June 3rd, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 6/3/08

Anderson Cooper is in the CNN Election Center tonight with the Best Political Team on Television.

The polls in South Dakota and Montana will be closed by 10p ET. Will Sen. Barack Obama be able to secure the Democratic nomination tonight? We'll hear from Sen. Obama and Sen. Clinton.

We've been seeing Obama looking more and more toward a likely general election matchup with John McCain, the presumptive GOP presidential nominee. How will that race shape up?

CNN Senior political analyst Bill Schneider will once again join the 360° live blog to answer some of your questions. Please be nice to him.

Be sure to check out our live web camera from the Election Center. The shot features a behind the scenes look at the set. We’ll turn the camera on at 945p ET and turn it off at 11p ET.
LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

We'll start posting comments at 10p ET and stop at 11p ET. Take a look at a post that may be helpful if you wonder why some comments get posted while others do not.
LINK TO COMMENTS POST

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Don

Game Over – Let the Man Roll Up His Sleeves – and GO to Work!

Don, WA

June 3, 2008 at 11:00 pm |
  2. Fitterjoe

Ms Clinton ,Please drop the Ego and unite the party . We still Have work to do . Obama live up to the promise of change .

June 3, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  3. Allen, Fl

I will keep this as Real as it gets. Obama will not Win unless Hilary is VP.

June 3, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  4. Kim

What a funny and great moment between Donna and Anderson just now. That's why I love watching AC360!! Have a good night everyone and congratulations to both Barack Oabma and Anderson 😉

June 3, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  5. Sherrianne White

Sen. Obama was so presidentiall, classy. elegant and gracious. Just what this country needs to get us together.

He never needs to wear a flag pin to know he loves this country.

What a night! What a man! What a future president !

Choose well those who are around you!

June 3, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  6. Jen in Mex.

Obama didn't just speak to the Democrats, or America. he spoke to the WORLD!!!

June 3, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  7. Veronna Ladd

Wake Up Media!

Your job is to report the news AS IT HAPPENS. When you crossed the line into telling us, the American people, what WILL happen next, you took yourselves out of the jobs you are hired to do, and, you are putting yourselves into a very embarrassing situation. Barrack Obama and Hillary Clinton are shattering the mold of "political campaigns as usual". If you smart journalists don't starting getting back to reporting the news as it happens instead of trying to tell the candidates what they should do next, you will just end up wiping egg off your faces while the rest of us turn away from your display of false influence that you all think you have over us. You know better than any of us, there are many choices for getting, sharing and commenting on news. As a former member of the news media, I strongly suggest you get back to what you are trained and paid to do – report the news, not try and mold the news.

June 3, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  8. Waymond Hicks

Barack Obama again rose above the history of the moment and exhibited presidential grace by putting aside politics, personal achievement and graciously extended the bridge of unity to the Clinton campaign. Clinton MUST take stock and quickly stand up and do what is best for America and the Democratic Party

June 3, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  9. MaryBeth

Bill Schneider, I think that HRC's speech was very disheartening. I hope that she comes to the realization that her time is over and now is the time to unite the party for November.

June 3, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  10. Lilibeth

Thanks for joining us, Mr. Bill Schneider. In answer to your question, I don’t know what to make of Hillary’s speech. I think she’s sort of in denial; can’t say I blame her. In the end, I hope she will reach out and work towards bringing the party together.

Happy Birthday again, Anderson! I hope you had a wonderful day!

Lilibeth
    Edmonds, Washington

June 3, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  11. William Vicens Jr

I am disappointed with CNN tonight. Barack did not mention or use race as a factor in his speech, so why out of all people, does CNN have to interview Jesse Jackson. What relevance does he have in any of this. There are more advantageous was to cover all the angles of this historic night.

June 3, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  12. jeanne

What a great night for this country. That being said, it is a shame that Hillary chose to make the comments that she did. She is the most devisive person in the democratic party at this moment. Obama cannot choose her for vp as long as she continues to spout her vitriol. We have a chance to truly make this country great again and she is so self centered that she cannot leave her ego behind. What a shame.

June 3, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  13. Claudia R., Atlanta

Change has come and has a long way to go but this is a great stride to the America, Americans believe we can be. As a first time voter I feel like I have made a difference in this primary season. The exciment of change needs to be maintained for true change to occur. Congratulations Senator Obama you are a symbol of the American Dream.

June 3, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  14. Sia Minnesota

Clinton's remarks was very powerful tonight. I hope the media will value it and let her be. I dont think the media should read too much into it. We need to heal the party, but with too much negativity from the CNN panel can do more harm than good. Lets give her a little time. Obama is not in a worry, he respected her decision tonight. give her the honor due to her.

June 3, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  15. Joe Bullins

Congratulation Barack Obama,

I was at the 75000 + Portland rally several weeks ago and I can honestly say that I have never seen Americans so fired up politically. Hillary ran a great campaign, whether we agree with each and every aspect of it, it matters not, what matters is that Barack Obama will win the nomination.

Likewise being a huge Barack Obama supporter I would hope that he consider Clinton as a running mate. However, not at the end of an 18 million inch knife. I just hope that we can finally resolve this and move on to beat McCain. I believe and have faith in the American people and I do think that Clinton supporters will support Obama despite their candidate not being the nominee. You just cannot justify not voting in the face of the possibly impending doom that is John McCain.

Washington and Oregon are with you Obama 08!!!

June 3, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  16. Sarah

I'm a Latina independent woman who has supported Obama from the beginning of this campaign. This was not easy for me because there was a woman in the race and I would have loved to have seen a woman elected to the highest office. I am so glad i was never persuaded to support her because she is a woman because she has proven to be selfish, a sore loser, and an extremely divisive person. Please, Obama, do not pick her as a VP. This would be terrible for your administration. This woman talks about public service but is only out for herself and her personal goals. Obama will bring us all together. You watch.

June 3, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  17. Joey Miller

Hey Anderson I will never vote Obama. I am hoping Hillary runs Independent. I think the race should go to who has the most votes. Hillary had the most votes in the end it is wrong that the party treats hillary like this after being in the party 20 years or more. I will vote mccain if she doesn't run as Independent.

June 3, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  18. Kim, Toronto

You are a class act, Barack. Your appreciation of others, from those that oppose you to the love of your grandmother, is a resounding signal of the maturity and wisdom many feared you lacked. While you shine as a beacon in these broken times, you are first to exalt the very people for whom your light gives hope and inspiration.

Well done tonight and through this race. You are living proof the high road reigns supreme.

June 3, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  19. Sarah

As usual, Hillary's speech was all about Hillary ("What does Hillary want?"), while Obama's was about our nation and what we as Americans want. How refreshing - a leader who proposes to lead, not a politician interested in more power for herself.

June 3, 2008 at 10:53 pm |