May 14th, 2008

Edwards to endorse Obama

David M. Reisner
360° Digital Producer

Hey Bloggers,

Breaking News: John Edwards is to endorse Sen. Barack Obama as the Democratic candidate for President...The Obama campaign tells us the announcement will occur tonight in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

We'll have the story at 10p ET. Please join us.

Filed under: Barack Obama • John Edwards • Raw Politics
  1. M Donoyan

For all of those hostile women who said they wouldn't vote for Barack if Hillary did not get the Dem. nomination, I say, fine, vote for McCain - you truly deserve him!! With all due respect, I'll stand by and keep my son home while you send their sons to Iraq - your sons deserve it. bec. they have moms like you making choices for their future I will also stand by and watch your right to make choices about your body deteriote further by this current Supreme Court. As a woman, I don't care who gets the Dem. nomination - they've got my vote. Wake up women. We can't afford another Republican administration.

May 15, 2008 at 12:27 am |
  2. Indie in Seattle

A vote for McCain is a vote for a man who has admitted knowing very little about economics during a time of great economic uncertainty.

A vote for McCain is a vote for a man who will not only keep us in Iraq indefinitely but won't take much convincing to send our troops in elsewhere.

A vote for McCain is a vote for a man who has no plan to solve our healthcare problems.

A vote for McCain is a vote for a man who will pander to whoever he has to in order to get elected and will say whatever is needed to get elected. Don't let his "Straight Talk" fool you. He has shown his true colors in this primary....and that color is red.

Plain and simple, a vote for McCain is a vote for even further incompetence than we've seen for the last 8 years. If America elects McCain, I will surely think we have all gone mad!

May 15, 2008 at 12:26 am |
  3. abby

DODD, KERRY, RICHARDSON, EDWARDS – Didn't they all LOOSE!

Useless

May 15, 2008 at 12:26 am |
  4. Mary

I'm 40 years old, in florida (a swing state) and a democrat, I will not vote for Obama now or ever, if he is choosen my vote will go to senator McCain. John Edwards is a scumbag!

May 15, 2008 at 12:26 am |
  5. jan

I think Edwards just ended his political career. He just became a world class hypocrite.If he thinks he'll get a peachy job he's an idiot. I will be voting republician, if Obama is on the ticket. I don't understand how anyone can believe anything he says. He listened to this Wright man for twenty years and wants us to believe he never preached the hatred when he was present,B.S. I think this is a wake up for all of us, if this was anyone else we wouldn,t be letting them get away with these lies so easily. I hope the so called super delegates wake up before it's to late...........

May 15, 2008 at 12:23 am |
  6. Judy A

I can't believe the Hillary supporter comments here. Where were you when her husband was having an affair in the White House. I couldn't find a WHITE person who would admit to voting for Clinton. But BLACKS stuck by him. We voted for him again and we dismissed all the WHITE folks who were bashing the Clintons. Go back and read the articles. The BLACK never abandon the Clintons. In fact 70% of Obama supporter would vote for Hillary if she got the nomination fairly. But 45% of Hillary backers would not vote for Obama. These are not true Democrats. These are Republican crossing over trying to push the Democrats closer to Republican because they don't have a candidate. It's OK. Black have been voting for a WHITE candidate all our lives. We are use to picking the true candidate because we listen carefully. LBJ didn't champion Civil Rights until he became the President then he stepped up to the plate. Black don't see anything wrong with McCain. He is a hero, he is trying to court the black vote and he is a very sincere person, He has faith and he is pro-life he very much a candidate for BLACK, But most BLACK are faithful Democrats and they will still vote for Hillary. Search your heart don't vote on racial lines it makes a joke of the Civil War this country fought and every solider that has died on the battefield. Those soliders died so we would be UNITED as we STAND for FREEDOM and DEMOCRACY in the WORLD.

May 15, 2008 at 12:22 am |
  7. AB

I can't believe what the very liberal Democrats are saying in the poli-
    tico.com about the Clintons. They are worst and sounds
    so vindictive just like the Neocons who crucifide them before. They
    ought to join Ken Starr,because they are just as bad.These poeple
    got short memories that after all the accusations that were made up-
    none of them were proven to be true.The Clintons were not found
    any wrongdoing about the " Blackwater" case and other stupid stuffs
    that they have tried very hard to stick it to them.Why are some people
    so heartless and hateful ? Now, they are at it again and they are
    supposed to be Democrats? Are they jealous that President Clinton
    is so in demand as a speaker than any other past presidents? He
    was just being hired and paid well at the same time. He was only
    speaking as an inspirational speaker and being very knowledgeable
    about things.He deserves it after getting a high job rating during his
    presidency inspite of Monica Lewinsky. Would you have time to dig
    up dirt about a company who is just asking to be honored for his presence and opinions?These are very rich countries-they can do
    whatever they want including inviting a very popular US president.
    I doubt very much if President Bush will be asked to speak abroad
    about the economy and the war which have been both a disaster.
    President Clinton is very much popular and loved in other countries.
    He has done so much to improve relations throughout the world. We
    need a moderate in this country instead of too far to the right or left.
    There are Republicans and Democrats who are being elected,so
    somebody has to compromise a little to get things done. President
    Clinton did that and Hilary is going to do the same.She is a very
    hard working candidate on the planet and it shows.Give them both
    a credit that they deserve.Thanks!

May 15, 2008 at 12:20 am |
  8. Joy Work

First of all, Its GREAT John Edwards is now backing Obama The timing steals some of Clintons "who..arw" But….. why didn’t John Edwards say "PERSON" instead of "MAN" saying Obama is "the best "MAN" for the job.

With John Edwards praising Clinton for 5 minutes before John Edwards came out for Obama and since Clinton is a woman. I think he should of said PERSON

May 15, 2008 at 12:20 am |
  9. David

Why is Obama now wearing a flag pin from China?

May 15, 2008 at 12:20 am |
  10. Luis M

Once again,why does Richardson uses the "white blue collar voters" and is not called on this?, talk about a bias media, as long it's a Barack supporter I guess the teflon is still working , on the coattails too.

May 15, 2008 at 12:19 am |
  11. Harry

Wow what a suprise,after n.c. votes for obama,edwards wants to support him,thats playing it safe.why did he not come out for obama before?Support from him is not a asset.

May 15, 2008 at 12:18 am |
  12. Alex Acosta, PA

This endorsement just reassures me that Hillary clinton will lose. Barrack Obama has too much of a substantial lead for her to dream of catching up. Even if the people of Michigan and Florida were accounted for she would still be behind. So maybe she has the "Blue-collars" that is not going to help her in an age where youth overwhelms the masses.

Either way, the fact that this race has gone on for so long is pretty reassuring that we will have democratic leadership. To those that say that the party is being divided you arent thinking how dumb most of us Americans are. 50% of the voting population probably don't even know who Rev. Wright is. You have to think like Google, more eye balls means more money. In this case money is votes but hopefully someone sees where im coming from.

May 15, 2008 at 12:14 am |
  13. Armando Ortiz

@today: this is the same America that voted TWICE for the same monkey-in-a-suit that still refuses to admit we were wrong and instead says we were deceived by the "world's intelligence community." This is the same America that voted for Bush who's best stab at saving his own name is saying that he gave up GOLF while the people he sent to the Middle East are DYING. This is the same America that got so blind-sided by GOP double-talk, they didn't know what was happening until it was too late. Economy? Foreclosures? If you don't know them, you should meet them.

I, for one, celebrated the day Obama committed to run for President and I'm glad that I'm going to live through a very historical moment.

As for the Clintonites who are saying they won't vote for Obama if he's the nominee, get your heads out of your...*ahem*... Clinton is being selfish by trying to stay in this thing to the end. She should bow out and say, "We should get behind Obama because one way or another, we need a Democrat in the office more than we need more Bush ideals and exaggerated sympathy towards the families of the ones who were sent to a war that never should have happened."

May 15, 2008 at 12:10 am |
  14. Joan B

I am very upset with John Edwards. I had a lot of respect for him before this endorcement (I was even going to vote for him in the Wisconsin primary before he dropped out.) I feel he should have kept quiet until after all the primaries were complete. I have voted in all election since I was old enough to vote. I am 50 years old. I for one would rather not vote at all before I would vote for Obama. I am a college graduate and I feel Obama came to power way to quickly. He didn't even finish one term in the Senate and has been missing in action for the last two years because of his bid for the White House.
    I also say shame on John Edwards for doing this the day after Clinton's big victory in West Virginia.

May 15, 2008 at 12:09 am |
  15. niki

I understand that Hillary supporters are dissapointed with the Edwards indorsement and that their canadiate is probably not going to win this primary but the facts are the facts. The American people have voted and have picked Obama (he is ahead in popular vote, deligates, super deligates and states won) . Being angry with him doesn't make sense. He didn't do anything bad to Hillary or anyone else. He has run an honorable race (which , sadly, is more than I can say for Hillary). The truth is if Edwards had endorsed Hillary you would be singing his praises. I understand you are hurting but don't blame Obama or the Democratic party. That's not fair.

The truth is, I couldn't choose between the two until Hillary started playing dirty. I've seen enough of that from the Republicans and that was the tie breaker for me. I'm sorry she did it, but she should have known better and that that kind of behavior would turn the tide in Obama's favor. So, ultimately, she has only herself to blame. It's time to turn the page, unite and put our energy into winning the White House.

May 15, 2008 at 12:09 am |
  16. Ethan

Those who say they will vote for McCain if Hillary loses are really troubling me. McCain is a man who sings a song about bombing Iran and thinks the solution to our healthcare crisis is a few vague statements about reducing costs and turning it over to the "Free" market. The truth is, Hillary ran a poor campaign and Obama has beat her fair and square. There is no "male" conspiracy against her. Obama assembled a better team. Managed his team better. Had a better strategy. Raised money more effectively. Maintained a better and more consistent message. And has shown great poise and grace amidst the firestorm of Jeramiah Wright. In contrast, Hillary thought she would win easily, didn't plan for any other alternative, assembled a team that fought and bickered, took too long to find a good message, and basically lost this race. There is no-one to blame but herself.

Edwards announcement is just another example of the effectiveness of the Obama campaign. The timing was perfect. Good strategy. Good politics.

If Obama runs the country anything like he has run his campaign he will be a great president. It couldn't get worse than Bush.....oh wait...it will if you vote for McCain. A vote for McCain is not a vote against Obama, against the Democratic party, or a vote for Hillary. It is a vote to tank America. McCain is sure to be a bigger disaster than Bush. Frankly, he scares me to death.

May 15, 2008 at 12:08 am |
  17. shawn

The funniest thing about reading these comments are all the people who say they are democrats but won't vote for Obama. That is the worst display of infantile behavior I could imagine. So, you agree with Clinton's ideas but are somehow violently against Obama's ideas?

This is what I love about Democrats, you will always find a way to lose in the end. Don't ever blame the Republican party for destroying this country! It is Democratic campaign incompetence that has allowed the Republicans the opportunity. If it wasn't heartbreaking to see the greatness of this country squandered, I would thoroughly enjoy watching you idiots implode upon yourselves.

Just a suggestion to all of you "Democrats" vowing to vote against your ideals because you don't get your way despite the fact that Obama has obviously won by the rules your party has set forth: actually compare their ideas and plans.........they are almost identical!

May 15, 2008 at 12:07 am |
  18. Mely in Texas

EDWARDS IS A HYPOCRITE ! Just Monday Edwards told Larry King that he didn’t want to “contribute to the divide” and that he was going to “let the voters make the decision?”

Edwards is just another typical politician making a calculated move. Edwards, Bills Rirchards, DNC are a dissapointment.

OBAMA "CHANGE" The BIG question is what? What is he going to do? Obama just feed us inspirational speeches.

Anderson – Please play the clip from Edwards interview with Larry King on Monday.

May 15, 2008 at 12:07 am |
  19. Paul Clark

I am a John Edwards supporter, but I will not follow him and vote for a man who is associated with a christian Reverend who supports the black muslims of Farhcon. There are too many questions not answered about Obama. I believe the most electable candiate is Clinton. She has won the most important states for a democrat candiate, the ones that will vote blue, but Obama's victories are from states that mostly vote republican and I do not think that the American people are willing to tow the party lines, look what happened with that and what it has done to our nation reelecting Bush. We have ourselves to blame for that for not putting a candiate up against Bush who was electable, like maybe Gore. I am ashamed to say I am a democrat right now. Howard Dean needs to resign. We should have had this election on a silver platter with the nation strongly against Bush, but we made a debockle of the whole mess. John Edwards was the best choice and easily electable, and the media is to blame for they wanted a black man and a women in the race to make headlines and never reported on Edwards, most people never even knew he was running and what he was about now look what we have to choice from, a black man with ties to Fahracon, the white population loves that, a white female who brings the question can a women handle the stress of the White House, and third McCain who will most likely die in office so we could end up with Joe Liberman as our President. I believe I am going to the voting booth and choose none of the above. Paul Clark Evans, Ga.

May 15, 2008 at 12:04 am |
  20. Lou

Why is it that just about all the cnn commentators keep saying that come november all those people that say now they are not voting for Obama later on they will, let me tell you I will NOT, and friends of mine will not either and we are democrats and senator Clinton's supporters, my mind is already made up, I will not support anyone that carries a chip on their shoulder, nor someone than sat in church for over 20 years listening to bigotry and hate, I don't call that good judgement . Oh, by the way I will not sit home and not vote, my vote will go to senator McCain, I will do that very gladly especially after backstabbers/brown-nosers like Bill Richarson and now John Edwards endorsed senator Obama.
    P.S. my group of friends from south Florida wich is made of white and hispanics think the same way , so good luck Mr. Obama!

May 15, 2008 at 12:03 am |
  21. Chris

Many supporters wonder what took long? I think the timing was perfect:

* The endorsement news coverage deflated the WVA primary loss
    * Edwards is well respected among "blue collar workers
    * Edwards has 19 delegates that hopefully will endorse Obama.
    * He also called for party unity.

John Edwards, Attorney General? Secretary of H.U.D ?

May 15, 2008 at 12:03 am |
  22. Sheila

FURTHERMORE
    Cnn needs to stop reporting on this stupid election and start being concerned with the millions of people in china and burma who have no home, have died or are struggling for their lives.

May 15, 2008 at 12:02 am |
  23. Lana

I could never support John McCain because I believe he is too supportive of Bush's policies. I also could not support Obama because I believe he is too inexperienced (as Bush was when he came to office). I belive Hillary Clinton is the only one left in the race that I could support. There were several other candidates early on that I could have supported (both on the Republican and Democrat side) but now it come down to Hillary or noone.
    I am very disappoined in John Edwards. I think Hillary's views are closer to what he expressed during his campaign and he has sold out for some personal gain.

May 15, 2008 at 12:02 am |
  24. Pamela Alexander

This is history in the makings. Obama and Edwards, President and Vice President. I can see this happening. You couldn't ask for a better team. Hats off to Hillary, she's wonderfu but it's time for a change and that change is Obama for President. Stop allowing race to be a factor in this race because if you look at it, he's part white and part black, so let's stop judging and just adapt to change.

May 15, 2008 at 12:01 am |
  25. M.C.

I know this won't be posted. For every pro-Hillary post, there are ten to twenty Obama rants with poor spelling and silly, childish language. But I'll try once again. John Edwards is a loser endorsing another loser. Can we all spell loser???? This endorsement means NOTHING. Elizabeth Edwards appears to be for Hillary (Today interview, People magazine article). Poor Elizabeth! Her onl;y fault is she married a loser!!!!

May 15, 2008 at 12:01 am |
  26. Kevin Berens

Good for you, Democrats! Edwards, you should have shown you support earlier, but I'll forgive you. I'm somewhat struck to hear chit chat around the news groups about McCain having a strong following in the "White" demographic. Shouldn't we get beyond this very issue (Republicans). Perhaps Edwards' endorsement of Obama will sway some to see the value in Obama and "look" beyond the color of his skin. It's about the issues and only the issues. Collectively, Obama and Edwards hit the issues head on. Edwards, are you vying for a VP position?

May 15, 2008 at 12:00 am |
  27. Sheila

FURTHERMORE– Edwards no longer has my regard. I am absolutely disgusted by his endorsing Obama . I agree with many of the comments above, I wouldn't vote for obama is he were the only candidate!!

May 15, 2008 at 12:00 am |
  28. Ms. Smith

Your guest continue to talk about Clinton's supporters not supporting;Obama! What about Obama's supporters supporting Clinton?

They are talking as if; Obama's supporters doesn't count; myself I will NOT vote for Clinton....due to the fact she is making this out of a race issue; not the mention all the lies she have told; with a straight face!

Are you all forgetting that Obama's mother was WHITE! This just goes to show Americans that the more things change the more they stay the same! Some white Americans (not all) can not and will not see pass the color of Obama's skin color.....How sad!!!

When God is for you who can be against you?.....Go Obama!!!

May 14, 2008 at 11:59 pm |
  29. Pat Canfield

I've always supported John Edwards. Thought he was the best
    person the Dems had to offer, believed in his populist leanings.
    But now-on the whole-I was wrong to think so highly of him!
    Just another ward-heeling Pol, hustling the VP job. And caring not
    that he would gladly disenfranchise the voters of the states still scheduled to hold primary's. He, along with that other
    weasel, Bill Richardson is firmly beyond redemption! A pox on
    those who want Hillary to quit.
    Pat -in Houston

May 14, 2008 at 11:59 pm |
  30. Mark

I'm watching the show and the talking heads are saying that 80% (or something) people voting are considering race in thier decisions... WOW. Of course we are.. I'm white republican from CA voting for Obama.

1.This is the MLK generation come to .
    2. Obama is smart enough not to get us into too much trouble.
    3. Of all candidates He's handled himself with the most classst over the last year.
    4. McCain just ain't cuttin' it
    3. I'll be a proud American when he wins.

May 14, 2008 at 11:59 pm |
  31. David from Indian River County

Godd evening Anderson,
    Do you agree, you friends are a reflection of you? If so, Barack has a charater challenge!
    I voted for Bill twice and back Hillary 100%, so I will not support Barack. Along with his friends issue, experience, not being a patriot, his wife;'s comments about her recent admirarion of America, add up to an Elite family, no thank you, give me Bubba and his well-qualifed wife!
    AN Andrew Jackson Democrat, a party for the people.

May 14, 2008 at 11:59 pm |
  32. Phyllis from Joplin, Missouri

I am so very disappointed that John Edwards, whose platform was
    helping the poor in America, would throw his support to Obama.

Our nation can ill afford another president, be it Democrat or Republican who is backed by the self-centered, greedy elite class of this country, who are woefully out of touch with reality and whose primary goals are maintaining and protecting their private agendas.

This is a sad day for those who held John Edwards in high regard and believed in his sincerity.

May 14, 2008 at 11:57 pm |
  33. Irene

It was a shock to me. My first gut feeling was "two men got together to end Hilarry's compaign". With Edwards's help Obama hopes to get votes he cannot get, but Hillary can. Edwards's endorsment is Obama's confession he is aware of his weak spots.
    If Edwards get a VP ticket as a "thank you note" for the endorsement, that would make Obama the very same Washingtonian politician he claims he is not.
    I was planning just not to vote for Obama, but if Edwards gets the VP I will go for McCain. At least that man doesn't pretend to be someone he is not.
    And those pundits on political TV shows with Blitzer, Anderson, and others, who think the people like I will just follow the Democratic Leadership whatever they do, they just underestimate the level of insult one experiences from such political games.

May 14, 2008 at 11:57 pm |
  34. betty white

edwards has dissapointed me. he talks the talk but he doesn`t walk the walk. seem`s like he has been bought

May 14, 2008 at 11:57 pm |
  35. Pamela Alexander

Wonderful, this is what Obama needs. I can see Edwards and Obama teaming up for President and Vice President. I wish people would stop looking a race in the election because if you cut us, we all bleed red. Stop allowing the color of one's skin to be an issue in this race. Get beyond this and join forces to create change.

May 14, 2008 at 11:56 pm |
  36. M in N CA

I so agree with the comments expressing disappointment in Edwards backing Obama when Edwards' issue positions were so much more in line with Hillary's. The health care issue is huge and Obama's position is so far off - it's an excellent example of his lack of understanding problems and potential solutions.

Another thing that is interesting is Obama's acceptance of his endorsement – different points and immediately the noise around Edwards in his administration, if not VP. Obama means a different kind of politics?

Finally, your panelists who think staunch Dems won't vote for McCain is wrong. There are plenty of us who are interested in more than smoke.

May 14, 2008 at 11:56 pm |
  37. Lisa

Please stop saying you don't believe the people that are blogging. Do you think they would take the time to blogg if they were not passionate about whatever they are trying to tell you?Stop brushing aside the fact that many Clinton supporters will not vote for Obama. It goes deeper than being a democrate. They don't trust him.He doesn't bother to try to winn the white blue collar vote cause he doesn't care about their issues : not his agenda . The black vote is politically correct to asign to him, but the white vote is politically incorrect to assign to Clinton. What hypocracy . Pat Buchanon had it right tonight on MSNBC when he called it like it is.Blacks are voting 90% for Obama because he is black. The vote in Iowa was before the Wright incident. Egg on their faces. I ,too ,am sad Edwards endorsed Obama. He is up for VP, obviuosly.

May 14, 2008 at 11:55 pm |
  38. Jeff Rollins

I know that this presidential nominee race is more than politics because I watch cnn everyday and more and more the topic turns to race....I mean i see all the numbers but it makes me think that our people in this country we'll always remain divided in peoples minds..sickening

May 14, 2008 at 11:55 pm |
  39. bill karrow

Gloria, you better believe Clinton supporters will not vote for Obama, I am a 50 year old life long democrat & just 1 of people & family I know that feel that way. It has nothing to do with race, it has to do with experience. Sen. Obama has only been there16 months & most of that time was spent campaigning. If you think Mcain is weak on the economy that may be . What would happen to our economy if we had another terror attack? That is where we feel Sen Obama is weak. Would you want someone to do a root canal on you who has not even filled a tooth.. You pundants better start believing it!!

May 14, 2008 at 11:54 pm |
  40. Jeaps

Hope is not a plan. I want a president who has experience, not just rhetoric. I want a president who is a hard worker, wiling to tackle the problems facing us. I think that Elizabeth not being there speaks volumes.
    Since I think lack of universal health care is one of the most important issure facing us I will vote for Hillary even if I have to write her in.

May 14, 2008 at 11:54 pm |
  41. Ginger

After West Virginia, the democratic party probably pressured Edwards to make his decision. He did just say he was not going to endorse either candidate. He also might be a cabinet appointee or Vice President. Obama needs him to win in November. Without Edwards bringing the White working class, Obama will not win. Apparently the democratic party knows this. I was an Edwards suporter, but I still will not vote for Obama, I do not know enough about him, or where he stands on issues. He is to vague about the inportant issues in his speaches, Hope will not win an election.

May 14, 2008 at 11:54 pm |
  42. Urszula Krzych

I agree that Obama is an IDEA – however, what are his ideas on issues that are crucial to all of us. We simply do not know. As a Jew, I most likely will not vote for him; I sincerely regret that I will most likely not vote at all. I fully support HILLARY, although I am a highly educated woman.
    thanks

May 14, 2008 at 11:54 pm |
  43. mitchell

I just heard on TV that on your blog the majority still pulls for Clinton. That is the "name brand" of democrats. We are a new political force. To not for Obama in the general is "cutting off your nose ro spite your face." Seriously, do you really want to put us in another 4 years of that? We need to unite.
    Again, I am a 45 year old, white, first time voter from North Carolina.(Isn't it sad that i have to keep saying that).

May 14, 2008 at 11:53 pm |
  44. Gloria Ponce Rodriguez

I forgot to mention- Obama was against the WAR. He stood alone and I respect him for having another vision. If that vision was implemented, we would not be in all this economic choas. In the past 3 years, we lost 5 young men from one high school, Buchanan High in Clovis, CA. Usually it's a lot of a city, but one high school. it's scary. We want to stirve for peace if possible and if anyone can do it, . Obama can do that for this country.

May 14, 2008 at 11:53 pm |
  45. aaq

I'm proud that we have finally broken 'the mold' and got the first female nominee and the first black. However, I'm disappointed and frustrated to hear the discussions constantly coming back to the race and sex of the candidates. Argentina, India, Pakistan, Liberia, Israel, UK etc have all elected females decades before we, who tout democracy are ready to do so. I would like us to focus on the urgent issues facing our country more.
    Also,the constant reference to Obama as not being popular with 'white, working-class' , especially recently by Hillary Clinton worries me. Are they negating the fact that his mother and grandparents are white and were working-class? It reminds me of the saying that "1/8th drop of black makes a person 100% black". How insulting to his mother and grandparents to say they are not recognized as an integral part of him as a person. That is very divisive and I'm glad Hillary acknowledged that it was not the best thing to say. i hope we can allmove past the 'race' issue and focus on him being an American!!! If a white European walks in tomorrow and becomes a citizen, is he/she more American tha Obama because of the color of their skin? These are the things that simmer in black communities, so let's move and and UNITE!!! United we stand, divided we fall!!!

May 14, 2008 at 11:53 pm |
  46. Bsip

Hillary keeps saying that she will not get out of the race because of the people who have financially supported her. How many people with good sense will keep spending themselves into debt because someone gave them a few pennies? Apparenrtly not that many people have been supporting her because she is so deeply in debt.She is like a woman who stays with a man and he keeps abusing her. She thinks that he loves her. She needs to get a grip.

Also, the media keep trying to make Obama fit into a "peg" for the voters of West Virginia. There is no other excuse that they won't vote for him because he is an African American. There is nothing he can do about that. No matter what he does, it's not going to be good enough for them. They are poor and bitter. They know that he is not an "elitis" . They are jealous of his success. They wore born pure white. They were the ones who should have been successful. They don't understand how he can get where he has gotten to and they are laid off from factory jobs that they thought they owned. They were probably line leaders and supervisors in those plants. Their fathers and grandfathers worked there and now the jobs are gone. They really are bitter.

So let them stay at home or go and vote for McCain. In four more years we'll be having this same old sad song about gas, the economy and the war. They think there're hurting Obama but they are only hurting themselves.

May 14, 2008 at 11:52 pm |
  47. Lucy from Dana Point

Women have waited a life time to see a woman finally run for president. When Obama joined the race, it became a black man running for president and took the spotlight off of women.
    So sad to see this shift when he could have ran for vice-president and kept the democrats in office for 16 years. That's why he doesn't have the vote of white women over 50.

May 14, 2008 at 11:51 pm |
  48. AJ

This is such crap! Obama wins a state and he's all over the news and in papers everywhere...Hillary wins by 41% and the media ignores it in comparison to Obama! On top of that,Obama has to play the Edwards card to try and make up for the huge margin he lost to Hillary with! If Obama thinks he's getting my vote by offering Edwards VP he is sadly mistaken! I will either vote for the experienced candidate I believe in (HILLARY CLINTON) or McCain will get my vote period!

I am beyond tired of the sexist media hacks like Jack Cafferty constantly belittleing Hillary...It's Pathetic!

May 14, 2008 at 11:51 pm |
  49. Teri

I am saddened that John Edwards has decided to join the DNC and try to end the primaries. He should have waited another 3 weeks after all the primaries are done. It is amazing the DNC has taken away Michigans and West Virginia's votes because they voted too early, yet they don't want the rest of the votes to count even though the primaries aren't over yet. The DNC will be sorry when a Democrat loses in November. I will either vote for McCain or not vote because the DNC doesn't care about all voters.

May 14, 2008 at 11:50 pm |
  50. Shelley, IL

Gloria, What is up with bringing up ancient history? Sounds like you blame Hillary for the actions of her husband. I worry much less about whose sleeping with whom than I do about someone that has a self-proclaimed mentor who believes that America is to blame for the spread of HIV and the terrorist attacks of 9/11. I think that the whole idea of a mentor is identification of that person as someone who provides guidance and direction to your life.

May 14, 2008 at 11:49 pm |