May 30th, 2008

The "New West"

Kalyn Free
Superdelegate supporting Sen. Obama
President of The Indigenous Democratic Network

On Tuesday, tribal voters in South Dakota and Montana have an historic opportunity to help secure the presidential nomination for Senator Barack Obama. This is an unprecedented election year for Indian Country. Senator Obama, as well as Senator Hillary Clinton, has been to Indian Country during this primary. I commend them both for putting tribal issues on their national platforms.

Indian voters have been more and more visible on the national landscape in the last two election cycles. 2008 will prove even more important as the "New West" will be a pivotal battleground for determining the presidency and the make-up of congress. In the "New West" tribal communities have concentrated populations and the ability to swing an election in favor of either party. In 2006, Senator Jon Tester of Montana beat incumbent Conrad Burns due to increased turn out on Indian reservations in Montana and in 2002, the Indian vote helped secure a victory for Senator Tim Johnson in South Dakota, who won by 524 votes.

Tribal voters also helped Brian Schweitzer win his bid for the Montana Governor's office. Montana has 10 American Indian voices in the state legislature – 3 Senators and 7 House members.

American Indians make up South Dakota's largest minority group, 8.5 percent of the population, and make up more than 6 percent of the Montana population.

In South Dakota, there are 3 tribal members in the state government – 2 Representatives and a Senator.

As a voting block, we are gaining more influence and in turn candidates are paying attention.

Indian people want the same things that everyone wants: better opportunities for their children, better schools, health care, a living wage, safe jobs and freedom from oppression and discrimination.

However, tribal voters also care about protecting their tribal sovereignty and the unique government-to-government relationship tribes have with the federal government.

Editor's note: Kalyn Free is an At-Large member of the DNC and superdelegate who recently endorsed Senator Obama for President. She is also president of INDN’s List, the only grassroots political organization devoted to recruiting and electing Native American candidates.

Filed under: Barack Obama • Hillary Clinton • Raw Politics
  1. James Dylan

In regard to racism. All human beings want to be proud of their heritage and it is that pride that creates this foolish conflict. One race declares pride and another says you can't have your pride because it comes at the expense of my pride. Example: A black man tells a white man your pride is false and hypocritical because of the way your "ghosts" treated my "ghosts." Your pride is devil like. And a great deal of guilt comes because of "ghosts." The white man tells the black man not only were your "ghosts" weak enough to become enslaved but also lacked the strength to free themselves. And in that you will forever be oppressed because that is the way your "ghosts" have chosen, hence you don't deserve pride either.

It is complete and utter foolishness to think any race alone can gain pride in history ("ghosts.") History brings too much shame to all races. Pride is only meant for individual accomplishments and most definitely not meant for gloating.

It seems that racism will always be with us. The human spirit craves pride and achieves it by comparing and contrasting itself to other things. So don't fight against it rather make it stronger. Make it human racism. It already exists, but, among foolish people, lacks the appropriate enemy to contrast against. Unless of course you are similar to me and see it in the fundamental Judeo-Christian-Muslim beliefs. Perhaps we shouldn't be so fearful of reading a little Nietzsche. But I'll warn you as he himself did. He did leave "snares for careless birds" as life itself obviously has.

June 2, 2008 at 2:27 am |
  2. Jim, MD

Anyone who blames the media for bias that may or not be there should redirect their frustration to the Constitution.

I'd like to quote and reply to this as well:

[Shannon McMurphy May 30th, 2008 8:12 pm ET]

"Too late, people are finding out about Obama. I blame the media, who didn’t focus on his failings until after most of the primaries were over.

Hope you Obama supporters feel like the idiots you are.

Oh, gee, I forgot. If I’m not for Obama, then I’m a racist."

Obama has not failed. Obama supporters are not going to feel like idiots when he wins the nomination. Such a remark should be reviewed under the pretense that it's possible you're just very bitter.

Clinton had all the name recognition and status she needed, and Obama came out of nowhere and derailed her. If you're going to call people idiots for supporting the winning candidate, you may as well call us republicans who voted for Bush. I can't imagine what you must think of the superdelegates who support him. Are you even a democrat?

Obama may weigh in on a decision that improves your very fortunate life. Consider the odds first that anything even exists, then the galaxy, solar system, planet, your own life, the internet, and freedom of speach. Be thankful, and rejoice.

June 2, 2008 at 1:05 am |
  3. Jenny

I will support the Democratic nominee in the general election.
    In my mind both Hilary and Obama from a policy standpoint are virtually the same candidate – and either will represent us well.

My concern is that while Obama has the ability to fill a stadium without breaking a sweat in any state – in any city, while Hilary only seems able to bring in a roomful of people at a time... but she still remains ahead in the popular vote... so there seems to be no CORRELATION between the size of crowd and the number of votes – or Barack would have a sweeping . As a democrat, this CONCERNS me going forward – and I'm puzzled why the press has not discussed this. Probably because they are the ones most carried away by their own news clips of Barack's crowds – but I think the real story is why his ability to draw such sweeping crowds hasn't tranlated to swee to a sweeping lead.

June 1, 2008 at 6:00 pm |
  4. Mary - Michigan

So here is the deal, no matter what, even if Hillary encourages her supporters to vote for Obama – if he should win the primary – I will not.
    Why? Because he is too far left, we don't know much about him, and because the Media favors him! More importantly I don't know about anyone else – but I can't stay with a Church when the Pastor has different beliefs and values from me. I don't agree with CNN I would rather have McCain over Obama – even though I am a woman and support freedom of choice. McCain is a much better candidate to lead this nation if Hillary can't.

June 1, 2008 at 6:00 pm |
  5. James Dylan

The large majority of the US didn't even know who Obama was a year 1 1/2 years ago. I wouldn't lend anyone money whom I've only known for 1 1/2 years. Let alone, with good conscience, put him in the most powerful position in the world. Especially without someone who isn't very well know. So to any and all who wish to call me a racist bigot I say thank you. You honor me by differentiate between us. And by the way can I barrow 100 bucks? Or perhaps you would like to buy my bridge down the street? It's made out of GOLD!!!!!!

June 1, 2008 at 4:00 pm |
  6. sheree jordan

The Democratic National Convention stole votes in Michigan from the American voters and gave them away. What happened to Democracy in this country – this sounds like "Al Gore" revisted!

Florida voters should not have been compromised nor Michigan!
    The DNC should stop making excuses for their mismanagement!

The voters in America will not forget! The voters will not be compromised!! NO DEALS...................These politicians need to pay attention to this and stop congratulating each other!

This is an outrage!

June 1, 2008 at 3:35 pm |
  7. Pat Goin

I have voted democrat my entire life in every election. Regardless of what happens, I cannot vote for Obama under any circumstance because of his Islamic connections with his family and because of his church beliefs; even though he did quit his church, he was there for 20 years and that tells me he shared in their views. I am generally open-minded and accepting, but after hearing any of those racist comments in ANY church, I would not go back to that church. Obama having stayed there shows he did share their views or was there strictly for political gain, either are immoral and shows bad judgement for a presidential nominee. I have learned about his Chicago ties and dealings. However, my own personal morals would not allow me to vote for Obama under any circumstance, regardless of the outcome; even if it means the Republicans win. I can go so far as saying I will vote for McCain just to help make sure Obama does not win.

June 1, 2008 at 11:20 am |
  8. wayne

I have read all the blogs and I ask everyone what is a fair solution for everyone involved (Michigan and Voters, Michigan and Florida Non Voters)? It concerns me that democrats are willing to vote for McCain. Obama and Clinton have very similar platforms.

If Obama does not get elected due to poor turnout or Hillary’s supporters crossing over to the other side, what do you think will happen in 2012, if Hillary becomes the nominee at that time? Obama supporters are going to do the same thing to Hillary. Meanwhile McCain will be in the White House for 8 years. The Republican Party is having a GREAT TIME laughing at us.

This is the year to get a Democrat in the White House. Do what is best for our children's future.

I have only followed politics for a short time and this is very depressing seeing our party fight each other like kids. I see why folks do not vote.

June 1, 2008 at 9:56 am |
  9. Kent Fitzsimmons,Illinois

Indian country does have an incredible amount of potential voters. I hope they register and vote in the primary. Obama cares about all people in this country and they can send a message to the rest of us that they can make a difference. We have ignored the Reservations of this country and figure they all have casinos and that they are all doing great. This is far from the truth. South Dakota has some of the poorest and most underdeveloped areas in this country. The Reservations are in decay. The Native Americans of SD need to be heard........I hope on Tuesday they speak with their votes................

June 1, 2008 at 7:11 am |
  10. James Modi

When desperation kicks in, POLITICS CAN TURN OUT TO BE A DIRTY GAME. Be that as it may, why don't we ask the main question which is: COULD HILARY CLINTON OR THEREFORE HER CAMPAIGN HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH CONTROVERSIAL CATHOLIC MINISTER Michael Pfleger. Voters can be easily influenced once you know what taps into the core of their feelings.

May 31, 2008 at 5:04 am |
  11. erico

Why is bonehead Clinton still on this race ? All she is doing is taking Obama down with her ! When will she know that Hillabillies are not welcomed anymore ?

May 31, 2008 at 3:21 am |
  12. annieoakley

i support Obama because he dared to oppose the War on Terror from the safety of his Illinois Senate seat. I support him for his leadership, standing firmly against the only country on this planet that would use their military might to back up the UNs promises to Saddam Hussein's regime. As a women I am proud to support Obama – he said no to a war against a dictator for whom forcing people to watch their family members being raped and murdered was a sport.

I am a proud Obama supporter?

May 31, 2008 at 2:24 am |
  13. Saif

I supported senator Clinton but have changed my mind now.
    By not honoring her earlier agreement regarding MI and Fl, she is making a statement that she is above all rules and agreements and that they only apply to others.
    This is not a fight based on principles but clear demonstration of poor judgment and complete lack of insight on her part.
    Senator Obama should stick to the agreement reached before the primaries started. By doing otherwise he would demonstrate that he is as unprincipled as Senator Clinton.
    She is being cynical, opportunist and disingenuous when she draws parallels between MI, Fl primary voting and Zimbabwe.
    What would have she said and done, if situation was reverse?
    She has amply demonstrated that she is not presidential material.

May 31, 2008 at 1:48 am |
  14. LaVon K Hummel

AMZ Keep your threats and your vote. You remind me of Hilery, ya know, whiny, her way or no way, and of course handing the white house to McCain, Just because she can't have it, just like you no vote unless you get your way. Why don't you hold your beath untill she gets the democratec nominee.

May 31, 2008 at 1:07 am |
  15. Pat M

Angie & TE SAP

Well I happen to agree with Miss M on all points. And I can assure you Angie that I'm not brainwashed. And I can assure TE SAP that there is no human on earth today that hasn't one bad thing as you put it, not even Obama, unless per chance with the many other fine attributes that only you can see, he is also Divine. Not much chance of that.

There are many things about Obama that are questionable and that should have been aired by the Media long before the Campaign reached this point. If you do some research you might be privy to what I'm referring to.

It's not Hillary supporters that do the name calling and make the nasty comments. Read your comments as an example.

And it's not Hillary and McCain that are receiving the positive spins by the Media it's Obama and has been since the Campaign began. The travesty is that people are just now realizing that Obama isn't the man he's been portrayed to be. They could have realized this before if they had taken the time to do their research instead of relying on the Media to give them the facts. If you have to comment here you must have time to google.

May 31, 2008 at 12:21 am |
  16. Crystal

I am golden, after all Anderson Cooper 360 and respective media will make sure that this somehow is a slam on Hillary Clinton, or maybe its just "The Obama Fan Team" in action. Oh yeah, I Obama no longer associate with biased people......................

May 31, 2008 at 12:13 am |
  17. chico

Separation of church and state. Except where the media is concerned.
    Let's stay out of The houses of worship. That is none of our business.

May 30, 2008 at 10:59 pm |
  18. Dolly

Why does CNN have a join the Obama campaignbutton? Is this an Obama website?

How very interesting that Scott McClellan came out in support of Obama with a tell all book. His defense of his book and his support for Obama were both quite lackluster.

The question is what do the Kennedys and the Obama people have on all of these people to force them into supporting Obama out of what looks like fear?

"Listen to your heart. Never stop listening."
    Henry Quick Bear, LAKOTA

May 30, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  19. Annie Kate

I'm glad the Native Americans are taking a more active role in American government now. We should have encouraged their participation long before now.

Annie Kate
    Birmingham AL

May 30, 2008 at 9:57 pm |
  20. Thersia

I am disappointed at the coverage that CNN has been playing the last few days. It seems as if you are trying to derail Senator Obama's final days to his nomination; especially while watching Campbell Brown and Lou Dobbs nightly; the coverage has been so biased.

I am watching right now (8:38 EST) from Canada and the same bit that was shown last night about when Mr. Obama won his first race in 1996 in Chicago. What are you trying to say CNN, are you trying to get to the voters in Puerto Rico, Montana, South Dakota. Why should he concede and give Clinton all she wants! All of a sudden, when Senator Clinton was losing, she did a quick turn around and said "what a minute, those votes should be counted, and delegates seated". Also, why didn't Senator Clinton apologize to Senator Obama when she inferred that she was waiting for Senator Obama to be assassinated before she would bow out of the presidential race. Why didn't CNN press that issue; even if they didn't believe the inference. They seem to push everything else of late especially when it comes to Mr. Obama.

Even from way over here in Canada, that inference was pretty clear. He shouldn't apologize to her for what the Catholic priest said. He didn't say it, the Priest said it and he (the priest) apologized.

As Senator Obama has reinforced, he doesn't see America as black/white/brown, etc., he sees it as the United States of America and embracing all people and uniting all. Good for you Mr. Obama.

Thersia, Toronto, Canada

May 30, 2008 at 9:27 pm |
  21. comet

CNN is Finally starting to vet Obama, too little too late. Why weren't you telling about Alice Palmer, Wright, Pfleger , Ayers Dorhn, in Jan when we begged you to, Before people voted not wait until the primaries were almost over. I realize almost everyone at CNN is in the tank for Obama, but I would have hope they thought their first duty was to report the truth. This is just like how we were run to the War.

May 30, 2008 at 8:55 pm |
  22. Shannon McMurphy

Too late, people are finding out about Obama. I blame the media, who didn't focus on his failings until after most of the primaries were over.

Hope you Obama supporters feel like the idiots you are.

Oh, gee, I forgot. If I'm not for Obama, then I'm a racist.

May 30, 2008 at 8:12 pm |
  23. Larry

Aside from Clinton, a couple of other notable democrats who voted FOR the war in Iraq are Kerry & Edwards; odd that they both support Obama. Obama could not have voted against the war as he was not a senator in 2002, he was busy trying to get elected Chicago-style.

May 30, 2008 at 8:01 pm |
  24. Pat M

I'll submit this again and again it will likely be blocked by CNN. I would like to know why? As I believe it's a fair question.

I fell it is a travesty that the Largest Media Networks choose to ignore the MANY controversial and negative reports circulating other Networks, Iternet sites, News Magazines, even the New York Times and Washington Post, regarding Barack Obama.

All of these reports initiating as early as February 2008, addressed Obama's involvement and association with members supporting Palestinian Organizations while he was a Director with the Wood Fund Board. All of these reports stated that The Wood Fund granted the AAAN 75,000 in aid over the course of two years. And members of the same Organization had also donated to Senator Obama's Senatorial Campaign. These same reports stated Obama's association with entities who were harsh critics of Israel and who also donated to his Senatorial Campaign. These reports in addition to Rev. Wright's Racist Sermons, I would think would have ranked important enough for at least a mention. However, nothing has been reported by these Major News Media Networks.

Why would such controversial reports on Obama be ignored while McCain and Clinton's every word and mis-speak has been disected, anyalyzed, assessed and given Top Priority? If there is no truth to these reports than the Major Networks should repudiate them as such out of respect for Barack Obama.

May 30, 2008 at 7:51 pm |
  25. Adam T.

STOP CRYING ABOUT CLINTON BEING DONE WRONG!!!!!!!! Clinton is finished and the super Dels know it. Clinton claims to be the stronger candidate that wont drop out untill shes the only one standing there holding her own "Vote for Clinton" streamer. Now thats insanity and not endurance like many would have you believe. It would be nice, even noble to see her do the graceful thing and not drag this out like she is doing. I guess it makes perfect sense in her world, if she stays in the race then it will leave more time for Micky to gather his strategy in hopes that Obama will focus fire on her and not engage Micky until the last minute and thus lose the general election, leaving 2012 open for her to run but noone will support her at that time, not after this selfish act of hers. THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO PUT IT......."SELFISH"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 30, 2008 at 7:24 pm |
  26. Denise

I think we all should stop and step back and look at ourselves. I am not here to bash anyone, I will give my views to this point. I was a strong supporter of HC and I told myself years ago that I wish she would run for president because I would surely be the first one in line for her. When I saw Mr. Obama, I did not change to his side. After I first listened to him, I did not change. I heard basically the same thing from HC and Mr. Obama. But as I watched the campaigning I noticed that Mr. Obama was running the race that earned my respect. He took and keeps taking a beating from the Republicans and from HC. I can understand the beating from McCain, but not from HC. They are both suppose to be on the same team and fighting McCain. When it comes to the two of them, they are only suppose to lay out the facts of what they each believe and let the democrats choose which one we believe would be the better candidate. As HC began losing, I saw a different HC. Not a fighter, but one that no longer cared about what will help the democratic party win as a whole. I began to see division and her turning on her own democratic partner as if she were trying to help McCain and it was at that point I had to change positions.

It is not at all to say that HC is a bad person. I just decided she was not the person I wanted to represent me. I believe I can show people who I am and what I stand for and win them by doing so. I don't believe I have to go out and bash anyone nor complain in order for people to take notice of me. It's up to us as an individual. To not vote for the other democrate because your candidate does not win, is that a mature way to handle a problem? The problem is bigger than any of us, think about gas. You may be able to pay for a little higher gas, but what about those people who are sitting somewhere wondering how they are going to get enough money to pay for the higher gas to get to work and have the money to feed their children? It's not about us individually, it is about us as a whole. I'm not willing for a child to suffer because of my failure to vote democrat. It would be one thing if McCain was anywhere on the same page as the democrats, but he is no where near. Some people can not wait for four more years for us to vote democrat and get some relief. This is all just my point, maybe it will help someone to hear or maybe not, but it is my charge to just ask us all to stop and think past just ourselves. No matter which of the three candidates we are for, just think past ourselves.

May 30, 2008 at 6:45 pm |
  27. Larry

So, Bush used the media to sell the war in Iraq to Kerry & Edwards; both Obama supporters and both voted in 2002 for the war. Interestingly Obama wasn't a senator in 2002, so he couldn't have voted against the war.

May 30, 2008 at 5:44 pm |
  28. Gary Chandler in Canada

Since May 15***, CNN published several of my posts which all had a consistent message. For over two weeks, I have been correctly pointing out the Clinton ‘claim’ of a Popular Vote lead is a LIE, a Misspeak. #1
    For close to 3 weeks, it has been clear it could only be true if she was allocated 55% in Michigan and Obama was given 0%. #2
    Several times I stated that even Wolfson would not be stupid enough to make a 55 / 0 claim public. #3
    Today the Clinton camp actually came out, with crooked faces, and said 55% for her in MI and 0% for Obama is the only fair allocation! (???The only intelligent reason a candidate could have for this statement is building a plank for an Independent run at the Presidency???. VP? McLellan rat and rat)
    I’ve noticed in these BLOGS, even the most blindly loyal Clinton supporters are waking out of the fog. This ludicrous and undemocratic claim of a Clinton 55 to 0 win in Michigan is unhinging even more of them. Now maybe they will look at why ‘Obama’ stopping recounts’ was also a LIE!?
    In FLA it was against the law to allow private funding. Don’t you think the slimy surrogates, saying they would fund, knew this, and that their pocket books were safe, as if they could have afforded it; really!? (kitchen sink)
    In MI, the Clinton camp let the time clock run out by stipulating that law abiding voters, who never participated, would not be allowed to register!!! More real democracy!?)
    (There is also a 17% missing portion in FLA that is largely Obama support!)
    If the DNC cannot deal with her, maybe the United Nations committee on Democracy should be sent in!?)
    *** Here are the date stamps on over ½ of the posts. AC means Anderson Cooper PT Political Ticker
    May 15th, 2008 1:03 pm ET
    AC delegates Candy
    May 28th, 2008 1:24 pm ET
    PT delegates
    May 28th, 2008 6:22 pm ETPT desperate

May 30, 2008 at 5:35 pm |
  29. bernice

Cindy, What do you mean my kind? Clinton panders to different groups but all she really needs are the "white blue collar workers" remember. Now she's pandering to Native Americans, I was commenting on the article.

May 30, 2008 at 5:33 pm |
  30. Beth

Words Humanity Could Live By:
    One Planet One People One Purpose One Peace One United World I want to see a Candidate that could stand by this motto and get into the role of President; Obama is who our nation needs. He is the most real person for this job just based on how he was raised and how he has persevered through those humble beginnings and has become a successful human being. So YES! Get out of the warring business and spend the money on getting into the peace business – it is so much less expensive and better for the planet, the people and the world. If our current politicians are unable or unwilling to get with the program for promoting peace in our world and in our own country then step aside and let those who are capable and willing, step in to do the job. PLEASE!! No more death for peace- peaceful actions – promote a peaceful planet. More of our nation’s soldiers have died in this current tragic war than who died on September 11, 2001. What if – Gandhi was right? What if – We as a nation were to become the leaders of true peace by not responding to ANY real or perceived threat toward our Nation? Has anyone even noticed that there are many countries out there that do not get involved in any warring business and they rarely, if ever have a problem with terrorist nation’s political agenda’s? I would love to see zero media on “the war on terror” it gets the most attention of any other subject in the whole entire world and because of that the terrorists win every single day. They just laugh and are pumped up more because of it. We need to treat this like we would treat a child who is having a temper tantrum, completely ignore it and in time they will stop. If they quit getting attention for their bad behavior, it will eventually diminish. Imagine what the world would be like if our Nation as a collectively whole did what Gandhi did; respond toward aggression with non aggression. Eventually the aggressors begin to look like fools. Then what?

Beth
    Albany, Oregon

May 30, 2008 at 5:23 pm |
  31. Sheri

I am white and native American and a woman. I have never voted due to the quality of the candidates ( I refuse to vote the lesser of two evils). This is truly the first candidate ( Obama ) I have considered. I personally think Hillary Clinton is whining. She got off easy because of her name and she is a woman. I don't know why the media is not exposing all the fraud and scandal that surround the " Clinton's" during the primary. Yes a woman president is a great goal for the country just not that woman. She voted for the war, to move the primaries in Florida and Michigan and has made too many race and gender comments. If the shoe was on the other foot and she was ahead I don't believe the Clinton's would tolerate the the argument that her opponent should have all the votes count for him if her name was not on the ballet after agreeing in writing to violate the DNC party rules. I think she is part of the problem with our government and will lead us to war and more corruption. By the way Obama has shown great leadership in voting against the war and he is a member of many high level agencies . If she cry s uncle tom and they give it to her to placate racist Americans. I will have lost all faith in our freedoms and our county. I thought our country wanted to be respected by other countries this is a shame.

May 30, 2008 at 5:21 pm |
  32. dfortruth

Cnn seems to be doing everything they can to help Hillary win this election. With Pastor Hagee and Pastor Parsley, McCain renounces there comment of the story went away. We see nothing about Hillary's Pastor. This priest was let go from Obama two weeks ago, now and have been on You Tube for a long time. Now Fox News brings this up just before the DNC meeting and its all ove the news.

This explains how Bush used the media to sells his war, and now they are trying to sell a war with Iran. And now they are trying to sell Bill and Hillary. If Cnn is not allowed to bring up Bill and Monica, why keeping reporting dirt on Obama? Cnn and Fox News the same

May 30, 2008 at 5:06 pm |
  33. Larry

Obama will probably accomplish what Hugo Chavez could not; amend the constitution so that he will be president-for-life.

May 30, 2008 at 4:47 pm |
  34. Diane Hein

In regard to the upcoming decision on how to seat Michigan and Florida delegates, I wonder if anyone has considered a disparate impact ("DI") argument in order to support a more favorable ruling for Obama. A "DI" argument might have merit considering Obama relied on information to his detriment in making campaign decisions including whether to have his name on the ballot. Arguably, changing the game rules after there has been reliance creates a disparate impact on an entire group of protected individuals–not just Obama.

May 30, 2008 at 4:40 pm |
  35. Sharon Ohio

Obama is the Greatest Security Risk this country has ever had.

To hand the country over to this man is insanity.

May 30, 2008 at 4:17 pm |
  36. ANGIE

miss m what are you talking about what oh you must be one of those woman BRAIN WASHED BY CLINTON obama will do quite well there at least he cares about their needs

May 30, 2008 at 4:04 pm |
  37. Cindy

@ Bernice...UMMM..HELLO..there are bigots and racist on both sides. I don't know where you think you get off calling people names. If you can't write a comment that correlates with the post without name calling then why not just add nothing at all from now on. We don't need your type on here!

Cindy...Ga.

May 30, 2008 at 4:00 pm |
  38. TESAP

Miss M what have you learned what do you want to know, it seems by the tone of your comments that you are interested in hearing bad things about the Senator, guess what there are none.....

WHO DO YOU THINK THE NATIVE AMERICANS WILL VOTE FOR????

OBAMA OFCOURSE..................

May 30, 2008 at 3:54 pm |
  39. bernice

I hope Indian Country brings it home for Obama. HRC people are bigots and racists.

May 30, 2008 at 3:44 pm |
  40. AZM

Everybody around this guy comes out later spewing hate.

Birds of a Feather...

This guy will not even come close in the General... No Way.

No Hillary... No Dem in the Office... pure and simple... and the sad part is this year should have been a cake walk for the Dems!

May 30, 2008 at 3:40 pm |
  41. Miss M

We have just begun to hear bits and pieces about the "real" Obama. How come CNN does not dig deeper into his past, as you have and are doing with MCCain and Ms. Clinton ????

I believe you are one sided ! Your reporting is slanted......Its the media which has caused so much of the un-needed dram, you have all overstepped the bounds of reporting...

what a sham..................