May 23rd, 2008

Beat 360° 5/23/08

Hey Bloggers!

Going once, going twice... sold to 'Beat 360°"

Everyday we post a picture – and you provide the caption. Our staff will get in on the action too.

Tune in every night at 10p ET to see if you are our favorite! Can you Beat 360°?

Here is the 'Beat 360°' pic of the day: President Bush stands over a Harley Davidson motorcycle and other U.S. products for export, as he speaks about his support for free trade agreements with Colombia, South Korea, and Panama, on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington.

Beat 360°

Have fun with it.

Make sure to include your name, city, state (or country) so we can post your comment.

David M. Reisner
360° Digital Producer

Filed under: Beat 360°
  1. Putzel in Waco, TX

Former President Bush appears in a scene from
    "Lifestyles of the Rich and Infamous".
    Don't miss the season premiere on January 20, 2009 !

May 23, 2008 at 6:39 pm |
  2. Jake

Top Chef will cook the meal, deliver it by motorcycle, and the proceeds will go to the Saudis for more oil.

May 23, 2008 at 6:38 pm |
  3. Kristien,Antwerp, Belgium

"Ok folks, don't forget to buy your tombola tickets to win one of these fabulastic prices, proceeds go to the McCain campaign"

May 23, 2008 at 6:37 pm |
  4. Kevin, Lansdowne, PA

Oh, so much to choose from..... I'll have the lame duck with salad and a side order of broccoli.

May 23, 2008 at 6:36 pm |
  5. David Howard

Dick, when people in America say, "Go Green" they don't mean park your motorcycle on the lawn.

May 23, 2008 at 6:33 pm |
  6. Raquel

"...so yes, I encourage yard sales, as they are the only American owned businesses left in the USA."

Raquel
    Casselberry, FL

May 23, 2008 at 6:33 pm |
  7. john latrobe pa.

America Idled

May 23, 2008 at 6:33 pm |
  8. lorraine--canada

Laura – Whoops looks like Jeanna is moving back home again with all her stuff.

May 23, 2008 at 6:32 pm |
  9. Dan M, San Diego, CA

"We've got all our major exports right here on the South Lawn except one: American jobs."

May 23, 2008 at 6:29 pm |
  10. Linda Iowa

President Bush says " Using my calculations...We'll have that trillions of dollar deficit made up before you know it."

May 23, 2008 at 6:28 pm |
  11. sarah B....Durham,NC

......Bush is now renegotiating with Russia for Oil.....

May 23, 2008 at 6:28 pm |
  12. Susan

All these items are up for bid for cheaper oil prices....did I hear a bid of $67.00 for a barrel for these choice items from the USA?

May 23, 2008 at 6:26 pm |
  13. Curtis J Phillips

George Bush jokes (or is it a joke) with reporters at the southlawn of the White House/
    Now is Columbia a district of the District of Columbia?. he he he
    And South Korea, which direction is it from North Korea? he he he
    Panama. Why should we trade with them when all they do is make hats? he he he

Fort McMurray Alberta Canada

May 23, 2008 at 6:21 pm |
  14. Yolanda G. Lemaitre

I AM READY TO GO HOME.. Get me out of this mess..!
    Karl...? Condi.. ? somebody?

May 23, 2008 at 6:18 pm |
  15. Brian from Los Angeles, California

Did any of you realize that we have to pay a high tariff everytime we sell these goods to Colombia, however, the imports from Colombia are not hit with tariffs. Do any of you feel this is fair? I would agree that it is insane that the Congress has decided it is better for our economy to pay more than to pay less.

May 23, 2008 at 6:18 pm |
  16. T.Solomon perris

These are the things americans had before I was president....

Theo Perris Ca

May 23, 2008 at 6:18 pm |
  17. Don

Mr. Pototo(e) Head informs some baskets of fruits and veggies about their role as alternate fuel sources.

Don, WA

May 23, 2008 at 6:16 pm |
  18. Lynn, No. California

Items won by Dick Cheney at the county fair shooting gallery.

May 23, 2008 at 6:14 pm |
  19. Sharon from Indy

Along with a Honda motorcycle, vegetables imported from Chile, cotton from Mexico and cheese from Brazil, President Bush asks the world to let America start exporting again.

May 23, 2008 at 6:14 pm |
  20. Curtis J Phillips

"37...38...39...40...41...uhh" President Bush doing a head count at the inaugural Florida Orange Growers Hells Angels Chapter's auction to kick off fundraising for the George W. Bush (Comic Book) Library.

Fort McMurray Alberta Canada

May 23, 2008 at 6:13 pm |
  21. GAIL Centre,Al;

Spend your stimulus checks here.

May 23, 2008 at 6:12 pm |
  22. Ishani,CA

hey, everybody do not make 109 million or involved in a beer industry which makes millions and millions......

May 23, 2008 at 6:12 pm |
  23. Curtis J Phillips

In a few moments, an aid will approach the miming President Bush to inform him that one is allowed to talk while hosting a "silent auction"..

Fort McMurray Alberta Canada

May 23, 2008 at 6:09 pm |
  24. Ishani,CA

Look here Folks!!! First of all, I had no idea that gas will go upto 5 dollars, and I just got to know that the food cost went up. .......but, I just dont understand why can't you guys get bikes like this to travel and reduce the usage of gas......

When you do that you will have an extra money to buy the groceries.......

May 23, 2008 at 6:08 pm |
  25. Isaac

The economy? My plan is simple, typical and only makes sense to me...We will use these veggies to fuel the more economical motorcycle or else use those bikes...problem solved!

Visalia, CA

May 23, 2008 at 6:07 pm |
  26. Tee

What I'm trying to say is gas to to high for exporting.

May 23, 2008 at 6:05 pm |
  27. GAIL AL;

I'm going to sell all the vegtables, Fill up the harley, and then get out of town.

May 23, 2008 at 6:05 pm |
  28. Diane Williams, Oxnard Ca

Not only did I sell out the Country, I'm gonna sell this crap too!

May 23, 2008 at 6:03 pm |
  29. Jeff Ocasio Florida

I'm trading this stuff for fuel for America. I have fruit from the White House Kitchen, Mexican picked Veggies from Immokalee, Florida and some kid’s bike that I bought to support I think somebody’s campaign. I’m keeping the video games he was selling. Then we have a couple bales of fresh marijuana from those Florida grow houses. And I’m throwing in the Harley to make the deal sweet.

May 23, 2008 at 6:02 pm |
  30. Don

"Well...Yuk...Yuk...Yuk...I forgot what I was supposed to talk about today. But I can see I really need to get on groundskeeping...they leave their bikes and lunch everywhere."

Don, WA

May 23, 2008 at 6:02 pm |
  31. Cathy

A few last words while he waits for the moving van!

Cathy
    Berlin, Vermont

May 23, 2008 at 6:00 pm |
  32. Curtis J Phillips

Welcome to CNN's new reality TV show Punk'd Presidential Style White House Edition

Fort McMurray Alberta Canada

May 23, 2008 at 5:57 pm |
  33. john latrobe pa.

"I ain't appease'n, Um aplease'n!

May 23, 2008 at 5:57 pm |
  34. Maureen from California

Bush: 'Oh, Harley! Oh how I would love to ride ya!'

May 23, 2008 at 5:54 pm |
  35. Curtis J Phillips

In his debut as an auctioneer George Bush thought a Dummy Bid meant that he could do not bid himself

Fort McMurray Alberta Canada

May 23, 2008 at 5:53 pm |
  36. Brian from Los Angeles, California

It is sad my fellow Americans that the only way I can convince the idiots in Congress that a free trade deal with Colombia is good thing fo our economy and country is to come out here and act like I am having a garage sale at the White House.

May 23, 2008 at 5:52 pm |
  37. Eric in Upstate NY

Who's up for "poppin' some wheelies" in the Rose Garden?

May 23, 2008 at 5:52 pm |
  38. Bud Curtis

Just another Dad who had to gather up and sell a few extra things lying around the house to pay for his daughter's wedding.

Bud Curtis
    Miami, OK

May 23, 2008 at 5:49 pm |
  39. Eric in Upstate NY

By my calculation, if every American switched to motorcycles for transportation along with oranges and lettuce for sustenance, we can be totally free of dependance of foreign oil by 2037!

May 23, 2008 at 5:42 pm |
  40. mike in la

My fellow americans,
    In order to survive in a recession you need to have fun and you need to eat healthy.

May 23, 2008 at 5:39 pm |
  41. Putzel in Waco, TX

A couple of true American legends standing on the White House lawn..... John Deere and Harley-Davidson.

May 23, 2008 at 5:39 pm |
  42. Eric in Upstate NY

My fellow Americans, I'm reminded of what another great Republican said during the depression before this current one, and so I promise: "A cabbage in every pot and a bicycle in every garage!"

May 23, 2008 at 5:37 pm |
  43. Don

"And in closing – I would also like to export Lou Dobbs."

Don, WA

May 23, 2008 at 5:37 pm |
  44. MARIAH STORM

personally, i think 360 is a rich man's toy!!! only it's my government and the world's view he is playing with.... cooper's biased take on the Presidential Debate, gave us One Fool named mccain from the republican party and geeeeee did he want romney also???
    THE PEOPLE WANTED HUCKABEE!!!!!!!! THE PEOPLE WANT CHANGE.... NOT MORE POOR LITTLE RICH KIDS WHO WANT TO TRY TO RULE THE WORLD.... i am not impressed with anderson cooper's point of view at all.....
    this photo sends message to cooper to look into his own backyard!!!!!
    before he slings mud!!!
    what has cooper done for oil glut? or forced foreclosures, or bringing our troops HOME... and bankruptcys galore......

maine resident

May 23, 2008 at 5:34 pm |
  45. Brent -- San Pedro

In case of an impromptu speaking engagement, George's Segway came with a custom podium.

May 23, 2008 at 5:33 pm |
  46. Lisa Stokes, Atlanta, GA

A demonstration of the two America's. One gets to buy cool motorcycles, the other spends their stimulus checks on food.

May 23, 2008 at 5:32 pm |
  47. denise, nc

Bush trying out his lighting fast auctioneer chant after he was told he could move at least 60 items per hour with confusing speech. "By golly i'm gonna stimulate the economy."

May 23, 2008 at 5:25 pm |
  48. Putzel in Waco, TX

None of you can afford this stuff, even with the stimulus checks I gave you, but people in other countries can. That's why free trade agreements are so important. It helps big business!

May 23, 2008 at 5:24 pm |
  49. john latrobe pa.

Bush prepares to board Motorcycle One. Secret Service bikes to follow.

May 23, 2008 at 5:23 pm |
  50. Dorothy

All right...going once, going twice, sold to Hillary and Bill Clinton....

May 23, 2008 at 5:21 pm |