April 30th, 2008

360° Interview with Michelle Obama on Wright controversy

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/04/30/art.michelleobama.jpg%5D
Hey Bloggers,

Just wanted to let you guys know about our program tonight:

AC360° will have the first primetime sit-down interview with Michelle Obama, wife of Presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama.

We’ll talk about how the re-ignited Rev. Jeremiah Wright controversy is affecting the family, her husband's campaign, and everything in between….

Join us tonight at 10p ET for the 360° interview

1. barry

it is over...john mccain will be our next president...thank you howard dean, nancy pelosi, harry reid, tom datchel ted kennedy, and dick durbin....

April 30, 2008 at 8:56 pm |
  2. Juan

What about the 700 Club, or any other Evangelical congregation with a pastor that fell from grace. Are the judgment of theses hundreds of thousands of people also in question?

April 30, 2008 at 8:51 pm |
  3. Annie Kate

I'm really tired of the Reverend Wright story and I don't see how this adds constructively to the conversation anyway. Are you going to interview Cindy McCain or Bill Clinton for equal time? Seems like a lot of free tv exposure for Obama and his campaign to have his main surrogate on.

Annie Kate
    Birmingham AL

April 30, 2008 at 8:48 pm |
  4. Nikki Strong

I agree with TESAP..seriously, all CNN cares about is the drama these days. If a Pastor or spiritual leader determines who we are than Catholics better watch out. There's been years of Child Molestation within the Church, and folks still go to Mass. So please give us a break on the Jeramiah Wright thing. Your an information station, so please give us information. You've turned into a side show. Give the American people a break. We're a lot smarter than you think we are. We know smoke screens when we see them. Get on with the issues of the Country. You seem to be dividing the Country every day. Get back on Track...

April 30, 2008 at 8:46 pm |
  5. Tea

People please get your information straight before you call someone a liar. It is obvious that alot of people are scared of change because they don't know what to expect. It has been proven that people will stay in a bad situation out of fear of what the change may be. I hope America can see through the fear and vote for a change in our country. If not I have alot of fear about what will be next. Another 4 years of business as usual and we may not have a country left to love.

April 30, 2008 at 8:45 pm |
  6. Qwaun

All this bitterness going on. we need to come together as a people. Stop trying to assasinate senator obama character. Is this what america about. if so we are no better than any communist country. one more thing rev wright was just preaching the everyday struggles of a black man. but white america doesnt want to hear that, thats why the media are doing what they are doing to obama. anderson cooper I watch the show all the time, keep up the good work.

April 30, 2008 at 8:44 pm |
  7. Pat Watson

There are people in our Country really hurting and yet the focus is on petty issues. The need for good sound leadership is here and now. The next President of the United States will have to do a great deal of damage control. I support Obama and I have respect for the Clinton's. I happen to think that Obama really can speak reality to the masses of people that are looking for HOPE and along with that some Solutions to Healing our Country both emotionally and economically.

April 30, 2008 at 8:44 pm |
  8. Sherri

It seems a little odd to me that Mrs. McCain is not doing sound bites about the issues facing the country. I get a really strong sense from Mrs. Obama that she is the real candidate in the family- which is fine- just get it out there and don't try and present it in a way so as to not appear to be running for president. I think this whole situation with Rev. Wright is disturbing, divisive and non productive. Yet again- the focus of the really key issues facing our country have been upstaged by theatrics. People are selling heirlooms and nearly everything else they own just to buy gas and food. The conditions are ripe for a repeat of the riots of 1968 and no one really wants to see that happen again. While I'm sure Mrs. Obama has an opinion on the Rev. Wright debacle, it would be refreshing to have her address other topics. Rev. Wrights' agenda is frightening and definitely causing the various entities he has lambasted on the defensive. His statement on the methodology of learning between the races is- ludicrous. This is not the way to build bonds and bridges.

April 30, 2008 at 8:40 pm |
  9. YIDIEL BEN YEHUDAH

This is TRULY a Sad Day for American Politics... Rev. Wright Spoke some Truth and I overstand why Obama has to disagree. Obama is a Politician... Rev. Wright is a Truth Pastor... (In the words of The Reverend) Obama and Rev. Wright are: "Different but not Deficient" from one another...LOL

April 30, 2008 at 8:34 pm |
  10. Pam from Canada

Dear Anderson,

I am so sorry for the terrible e-mails that people send you and I hope that you read mine. I feel you are a fair and honest journalist and you have my respect for telling the facts.

I do feel that Barack and Michelle have been persecuted for attending a church and finding out that their pastor is not the man they knew, my sympathy to them. I feel that the media has been a vulture at looking at Barack and Michelle under a microscope but unfortunately that is what happens when you are running for president. I wish them all the luck in their campaign and I know that the world is watching and they are concerned that Barack will not be elected as President. I guess we feel that he is the most honest of all the candidates. America needs to improve their relationships with the other country's, including Canada.

Please give Michelle my best and that I pray for her and her husband and their children everyday.

Pam

April 30, 2008 at 8:32 pm |
  11. linda in mississippi

It is unfortunate that the neither the Obama's nor Rev. Wright understood the nature of the 'beast' with whom they were dealing. The media has played this story daily in order to make sure that Sen Obama received continued negative publicity. The media would have continued to loop the same comments from Rev Wright, (even though the full context of the speeches indicates that there was more and the selective 'soundbytes' were not the thesis of the speeches), whether or not he tried to defend himself – which is what he did by going on PBS. That story was fuel for fodder, meant to be Sen Obama's undoing and the media was/is not about to let the story die. Those of us who have half a brain understand exactly what is happening here; as for the others of us who do not – God Help Us – if the American people are no smarter than this!

April 30, 2008 at 8:29 pm |
  12. Sally Porterfield

As a white woman who spent about 26 years with blacks, due to marrying a black man and being rejected by whites I think I can say the following: Louis Farakan and Jeremiah Wright are hate preaching people. They are, as Senator Obama has stated, caught up in an earlier time and not looking at the progress that is being made for black people in this country. I know both the white and black cultures well. I heard Jeremiah Wright state, "Louis Farakan didn't put me in chains, slavery or make me this color." Rev. Wright the only chains and slavery you have been in are in your mind and I take it you don't like your white skin color and features. How could you be so intelligent and without any wisdom whatsoever? If you were a wise man you would have kept your mouth shut and helped Senator Obama become the first black president. All you can think about is slavery and chains. You hate yourself and it shows Rev. Wright, it shows. I so dislike you for hurting Senator Obama's chances of becoming the first black president. Senator Obama was raised by his white mother and white grandparents. If anyone can claim discrimination it would be him because I know what he has faced. I have a daughter who is 28 years old. We have been through a lot of hard times with prejudiced people both black and white. Rev. Wright as the good Lord said, "There are none so blind as those who cannot see." I will pray for you and Mr. Farakan. And to the media: quit putting this arrogant, unwise, egomaniac on the air!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 30, 2008 at 8:28 pm |
  13. JONATHEN

With regards to “Rev Wrights” issue , If Obama should be accused of “guilt by association” what about Senator Clinton – She has been married to Clinton for some many years , and if she was surprised to learn about her husband’s (who had lied and was nearly impeached)weakness and character , how is going to be “good” “wise” President of the greatest nation in the world.
    Jonathen
    Singapore

April 30, 2008 at 8:27 pm |
  14. Rita California

I don't trust this woman. When Obama first entered the arena I didn't notice him too much and then I heard Michelle speak and watched her in the crowd. A kind of arrogance since she had a Kennedy on her arm.

I said to my friend, "something is not right here, I can feel it." Then her comments about not being proud of Americans, then Rev Wright and all this stuff..... now she's smiling yes, because Frist Lady is a title no girl would want to miss... but her husband is just too much of a pup to play with the big dogs. I want to wear Channel too, but first I have to work my way up.

Obama is moving too fast... I don't even hire people for my company with less than 5 years experience in an important position.

April 30, 2008 at 8:26 pm |
  15. Mauro from Austin TX

Give Me a Break....

I have attended church and have always known who my pastor is and what he preaches and stands for. To keep giving the public an excuse that Obama did not hear Wrights rhetoric or sermons where he talks about hate is a BIG FAT LIE!!!! Especially since he attended that church for 20 years. Again I'll say that for you people, 20 years...and yet he claims he never heard Wrights hateful sermons? Who is really falling for this? Not me.

In my church I new what my pastor stood for. If I missed a sermon I would hear about it via church tapes, videos or comments from other church goers. If my pastor felt strong about a certain subject I would know about it. I would not have to attend church every Sunday to know what my pastor stood for spiritually or what his ideology was. I'm sure after a fiery sermon members would be talking about that sermon for for weeks if not months. I'm sure Obama came across someone who had heard those sermons of Wright and shared them with him. Fiery sermons do have a tendency of being talked about and discussed in the congregation so I'm sure Obama heard them one way or another. You can't tell me in all those 20 years you never heard or new what your pastor stood for.

This is a pastor who only brings division in the name of "GOD" and for Obama to say that Wright was not his personal guru or mentor, again give me a break. Did not Wright marry him, baptize his children? I thought that before marrying someone usually people go for counseling, they receive spiritual guidance from their pastor and especially for Obama to have considered Wright as a member of his own family and yet we are given the excuse that he, Obama, did not know his pastor. Are people really buying this? Again I repeat "20 years".

April 30, 2008 at 8:26 pm |
  16. michael

Thanks Anderson for having Michelle Obama on. I love everything about the Obama's and everything they stand for. I've never been this excited about a presidential race. I look forward to seeing the Obama's in the white house next year!

April 30, 2008 at 8:23 pm |
  17. Kesha

Can someone please explain to me why no one is mentioning that Rev Wright is retired from his church? Which says to me not only does Obama disagree with what he said but his congregation does too. Also why has the media out played the nonsense of Rev Wright and attached it to Obama? What happen to the all the media coverage on why Clinton told thoses lies and how her husband called her old and out of touch?

April 30, 2008 at 8:18 pm |
  18. Craig Burgener

You are giving Michelle Obama a platform so I want to hear real
    hard questions! Like what did she mean when she said that this is the first time in her life she's proud to be an American?
    Is this what she learned from Rev Wright, Please explaine what you
    really mean by that comment! Of course you in the media are afraid to ask hard question, you really don't do your jobs and your Obama bias
    comes out! Thanks Craig B. AZ

April 30, 2008 at 8:16 pm |
  19. Helen

I hope that you ask her about issues of today. Rev. Wright is not running for office. I hope CNN and the other major stations stop running him down. Don't you have other concerns like people suffering, no jobs and the lies told to the American people.
    That same old politics. All old politicians (over 50) need to retire from office.

April 30, 2008 at 8:15 pm |
  20. zz

This issue is not about Rev. Wright.

This issue is about "give me a reason, any reason ,to vote against Obama".

Hillary is betting her campaign on the fact that when "the rubber mets the road", working class whites (blue collar) won't really vote for a black president.

Instead of appealing to the best of human nature she hopes for the worst because it is the only chance she has of getting elected.

Does anyone want to be held responsible for the words of others in which they have no control?

Why did he not leave that church?

Obama was a man without a culture. He is genotypically mixed but phenotypically black. He was raised in a white cultural environment.
    Because of his appearance he had to choose the black culture although he knew nothing about it. I believe that this church was his learning instrument and source of identity and acceptance. It would have been hard for him to leave.

He probably heard some of these inflammatory sermons. Some of Rev. Wrights comments, although inflammatory, were true. His other comments were probably dismissed as rantings of a old man who has lived through some hard times.

Obama seeks to inspire people to rise above racial and other differences and embrace a universal commonality. After growing up trapped between two races himself, I believe, he feels this is the only way this country can move forward.

April 30, 2008 at 8:12 pm |
  21. SBvoter

Please don't treat her with kid gloves. Ask her the tough questions.
    WHY DID YOU STAY THERE 20 YEARS?
    WE CAN'T POSSIBLY BELEIVE YOU NEVER HEARD HIM SAY THESE REMARKS-EVER? GIVE ME A BREAK!

April 30, 2008 at 8:11 pm |
  22. Belle-Seattle

So, she's gonna come in and take over the "explaining" since her hubby made such a mess of it with his evolving explanations.

April 30, 2008 at 8:09 pm |
  23. rose marchak

lets move on to the real issues of this country–gas–homes lost -job lost- Are we not all american -we need to get back on track to be the wonderful country we are and can be better--as for wright as he said God willl judge him - like us all– and thats the WHOLE WORLD–
    MAY WE HAVE PEACE SO WE CAN BE THE PEOPLE WE ARE AND SHOULD BE...REUNITED FOR THE BENEFIT OF ALL

R MARCHAK

April 30, 2008 at 8:04 pm |
  24. Dori in AZ

Yet to meet the perfect person, much less the perfect couple or perfect family or perfect group of any kind. Lot of PRETENDERS out there, and those individuals & groups protest vehemently. But, scratch their surfaces & all kinds of things are waiting to emerge. Former NY Gov. Spitzer is a glaring example!

Generally "safe" to lash out because most people aren't required to unveil their own selves, family, friends, colleagues, religious or other affiliations, & acquaintances circles to public scrutiny.

If they did, they'd plunge into deep wells of their own & others' secrets, unknowns & barely knowns, and there'd be a multitude of things that would NEVER be known. Just the way life is. Many wouldn't recover from the shocks, shames, or embarrassments when the truth finds a voice.

I believe in Barack Obama & I will vote for him. Rev. Wright is a non-issue to me. Prefer to focus on the truly serious & time sensitive issues that are critical to our well-being & survival. Like our nation's almost overwhelming magnitude of problems. And, our dying planet.

April 30, 2008 at 8:00 pm |
  25. Scott

A Master Strategic Move?
    If so, brilliant. The Wright issue was going to haunt Obama throughout the campaign. What better way to close it out than to have Wright speak out even further allowing Obama to fully distance himself and in effect denounce Wright. He really couldn’t do it with the sound bites prior. Now he can and did. Maybe Wright is a team player. Gets national coverage and Obama gets an out. Both win. Well maybe, I see initial polls today show Clinton closing the gap.

April 30, 2008 at 7:57 pm |
  26. Katrina

I find it hard to believe that after 20 + years Obama is just now hearing what his pastor really thinks. Either he never went to church or he sat in the back row and slept. If Obama is like a son to the Rev, then Obama knew, he knew the thoughts of his pastor. If this is not a big deal to people then people really are spellbound. Obama spent 20 + years at the feet of this pastor. His judgement should be called into question.

April 30, 2008 at 7:53 pm |
  27. JC

It's so apparent that Barack Obama is no leader at all but rather a follower; he followed Rev. Wright for twenty years and most likely followed his wife to Rev. Wright; now his wife has to come to his defense; this guy writes memoirs without having done anything of note; then references said books in his speeches; Barack looked so weak and meek when he tried to address the Rev. Wright issue; now, he has to have his wife do damage control and stand up for him; he talks about bringing people together yet aligns with a separatist church; he wants blacks to have a voice but is crushed by the voice of a black; if he wants change, he and Michelle should look within.

April 30, 2008 at 7:49 pm |
  28. Mary

We have not been exposed much to Michelle OBama during this campaign, and she could potentially be our next 1st lady. Anderson, will you please ask her some questions about her life, her ideologies, her strengths. She is a very accomplished educated woman. Anderson, I hope you can ask her more than just questions about this ongoing drama with Rev Wright. Looking forward to the show!

April 30, 2008 at 7:49 pm |
  29. Amber

My family and I are more involved with politics than ever before. I am a republican female from Georgia , The Bible Belt" . After meeting Barack Obama I have changed my views and have decided to vote for Barack even after his controversy with Rev. Wright. I believe in his respect for our country and his decision to run for president because he wants change in America. I can understand why an African-American woman might say, "This is the first time I've been proud of America. " Who are we to know what her experiences have been as a black woman.? I am not black therfore I have no idea what it's like to be treated with discrimination. Let's face the facts, our country was built by African Americans providing 100 + years of free labor only to surcome to Jim Crow laws and segregation. It's time for America to respect the views of others and realize that different does not mean deficient.

April 30, 2008 at 7:49 pm |
  30. William

I can see how Obama didn't know this side of Wright. It was not until Obama became a true force did Wright become crazy. His earlier sermons were not that bizarre if taken in context

Goddam America only meant that God would hold America accountable. He even half-apologized in that sermon.

America and AIDS is looney, but for his generation I can see him thinking it's possible.

Farakkan is a nut, but Wright claimed Farrakan hadn't said anything really crazy in 20 years. I disagree, plus that wouldn't excuse those things.

Wright is an egotisical nut that needed to be under the bus. Now he is, and if Wright had emerged in this way after Obama's Philly speech, it would have happened sooner.

April 30, 2008 at 7:46 pm |
  31. robby f.

I'm trying to figure out just what it is that Obama is about myself. I hear how it is time for a change, but a change for what. I'm sick of hearing about the war and how he was against it from the beginning. I'm still waiting for one of these candidates (any of the three) to step up to the plate and talk about what they plan on doing for our country. We seem to be able to talk about foreign policy and how to make things better but yet to talk about doing something to help americans be able to make ends meet, like pull up to the gas pump and actually be able to fill the whole tank up or go to the grocery store and buy enough groceries for a whole week. I understand health insurance is a big need , but even if it was dirt cheap, a lot of americans couldn't afford still. I hope someone, whether it be McCain or one of the democrats would explain to the american people what they plan on doing to help fight the rising cost to live in this country. Obama is right it is time for a change, I'm just not sure if any of the three are the one to make that change.

April 30, 2008 at 7:46 pm |
  32. Lesage

Obama speaks from his heart and know for sure what he wants to do with our country, for all of you who says you would rather vote for Mccain instead of Obama, what your basicaly saying is you would rather have Bush in power for another four years, while everythng is more expensive, and we losing all of our jobs, so we should really think before saying these kind of comments.

April 30, 2008 at 7:45 pm |
  33. Jacqueline

By the way,

The Clintons have A LOT MORE skeletons in theirs closets (I could name a handful) that you at CNN and rest of the Media is not touching. Why is that? why aren't you going after them with such ferocity? why are you so unbalanced? What say you?

April 30, 2008 at 7:44 pm |
  34. Sarah Erk

We've been getting to know Barak Obama and Hillary Clinton quite a bit with this lengthy primary for the democrats. I'd appreciate more coverage on John McCain. There is a lot I don't know about him since he's sort of in the background right now. It's frustrating to want to know what's going on with his campaign, and to only get a short snippet at the end of the broadcast. This seems to be the case with most of the main stream media, not just CNN.

April 30, 2008 at 7:44 pm |
  35. Ransom

This whole election process is making me sick. This nation desperately needs to come together and put aside all the bitter (yes bitter) divisive retoric (liberal conservative black white ad naseum). Obama provided this nation with a real chance to do just that. He's right this process starts with us and can't happen without us. Apparantly the biotry on all sides just won't let it happen. It's sad but it looks like we aren't ready.

Instead many of you want to send a person who has no interest whatsoever in the citizens of this country and would say anything do anything to be president.. It's no wonder this country is in the shape it is.

April 30, 2008 at 7:41 pm |
  36. Christine

Why are you wasting time on this woman? Really most people don't care what she has to say anymore. She really should leave America. You know she has never been proud of America.

I feel she and her husband knew who and what Rev. Wright is and always was. They probably agreed with it UNTIL it all became public.

So now maybe they can go away and keep their promise not to seek the presidental nomination again. Please remind her of that.

April 30, 2008 at 7:37 pm |
  37. Kimberly

I don't understand how people can say " They still don't know Obama or what he believes in" They must have laptops or computers since they are leaving comments on a web page. Get with the game people it's called google.

April 30, 2008 at 7:36 pm |
  38. Kathy, Andover

I look forward to Michelle's interview. I'M WITH BARACK & YOU ALL THE WAY, MICHELLE!

April 30, 2008 at 7:35 pm |
  39. Karen

Mrs. Obama is a true American success story and Inspriation!
    It will be GREAT to hear from her on Any subject!

April 30, 2008 at 7:33 pm |
  40. Jimmy Stuart

PEOPLE ! Keep It real look at what the old Rev. has said , BE proud,Stay focus,Hate not,Uplift your race,Be your brothers keeper,The knowledge GOD have granted you with ,pass it on too the next man. Thers not a church In OUR GREAT COUNTRY that dont have different outlooks on the treatment of indivilals.Each race teaches It'speople that they are the the most important why not the BLACK race.MR.& MRS OBAMA STAND TALL STAND PROUD you are the dream of millions of AMERICANS an they are not all black, I am BLACK an I truley understand Mr Wright.

April 30, 2008 at 7:31 pm |
  41. Steven

O.K. Obama ( A Nobody), arrives in Chicago about twenty years ago. He is taken in by Rev. Wright and supported by his congregation to the point he is elected a Senator. Obama is also guided and uses Rev. Wright political contacts such as Louis Farrakan, Trinity Church, and Chicago's Black community to rise to a position where he is seen as a viable candidate for President. Now he feels that he's got everything sewn up, he feels that he is superior to these folks and no longer need them. He says, apparently I never knew you and apparently you never knew me. So you tell me. Who should be denouncing who??

April 30, 2008 at 7:28 pm |
  42. Ann

Michelle Obama is without doubt a dignified and able woman. A real role model for women everywhere. I would be thrilled to see her as the first lady. However, remember the country is voting for a President in November and not voting for the dependant's spouse.

April 30, 2008 at 7:26 pm |
  43. Larry

Why don't you Canadians leave our elections alone; we don't go around telling you who to vote for your country.

April 30, 2008 at 7:23 pm |
  44. Linda

For those of you seeking policy-related answers from Michelle Obama, a friendly reminder she is NOT the presidential candidate (her husband is). We should compliment Mrs. Obama's knowledge base and compassion as it stands. You people are used to Hillary Clinton who competed with her husband's presidency!

I surely cannot be expect to address any questions about my husband's profession (physics).

April 30, 2008 at 7:21 pm |
  45. Giselle, Atlanta

I commiserate with Michelle and Barack. They are sophisticated, ivy league educated individuals who wanted to be productive people of faith and role models within the black community, so they chose to become members of the most socially progressive church in the community.

I don't care how many degrees JW has or how many books he's written, there is a palpable intellectual gap between the Obamas and their pastor. But rather than thinking themselves "above" this pastor whose church was doing great things in the community, they wanted to remain engaged and probably thought that they could help educate him about socioeconomic and political issues as he educated them about spiritual matters. Unfortunately, the most intractable ignorance is that which is ignorant of itself

So, JW probably might have espoused some of his misguided views from time to time during their relationship and the Obama's probably tried to re-educate him. He wouldn't challenge them too much because they were valued parishoners and the "ivy league educated" parties in the equation; but he secretly held on to his views and when he gets upset out they come.

Wright talks about healing; but he counterproductively revels in fingerpointing and paranoid presumptions. Obama talks about healing and he very intelligently knows that that requires moving forward, not looking back. Being positive and hopeful, not negative and accusatory. I am quite sure that this has been his soft spoken dialogue with his former pastor if these issues ever came up between the two of them. Wright didn't get it. He thinks that he is omniscient.

This situation reminds me of a short story that I read in Freshman Lit. The protagonist's belief was that...In the Country of the Blind, the One -eyed Man is King...what he discovered was that the blind people that he stumbled upon were functioning so well in their blindness that they decided that his comments about vision were delusional and probably a result of the soft round objects on his face...his eyes. They wanted to pluck out the offensive objects. He ran away, of course.

April 30, 2008 at 7:17 pm |
  46. Barbara Smith

Barack Obama need to stay focused and not get caught up in all the distractions.

Obama has made his views very clear and I still support him. Wright's views are irrelevant and the public's support should not be swayed by Wright's views.

Obama's views on important issues like war, economy, education and etc. has not changed.

Obama had the lead in popular and superdlegate votes because of his views; therefore, he should still have the lead in them.

Michelle is suppose to support her husband. Keep up the good work Michelle and Barrack!

April 30, 2008 at 7:17 pm |
  47. Jay

A church is a place to get together for spiritual peace. However if this church has a pastor like Wright – it should not be blamed on Obama. With a pastor who is babbling ing for a few minutes is definitely entertaining and does not warrant to change life-styles or churches. We all understand that Obama is trying to make a name for himself. But lets be honest – who isn’t – is Hillary really any different??? Lets not let a silly incident cover Hillary’s past ( and present baggage – ties with corporations, foreign dignitaries etc). Lets focus on the main issues the economy is facing and select the best candidate to bring about “CHANGE”.

Go Obama….all the way!!!

April 30, 2008 at 7:16 pm |
  48. Dell

Wow, it's amazing how racist we are in this country. It is awful. Hillary is no lady, but I could never hate her b/c she is white. I am pretty saddened to be an American. The racisim is seething like venom from Rev Wright to folk like Danielle. So, so sad. Let's get back to the issues. We still have to rear our kids in this place called America.

April 30, 2008 at 7:14 pm |
  49. Cynthia

The more the media and bloggers spew negativity – the more I like the Obama's. I truly believe that Senator Obama wants to bring this country together and do good works for it. When the Lord is for you the world can't do you no harm. God Bless America

April 30, 2008 at 7:11 pm |
  50. LindaJ

"The thing that troubles me the most is that Rev. Wright may be “right” when he says that Obama is a “politician”. "

After months of Obama's performance in this campaign there can be little doubt that Rev. Wright nailed it with that one.

April 30, 2008 at 7:10 pm |