April 2nd, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 4/2/08

Breaking news tonight – and only 360° has it. Exclusive new information about your safety in the air. Congress is investigating but tonight, a pair of whistle-blowers talk only to CNN's Drew Griffin, telling us the FAA is more interested in protecting airlines than protecting us.  We're keeping them honest.

Please check out a post that may be helpful if you wonder why some comments get posted while others do not. LINK TO COMMENTS POST

And be sure to check out our new live web camera from the 360° studio. The shot features Anderson and Erica behind the scenes on the set. We'll turn the camera on at 945p ET and turn it off at 11p ET. LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

We'll start posting comments to this blog at 10p ET and stop at 11p ET.

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Bonnie

Boy, November can't get here soon enough for me......this is nerve racking.

April 2, 2008 at 10:34 pm |
  2. Ava

Seriously- what is going on with the Clinton Campaign.
    More and more everday it seems like Bill is just gone off the deep end! The things he says, and he's trying to help Hillary? Clinton Camp needs to get off the "Obama isn't electable" They need to ignore it maybe some, hard arguement to make when he leads the nation in the popular vote. where did Eric run off to? Whats the delay on this stream?>

April 2, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  3. Robin s Muskoka Ont

Anderson, thanks for keeping them honest. I have a son that travels frequently and I always worried causing sleepless nights. After seeing your report I don't think I'll get any sleep. How do you deal with it, not like I can keep him away from what he likes and his family abroard. Great show. Robin

April 2, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  4. Lucy, TX

I was so dedicated to Aaron Brown, but you have won me over. Keep up the good, solid journalism.

April 2, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  5. Bob L. Philadelphia, PA

Can't wait to vote on April 22nd. Clinton is the best candidate for the job.

April 2, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  6. Billi

To Andrew....I believe that both Senator Obama and Senator Clinton have said that the money we have wasted on Iraq could have been better used for things like infrastructure.

April 2, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  7. EJ - Ohio

Tennis player could use some anger management sessions.

April 2, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  8. Sam

Do you know Obama talks posiitve on the campaign trail but his compaign sphoksman throw the dirt on Senator Clinton today.

April 2, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  9. Wendy in South-Central PA

Concerning the tightening poll numbers here in PA for the democratic primary, I really think this is going to be a lot closer contest than most people may believe. I live in a relatively conservative area but have noticed many of my neighbors posting yard signs in support of Barack Obama in the past several weeks. Barack's town hall meetings ran out of 2,000 tickets each in a matter of several hours; they had intended to have tickets available this past Saturday and Sunday and tickets were gone a few hours after becoming available on Saturday. I don't think this is a simple matter of a jog in poll numbers; Barack is making a very concerted effort here in the state to get his message out to everyone with particular emphasis on the working class. I was fortunate enough to participate in the Quinnipiac poll two evenings ago as the university called my home and I participated in the survey. I have never been so excited to participate in the political process in my entire life and I feel that the citizens of Pennsylvania are finally going to have a real opportunity to have our voices heard in the upcoming primary.

April 2, 2008 at 10:31 pm |
  10. pati mc., camp hill, pa

Wow! Why on earth would that tennis player smack himself in the face like that> Maybe someone needs some anger management therapy? Guess that is better than hitting the other guy.

LOL – Anderson! Good thing he was not playing darts. Ha ha ha! Good one! That could have been ugly – but on the other hand, maybe dude would have gotten the point! Bwah ha ha ha! be dum dum!

April 2, 2008 at 10:31 pm |
  11. Julie

Darts, LOL!!! very true very true

April 2, 2008 at 10:31 pm |
  12. Brian Persaud

Tennis has become such a violent sport...

April 2, 2008 at 10:30 pm |
  13. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

Perhaps the tennis player just realized he could have had a V8.

April 2, 2008 at 10:30 pm |
  14. Michael in Lafayette, IN

Another Woody Austin moment. (He is a pro golfer who hit himself over the head with his putter, something that I've been tempted to do occasionally).

April 2, 2008 at 10:30 pm |
  15. Zenta N.

Oh, my god! How extreme the tennis player is!

April 2, 2008 at 10:29 pm |
  16. Carla Ontario Canada

No matter what you report on Obama, I just do not trust him. There are too many unanswered questions about his past, judgement etc. However the press continues to glorify him....why!!
    Go Hillary!

April 2, 2008 at 10:28 pm |
  17. Andrew, Lafayette IN

Maybe Obama is looking for an endorsment from Gore to stick it to the Clintons... and what better way to do it?

Someone needs to ask these candidates what they're going to do about our infrastructure.... Bridges, rail, airplanes, roads... the list goes on and one.

How much of the budget goes towards these projects? Nearly nothing.. I bet..

April 2, 2008 at 10:28 pm |
  18. Mike Rodrigues

Oh my gosh!! That is just hilarious. The tennis player just beating the daylights out of himself!! Very funny. Think i woke up my wife laughing.

April 2, 2008 at 10:28 pm |
  19. Brian Persaud

Aww! That Chihuahua is so adorable. Its coat makes it look like a mini Siberian Husky.

April 2, 2008 at 10:28 pm |
  20. Shawn North Carolina

Question? How can Hillary be more electable when she can't even beat Obama? Hummmmm

April 2, 2008 at 10:27 pm |
  21. Sheryl

Gergen does say it as it is – I wish there were more experts that could just say the truth and not have to be so partisan.

April 2, 2008 at 10:27 pm |
  22. Melissa Miami

HAHAHAAH ERICA!!!! good one!!!!!! your are hilarious! ur a good sport anderson.

April 2, 2008 at 10:27 pm |
  23. Chuck in Alabama

Less than half of the superdelegates have come forward with a nod to either candidate. Wonder why that is? I'd like to think it's because they are above the spin and waiting for the race to come full circle.

24. Jana, Indiana

Anderson,

It was nice to have a great discussion by Candy and David. No yelling or trying to talk over each other.

25. slater

I like Hillary, and most I know are voting for her. She is tenacious, persistent, and she won't give up. I like this in a person, much less their race or gender. My feeling is that the thing most against her is that she is a Clinton, and people do not want royal families in America, ie,, Bush – Clinton – Bush – Clinton. They want a new name and new face.

26. Ratna, New York, NY

Some airplanes which have had an enormous amount of mileage on them are sold as second hand vehicles to countries who don't own airplane factories. A little crack in the aluminum skin or the tiniest bolt not fasted properly is fatal.

27. Mike Rodrigues

Recession is possible??!! Seems like were currently in a recession now!! Don't u all think!!??

28. David

Hey Anderson nice picture – FL and Michigan needs to be counted- with out the two states neither Obama nor Clinton can say they won the Popular or delegate vote. Even though Obama looks like a great candidate do the American people really know what he stands for? A question I think needs more scrutiny. What did Obama mean when he said I don’t want them to be ‘Punished with a baby” when de was talking about our children. Can you do some research on that? I believe a baby is a blessing.

29. Pamina

David Gergen has such great insight! Will he blog here too?

30. Jimmy, Montana

Well Anderson I made it 21 minutes. Let's try balance insted of a Obama info-ad. It's sad when I think about this Popaganda!!!!! Off to another channel YOU LOSE!!!!

Jimmy

31. Sarah, Atlanta, GA

I am so sick of hearing about Flordia. They knew what would happen if they moved their primary. Let them live with thier decision.

32. sandy

Did Anderson really ask why "the Clintons" are losing ground in PA? Last I checked, Hilary Clinton's name was on the ballot – not Hillary and her husband. I don't hear Anderson talking about "the Obamas" when referring to the Obama campaign.

33. Monica

this webcam thing has made me realize that we all have a little bit of a stocker inside of us :D... interesting

34. George NY

Anderson, if Hillary's best argument to the super delegates is that she is more electable, does that meant the polls which show the exact opposite with respect to a General Election against McCain are inaccurate? What leg is she really standing on?

35. Ava

GO OBAMA!!!

Speaking of all that spending on ads he's running to beat Hill in PA. Better go and donate some funds! Michelle Obama is awesome!

36. pati mc., camp hill, pa

@comfortablynumb – I agree. The Gerg is the voice of reason in a world of political insanity. He is one of my all time favs on 360.

April 2, 2008 at 10:25 pm |
  37. Brian Persaud

In response to David Gergen's remarks, I don't think Obama is guilt-free here either. I don't like how Hillary is painted out to be the negative nominee, when Obama's campaign definitely hasn't been flawless. Why do we criticize someone for trying to get what they want? I have more faith in Hillary when it comes to going head to head with Republicans.

April 2, 2008 at 10:25 pm |
  38. Sheryl

I am sorry – I think that Gore would be honored to be able to serve his country in this area so important to him. And I think that he HAS SUCH GREAT respect for Obama – he would be honored.

April 2, 2008 at 10:25 pm |
  39. Susan, Des Moines

I think the Clinton's are going to hold on tight. They are not ready to give up all their connections and have less significance in the Democratic party. It's a new era and they aren't facing the reality of the situation. Unfortunately, their behavior comes off as desperate and low class to me.

April 2, 2008 at 10:25 pm |
  40. Maureen T

Once again I too enjoy David Gergen's comments! He knows his stuff!

April 2, 2008 at 10:25 pm |
  41. jane

Candy's not surprised at low life politics? Thank God Gergen has a higher standard. The Clinton's are pit bulls!

April 2, 2008 at 10:25 pm |
  42. LJackson

Love David Gergen! He's right, both campaigns have become more positive.

April 2, 2008 at 10:25 pm |
  43. Becca

I was wondering about the screen on the desk as well, is that the teleprompter that Anderson is looking at?

April 2, 2008 at 10:24 pm |
  44. Jennifer - Michigan

Megan – I didn't see Erica yet. I do see the teleprompter though.

April 2, 2008 at 10:24 pm |
  45. Brent, Roseville CA

David Gergen is the best! He needs to blog as well.

April 2, 2008 at 10:24 pm |
  46. Joseph Kowalski, North Huntingdon, PA

If anything, Hillary Clinton isn't more electable. Her presence on the Democratic side is going to bring out the Republican vote in droves.

April 2, 2008 at 10:24 pm |
  47. Evan Krutchik from New Jersey

Anderson. I think this mess shows the incompetence of the FAA. These airlines better fix the problems now or avoid possible financial troubles.

April 2, 2008 at 10:24 pm |
  48. Nancy Smith

Anderson,
    Why do you keep referring to "the Clintons"? Only Hillary is actually running for President?

April 2, 2008 at 10:24 pm |
  49. Chuck in Alabama

Obama's numbers against McCain tell a story. Those numbers will be worse when MI and FL vote against the DNC and Clinton supporters defect.

April 2, 2008 at 10:23 pm |
  50. comfortablynumb

David Gergen knows it well, he puts the real info on the table and I love watching his segments, they are the truth.

April 2, 2008 at 10:22 pm |