April 22nd, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 4/22/08

Tonight – Pennsylvania!

Anderson anchors primary coverage along with Wolf Blitzer, Campbell Brown, Lou Dobbs and Soledad O'Brien and John King takes his place at the Magic Wall.

CNN Sr. Political Analyst – and all-around great guy – Bill Schneider has agreed to take a crack at live blogging tonight. Prior to 10p ET you can read his blog posts throughout the evening on the Political Ticker.

The live blog cam will be up tonight to give a behind the scenes look at the Election Center studio. Tonight it starts early. We’ll turn the camera on at 7p ET and turn it off at midnight ET. LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

Please check out a post that may be helpful if you wonder why some comments get posted while others do not. LINK TO COMMENTS POST

We’ll start posting comments to this blog at 10p ET and stop at 11p ET.

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Renee

Go, xtina, good question for Bill on superdelegates. Where's Bill?

@ Bill, do you import your cold weather hats from Moscow? Love them by the way. Truly a unique look.

April 22, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  2. Michael A

xtina is absolutely right. how can one group override a population? its not a democratic way.

April 22, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  3. Anderson

Way to go Hillary!

April 22, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  4. Tannis

Tracy, Colonial Heights, VA : I agree with you. In my opinion it should not matter if she's a woman or not, but I've felt that she's run her campaign like a woman. She's strong but when the going got tough out came the nails and the hair pulling. She didn't stick to the issues, she turned it personal. Barack got nasty but I've felt it was to defend himself he really could have said a lot more than he did

April 22, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  5. Jennifer - Michigan

Brian Persaud – Agreed.

April 22, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  6. Teresa, OH

@ Megan O. : I think that can be done : )

April 22, 2008 at 10:49 pm |
  7. Stacy

@Christine: So it's the media's fault she hasn't won? Wasn't she basically being billed as the inevitable nominee when the campaign started?

April 22, 2008 at 10:49 pm |
  8. Jacqui Chan

okay Obama's peops don"t kill me but I am very excited for my girl Hil. Don't kill me I just prefer her I still like Obam.

April 22, 2008 at 10:49 pm |
  9. Bill Schneider

Superdelegates clearly have a difficult decision ahead of them. We will see if any more undecided ones make up their minds after Pennsylvania.

April 22, 2008 at 10:49 pm |
  10. Melinda

I'm enjoying the webcam tonight. It's cool to see what everyone does during the speeches and commercial breaks.

April 22, 2008 at 10:49 pm |
  11. Megan O. Toronto, ON, Canada

Jacqui – Anderson wasn't tardy......Hillary went into his time

April 22, 2008 at 10:49 pm |
  12. Jolene

I like those quick commercial breaks! LOL!

@xtina and Stacy: Unfortunately, money is stronger than words but then again, it's people like you and me than endorse and contribute money to these campaigns, it all doesn't come out of the candidate's pockets.

April 22, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  13. Brian Persaud

Jennifer – Michigan> Cause I didn't know what it was. But I find "Ready for Change" to be just as uncreative.

April 22, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  14. Megan Dresslar

Yup! Renee 😉

April 22, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  15. Larry

If Obama is the peoples choice then why has he not locked up the 2025? I'm afraid of what else we don't know about him; unlike Hillary whom we know everything about.

April 22, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  16. Jo Ann, Ohio

@EJ in Ohio: First of all, you are making an assumption that Clinton is my candidate. Secondly, do you think the Obama supporters would just accept that without making a fuss?

April 22, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  17. Tracy, Colonial Heights, VA

Lol, Bill blogs more than Anderson does.

April 22, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  18. Megan O. Toronto, ON, Canada

All tonight prove was that the democrats are getting no where. A nominee needs to be choosen soon. Like by June 3rd

April 22, 2008 at 10:47 pm |
  19. Jacqui Chan

Anderson, You were "tardy" 2nite!

April 22, 2008 at 10:47 pm |
  20. Vincent Esoldi

Prior to Senator Obama entering the Presidential race, has Senator Hillary Clinton's negative numbers gone up, down or stayed the same?

April 22, 2008 at 10:47 pm |
  21. Brian Persaud

Janna> I saw an interesting post on here, about sexism between women being a cause for distrusting Hillary. It seemed pretty credible to me, based on my own observations. For me, I think experience lends itself to being trustworthy. I don't "just don't like" Obama, I have my reasons, but that doesn't mean I will abandon all my beliefs on election day and vote McCain, or sit it out.

April 22, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  22. xtina, chicago IL

bill , don't U think the superdelegate system goes against the democratic ideal? – one small elite group having the power to override the people's choice

April 22, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  23. Melinda

Jeff Toobin had a great point a minute ago. 8% points is just enough to kind of keep it where we've been in limbo land. I'll be happy when it's decided once and for all so we can move on to the general election.

April 22, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  24. Megan O. Toronto, ON, Canada

Bill you are really into the live blogging aren't you 🙂

April 22, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  25. Genevieve M, TX

EJ, that would be so funny if people in green shirts were voting for Anderson!

April 22, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  26. Jennifer - Michigan

Brian Persaud – Obama's slogan is something like "ready for a change" why do you ask me?

April 22, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  27. Renee

Yike, Megan, I have a green shirt on too. Go figure! I thought they were some labor group with an acronym on the sign. Got to get the glasses on!

April 22, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  28. Megan Dresslar

Megan O,
    I think Erica will come later this show.......

April 22, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  29. Carmen, Marina, CA

A great day in PA...for Hillary! I predicted last nite on this blog that she would win by a 8-12 point spread. She's waived between 8 and 10 so far in PA with 2 counties left to count. Go Hillary! Yes, we will!

April 22, 2008 at 10:44 pm |
  30. Jane

Hooray for blue-collar Americans, but what about the middle class?

April 22, 2008 at 10:44 pm |
  31. Jo Ann, Ohio

Jolene: I think we already know what candidate Brazile is going to support. She told Wolf Blitzer if the Florida and Michigan delegates were seated that she would leave the Party. I don't really consider that reasonable.

April 22, 2008 at 10:44 pm |
  32. Sara, Oklahoma

that was a great commercial break. lol. perhaps the quickest one ive ever witnessed. :]

April 22, 2008 at 10:44 pm |
  33. Tracy, Colonial Heights, VA

@ Christine: Honestly, I don't care if she were a woman, man, or hermaphodite, I don't like her. Voting for a candidate because of something shallow like gender or race is ignorant.

And, honestly, how does Obama have a glass jaw? Please explain.

April 22, 2008 at 10:43 pm |
  34. Jen in Mex.

Jolene, I so agree! Either way, President Barack Or Hillary should definitely make her a cabinet member!!

April 22, 2008 at 10:43 pm |
  35. EJ - Ohio

"From what I understand, the remainder of the super delegates are White men. I don’t think they would have the courage to give the nomination to Clinton no matter what happens because there would be hell to pay."

Jo Ann

Hell to pay from whom?

I'm sure they will vote for whomever they feel is best... and not everyone believes that is Clinton.

April 22, 2008 at 10:43 pm |
  36. Lilibeth

Yeah! Hillary! Congratulations!

April 22, 2008 at 10:43 pm |
  37. xtina, chicago IL

jolene- isn't it a shame money = victory? they say hillary almost out of money so does that mean obama victory is certain

April 22, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  38. Glen Up North

EJ, at the risk of deviating from topic: LOL! I'm running to wear a green shirt right now, if that's the case!

April 22, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  39. Megan O. Toronto, ON, Canada

Wonder if Erica is around tonight?

April 22, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  40. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

I agree with you Jo Ann. Renee are the green shirts for Earth Day? Good question, I don't know?

April 22, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  41. Melinda

Perhaps the people with the green shirts have something to do with the environment awareness week that's going on now?

April 22, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  42. Stacy

Jolene, I agree. It's kind of sick the money that gets thrown around in these campaigns. Plus the fact that it's often used in attack ads.

April 22, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  43. Megan Dresslar

Renee,
    I am wearing green clothes right now.

April 22, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  44. Tracy, Colonial Heights, VA

@Renee: They had signs that said "This is Clinton Country," if that helps you make a guess. ;D

April 22, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  45. Megan O. Toronto, ON, Canada

Maybe the green shirts had to do with Earth Day

April 22, 2008 at 10:40 pm |
  46. Jo Ann, Ohio

From what I understand, the remainder of the super delegates are White men. I don't think they would have the courage to give the nomination to Clinton no matter what happens because there would be hell to pay.

April 22, 2008 at 10:40 pm |
  47. Janna

Brian & Tracy, thanks for your thoughts. I hope dems will come together as well. It's a shame that so many seem to just not like her personality or trust her versus Obama. I believe you can't trust any politician... Does anyone "just not like him"?

April 22, 2008 at 10:40 pm |
  48. Jolene

Donna Brazile seems so reasonable in her stance regarding this race. I wish she would spill the beans and let us know which candidate she's leaning towards (being a superdelegate and all).

April 22, 2008 at 10:40 pm |
  49. Christine

Do all you people who hate Hillary realize that if she were a man Obama would not even be in this race anymore? She IS the better candidate and if the media would let up on her and tell the truth about him maybe the best WOMAN would end up the candidate and we could have a democratic president, because he wil not win the general election he can't hold up against the republicans, with his glass jaw.

April 22, 2008 at 10:40 pm |
  50. Brian Persaud

Jennifer – Michigan> What is Obama's slogan?

April 22, 2008 at 10:40 pm |