April 28th, 2008

GOP Strategist: What Obama needs to do about Rev. Wright

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2008/POLITICS/04/28/wright.transcript/art.wright2.ap.jpg caption="Jeremiah Wright speaks at an NAACP dinner on Sunday night."]

Ed Rollins
Fmr. Huckabee Nat'l Campaign Chairman

In any election, it is difficult for an unknown and undefined candidate. The first rule of any political campaign is always go out and define yourself before your opponent does it for you.

Even though the 2008 race for the Democratic nomination has been long and expensive, the front runner Senator Obama is still unknown by most voters.

He said he was going to be a different kind of leader, a healer. One who brought people together, not divide them up by groups or special interests. And many voters thought and hoped that was going to be true.

Unfortunately, on his way to the nomination, it's not his opponent Hillary Clinton who is defining him, it's his own friend and former spiritual leader, whose language and rhetoric has been hateful and unpatriotic.

The candidate brushed him aside and tried to move on after the first damage, but Rev. Wright likes the big audience and obviously likes the media attention and maybe even the controversy. He is defining Obama in a way that can only lead to devastating results.

If this race becomes one about the repression of Black America and/or the United States' perceived sins against other nations, according to the gospel of Rev Wright, then the junior senator from Illinois becomes an easy target.

Comments like this one from the Rev. Wright:
"We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands (killed on 9/11) in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye... We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost."

And Rev. Wright's likening the Romans at the time of Jesus’ crucifixion to our brave US Marines and suggesting that the United States was acting like Al Qaeda under a different color flag. This is not a concept that Barack can defend, and now he needs to get himself as far away from the good reverend as possible.

Who is the real Obama? That's the first question I would raise if I were running a campaign against him. If the answer scares white voters or disturbs patriotic Americans, his march to victory is long and improbable.

Filed under: Barack Obama • Ed Rollins • Raw Politics • Rev. Jeremiah Wright
  1. TANYA

My country has blood upto her elbows in blood have anyone of you ever thought thay all African American community wants and needs to hear that this counry is sorry for salvery. everything else that comes with it.

April 29, 2008 at 12:28 am |
  2. RLB

Ed,

The reason that Wright is able to define Obama is because, Obama remains an unknown entity and the Obama campaign and most disturbingly Obama himself, have done a good job of hiding his negatives instead of bringing them front and center.

It is obvious that Wright is taking advantage of this situation to get his 15 minutes of fame. I think he believes he can shame or frighten White voters into voting for Obama, but I think he is doing just the opposite and is pushing many White voters who may have considered voting for Obama, right into McCain’s camp.

He expresses his personal criticism of this country behind the cover of the Black church. By making this election about the repression of Black America he is contributing to the divisiveness already so pervasive in this country.

I think that these recent appearances by Wright will force many voters to realize that they really don’t know who Obama is and what he really stands for. I agree with you, if I were running the Clinton or the McCain campaign I would keep this uncertainty in the minds of the voters.

@Robert Arthur Preston: I agree, those “bitter comments” were inspired by Wright’s racist rhetoric. Unfortunately, the Obama supporters choose not to make that connection.

RLB

April 29, 2008 at 12:28 am |
  3. Maria Williams

I have a problem that Rev Wright views really shock so many white americans. I mean, how do you expect black america to feel? But I'm glad race is back on the table, front and center. My msg to America, deal with it, it's not going anywhere.

April 29, 2008 at 12:27 am |
  4. Nate Kimbrough

Republican commentators and radio hosts are trying to make Jeremiah Wrights's comments into something that is not there. I don't care how much they spend it, it racism at it's best in our beloved country. White America will never fess up to the fact that their forefathers started this and it is not stopping soon. And it appears Anderson cooper and the rest of CNN's crew is falling in line with the pundits and empty brain Republican commentators. Me.

April 29, 2008 at 12:27 am |
  5. Brian

20 years!

"I wrote about it in my book Audacity of Hope""

The *real* Obama is extreme left as are those He has made important in his Life.

April 29, 2008 at 12:27 am |
  6. Cee

I liked what Pastor Wright said on Bill Moyers, at the NAACP Dinner, and at the National Press Club.

People just aren't used to his, and this type of vernacular. And it's comical, and pathetic to hear so many in the press "flip out" over it. The press loses credibility when they "flip out."

April 29, 2008 at 12:25 am |
  7. Gaby

To Jess,

You say that " We (whites) don't understand the Black Church." Have you ever bothered to attend a black church? Do you feel that you're being vilified, hated mistrusted etc... Did you listen to the whole speech that Rev. Wright gave? If you get to know your neighbors of all backgrounds maybe you would see the world in other peoples eyes and not worry about being mistrusted.? Have you considered how other people feel when they are being discriminated against? We can agree to disagree in an adult fashion.

April 29, 2008 at 12:25 am |
  8. Merchel'le

I really believe Rev.Wright words are taken out of contents. Obama does not have anything to do with his preacher's saying, or doing. What paritoric has to do with the Preacher or Obama. I feel the Caucasian Americans (some) do not understand a African American stand point. I rather a preacher being real then hiding behind the facts. Yes, this really made me want to stand by Obama even more. The media just will not leave Rev. Wright and Obama along. The media is making this a president race issue towards Obama especially, racist. I do not see Obama trying to dog Hilary or McClain. Obama is doing his job to become President. The key word is the media do not want a " Black Man or Mixed" in the White house, get over it.......

April 29, 2008 at 12:24 am |
  9. hali

I just have one question to ask the Hillary supporters, she has been caught in two big lies with no defense but "oh well" and a silly smile, but that seems to be okay with a lot of Americans. Lies seem to roll out of her mouth with ease. If she will lie now she will have no problem telling us lies if she becomes president. I just hope the Super Delegates have more since than the general public. It’s obviously true that "the masses are asses." We can kiss life in American good-bye because White America would rather see the country go to hell before supporting a black man who is willing to save this country. Hillary or McCain will not gain respect from foreign diplomats who hold the key to America’s future.

April 29, 2008 at 12:23 am |
  10. Damon Williams

Rev. Wright has become symbolic for what ails this nation, this election. Rev. Wright is the shield for the racial arrows intended for Obama. That one black man must shut up for another black man to be elected speaks volumes. Is the Rev. Wright running for the nation's highest office? You have not found Rev. Wright worth covering for 20 years. Religious leaders have always pushed us to be better than the governments that represent the people, and they have done so with good cause. I remember a religous leader preaching assasination. I don't remember the same PASSION being shown. It is our arrogance again on display. Rev. Farakhan, shut up! Malcolm, shut up! Dr. King, shut up! Rev. Jackson, shut up and don't show up! Rev. Sharpton, shut up! Rev. Wright, shut up! The message is called the gospel truth, and it has been used against every institution man has created. The Clinton's have lost me. The democratic party has lost me. See, the entire nation is bitter. Barack said it correctly. Some of us will cling to to guns when bitterness confronts us. Mr. and Mrs. Clinton , some, when bitter, will cling to or reach back to racism. Some people will cling to "The Old Rugged Cross",. The black man and the black congregation now dominate the discussion. We are not voting on economics, housing, jobs or citizenship, are we? The truth is being revealed. We cannot hide from ourselves any longer. The vote will show what America's choice is. To quote Public Enemy, "beware of the hand when it's coming from the left, I aint trippin just watch your step. You can't trust it."

April 29, 2008 at 12:23 am |
  11. Kathy

ENOUGH ALREADY! No one out here in the real world cares much about Rev. Wright and what he has to say, although it is his right to say it. I admire Obama for taking the "high road" ( there is certainly no traffic jams!) and choosing not to slug it out in the mud. I am a Democrat who is fed up with Hillary and Bill and their lies and inuendo. I wish the media would take a step back and think about their responsibility to the public......just the facts man! Tell me about what the candidates will do about gas prices, taxes, IRAQ and 4,000+ dead soldiers and thousands more wounded Vets who are not being given the kind of assistance they deserve. Those are the things that matter to most of the regular folks out there. I look forward to an Obama/McCain debate. THAT would be excellent in the Lincoln/Douglas style! I think we are capable of listening without media explanation or hype!

April 29, 2008 at 12:23 am |
  12. Casey, Boston, MA

How can you in good conscious say you Obama's not defined? That's pure political rhetoric! I agree you may politically use this as fear tactic to guide the misguided in our society – isn't that the party who should be vilified? Shouldn’t your moralistic attacks be directed toward that party? Instead our media (or, our society) accepts this evil for good; allowing the misguided politician the right of way because ‘that's how it's done’. Do you all have eyes and cannot see; ears and cannot hear? You sound like hypocrites!! One commentator on AC just stated empathetically JW does not represent the America's black churches contrary to JW own announcement. However, defying common sense and contrary to the general tone of JW’s his speeches now define Obama. Does this resonate as ridiculous to any other than me? The show’s speaker opine that JW defines Obama – is that journalism? Or, just sheer hypocrisy? Our media really does need to provide a better service to the public they claim to serve!

KC

April 29, 2008 at 12:20 am |
  13. Jay

Let's be real!! White America can't stand somebody like the Rev cause he makes you look face to face at what is still wrong with America, and even though the current generation did not play a part in slavery, etc... this generation is reaping the benefits of what their ancestors established in America that still treats minorities unfair!!!! There is still racism, evident by the fact that the media (white america), are using the Rev's views and beliefs to discredit BO! However, nobody ever talks about how HC husband was the Pres. and lied about cheating on his wife, she didn't separate herself from his immorality!!!

April 29, 2008 at 12:19 am |
  14. TANYA

this is not a free country ,no freedom of speech,
    those who want to vote for obama will and those who will not because of his race. this is truly sad

April 29, 2008 at 12:19 am |
  15. Karleen Ross

Obama needs to let the American people know that he has the ability to combat this situation. Don't attempt to sweep it under the rug yet again. A potential preseident needs to have many sides. However, compassion and passiveness cannot be the forefront characteristics.
    I think he CAN be the next president and do a fine job for the American people but he has to show his strengths in dealing with the difficult issues that will challenge him along the way. I'll keep watching your politics with baited breath. It's very important to us Canadians who will take the seat in November to leady the USA.

Karleen Ross
    Barrie, Ontario Canada

April 29, 2008 at 12:08 am |
  16. Gaby

The only ones that keep Rev. Wright in the media is the media. If you give no coverage, then it no longer stays an issue, as Cnn and other news casts have given less attention to Hagee for calling the Catholic church "a whore," and the ill remarks made toward the victims of Hurricane Katrina.

Another double standard!!!!!

April 29, 2008 at 12:07 am |
  17. Branden A.

I believe that there is very little that Obama can do to stop this downward spiral.Even if he can "show some steel" the Rev has put the nail in the coffin.Just the fact that Obama was wed by this man and his children were baptized by Wright makes him forever linked to Obama.He should have tried to get him to retract his statement ASAP. hey Rev. your blowing this for your "bro".All for a book deal! keep that smirk straight to the bank Obama's opponents will LOVE the backlash

April 29, 2008 at 12:03 am |
  18. Gaby

If anyone has common sense, then they will see that Rev. Wright is all about Rev. Wright, and not Barack. How many times does he have to say that no one speaks for him? He does not have to get down and dirty. He can agree to disagree. Can other adults do the same?

Now let's have more clarification about the Clinton donor's to their library .
    She is not being transparent. She is still holding back. Does anyone question this. Why will they not reveal anymore information until after the election? Is no one concerned about these issues? If it's good enough for Obama, then why is it not good enough for Hillary to have to go through this as well. She can not stand the heat. What about Bill Clinton's negotiations with the Columbians?

April 29, 2008 at 12:02 am |
  19. Kathy

I agree with you about Obama needing to get tougher.. I think he needs to have another debate with Hillary clinton and he definatley needs practice with debates. WHAT is he going to do when JOHn Mccain debates him. h e keeps saying he is skinny but he is tough. well he needs to show his toughness or he won't be our president.

April 28, 2008 at 11:52 pm |
  20. Cap Lee

While I don't agree with all that Rev. Wright said, consider this: As I understand it, in 1985, the Reagan administration sent $7 billion through Pakistan to the Taliban and, specifically, Osama Bin Laden to fund their Jihad on the Soviets. When you fund a terrorist, those chickens will come home to roost.

Cap
    Milwaukee

April 28, 2008 at 11:51 pm |
  21. Kevin Reilly

There must be a dearth of political news, so, once again, CNN has got to bombard us with Rev. Wright. If CNN's priority of ratings over fairness and accuracy help kill Obama's candidacy, I hope our history books reflect this. Anderson, money isn't everything.

April 28, 2008 at 11:50 pm |
  22. frank

Your values and moral compass is a product of the environment and the company one keeps!

Just check out who each of the candidates have closely associated with over a long period of time.

Frank

April 28, 2008 at 11:48 pm |
  23. Andrew

Rev. Wright is not the candidate and not the issue. CNN is overplaying him. Billary's lying and racism and McCain's stupidity (senility?) are legitimate issues. Wright is just a red herring.

April 28, 2008 at 11:48 pm |
  24. Karen A. Green

The United States of America "In God We Trust"! I am so feed up with the 2008 Presidental election that I don't care who wins I am just going to put my trust in God to turn this failing country around. I am a black woman in America who was so proud to see Obama make it as far as he has made it and I actually voted for him and it was not based on his color but it was based on his policies. However words can not expressed how PROUD I was of Rev Wright on today, to quote him come November 5th and January 27th he will still be a Pastor and to take it deeper God will still be God. So it doesn't matter if it is Obama, Clinton or Mccain God will be the one in control just like he always has been. Anything that has happen in this country God has allowed it to happen because he has all the power to stop it. God is providing this country with a wake up call and honestly I believe that people are walking up and taking a real look at themself and how they continue to treat one another. Until there is a major change in this world and this country we have to continue to pray. Love you Anderson, keep up the good work!

April 28, 2008 at 11:46 pm |
  25. Pat

Senator Obama must surely recognize that he owes Mr. Wright nothing....Mr. Wright is not Jesus....Mr. Wright did not save your soul.

Breaking with Mr. Wright, strongly and totally does not diminish your Christianity; as Mr. Wright is MR WRONG ON SO MANY LEVELS!

Mr. Wright has essentially embraced Louis Farakhan (however it is spelled) and he has called Senator Obama a liar.

Senator Obama can not let this stand. Senator Obama must make it clear, and strongly so, that he has broken with Mr. Wright once and for all time.

Then get back to the issues and stick with the issues!

April 28, 2008 at 11:46 pm |
  26. Kathy

I think if I was Obama I would have to speak out against his rev because he is saying alot of things that are hitting against white people and not just white but east coast people who speak drifferently and making fun of things that is not revelant and I don't care for his way of preaching like he is mad instead of being happy as god wants us to feel good when we are being preached to not putting people down. I think he is prejudiced. I just hope he doesnt mean he is going to be the VP. I know I am not voting for OBama IM a hillary clinton supporter but was for EDwards when he got out I voted for Huckabee. but since he isnt in any more I am for HIllary. I pray for HIllary every day that she wins 3 digit numbers over Obama after his pastor coming out again and who knows he might be at the white house seeing him every day with his extremetist and coaching him in his presidencey.. kind of scary!!!! VOTE FOR HILLARY !!! WHATEVER YOU DO,, BE CAREFUL OBAMA has something up his sleeve.

April 28, 2008 at 11:45 pm |
  27. Frustrated Voter

If I had known Obama had been a member of Wrights church for 20 years and had been listening to the hate and racism being spewed from the pulpit I would never have voted for him in the primary, It is for certain I will not vote for him in the general election, even if I have to vote Republican.

I am a Southern Baptist. I can guarantee you if a white Baptist preacher ever preached such filth, he would be run out of town on a rail.

If Obama can't speak up and denounce this so called"spiritul leader",
    How is he ever going to lead this country or defend us against our enemies.

April 28, 2008 at 11:44 pm |
  28. Bobby L Smith

It's about time for Pastor's such as Wright to change his points. Last time I read my Bible Jesus died for us all. After years of trying to raise my children not to be racist, it's hard when they are constantly holding me and my race responsible for things happening 150 years ago.

Ibelieve and I wish you would share this with the Rev. Wright, That if we could all come together and worship God and humble ourselves, get pray back in schools we might be able to save the next generation and end the race issue. The same Jesus I serve is the same as the black race Rev Wright.
    God Bless the USA ; bOB sMITH

April 28, 2008 at 11:42 pm |
  29. Brian

I DON'T CARE.

Much like I don't don't know or care to know the religious backgrounds and affiliations of Mr. Obama, Mr. McCain, the Clintons, the Bushs, The Reagans or the Carters. If they really influence you decisoion on who the President should be, then honestly, your the type of person that concerns me.

I want to know who is going to do something about healthcare for my daughter, the fact I paid $30 for a half a tank of gas today and why my paycheck for 40 hours of work on Friday netted me a little over $600.00 (and I have a college degree). I'm Listeningggg..

April 28, 2008 at 11:40 pm |
  30. Mia

I remember watching Nightmare on Elm Street Part 1 and being scared out of my goard. I watched Elm Street 2, and was freaked out but not as much as before. Then I watched Elm Street Part 3 and it was like the 10pm news–mildly eventful but mostly predictable and only mildly entertaining. After that Freddy was scary anymore...it was only a movie.

Reverend Wright is real, but he's a movie being played over and over that has scared all the people away that would have been scared. The people who are still paying attention are watching it for their own amusement and to enjoy the blood curdling screams from a "first timer."

The GOP will soon overplay this like they've overplayed all their race-baiting cards and realize that Obama is not losing because he is black but is losing because of the real issues.

April 28, 2008 at 11:40 pm |
  31. Molly

It would be wonderful if the various news sources would not cover the Reverend Wright so much, but alas in this day and age I don't think that will happen. I think that Rev. Wright resents the fact that Barack Obama tried to distance himself from his statements in the previous episodes and now is trying to undermine Baracks' campaign, which is a true shame.

I think the only option Barack has is to come out strongly against Reverend Wrights' actions and statements. I don't think that a gentle sidestep is going to work anymore and I don't think Rev. Wright is going to let it work. Barack has to show his distaste and disbelief in what Wright is saying and doing and make sure the news sources all cover that just as much!!!!

April 28, 2008 at 11:40 pm |
  32. Mr. V

After listening to all of this, I am really leaning towards Barrack Obama now. Hes got to be tough taking all this. I like his calm, collective composure through this as well. If you heard today, the news said in Indiana and N. Carolina, that the people were not asking questions to him at the rally's today about the Rev. Wright issues. SO, this tells me that the media is making more of this than what it really is, and the people are much smarter than the media thinks. So, this to will come to past.

April 28, 2008 at 11:39 pm |
  33. keith Pike

You Obama supporters just don't get it on these Rev Wright comments. If you turn off The white collar middle class you lose. Sen Obama has to come out and set this straight or he wins the battle but loses the war.

April 28, 2008 at 11:38 pm |
  34. nancy x.

I love the coverage you are giving to this and I believe it is really important.

However, there is all sorts of CRAP that CONTINUES because of the current administration WHICH WAS HAPPILY ENDORSED by Sen. John McCain.

Yes, the "struggle" for the Democratic nomination is important and very interesting and of course we want to know about that. We are deciding how to vote, and your coverage makes a difference, at least for me.

HOWEVER - please give as much air time to the complete disaster we are in NOW and it is because of the Republicans and their short-sighted, isolationist, conservative ideas ...

Thank you for your show and your efforts! I love you and I really appreciate the hard work you all do.

Nancy

April 28, 2008 at 11:36 pm |
  35. Cathy in Indiana

For all of you that say Wright spent 6 years in Marines and therefore its ok
    Timothy Mcveigh also got a honorable discharge from the ARMY
    Was what he did in Oklahoma ok ?

April 28, 2008 at 11:35 pm |
  36. penny

With all due respect, You are not paying ATTENTION again. DO less talking and more listening. You cannot afford to ASSUME. That is why the country is in a mess. At least Rev. Wright has God on his side. Let's face it, we need a new perspective in America. Rev. Wright is giving us that. Why should Obama distance himself from Rev Wright. We need "OPEN MINDS". He did say that who ever God want to be the president, "NO ONE WILL BE ABLE TO STOP IT". That is very true. Do you think GOD wanted GW Bush in the White house? Then why is this country in a mess. Do you think GOD wants Hillary or John McCain to be the next president?

April 28, 2008 at 11:34 pm |
  37. nick

This democratic race is not about race it is about the economy, it is not about pastor Wright it is about the Iraq war and our young men and women dieing in Iraq with no end in sight, it about unreasonably high oil prices, it is about health care. CNN stop the attacts against Senator Obama.

Why not explain the Dick Cheny, the vice president going to Saudi Arabia to talk about oil prices, and after his visit to Saudi, oil prices hit record prices. Why Saudi Arabia was considering increasing their production of oil to reduce the price of oil. What happened CNN?

Like it or not Senator Obama will win the nomination and the presidency.

Lets talk about the real issues!

April 28, 2008 at 11:32 pm |
  38. Kim Thompson

I watched the enitre Associated Press speech/Q & A session of Rev. Wrights. I must say, I thought it was very interesting. He seems less of a vilian and more of a passionate pastor and man.

If you listen to Rev. Wright's speeches and sermons in there entirety, you may feel as cheated and lied to by the media as I do.

With the exception of MSNBC, it seems new anchors on CNN and Fox have personal agendas which they are using to keep the waters as muddy as possible. Can we have the full truth please?!

April 28, 2008 at 11:31 pm |
  39. Jane

I am ashamed of America. I don't live by "sound bites". Reverend Wright has done nothing, but quote the bible, suggested that different should not be the same as deficient and that we "Americans" are willing and commited to change. Why is the media not embracing the positive things he says? Could it be that you are trying to discourage voters and influence the vote?

April 28, 2008 at 11:29 pm |
  40. Grace Gaston

I heard a woman say on C-Span this morning that it is unfair to ask Obama to leave his church and disown his pastor for what he said, when no one asked catholics to leave the church when it became known that certain priest violated young boys.

April 28, 2008 at 11:29 pm |
  41. tina grossman

Someone once said to me: "Don't let your tongue cut your throat"
    I have no doubt in my mind if Obama's supporters truly believe in him as I do, this distraction is just that.......a distraction.
    ~tg

April 28, 2008 at 11:27 pm |
  42. Barbara

In one of Rev.Wrights sermons he said something like B. Clinton did us just like he did Monica Lewinski. Someone please tell me in what context this sort of comment belongs in any church.

April 28, 2008 at 11:25 pm |
  43. Post this CNN

It's clear that many Americans are racist. You can see it in their blog comments. They don't hear the full version, listen to sound bites and make unsound judgements. Then they think because a black man talks loud, he is hateful. What a bunch of racists.

April 28, 2008 at 11:23 pm |
  44. Cheri M.

Ever think that maybe Wright is trying to protect Obama from assination? Maybe he was told to stop Obama from getting elected? My wild imagination is running away with me....hmmmm, interesting.

April 28, 2008 at 11:21 pm |
  45. Ayo Stewart

Rev Wright has lost his skippy mind. I was member of his church. This is not what I was a part of. He is negating Liberation Theology. What could be more damaging to liberation than Rev Wright since Obama emodies liberation. I wrote to to him begging him to remember that there is a time for every season under the sun... including a time to be silent. As for Hillary "I regret that Repubs..." are picking up on my swipes at Obama...give me a break.

April 28, 2008 at 11:20 pm |
  46. Helen

If Obama gets elected instead of big problems in the United States being fixed the whole 4 yrs will be about blacks and whites and we need to worry more about the war, medical coverage and jobs.

I think Hilary would be a better leader and could get on with the job at hand

April 28, 2008 at 11:19 pm |
  47. Nate

I respect this man's right to free speech and to defend himself. But, he appears to be a bit racist towards others. I think the publicity has gone to his head and he just needs to fade away, back to his life. This will all blow over if he lets it.

April 28, 2008 at 11:19 pm |
  48. ewhatley

I think that the media should put a stop to Rev Wright by stop airing his comments. He is under cutting everything Obama stand for.Please don't give him anymore attention

April 28, 2008 at 11:11 pm |
  49. Jackson

Since we are forced to see Obama's pastor, can we have equal time for the pastors and former pastors of ALL candidates?

April 28, 2008 at 11:10 pm |
  50. Hugh

I am not an American. I am Canadian. I am paying more than a little attention to the campaign as it is more than interesting with the varied candidates and some of the important issues at stake and how they will be handled by whoever will be the next president

This latest fluff concerning Rev. Wright is a waste of time and detracts from this candidates platform as it is all that is being reported on lately. It is also unfair in that the other candidates have / will not be scrutinized in such a useless way. That gives them an advantage and only serves to cheat Americans out of what might be the best candidate amongst them.

April 28, 2008 at 11:10 pm |