April 8th, 2008

We’re Webby Award Nominees!

Bloggees, we have some great news to report.

We’re Webby Award Nominees!
“You liked us! You really, really liked us!”    (More to come on what we’ll say if we win)

So where was I…. oh yes… We are Webby Award Nominees!

For those of you who aren’t familiar with the award, it’s the leading international honor for the Web. The NY Times has called it the "Oscars of the Internet."

The Webby Awards honor excellence on the Internet, including Websites, Interactive Advertising, Online Film & Video, and Mobile Websites.
Established in 1996, the 12th Annual Webby Awards received nearly 10,000 entries from all 50 states and more than 60 countries.

"We made it!"

What do we need?

VOTE FOR US!!  (CLICK/REGISTER HERE)

– On the site, click the 'WEBSITE VOTE NOW' icon
     – Set up a quick login- its painless – dont worry, no junkmail
     – click 'CELEBRITY/FAN' category – and vote for us!!!
     – HURRY! WE HAVE UNTIL THURSDAY!

So hop on, spread the word!  Run, don't walk! Tell your co-workers, friends and family, set grandma up in front of the computer– and let’s make this happen!

So what will we say if we win? (I told you I’d get back to that)
Well... The award-show's acceptance speeches are famous... Why? Because they are limited to five words, tops.

You know what I’m thinking, don’t you?  An online 360 blog contest!

So I’ll sum all this up into 5 words for you…. to all the great minds out there who read our blog, and got us to where we are today… we ask...
"HOW SHOULD WE SAY THANKS?"

Hey, THAT was just five words. A good start?
Send us YOUR ideas.. Thank you!

For inspiration, here are some 5-word speech examples given by past winners:

• TripAdvisor – Because some hotels still suck.

• DIYNetwork.com – Now, let's get hammered.

• CNNMoney.com – More popular than Lou Dobbs.

• Yahoo! Real Estate – There's no place like home.

• Smithsonian Education – Remember those who taught you.

• FindLaw – Anyone need a good lawyer?

• HubbleSite – Houston, we have a winner.

– David Reisner, 360° Digital Producer

Filed under: Webby Awards
  1. Ratna, New York, NY

COngrats AC360!

Here are my lines:

1. Stay tuned, watch and write!

2. Thank you to all E-Stalkers!

3. Keeping it Honest, Number One!

4. AC360' s blogging participants, the viewers!

5. Stay tunes, log-on and write!

6. AC360 blog: your opinion matters!

April 9, 2008 at 10:07 pm |
  2. Chuck in Alabama

Keeping our "Thank You" honest.

April 9, 2008 at 8:18 pm |
  3. Alheli Picazo, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

"Anderson Cooper rocked your socks"

"Anderson cooper rocks your socks"

"Anderson plus Erica...enough said!"

"It's an Anderson 'Coop' d'etat !"

"Keeping them honest since 2005!"

"CNN heart-throb since 2001!"

"Bringing the news full circle"

Way to go Anderson!! You are fantastic!!!!!!!
    Alheli Picazo, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    🙂

April 9, 2008 at 6:44 pm |
  4. Jocelyne

Hello David,
    Congratulations! yes, AC360's the very best team!
    as for an acceptance speech?? ..."thank you all, you're awesome!:)"
    –Yes, I sure hope you win.–
    Jocelyne

April 9, 2008 at 6:24 pm |
  5. Ross, Lubbock TX

"That's what we were thinking!"

Congrats AC360!

April 9, 2008 at 5:58 pm |
  6. Aruna, Minneapolis, MN

"We're always Keeping them Honest"!

But, I gotta say, I agree with Kim with "Let the story reveal itself" because that's a great one!

Congrats '360'!!!

April 9, 2008 at 3:52 pm |
  7. Kristien,Antwerp, Belgium

"Covering all Anderson Cooper's angles"

April 9, 2008 at 3:43 pm |
  8. Michelle Fischer- Lafayette IN

David,

Here's to hard work, dedication, and bringing telvision news that matters to all viewers and fans-me included!

I hope you all win, you deserve it!!!

360 Always--Michelle (-:

April 9, 2008 at 2:18 pm |
  9. Claire Colvin

In response to this being in the celeb category (what were *they* thinking?) how about:

"Not all Anderson; he helped"

April 9, 2008 at 11:49 am |
  10. Brian Persaud

Congrats AC360! More than deserving of such a award with all your efforts to include viewers via the net. No suggestions on the speech, but I'll be sure to vote! 🙂

April 9, 2008 at 11:08 am |
  11. michelle: Ont,Canada

A Webby award that's great! The website is fantastic and I love to
    see all the great new features web cam is great keep it coming.
    I hope you win by the way what does it look like and will it be
    on tv? Cue the cheesy-mucic now ! Anderson and Erica should host it!

April 9, 2008 at 11:05 am |
  12. marcy

Ok people, share the love, 360 is LOSING to best week ever, we can’t have that. Yes you have to register but it takes a few seconds you vote and your done. I believe you can only vote once, I’m not 100% sure about that though. I don’t know that I care for this side under celebrity/fan category but it is so go vote!!!!!

360 is in 2nd place as of this AM (April 9th) push them on up the ladder people!

Since you will already be on the website, share the CNN love by voting for cnn.com under media – news. Currently in 3rd behind the BBC News and the NY times website, CNN needs all the boost they can get. Take a second to vote there as well. You can vote once in each category.

For the old school AC fans, Channel One is also up for an award… under the living section then youth. They are currently leading, lets keep that going.

And since I’m giving shout outs there’s several other websites with ties to 360 that could use the votes to stay in the lead. . . .

The Huffington post is up for an award under activism blog-political they are leading let’s keep it that way.

Also under society – activism the Brad Pitt sponsored makeitrightnola.org which is behind the Darfur website. Both excellent causes.

Ok gotta get to back to work….Get to it!

April 9, 2008 at 10:05 am |
  13. Sherri

David-

CONGRATULATIONS! I voted yesterday after reading about the nomination. What a great forum this is for things that really matter to so many people- real issues as opposed to where she who shall remain nameless is at any given point. AC360 provides thought provoking information. While I'm not always in agreement with my blogging colleagues- that's what is so rewarding- we don't have to agree, we just need to be engaged. It's very refreshing to find that there are people here in this country that try to be well informed and AC360 is excellent at putting information out for us to peruse- and we can make our decisions on how we respond. I think many people don't really enjoy or like being TOLD how to feel or react to any situation. Hmm- Emmy, Webby, Peabody- why do you suppose so many awards end with 'y'? Maybe that could be a piece for the show. Congrats again to all those involved- for regulars such as myself- we share a sense of belonging and community and that is a good thing.
    How about- 'AC360 Bloggers-Thanks for thinking!'

April 9, 2008 at 9:40 am |
  14. Jacqui Chan

Wow A webby! I will be pulling for you guys!
    Will this be broadcast anywhere or webcast at least?
    Is there an event to attend? I hope you will keep us posted!

"BREAK A LEG!"

April 9, 2008 at 4:20 am |
  15. Jeff (Australia)

Well done to David, Anderson, Erica & everyone who works on the blog – great achievement for all involved!

Maybe at the end of the show have all of the names of everyone who posted a comment on the blog & Anderson dancing for Erica when the Beat 360 "cheesy-music" comes on!

April 9, 2008 at 3:10 am |
  16. Kim

Oh, how about this (in Anderson's words):
    "Let the story reveal itself"

April 9, 2008 at 2:55 am |
  17. Kim

Congratulations to CNN and the AC360 team, I can't think of a show (and a blog) that deserves it more, so I just went and voted.

I can't figure out, though, why it's listed under celebrity? Because of Anderson? I don't think he would like that at all...... After all the show and the blog are about political news, not about him as a person.

AC360, come and join us! ;o)

April 9, 2008 at 2:53 am |
  18. Kristin Martin in Florida

Congrats, 360! You deserve it! I'm going to vote for you now! =)

April 9, 2008 at 2:16 am |
  19. Lilibeth

David, I totally misread your question...I think I read your blog too fast! LOL!

OK, so for your 5 words, how about, "We love all our bloggers!" or "Our thanks to Lilibeth always!" LOL!

But my party idea isn't a bad one, eh?

Lilibeth
    Edmonds, Washington

P.S. I already voted!

April 9, 2008 at 12:54 am |
  20. Judy

Is this award for the live blog only or all the blogs?

April 9, 2008 at 12:05 am |
  21. lpfoong, Malaysia

Congratulations! You must be really proud of yourself. It's nice to be acknowledged for excellent effort. Voted. AC360 is currently second.

How about..."We are the Champions, thanks!" ?

April 9, 2008 at 12:04 am |
  22. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

Celebrity/ Fan category? Oh well, I think it's a news site, but whatever..A nomination is a nomination.
    What five words should you use to accept this honor if you win? High Five you smart voters...

Lorie Ann, Buellton, Calif.

April 8, 2008 at 11:36 pm |
  23. Megan Dresslar

Hello David,
    Congrats for AC360! I love your blog so awesome, Thanks Anderson, I am so exciting for you and your team!!! Yipee! I hope you will win for award soon I am sure. Thanks for allow me to join AC360! Good Luck David.
    Megan D.
    Shoreline, Wa

April 8, 2008 at 11:08 pm |
  24. VN

David,

Congratulations! I know you'll win. I don't read your blog that much (due to time) So, how about the following?

This award for us, No!? (read it with feelings)
    I like to thank God. (funny)
    Thanks bloggers for the megabytes. (get it?corny)
    Thanks for the free labor, bloggers (oops, that's 6 words)

I hope that I'll win! (that's for me, haha)

April 8, 2008 at 11:07 pm |
  25. Myta Santiago, Philippines

Hey David,

Congratulations! Hope that this won't be the first Webby Award you'll be nominated in. 🙂

Hmmm... how do you say thanks in five words?? Tough...

Three Hundred Sixty warm thanks!

- Myta, Philippines 😀

April 8, 2008 at 11:02 pm |
  26. Heather

Congratulations!

I remember watching Jeane Moos show the awards and how you have to use five words for thank you.
    How about 360 thanks you very much or AC 360 thank you all something like that.

April 8, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  27. Michael, NC

Alright! The blog does more than people think...its great to see AC get on the map like this...now all we got to do is VOTE. Congratulations CNN and AC360.

April 8, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  28. Ramone Diaz, Venezuela

Congratulations David on the nomination.
    This page is so much fun!
    I can't wait to come home everyday to get on line and blog as I watch 360. Way to go! The speech contest sounds cool too.

April 8, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  29. Carol B., Virginia

Sorry... the "or" I was going to write was:

"Was it something we said?"

April 8, 2008 at 9:47 pm |
  30. EJ - Ohio

Oh so this is why AC360 created that live blog. Not because they really want to interact with us...

just kidding, congratulations

April 8, 2008 at 9:45 pm |
  31. Jacqueline

Webby Awards!? What will they think up next? CONGRATS! You deserve it. You guys put a lot of thought into what you do and it shows. Keep up the good work. Now go get OUR award!

Cheerio!

Jackie, NY

April 8, 2008 at 9:43 pm |
  32. Carla Ontario Canada

One more;

Wow, awesome, just awesome DUDE!

Carla, ON,Canada
    (wink, wink AC)

April 8, 2008 at 9:42 pm |
  33. Carla Ontario Canada

Congratulations everyone at AC360, eh!

Our bloggers are the greatest!

Thanks to our dedicated bloggers!

Thanks to my extended family!

Carla, ON, Canada

April 8, 2008 at 9:37 pm |
  34. Carol B., Virginia

This is great news & hope you win. How about:

CNN: "Sometimes we make news, too."
    "360 good reasons to blog" or

April 8, 2008 at 9:26 pm |
  35. Kathy

How about?

Come see what we're thinking?

April 8, 2008 at 9:19 pm |
  36. Kathy, Chicago

Yippee! Not as cool right now as the KU win, but awesome just the same. How about "Let us know your thoughts." "Keep those blogs coming in". I'll have to think about more and vote for my favorite site!

April 8, 2008 at 9:12 pm |
  37. Jolene

Great news! It's about time. Good Luck and I will be definitely voting. Here are my suggestions:

1) Overjoyed, overwhelmed, over this award.

2) 360 Degrees of blogging gratitude.

April 8, 2008 at 9:05 pm |
  38. Dina

Thanks! What were you thinking?!

April 8, 2008 at 9:03 pm |
  39. Kristien,Antwerp, Belgium

"DUH"

April 8, 2008 at 9:03 pm |
  40. Lori- Boston, MA

To all our bloggers, yeah!

April 8, 2008 at 8:49 pm |
  41. Kristien,Antwerp, Belgium

"Thanks to Kristien in Belgium"

The perfect 5 words if you ask me! (well, you did ask...)

Congrats and keep up the great work.

April 8, 2008 at 8:39 pm |
  42. Mrs. Roberts

You like us! Thank you!

April 8, 2008 at 8:15 pm |
  43. mariquita

Congratulations on the nomination! I'll definitely be casting my vote.

Suggested speech line: "Thanks for keeping us honest!" ::cue cheesy music::

Cynthia M. Genato
    Makati City
    Philippines

April 8, 2008 at 8:12 pm |
  44. Renee

Bloggers, you are the best!

Bloggers, we love you too!

Bloggers made us famous!

Blog with us every night!

AC360 loves its bloggers!

AC360 bloggers rock the web!

360 Bloggers have a voice!

Join us for big discussions!

AC360 bloggers have more muscle!
    (Sorry, Anderson I just couldn't resist!)

Okay, any more will cost you a consulting fee or a free AC 360 t-shirt!

April 8, 2008 at 8:12 pm |
  45. Tammy

Being a nerd apparently does have its perks. Even if the blog is listed as part of celebrity "fluff". Is the show considered "fluff"? Can't figure out how this fits in that category (although the Anderson swooning would qualify it as a fan site I guess).

Here's your speech-"Thanks for recognizing intelligence counts."

Now I think all the female bloggees deserve a Tiffany's gift certificate for our contributions. The guys will have to figure out theirs. 🙂

April 8, 2008 at 8:09 pm |
  46. Cindy

CONGRATS on the nomination! Hope you all win! How about saying in you acceptance speech...

Thanks to all you nuts!!

Thanks for the memories!!

Thanks for all the fun!

Thanks to the 360 regulars!

Cynthia, Covington, Ga.

April 8, 2008 at 7:50 pm |
  47. judystage

David, I signed up, logged in and voted for A/C 360. Your right, it's a good start.

April 8, 2008 at 7:48 pm |
  48. Jo Ann

David,

Congratulations to you, Anderson, and all of the posters and bloggers that contribute to the AC360 Blog! Thank you for thanking us; I appreciate it!

The AC360 Blog is a delight and sometimes a frustration, but I love it and I have enjoyed contributing to it for two years. We’ve been through a lot together.

Thank you for giving us a forum to voice our opinions, exchange ideas, have fun, and sometimes to just blow off steam.

I’ll have to give the acceptance speech some thought, but in the meantime I am off to vote.

Good luck!
    Jo Ann
    North Royalton, Ohio

April 8, 2008 at 7:46 pm |
  49. Lilibeth

Hi David, wow! Congrats on being Webby Award nominees! I'll be sure to cast my vote to help you win this award! As for your way of saying thanks, how about sending us a cool AC360 gift or how about throwing a party for us? Just let me know when and I'll be on the first plane to New York! I believe you know how to contact us...

I'm sure I'll have other ideas...I'll let you know!

Lilibeth
    Edmonds, Washington

April 8, 2008 at 7:39 pm |
  50. Annie Kate

David

Congrats on the recognition; always nice to have hard work and talent recognized. Hope you win.

I don't have a suggestion yet for the five words – brevity is not my strong suit I'm sure there will be others more clever that can help you out on that.

Annie Kate