April 29th, 2008

They gave him money to fix his house. Now they want it back.

New Orleans residents affected by Katrina may have to pay back the money they were given in grants.

Randi Kaye
360° Correspondent

Every time I go to do a story in New Orleans I hold onto a little piece of hope that things are going to be better this time.

That the community is going to be more healed, that the town is going to look more alive, and that the programs put in place to help homeowners are actually doing so.

Well, I should have known better.

Imagine this: Louisiana residents – after all they’ve been through and all they’ve lost – are now being billed by the state for nearly $200 million!

Yes – you read that right, $200 million.

Why? Well – it turns out the contractor hired by the state to dole out federal dollars designed to help homeowners rebuild... uh... well... how do I say this... OVERESTIMATED!!

The contractor, ICF International, may have overpaid as many as 5000 residents. In other words, the state gave these people too much grant money after state inspectors estimated home damages.

In all, homeowners could be asked to pay up $175 million. Some families could be on the hook for $150,000 each!

I interviewed a New Orleans man named John Montegut who had spent about $100,000 repairing his home. About $20,000 of it was from a state grant, part of that federally funded Road Home program to aid homeowners. Well, he just got a bill in the mail for $13,000 from the state telling him they’d overestimated his grant payment.

How’d that happen? Montegut told me the state’s inspector included in his damage claim the repair of six skylights (he doesn’t have any skylights!!) and the replacement of 22 windows which were far above the water levels and completely unharmed. Montegut says the inspector was in his house for five minutes and he was not allowed to see the damage claim so had no way of knowing what was included.

Here’s the killer: Montegut doesn’t have the money to pay the state. He spent that money fixing up his house. But he and every other homeowner who got a grant signed a contract with ICF agreeing to pay money back if overpayments were later discovered. Now remember, he wasn’t even allowed to see his paperwork. Montegut told me he never expected he’d owe the state money. But it turns out the actual cost of repairing his house was far greater than the grant anyway.

The contractor, ICF, told us it is a federally funded program and the state is demanding that it ask for repayments. ICF is promising a “compassionate process” and says it doesn’t expect a large number of families to be affected but we’ve learned from an advocate for the homeowners about 300 families have already been billed. The state plans to fine ICF for its mistakes and it plans to hire an auditor to review every case.

Is it cruel, as homeowners have said, to ask residents for money back after all their suffering following Hurricane Katrina? Or, as resident John Montegut told me, “They (ICF) made mistakes all along, why should people suffer?” What do you think? We'd like to know.

Program Note: See Randi Kaye's “Keeping them Honest” report on AC360 tonight at 10pm.

1. Okie

I don’t understand for the life of me why most everyone I talk to thinks that it is the government’s job to rebuild these houses? My folks live in Moore, OK and went through the destruction of the 99 tornado and not for one minute did we think anything or anyone should build or fix the property other then OUR hard work and doing without was going to rebuild. What happened to survival of the fittest? I know it sounds cruel but really is it? It’s just life and I guess if you think this is all there is to it, then yes it does seem cruel and sad. Man up and take care of your own, quite depending on everyone else.

April 29, 2008 at 3:24 pm |
  2. Jennifer Austin, TX

If the company (ICF) had any ethics or honor THEY would repay the overages in compansation given to these people. It was their inspectors that made these mistakes. I can not imagine what they are going through.

April 29, 2008 at 3:24 pm |
  3. john Chaillot

I lived in NOLA for 25 years and yes I was there during the 2005 storm. Regretfully this is typical of the State and Local governments. But what a town!

April 29, 2008 at 3:24 pm |
  4. Janelle

Cindy, your comment is ignorant. This about a federally funded contractor scewing up, not the city of new orleans. have some sympathy for the people of new orleans who are the true victims of continous government blunders.

April 29, 2008 at 3:23 pm |
  5. Jen

As much as I have sympathy for citizens who have suffered so much, are you telling me that they signed legal paperwork without even looking at it? If someone tells me, "sorry, you're not allowed to look at your estimates, but please sign here," I'd tell them "no freaking way!" This situation is ridiculous, unfair, and unbelievable, but there's something to be said for reasonable suspicion on the part of the residents when it comes to dealing with the government. They should have that part down pat by now, at least.

April 29, 2008 at 3:23 pm |
  6. William Hanson, Winston-Salem, NC

Why is it that the government is the "bad guy" here? Isn't it one's own responsibility to insure your house against disasters? The dumbest thing is to build a city in a hole with insufficient levees to hold back water and it 's even dumber for a homeowner to build a house in that hole. Why is my tax money going to pay for all this dumbness? You might call me cold and cruel to say these things, but I'm sick and tired of bailing out dumb people. Consequences to every decision we make and New Orleans will get flooded again and again. So we're throwing good money after bad. Now this is DUMB!

April 29, 2008 at 3:23 pm |
  7. Rob, Oregon

What an outrage. Yet again the People of New Orleans are suffering at the hands of an incompetent Governmental agency. I believe that ICF should be held accountable for the loss not the homeowners. Punish the one who actually made the mistake. It is time that the victims stop being taken advantage of.

April 29, 2008 at 3:21 pm |
  8. Me

What's more shameful is that almost 3 yrs later, the gov't is still paying for housing for victims still here in Houston. I feel like a victim, too. My hard-earned $ going to someone who has had free housing for 3 yrs?! C'mon, man...GET A JOB!! If you can't work here in Houston, you're just plain LAZY!

April 29, 2008 at 3:21 pm |
  9. Johnston

The AC360 team has been dedicated to telling the story of the storm victims and the Bush Admin’s botched response from he beginning – which is why it’s disappointing to see that someone didn’t do their homework on this story. Two of my neighbors work for the Road Home contractor, and volunteered for temporary reassignment to Louisiana – away from their own children – because they believe in helping these families get back in their homes. Instead of acknowledging their 16-hour workdays, or the monumental recovery effort, or that the state has been constantly moving the goalposts in response to political pressure, the reporter chose to discredit the work of so many dedicated Americans working nonstop to get help to the victims. Did anyone bother to find out the rate of accuracy, or talk to the majority of people who received their correct grants? Yes, it is a terrible prospect to face repaying part of a grant, and I hope no one tries to minimize that – but in the real world of limited resources and only 24 hours in the day, would families prefer to wait to get any money until 100% of grants are triple-checked, or to get funds sooner with the knowledge that a minority will need to be adjusted? One day an investigative reporter will actually do their homework and put these pieces together, and I hope Randi and Anderson won't have egg on their faces.

If you’re looking for another story idea, I might suggest visiting some of the people who fraudulently applied for grants and messed things up for the law-abiding citizens – the attorney general can get you a list of those.

April 29, 2008 at 3:21 pm |
  10. Deborah

Unfornately, if they were overpaid, they should pay the State back – otherwise they are getting free money. I think the State should split the difference at least though.

April 29, 2008 at 3:21 pm |
  11. Kim/AR

This is an unfortunate circumstance but I'm having a hard time feeling bad about this particular incident. The entire Katrina debacle started before the hurricane even struck. Inner city residents refused to take the transportation offered, then had to be rescued. The shelter situation was horrific. FEMA screwed up. Housing and shelter were offered to many refugees (at no charge, I might add) who insisted that they be given better living quarters rather than be grateful for those they received. Alot of those living quarters were better than what they lost. Didn't those people get checks pretty quickly too? And was that money spent on food and temporary housing or was it spent on flat panel television sets? And don't forget about the loooting that took place soon after the disaster. Yessir...I'm having a hard time feeling compassion about over-estimates of damage.

April 29, 2008 at 3:20 pm |
  12. Joe

ICF screwed up. ICF should eat the bill.

My thinking is that if the homeowners didn't get to verify the appraisal (and who would know better what the homes had than the owners?) then the entire appraisals were null and void, but in the interest of appearing capable, the government didn't do any double checking either, so the fault lies somewhere between ICF and the government.

The homeowners should be allowed to appeal the repayments with appraisals and bills they've already handled from licensed contractors in the region to show what they've already paid out or what is still needed to rebuild.

April 29, 2008 at 3:20 pm |
  13. D. Armo.

I was paid too much by Social Security when I first started receiving the benefits. I was threatened if I didn't pay it back bad things would happen. I paid it back immediately. That's life. You owe something, you pay up. Being overpaid comes with no entitlement that you get to keep it.

April 29, 2008 at 3:20 pm |
  14. Rich in MD

There is only one solution. Get George Bush to declare war on New Orleans, and then tons of Federal Government $$$ will flow to them afterwards. Look how well it works in Iraq!

April 29, 2008 at 3:19 pm |
  15. Steve

This makes me ill. Meanwhile, our government spends literally billions upon billions of dollars on weapons systems the pentagon hasn't asked for, on military contractors that defraud the government or who provide the same services as our military should for 4x the price, and give tax breaks to oil companies to "encourage exploration." (As though $120 oil isn't enough incentive.) We stop auditing the tax returns of the rich and of corporations, and then hire folks to persecute these poor victims who should be suing our government for its dereliction. This country's priorities have gotten frighteningly and sickeningly perverted in ways that could bring us all to our knees. You can be sure that if Osama had done this to NO, we would have gotten them on their feet. But since it was Katrina, we just spend the $$ to get the Iraqis on their feet, and can't even do that. We've dug ourselves into a moral and financial hole that we may never emerge from.

April 29, 2008 at 3:19 pm |
  16. Pandora

I think that it's a shame for the State of Louisiana to ask them for a dime back! First of all it isn't the citizens of New Orleans fault that the State made a mistake. I think that ICF International should be made to pay back all of that money!

It's just a shame! The way that the Hurricane Katrina victims have been treated is a darn shame! Nobody, especially American Citizens should be treated that way!

For anyone that has not needed the government to assist you in any way, trust me when I say that your day is coming and you will one day need them for something! Just remember to look back on how this country treated it's citizens since hurricane Katrina. You should know that they will NOT treat you any better!

April 29, 2008 at 3:19 pm |
  17. Dan

Can anyone tell me where it says that the government owes them, or any disaster victim, anything? The government does this out of caring for the people but whenever they do they get yelled at and blamed. Maybe they should just wrap it up and use the money on something else, like schools. People need to remember that the citizens of New Orleans chose to live below sea level. There is a reason we call it sea level, that's where the sea goes. If you take the risk to live below sea level then you need to expect that this can happen. People complain about the damns and water control systems failed. They were rated for a Cat 3 hurricane, Katrina was Cat 5. So what do we do? Blame the Army Core of Engineers. Here are a group of people smarter than 99% of the people who read this page and all you can do is blame them for building a system that failed exactly when they said it would. It's like the Space Shuttle Challenger. The engineers said, "Don't fly in this cold weather, she won't hold" and they flew anyways. What happens, blame the engineers. People need to start taking personal responsibility for their choices. I'm not against helping people, just show a little gratitude for goodness sakes. Don't come outside and shoot automatic weapons at relief helicopters.

April 29, 2008 at 3:18 pm |
  18. jennifer

I can't even think about New Orleans anymore without getting a pit in my stomach. When will the American people stand up and be smart enough to elect a government that works for the people?!

April 29, 2008 at 3:18 pm |
  19. Kyle

Why is this even a news story? When did someone have the idea they get to keep "extra" taxpayer money? Clearly ICF did not do a good job but that doesn't entitle homeowners to keep the funds. A good steward of taxpayer dollars will require the homeowners to give back the extra funds and then allow the homeowners to sue ICF. It just is amazing that 360 thought this is an example of how the folks in New Orleans are being victimized. The real victim here is the taxpayer who will wind up paying more to a homeowner for skylights they didn't have and windows that were not damaged. Give me a break.

April 29, 2008 at 3:16 pm |
  20. Allison

I think that is terrible and horrific that any of the citizens of New Orleans should have to pay the state back any money. It was not their fault at all, it was the inspectors' and state's fault. The New Orleans community has gone through many emotions and a lot of money to repair buildings, houses, and not only physical stuff but emotion problems too! They lost a lot and now the state wants them to pay it back? That is not right. I say to all the people living there to fight back!

April 29, 2008 at 3:15 pm |
  21. Scott

I think it is outrageous that the residents of New Orleans and Louisiana would have to have any personal responsibility for what they signed. You can't have people be completely supported by the government almost their entire life and then be forced to be responsible. What is the federal government thinking? These people just need boatloads of money, because money solves everything. Especially personal responsibility for what you sign for, like fictitious skylights.

April 29, 2008 at 3:14 pm |
  22. CL

I'm disgusted.

April 29, 2008 at 3:14 pm |
  23. Elaine

Now how is it that a home inspector can inspect a home damaged to such magnitude in only five minutes and still manage to fill out the undoubtedly lengthy damage claim form? And how was it that this inspector wouldn't ALLOW the home owner to verify his report? This reeks of poor management, poor organization, an outrageous lack of checks and balances and not a little dishonesty! And why was the state so quick to bill the residents first? Why not fine ICF the amount they overestimated? Why not audit every case and THEN send out the bill according to the audit's findings? I recognize that a signed document is legal and binding, but what happened to all the compassion? This seems more like "Indian-Giving" to me.

April 29, 2008 at 3:14 pm |
  24. mike jay

I worked down there after the Hurricanes hit. Rita and Katrina devastated much more than New Orleans. I agree many many people deserve much more help than given. The state should not have the right to make these demands. They should go after the contractors who failed miserably and pocketed 100's and 1000's of government money. Phillip and Jordans relationship with Northern should be a great place for Mr. Cooper to start. And could someone please send a crew out to see if Southwestern LA. has rebuilt yet. New Orleans at least had buildings standing afterward.

April 29, 2008 at 3:13 pm |
  25. Joshua Cacopardo

I first went to NOLA in April 2006 to do disaster relief (roughly eight months after Katrina) and I returned last week for another round of demolition. I was appalled to see how much demo still has to be done. Turns out that these government inspectors won't appraise these houses until they've been completely gutted (I'm talking nails out of the walls and everything). We worked on one house in the Seventh Ward that was noticeably sinking in the middle, the door frames all leaning to one side or another, depending on which side of the house you were on. We worried at one point that the house would actually fall in on us. Yet this family has received NO financial assistance yet, and won't until the house can be assessed. The continued mishandling of the Katrina victims is atrocious and a disgrace to all that this country is supposed to stand for.

April 29, 2008 at 3:13 pm |
  26. Andy

Why aren"t the people from ICF being charged with fraud?

April 29, 2008 at 3:12 pm |
  27. Jim

I lived through Katrina, lost my wife following Katrina, realized nothing from FEMA, Louisiana, the City or Parish I lived in, I now live in Houston and will never go back, you can bet that somehow, someway the Louisiana politicians will profit from this, it is the most uncaring state system anywhere in the US always has been and always will be, sadly it could be a great place to live but for the politics.

April 29, 2008 at 3:12 pm |
  28. MC in TX

If the recipients weren't allowed to view damage estimates on their own homes, then they had no way of knowing whether the estimates contained correct information. Had Mr. Montegut been able to view the damage estimate on his home, he could have corrected the information about the skylights and windows above water level, and he likely wouldn't be in this situation.

It seems patently unfair to demand that he – or other Katrina vctims – repay home repair funds when the victims weren't allowed to see the initial estimate and agree that the information was correct.

April 29, 2008 at 3:12 pm |
  29. Wes Brumwell

...so once again our federal government shows it's ability to handle our money! Where was the federal oversight of ICF? It evidently is good government to converse with buddies on a Virginia golf course about how well things are going in Louisiana. And I'm sure once again the tax-payer will foot the bill instead of the contractor who screwed up. I wonder how many degrees of separation there was this time?

April 29, 2008 at 3:10 pm |
  30. Braden

On the one hand, if you signed the paperwork saying you'd repay any overpayments, you should have to repay. On the other hand, if ICF never let anyone look at the estimates, then I struggle with holding homeowners responsible for mistakes that resulted in overpayments. In the end, I think ICF should eat the difference. Their shoddy practices (which I'm sure were designed to save them time and money and net the company more profit) led what can only be described as a systemic issue (5,000 mistakes is not someone having a bad day). I know we need to hold people accountable for their mistakes, but we need to do the same for corporations.

April 29, 2008 at 3:10 pm |
  31. Emily

I just got back from a trip to NOLA yesterday. I had never been. I was amazed by the fervor of the people- the laughter, the smiles, and the resolve to rebuild and be as they were.
    Then I was deeply saddened to see all that still lies untouched in and around the city. The Lower 9th ward is like a ghost town- these people didn't have money for regular home upkeep- let alone mass-destruction rebuild. People still live in tents under bridges- almost 3 years later! One man, surrounded by all his posessions- has to guard them day and night.
    People are being robbed and pillaged by the government in New Orleans- project residents being thrown out and not allowed to retrieve their belongings so that revenue-generating condos can be built. Forget that you're displacing many poor people- they are taking their belongings and personal memories. These are projects that did NOT have damage from the hurricane- yet that was the excuse to keep them out after the evacuation. Metal plates attached to the brick walls over windows so they cannot be broken into.
    I think U.S. money could be much better spent to help raise these people up- if ICF overestimated so grossly- then THEY should be fined- not the people of NOLA who could not and cannot defend themselves. I'm so angry I can't even complete one direct thought- there are so many tangents and I can't believe this is AMERICA we are talking about. Our government has FAILED and LIED on too many occassions with respect to New Orleans and it is high time that all those involved be held accountable.

April 29, 2008 at 3:10 pm |
  32. Casi, TX

To me, it seems that if the state is hitting ICF with penalties, they should just get the $1.75 million from them & be done with it. It's not the homeowners' fault that the estimates were overblown (I'm sure that was done to line someone's pockets), so why make them pay??? Give these people a break already!

April 29, 2008 at 3:09 pm |
  33. matt

non stop fraud, waste and abuse at all levels from homeowners to govt agencies and the ineptitude of the civil service system and its contractors have once again done a wonderful job.

April 29, 2008 at 3:07 pm |
  34. Andy

I'd like to know where Cindy is from and who she thinks she is to judge the people of New Orleans. People who for decades have been working to make NOLA, in my mind the most culturally signifigant city in this country, a better place. For some reason, I have a feeling that Cindy is not from a place that has struggled to deal with the poverty levels that NOLA has for so long.

April 29, 2008 at 3:07 pm |
  35. Lilibeth

This suspiciously sounds like the "Walmart story" that happened recently, in which the victims were asked to return the money paid to them. I hope the hurricane victims get the same outcome and get to keep the money. Please continue to follow this story.

Lilibeth
    Edmonds, Washington

April 29, 2008 at 3:07 pm |
  36. Cindy

I left the only home I ever knew after 58 years since Katrina. There is not a day that goes by that I realize I did the right thing. New Orleans will never be the same. People that stay there will have no quality of life. If you are into beer, pick-up trucks, no education and partying...then move on down. I am thrilled that I moved after Hurricane Katrina and this article validates it all. I don't even want to visit any lonter.

April 29, 2008 at 3:06 pm |
  37. Natalie

Committment. One thing that our government is lacking in regards to being committed to their citizens. I read a news article about these innocent and exploited individuals a few months ago.

I find it extremely offensive that our government can spent billions of dollars to defend other nations, but they can't seem to take care of their own kind.

The constitution grants any citizen in the United States the right to "life liberty and the PURSUIT of happiness. It doesn't guarantee it, nor does it say that it will provide it. Americans must make sure that they take care of themselves because the government will not take care of innocent hard working Americans.

April 29, 2008 at 3:06 pm |
  38. Julie, Seattle

Give these poor people a break! It's totally ridiculous! The Katrina victims have already suffered so much and are just trying to
    re-build and have a place to call home agai. This mistake wa made do to no fault of their own, and the State expects them to pay money back! Most of these people won't have the money to pay it back, and what are they expected to loose their homes all over again! I feel the state due to their lack of organziation or planning should have to suck it up!

April 29, 2008 at 3:06 pm |
  39. Chris Greene

This is a sickening situation. The familys that spent the money on rebuildind their homes should owe nothing, ( ICF should eat it) however the familys that bought the flat screen tvs louis vitton purses and xbox 360's ( like the one family in the hotel room on, I think it was a CNN special who so proudly showed all the new electronics they purchased with the releif money, and who were not concerned with finding a place to live because the room was paid up for 3 more months!) should be made to pay back every single penny plus intrest and penaltys. They were given debit cards right? All the purchases should be easlily tracked, and the person issued the card owes. The billing of people who really needed and used the money for what it was intended for "overestimated" or not is just assinine.

April 29, 2008 at 3:06 pm |
  40. Amanda Murtagh

This is absolutely appalling. Why should these poor people have to pay for ICF's sloppiness? Katrina victims were in a desperate position when they signed these agreements. How convenient ICF gets to add a clause in their contracts giving them cushion to allow for mistakes. When do the Katrina victims get some form of protection and safety net? Never, I guess.

Amanda, San Francisco

April 29, 2008 at 3:06 pm |
  41. Cat

Not only did they overpay some, but underpaid others. I know several families that got the paperwork with the "approved" amount of money they would receive and then when the check came it was significantly less than the stated amount. Sounds like there was a dirty company making the decisions.

April 29, 2008 at 3:06 pm |
  42. D.Martin

More of the same...more shame. Is anyone out there surprised? So, if they can't or won't repay, then the government owns the houses? Then the houses could be sold to a developer, who in turn could really turn a hugh profit....yep! sounds like our wonderful government to me.

April 29, 2008 at 3:03 pm |
  43. mark

Boo on cnn for not displaying my comment. i guess this isn't a place for dissenting opions. not everyone in nola is deserving of our pity. i guess i doesn't make for a good article if people don't agree with it. it is true that a lot of people were effected by the storm, but it's also true a lot of people abused the system after the storm. let everyones comments be heard or i'm switching to fox.

April 29, 2008 at 3:03 pm |
  44. Kim P

This is a good example as to why government should not control health care. Look what a mess they are making of this. Total incompetence.

April 29, 2008 at 3:03 pm |
  45. Greg, Georgia

Let me first say that I am sorry that the folks in that region suffered great losses at the hand of mother nature. With that said, let me say this. I am quite tired of hearing how these people continue to be "victims" of our government. If the individual in the story did not see and/or sign the written estimate but chose to sign a contract with the understanding that he was responsible for over-payments, then that person needs to "lick his wounds" and pay the money back. All I keep hearing , when it comes to hurricane Katrina is how these people feel the government "owes them" and how they are getting the short end. To this I say...what about all other citizens who have lost property and loved ones to mother nature (ie tornadoes, floods, fires) after the storm you never hear any more about these folks' plight. None of them were ever given debit cards with free money, grants, trailers to live in, etc. It is time to either start leveling the playing field and give every citizenm, who is a victim of an "Act of God" the same services and financial assistance, otherwise the residents of New Orleans (who by the way chose to live in a city that is below "sea level" and in a hurricane zone) to quit whining and "grab themselves by the bootstrap" and deal with their own situation without the constant placement of blame on the govenment or others. Our country has far greater problems to worry about than whether people, who failed to read the "fine print", have to pay back over-payments.

April 29, 2008 at 3:03 pm |
  46. Rick, Florida

Why are they going after the home owners? These people if anything are the smallest piece of the pie when you consider the millions that were squandered. Not that they had anything to do with stealing from the system. The real question is why does the state not put the focus on who really made off with the cash? Corrupt politicians and contractors. They go after the defensively poor home owners and take the focus off the corruption and dirty contractors involved. That's where the money is that needs to be recovered and put back into reconstruction.

April 29, 2008 at 3:02 pm |
  47. Baubak

This is absurd, but unfortunately, completely believable. If the government commits to spend money on a program, they must not be allowed to come back and say "Oops, we are idiots as usual, give us the relief money back" It is the government's responsibility to do some due dilligence before cutting checks to people. Had the ICF been audited during the process and not after the fact, this could be avoided. But again, as our wise government's history shows, we are reactionists, never preemptive in an attempt to prevent potential problems.

April 29, 2008 at 3:02 pm |
  48. GA

In theory the process of collecting overpayments makes sense, but in reality it is really pretty tough to enfore. My thoughts are, since this was not fraud on behalf of the residents (they did not even see the estimates) they should get to keep the money. You can't give money to these people to rebuild their houses and then ask them to cut you a check. ICF should get fined for the mistake, in the amount of the overestimates. That way, ICF pays for their mistake......

April 29, 2008 at 3:02 pm |
  49. Valerie Ploch

I'm so sick and tired of hearing about New Orleans and Katrina! Florida and other U.S. states and cities have experienced weather damaging conditions and everyone just pulls up their boot straps, makes their repairs and gets on with life. But not in New Orleans. The major problem there is all the welfare folks! Some of them moved to Houston, elevating our crime here! Those folks have already been given so much money and aid, they should all be living in mansions! About time this story died and those people got on with living like everyone else!

April 29, 2008 at 3:02 pm |
  50. Diane Casebeer

Well, I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop. What are they going to do now, take their property if they can't pay. The vulchers are beginning to land to steal property for nothing then make it into a multi-million dollar profit for themselves. ICF should pay the State back.

April 29, 2008 at 3:01 pm |