talks about having, did she not learn yet how to be gracious and congratulate someone who just made history!!!! How can Obama possibly entertain having Hillary as a running mate when she has shown NO support for him as a person or him as a candidate. She has to prove that she is someone who will support the next president of the United States, Obama!!...without regard to white woman followers. This is going to take some time to prove to me that she is suitable for the VP spot. So, stop asking about the dream ticket for now. I need time to figure out if she is working for this country or if she is working for her own self promotion.

June 4, 2008 at 11:57 am |
  10. Lillian

I have never been so embarrassed to be a life-long democrat as I am right now. I do not believe that the Democratic Party has been fair to Hillary re: the votes in Michigan and Florida. Obama was not even on the ticket for crying out loud!, and he got the votes in Michigan! How in God's world did this ever become such a manipulated race? Hmmm, reminds me of the 2004 race when Al Gore won the popular vote and Old W won the election. Why ? Because his Daddy bought the election for him like he bought him the oil business agreements with the Saudis and, most every other thing that he has done in his life.
    George W needs to be exiled from the US for making such a mess of the economy and causing people to lose everything they have worked so hard for all their lives.
    I say that Hillary needs to drop the Dems and run as an Independent and I can assure you that the 18 million who supported her in this race will vote for her and not Obama.
    It would be okay with me if I though for one minute that people were voting for Obama because he is the best candidate, but they are not; they are voting for him because he is black.

June 4, 2008 at 11:56 am |
  11. Teresa

It's odd, isnt it? Everyone said race didnt play a role in this election, covert racists that the USA is, and yet, here we are claiming HISTORY was made with an African-American nominee.

When was it decided that the bi-racial nominee was indeed full blooded African-American? Just trying to keep it all honest, here.
    Barrack is BI-RACIAL And that in itself is a WONDERFUL headliner to have as an historical event! Being of two bloods: diversity at its finest.

I have a little prediction: the church Obama FINALLY decides to attend will be Muslim affiliated.

June 4, 2008 at 11:13 am |
  12. Michael, NC

Hillary "vows to fight on"? Umm...I thought last night made it official...she lost. I don't know how she is going to continue to fight. It is time for her to drop the hostile defense mindset and swallow her pride.
    I am a McCain supporter, and I know that an Obama/Hillary ticket would be quite the combination to overcome.I just wish she would open her eyes and see the right action, then do it.

June 4, 2008 at 11:10 am |
  13. Kent Fitzsimmons,Illinois

I think maybe their was a pod plant growing in McCain's backyard and he has been replaced with a clone............an evil version of McCain.

Bush met McCain in closed quarters last week in what was termed a "fundraising" meeting. I don't think so.............I think they met to discuss how they were going to create a smear campaign against Obama.

This new and unimproved Dr. Evil McCain is scary..........and Obama may need some help to discredit the Republican fear machine that is about to storm onto this country...................

June 4, 2008 at 11:03 am |
  14. Dr. Calvin Lott, Jr.

WHY does everyone beleive that Clinton has so many backers that would affect the outcome of the General Election. We all know that Republican groups have admitted that they have mobilized groups of republicans to vote for her in the Primaries. All of those votes that she received were not just democrats who would have voted for her in the General Election. You can beleive that the oppoisite is more so true for Obama. It seems that Mr. Pfleger was RIGHT: HILARY CLINTON BELEIVES THAT she is ENTITLED to SOMETHING!

June 4, 2008 at 10:27 am |
  15. Bernard Jason-Njoroge

Mr. Cooper,

I just wanted to congratulate you sir and your team, i stayed all night up watching the debate , being a Kenyan residing and working in The Netherlands, I feel very proud that Mr. Obama has made it this far and may get the chance to lead a nation as great as the USA.
    and to you Mr.Cooper keep up the good work of indepth news reporting I really enjoy your show. God bless

June 4, 2008 at 10:13 am |
  16. Albert Ft Lauderdale

Hillary must be in the ticket. It is not just about Hillary; but about all the millions of supporters behind her. We are waiting for Sen. Obama to take this step now. It is up ti him now to do the right thing to bring the party together and secure that the Democratic Party goes unified to the elections in November. The ball is on his field.

June 4, 2008 at 10:09 am |
  17. Michael Kingery

The just completed primary, as far as I'm concerned, did nothing to reduce the general feeling of mistrust of the Clintons. Her constant claims of experience from Bills Presidency cuts both ways. People remember all too well that time period. Consequently, I would be surprised if Obama will get involved with the Clintons for his Presidency. Hillary alone? Maybe, but husband Bill would be a constant problem if his wife is VP.

June 4, 2008 at 10:06 am |
  18. Deb n Texas

It was Hillary's primary goal to damage Obama during this campaign, now she needs to figure out what she is going to do. Obama doesn't owe her a damn thing. She invested money into a campaign that she knew she couldn't win and through the kitchen sink at him – he doesn't owe her a thing. The only thing I would pay for if I was Obama would be her plane ticket to New York. If he chooses her for a running mate – I am going to choose my running mate away from him.

June 4, 2008 at 9:58 am |
  19. Jeannie

I am very disappointment with the panel at CNN. Every day for the past six months, the majority of your panel has been against Hilary Clinton. CNN should be fair to all the candidates and should have a equal amount of panelists that are for each candidate. Last night was terrible. Your panelists tore away at Hilary for not ending it last night. Why should she? The people of the US has voted and she got the majority of the popular votes. Remember, that your panelists are just offering their opinions. Well...I think you need to find some panelists that have different opinions. Their bias should be left at home. It makes me wonder if CNN does this on purpuse because she is a WOMAN.

June 4, 2008 at 9:56 am |
  20. Maria

You people will never get why until the very last primaries, Hillary still managed a win in SD even if everyone said it was over. Her supporters LOVE HER. Her speech last night was not about her, it was about the millions of voters who voted for a fighter! We do congratulate Obama for a well run campaign and brilliant tactics to win more delegates and clinch the nomination. But here's news to the rest of you, more people voted for her! We worked hard and voted hard for her, so we need a couple of days to "mourn" if you will. In the end, I am confident that she will "bow" out but it should be in her own terms! She deserves that-we deserve that!

June 4, 2008 at 9:41 am |
  21. janie allen

i'm crying this is very historic moment and it feels so good to be part of history. i will be in washington for the inaguaration and i know i probably won't be one of rhe lucky ones to be able to go inside the building while history is being made again but i will be outside standing wherever its allowed and i hope they will be video everything that is going on on the inside ..on the outside so everyone on outside can see. god bless america we are getting back on the right track again. and bring our people home from this war.

June 4, 2008 at 9:37 am |
  22. janie allen

god bless you president obama and may god give you the acknowledge that is needed to pick you a group a people that will help you do the best job that you can possibly do. it will take time to undo the damage that this current admistration has done, but with the help of his admistration and the voice of all the people we can turn this around .....i am going to stand behind you president obama because i believe you will stand up for me..

June 4, 2008 at 9:31 am |
  23. Nancy Wolfe

I watch CNN all the time. I feel like I'm part of the news team family.
    Two comments from guests on your show that I have heard in the last two weeks, the latest being this morning, is that if Hilary Clinton becomes VP a food taster should be hired in the White House. I find that highly inflammatory and threating. If someone made that comment about me and my family, I would sue them. How do people get away with making such threating statements? Do they really think that the Clinton family would poison the President of the United States? That statement is a serious defamation of character. Are you not able to respond to that statement as to being improper or do you just allow your guests to speak unlawfully on the nations most viewed TV station in the world?

June 4, 2008 at 9:29 am |
  24. Vicky of IL

Happy Belated Birthday to Anderson and I remember when you were first on CNN...your mother brought you a cake...hope she is well. Most Independent voter will now weigh their options. We do not have a "party" alliance and now look forward to equal coverage of all candidates. Looks like there will be some new political analysis on CNN since this part is over???? Hope so.

June 4, 2008 at 9:25 am |
  25. Nadene

I really have a bad feeling about Obama/Hillary ticket with Obama at the top of the ticket because I think that with her ego Hillary would still think she's running for president and not vice-president. I also think that because their policies and personalities differ so much that it would be a constant battle between the two of them because Hillary does not know the meaning of compromise. It's her way or the highway. But, then again, democracy is always messy.

June 4, 2008 at 9:20 am |
  26. wanda

Anderson...let me get this straight, watching you, Suzanne,Gloria, David, and that always fair guy Jeffrey and Donna....you all had a problem with Hillary Clinton's speech last night....SHOCKER, reporters, journalists and pundits who didn' t like anything HIllary said....SHOCKER, I TELL you SHOCKER.......enough with the sarcasim, did it ever occur to you genuises that maybe she had loose ends to tie up and to wait a day or two? SHE CAN do what ever in the hell she wants too, she earned and she derserves it..as a supporter I found her speech just great..I'll also add, as a supporter I hope she isn't his VP let him win or lose on his own, America will see besides giving HIS GREAT speeches that will never change the fact this guy has no experience, no resume, and no accomplishments. THIS IS WHY a lot of sWILL VOTE MC CAIN in the end, I AM.

June 4, 2008 at 9:08 am |
  27. Susan - North Haven, CT

At 50 years old, for the first time in my life, this morning I am ashamed to say that I am a Democrat.
    At a time when our country needs a President who can clean up Bush's mess and restore America's status in the world, my party decided to turn this nomination process into a contest between a woman and an African American. THIS IS NOT A GAME. It's embarrassing.
    Qualifications, knowledge and experience have been ignored. Many of us have an image in our minds that clearly visualizes our ideals of how we would like our country to be. This is great.. but visualizing it and having the qualifications, knowledge and experience to get it done are TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS. In all these months, I have get to hear Obama explain HOW he's going to turn his visions into reality. It's dangerous.
    The debates between Obama and McCain will be catastrophic as we all sit back and watch the Republican candidate peel away Obama's inspirational layers one by one, exposing his total inability to run this country. The time has arrived when Obama has to finally prove who he really is... It's won't be good.
    Personally, I don't know if taking Hillary Clinton as his VP will be enough for Obama to win the election – one thing is certain though – HE WON'T WIN WITHOUT HER. Obama certainly needs her experience and knowledge, but unfortunately she can't take his place in debates with McCain. It's a mess.
    This is what happens when nobody, INCLUDING THE MEDIA, asks the tough questions about the candidates. Barack Obama has been romanced on a level that I have never witnessed before. Nobody cared whether or not he can do the job – nobody knows "who he is" or "what he's really made of" – nobody asked. He won this nomination on hype and the votes of Republicans who crossed party lines when they could in the primaries to insure his nomination because they all know McCain can take him out. Clinton was McCain's threat – not Barack – and that will be made very clear, very quickly as we move towards November.
    Dems blew it.
    McCain will be the next President.
    What a shame.

June 4, 2008 at 9:06 am |
  28. Michael Rowland - Switzerland

"It's the money Stupid"

If Clinton had conceded last night her fundraising would have dried up more quickly than Bill Clinton's temper flares. She has an 11 million bill at the least and where I come from that is real money.

Also her female base would be left totally disgruntled causing more of a rift in the parties quest for the White House.

The smart Statagy now would be for Hillary to wait a day or two, concede in the Camera Spotlights, magnanamously edorse Obama knowing that she will be on the ticket and leave him some time to reflect and consider "other candidates" with a finalé that shows he was not pressed into the pick and gain another two hours of free TV exposure. He cannot be accused of being weak by the McCain camp and he will gain one of the best campaigners he could hope for

When the Dust settles Bill will be gone from the picture back to his foundation leaving them the giant task of fixing 8 years of waste.

Perhaps when this is all over I will no longer have to explain to my friends why Americans are decent hardworking people.

Michael Rowland
    Fribourg Switzerland

June 4, 2008 at 9:03 am |
  29. KAB

We may think "IT is OVER!" but it seems it is just beginning. The primaries were just the appetizer. The feast is yet to come.

June 4, 2008 at 8:59 am |
  30. cloaknbadger

Are you sure about this being over? I half expect to see Hillary Clinton sneaking up behind podium on Inauguration Day accompanied by a suspenseful musical score.

A well fought primary season from all parties!

June 4, 2008 at 8:56 am |
  31. G. Hudson

Anderson,

Love your show...please..please...post my "memo" to Sen. Clinton and her supporters....Thanks...

Sen. Clinton..I think you need to be respectful and acknowledge that you are no longer in the running for president, and acknowledge support to Democratic Nominee Sen. Obama. Your stubborness, and lack of deference for Obama, is what has gotten you in the place that you are in now, and that is a distant second place finish. You and your husband has lost my respect, and this campaign, in my opinion was your finest moment, for you will never reach the pinnacle of political power within the Democratic party ever again. Your not supporting Sen. Obama, and Pollyanna-ish outlook for your future in this presidential race was both sad and humorous. Show some class and join alliance with Sen. Obama and the rest of the Democratic Party. You exude this.."If-I-can't-win-I-will pretend-that-Sen.Obama-does-not-exist" type of mentality is ludicrous. Save the little dignity that you have and re-align your ideology for the good of the party. Remember Pride goeth before a fall, but you seem to think you will be alright once you hit bottom. Please use the parachute of Respect and Integrity, and your landing will be a soft one. The fat lady has sung..the buzzer in the fourth quarter has sounded off.. It is time to pack up on move to higher ground.

June 4, 2008 at 8:56 am |
  32. Cindy

I thought that it was very funny that every one was so shocked that Hillary didn't concede last night. I knew that she wouldn't!! So why was everyone else so shocked!? I think she'll make her decision on what to do soon enough but she didn't have to do anything last night. It is her decision to when she wants to do that not the pundits, CNN's or anyone else's.

And I don't see Obama asking her to be the VP unless he has to to bring the party back together. And honestly he may have to because he can't win over the people that he really needs to win while she has them in her back pocket. So I guess we will see on that also.

Now I guess it is time for the mud slinging to begin between Obama and McCain. I just hope that CNN isn't as biased towards McCain as they were to Hillary. If so I'll be watching some other channel. I am over the biased mess.

And someone please explain to Anderson what being someone's "boo" means. I can't believe he didn't know what that meant!

Cindy....Ga.

June 4, 2008 at 8:47 am |
  33. Patricia- Indiana

Although I'm proud of the fact a woman managed to run so well in a political campaign, I'm also quite disturbed by Hillary's lack of willingness to unite the party she so feverishly claims to serve. Last night Hillary had a golden opportunity to rise honorably above the arrogance, and show her commitment to the party by accepting the end results with pride and dignity. Last night he proved, yet again, that he is more then capable of serving this country. On the contrary, Hillary further proved she will not be a good choice for VP.

June 4, 2008 at 8:43 am |
  34. Robert Glenn

Wow. If there were any doubt that HRC richly deserved the B-word next to her name, last night's non-concession speech clinched it for me. This is the way she demonstrates her desire to unify the Democratic Party? What alternative universe is she inhabiting? Your panel said it best last night...by her silly posturing for so-called "leverage", she and her grandstanding husband have made it harder, not easier, for Barack to embrace them, and thereby forfeited whatever right they may have had to claim the mantel of party senior leadership. Talk about poor losers!

June 4, 2008 at 8:36 am |
  35. seanj

I watched Hillary Clinton's speech last night and one things struck me as being particularly poignant . . . she was trying to make a case that she's fighting on for the 18+ million people who voted for her because of the issues they represent. She listed many of these issues and the bottom line is that Clinton's position on these issues is nearly identical to Obama's positions on these same issues. In other words, Clinton is not battling on for this issue or that issue; rather, she's fighting on for herself. That's a sad commentary on this competition that is now ended, but that will continue to garner headline after headline for the foreseeable future.

June 4, 2008 at 8:35 am |
  36. Lisette Chicago, IL

In McCain's speech, what does "bottled hot water for dehydrated babies" mean?

June 4, 2008 at 8:30 am |
  37. Michelle

Maybe tv news will finally get it. Obama has started a movement that
    is changing politics in America. Last night there were Obama parties
    and community organizing all across America. The world of news
    talking heads is clueless and journalists as well. The world we
    live in now is very different than 4 years ago or even 2 years ago.

On 360 you are have a segment called digging deeper,
    you guys need to get subterranean really quick because
    no one talks politics the way you cover it over the airwaves.

The old way of covering politics will not capture the changing
    tide in this country. Since this is such an historic election, millions
    of Americans who are turned off by news coverage of politics will
    be tuning in on CNN, Please do not offer viewers a narrow spectrum
    of coverage. One thing to remember is that millions of Obama
    supporters only have cell phones and can not be polled.

i also think there is the false perception that HRC is calling
    the shots. Reality check. Not. HRC is so yesterday. Also,
    the are times when I hear people on CNN boasting about
    how well McCain is polling. But no one ever asks : Why is
    a senator new to the national political stage polling so well
    against a nationally known political figure who as been
    around for decades ? Hint while tv news was sleeping
    Obama topped HRC, once dubbed the front-runner lost.
    Also, I hope CNN is responsible and does not permit racist
    comments to be posted. CBS has already taking this action.
    I hope all news organizations do the same. It has no place
    on news blogs.

June 4, 2008 at 8:04 am |
  38. Akili Omari

I hope Obama doesn't choose her as a running mate. She is bitter that she lost and all we'd hear over and over is how she won more votes than anyone in history, blah blah blah. He should offer her Secretary of State or something.

June 4, 2008 at 7:51 am |
  39. Julie Wise

Last night Senator Clinton asked for people to write in to her campaign website, so I sent the note below to her today. By the way, I am a white woman.

"Please graciously concede and offer your unconditional support to Senator Obama!

Tuesday, June 3 was an epic day in our proud nation's history and you managed to sully it with your self-centered ambition.

Your campaign has appealed to the latent racism that still exists in nearly all Americans, reminding us of what color we are and where our old battlelines are drawn.
    Senator Obama appealed to the best in us – reminding us that we are Americans first.

You have embodied the victomhood that plagues so many women, focusing on perceived slights and rallying bitter, angry women to lash out.
    Senator Obama has transcended both race and gender with his call to all of us to find our best voice, our most altruistic motives and move forward together.

You ran a strong race, now show some dignity and magnanimity and support the Democratic nominee for President of the United States, Barack Obama."

June 4, 2008 at 7:51 am |
  40. Shirlene Schwab

I do not believe that Hillary should run as vp. I feel that her talents are needed either as Secretary of State or perhaps in a cabinet position where she can see through health coverage for America.

June 4, 2008 at 7:32 am |
  41. Kristen

Congrats to Obama, I was so proud of him and his campaign last night. He has truly worked hard to achieve all of this and yet last night he made it about us, the American people and what we have accomplished together. I think Hillary should have taken notes during his speech. Truly the right candidate has prevailed. Her speech was about her and her supporters. Give it a rest already; trying to strong arm Obama into asking Hillary to be VP is not the way to go. She is only proving that it must be her way or the highway. What does she plan on doing taking all 18 million of the people who voted for her and supporting McCain if Obama doesn’t give her the VP spot? Get real Hillary. I know you think you have some pull but not that much, you are not God herself. I truly hope Obama stands up and decides his VP for himself, because at the end of the day it’s his decision. I don’t think he wants Hillary and her former President husband Bill riding his coat tails during his presidency. Truly I believe they will try to be co presidents. The Clintons just don’t know how to take a back seat and the way Hillary is conducting her self by not acknowledging Obama as the winner proves it. This is only a taste of things to come with her as a VP.

June 4, 2008 at 7:32 am |
  42. Albert Ft lauderdale

Thr race for the Presidency is not over yet and we have November ahead. Not too much time for healing in the Democratic Party. Obama knows this and he understands he will need the millions of Hilarry's supporters to become the Presdient of hte United States of America.

Obama needs Hillary. Whoever sees it with arrogance..and claims Hillary not to be the other half ot the ticket, risks having the Democratic Party losing this historic opportunity. Obama must have Hillary in the ticket. Nobody elese deserves that right and it is the most conveniente for the Democratic Party in NOvember.

June 4, 2008 at 7:30 am |
  43. Missy

Obama should be able to select his own running mate.

If Clinton is the stronger candidate, then why did she not win the nomination? Obama can win the support of Clinton’s supporters if that is what she asked them to do. She is not doing that. Her arrogance and sense of entitlement to the White House is sickening.

June 4, 2008 at 7:26 am |
  44. Excluded Again

Amazing...giving credit for bringing in more voters single-handedly while brokering a deal that included taking away 4 delegates and ignoring the popular vote totals. Calling it "historic"? Priceless.

June 4, 2008 at 7:22 am |
  45. Bobbie

It's 3am following Election Night, Obama has won the Party's Nomination, the phone rings. . . . . she is asked will you concede, perhaps be gratious, congratulate him on his historical victory, offer your heartfelt support as promised during the campaign?
    "Hmmmmmmm – give me a week, I need to consult via e-mail with my supporters!"

It's a very good thing we don't have to worry about her answering that phone.

June 4, 2008 at 7:21 am |