March 24th, 2008
  1. Gretchen

ElNino–Actually, the bulk of her foreign policy experience comes from the Senate Forein Relations Committee–same place as all the boys in the race.

March 24, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  2. Sandy

james carville is a fast thinking, intelligent man....he states the truth and does not apologize for it....hillary clinton is, by far, the most intelligent and experienced candidate....she has endured the most scrutiny of any candidate regarding her entire life (political and private)....obama has been on easy street until the wright ranting situation (and now the current pastor is carrying on the tradition of spewing hatred and racism).....to attend a church that blatantly presents "sermons" such as this for 20 years tells me there is another side to obama....quite frankly, i find it frightening....my vote will be for clinton....she will win this nomination.

March 24, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  3. Megan Dresslar

way to go!!!!!! Donna and Marshall!!!! Congrats!!! I love beat 360!!!
    good night bloggers!!! and Anderson!!!

March 24, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  4. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

Good night. My thoughts go out the the troops today. 4000 lives lost. I appreciate the service of our military and their families..Thank You.

March 24, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  5. Val in PA

Grow up people, anyone who could afford a vacation took one last week, and/or this week. Tons of teenagers in Mexico last week. Now the candidates have to live like their poor to get our votes. Stop your nonsense, please!

March 24, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  6. EJ - Ohio

I think that head bobbling thing Erica does is cute, Anderson. It's one of her signature mannerisms.

March 24, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  7. Jacqui Chan

Erica, I am glad to hear all of your coworkers and neighbors are okay; buildings can be repaired. I am sure that must have been a very scary experience for everyone there!
    On a less important and more girly note, my Mom said to tell you that she loves your hair.

March 24, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  8. Jolene

Ok, I didn't get the Beat 360 winner....went over my head. Nite all!

March 24, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  9. jane

Carville likes low politics. hillary lies like her husband. Go Obama!

March 24, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  10. sam

besides randomly voting 'no' to the war in 2002 ...what else has barack obama voted on pertaining to international policy -which is beter than hillary–can anyone proveit?

March 24, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  11. Rose San Bernardino, Ca

Night Anderson...

March 24, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  12. Maria

Anderson, I think it's completely appropriate that you'd want to know what the new minister thinks of the controversy surrounding the position he just inherited. Keep up the good work! Love you Erica!

March 24, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  13. comfortablynumb

and yes, the SHOK AND AWE program is phenominal, it shows the stuff you guys are capable of doing. Thank you for the great, informative program.

March 24, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  14. Yen

Sorry, I just don't understand why the Bosnia story was breaking news.

March 24, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  15. Melissa R, Louisiana

Why is it that no one, not even James Carville considered Gov. Richardson a traitor when he offered Monica Lewinsky a job to cover Slick Willie's tracks.

I applaud him for standing on his principles. There is too much negativity coming out of the Clinton campaign and I for one will not support her even if she somehow manages to steal the nomination from Senator Obama.

Everyone involved in her campaign is as slick as James Carville, "The Mask".

March 24, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  16. Renee

Please stay on the church issue with Obama. Maybe we can all learn something new. Anyway, it is better than a reporter at the front door of Spitzer's call girl isn't it?

March 24, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  17. Independent Voter

Peppy: Have you been living in a freakin hole for the past week? Its been a dirt fest on Obama. Get your head out of your rear end!!

Can we please talk about McCains wardrum to go to war with Iran???? Or Hillary making up stuff for political sympathy??

March 24, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  18. chanel

Obama was beat up for weeks in the media and that is still not enough for you angry people....

March 24, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  19. Concerned American

Obama is not qualified to be our president only a senator of which he has done very little. That's it for experience: very little.

March 24, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  20. Kasha

Carville should be dismissed from CNN. He just likes to rile things up, as if we don't have enough of that in this year's politics. He makes you guys look bad.

March 24, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  21. Liz - Ontario, Canada

Hillary didn't lie about her experience. It's not like she didn't go. And I am sure she felt like there were snipers all over the place. Bosnia wasn't a friendly place at that time.

March 24, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  22. EJ - Ohio

" Chelsea Clinton is just as big a liar/enabler as her mother. A true Clinton in the making."

I disagree. I think Chelse deserves to be left out of this story. How old was she at that time – 15 ?

March 24, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  23. Russ Hunt

I am a Republican who has read Obama's "Audacity of Hope". He is articulate and well mannered. But then his church...oh boy. It's like an alter ego. I also wonder if this really is how all African American churches are? My church has African Americans and it's nothing like that. In fact a lot of churches I have attended with a heavy African American population is not like that.

To be fair to Clinton, I have read her works as well, she also is a fine American.

All in all I'm going to support McCain....he is just too classic not to.

March 24, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  24. william

I watched James Carville on your show stand up, and say his Judas comment was true. He didn't back down. No apology. Well if Richardson is judas, then that makes Obama the man who paid Judas 30 pieces of silver. What was the 30 pieces of silver Obama paid Richardson? Maybe Anderson can find out since it didn't occur to him to ask whiile he had Carville on.

March 24, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  25. Jo Ann, Ohio

Anderson, I hope your stitches are doing O.K.

Good night Anderson and all!

March 24, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  26. Shaun - Birmingham Al

Dont you think that it would be a good idea to also air some other cermons of black preachers for people to understand the diffrences and similarities. You might want to look at some southern churches as well... you might hear some pretty odd stuff there as well.

March 24, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  27. Nancy - VA

Hey, give Obama a break – he's taking a couple of hard-earned days off with his wife and daughters. I think is shows "good judgment" (couldn't resist) not to keep pushing, pushing, pushing...esp after the two weeks he has just had. I think more journalist need to attend black churches around the country. Enough is enough, Issues, issues are what we care about. We're going under out here and you all are nit-picking... the new pastor, Carvelle's big mouth, etc. Get on with what is important.

March 24, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  28. Robin

When will Sinbad be on AC 360?

He's been vindicated, now, why don't you give him some quality air time to rip on HIS detractors?

THAT would be must-see tv.

March 24, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  29. Elisa

erica what happened to your thumbs?

March 24, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  30. Jeff

Bonnie, that was a visual that I did not need! LOL

March 24, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  31. Julia

Kathy, do a little more "research" about Obama before you compare the two. Obama comes up pretty short in comparison.

March 24, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  32. ElNino

Liz, no one is questioning her courage (although you obviously are greatly exaggerating), what is called into question is her honesty and supposed experience. After all, her supposed foreign policy experience is mostly while she was a first lady...

March 24, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  33. comfortablynumb

Anderson-
    I agree with you that follow-up info should be done on Obama's new pastor since he did mention Wright, but thirty minutes of your show? This is my favorite program!!! Don't let this garbage take up the good news you used to bring.

March 24, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  34. Cindy

What would Carlos get out of killing Andrew!? It sounds more credible that Andrew hired someone to kill him so he wouldn't have to go to prison and so his kids could get money to live on.

Cynthia, Ga.

March 24, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  35. anderson cooper

Eileen.. we will be focusing on the war for the next hour.. i hope you watch the special. we also spent more time on iraq and al qaeda tonite than the wright story. So i understand your frustration, but its not accurate to say we are not covering the war.

March 24, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  36. Saera El Paso, TX

3 minutes about whats on the show
    11 minutes on obama
    13 minutes on our soldiers
    8 minutes on clinton
    15 +/- minutes on millionare murder

justin i think that's pretty fair...
    and there is no 'h' in jon stewart.
    anderson is doing a great job.

March 24, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  37. Megan O. Toronto, ON, Canada

this pastor story is so overdone. This is one of those times where I am glad I am Canadian and dont have to deal with this

March 24, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  38. keith leadhead

/liz is right anybody who goes into a battle zone is very brave. If it was me I would be making the story a little colorful myself. Wouldn't you?

March 24, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  39. Bonnie

Guess Obama & family needed a break. Lets just hope he doesn't show up on the beach in a speedo!!!

March 24, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  40. Jim

Can't wait to see Rev. Wright explain his sermon(s) on Larry King once (if) he returns from Africa.

March 24, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  41. Jake from Indy

I don't understand!!! The media beats up on Obama for weeks about a whole range of issues...and my fellow Hillary supporters are on here STILL SCREAMING about coverage that is BIASED FOR HIM!! This is making me a little timid to support her. You people are absolutely out of your mind! What would make you happy? For Anderson to call him a "flaming buffoon" on the air? Good Grief!

March 24, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  42. florence archuleta

Anderson...Chelsea Clinton has been in the audience while her mother "misspoke" about her Bosnia trip. She's has told this story over and over again. Why didn't Chelsea pull her mother aside and remind her that this is not what happened as she was there too. Chelsea Clinton is just as big a liar/enabler as her mother. A true Clinton in the making.

March 24, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  43. Concerned American

Obama has created division and racial tension in our country in just a very short period of time. Imagine what he could do to our country and our allies in 4 years. Not much of a future. It's a shame so many mistake his inexperince and short sighted political opinions as the next level of leadership. Leaders don't divide they unite, therefore, Obama is not a leader.

March 24, 2008 at 10:52 pm |
  44. Yla

Hahaha Carrie, you are right! I couldn't agree with you more.

March 24, 2008 at 10:52 pm |
  45. Terri

People need to get prospective. My family switched churches because the new church has a lot more kids and activities for kids, a youth group, a choir for the kids, etc...

My point is...I don't always agree with one of the ministers, but he is not the WHOLE church. There are a lot of reasons to attend one church over another.

March 24, 2008 at 10:52 pm |
  46. peppy007

Why don't you people in the media get off Hillary Clintons back and concentrate a little more on some of the dirt in the Obama camp. I do not see how the woman carries on with her campaign when she has the entire media snipping at her like a shark in the ocean and Obama gets by with anything.

March 24, 2008 at 10:52 pm |
  47. Katherine Christophe

Hilary Clinton needs to use unembellished facts while running her campaign. If she is not clear on the facts re: her experiences then she should not use these experiences as examples as how she can lead the world. Especially when they not true facts and only exagerations..

March 24, 2008 at 10:52 pm |
  48. Shaun - Birmingham Al

Hillary did do a lot in her life – but not enough to lead a country. She wants to be president for her own good not ours. She will do and say anything to be president.

March 24, 2008 at 10:52 pm |
  49. mona

Anderson, I can't believe you went there with Candy on Obama vacation. I do not understand why CNN has been playing this video over and over. Both candidates have been working hard for the last 15 months, I think they deserve a R&R time. However, I see this coming to hunt him. When did we start covering politicians vacations? I thought that kind of fodder was reserverd for hollywood.

March 24, 2008 at 10:52 pm |
  50. Mary

Why isn't anyone talking about Mcain's mistatements about Iran training Al Qaeda. This is a guy who is supposedly ahead of the rest in terms of terrorism and yet he makes and false statement so much that Joe Lieberman had to set him straight about Iran and Al Quaeda..

March 24, 2008 at 10:51 pm |