March 24th, 2008
  1. Lesli

I'm sure over the years Clinton has met many more heads of state and made more trips to foreign countries that Obama has. I'm sure that's where she comes from. Travel gives you more of an understanding of your place in the world – experience that cannot be received in reading about or viewing documentaries on other countries. Is it so hard to understand that Clinton's role as First Lady gave her an abundance of these experiences.

It seems so logical to me.

March 24, 2008 at 10:51 pm |
  2. anderson cooper

i dont think its surprising that we would be interested in what the new pastor of barack obama's church had to say in one of his first sermons addressing the controversy over reverand wright. I dont think we were sensationalistic in any way. i know some people feel differently, and that's completely understandable.

March 24, 2008 at 10:51 pm |
  3. Eileen

can we PLEASE stop talking about reverend Wright? Aren't there other things to discuss? Economy? War? I agree with Ebony about watching the whole sermon instead of focusing on those tired snippets.

March 24, 2008 at 10:51 pm |
  4. james-virigina

so...mccain could've been a democrat eh? thank goodness that didnt happen...

March 24, 2008 at 10:51 pm |
  5. Julia

Anderson, Great to have you back and perfect opening! Very nice to see your light side.

Erica, I am glad to hear that all is well, take care of your thumb.

March 24, 2008 at 10:51 pm |
  6. Val in PA

Candy's even professional when answering the "stupid" question. She's is my favorite political report, always thorough, always informed, always fair. Candy's the best...forget all the rest 🙂

March 24, 2008 at 10:51 pm |
  7. DP

Shame Anderson on reporting about Clinton's misstatement about something that happened 12 years ago. Its an absolute shame that you decided to focus your time tonight on this trivial matter which has no bearing in this election to the 'Economic Policy' that she proposed today in Philadelphia. I thought the Economy was America's # 1 Issue. She is the only candidate to come out with a concrete plan. Tonight's AC 360 was a waste of our time. You really disappointed your viewers tonight.

March 24, 2008 at 10:51 pm |
  8. Casey Jones

Please, let's make it clear that there is not now nor has there ever been a WAR in Iraq. What we are living through started as an ALLIED INVASION which has transgressed into an OCCUPATION. The BBC consistently takes the lead in describing our current circumstances as such and I would hope CNN, especialyl AC360, would come around to this reality.

March 24, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  9. chanel

Hey Carrie,
    If you were an employer are you gonna hire the candidate who applies for a job that has no experience or the candidate who lies about their experience? Just a question....

March 24, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  10. randy

Anderson,

Hillary is lying again. You would think she would realize that there is video of everything she did...before she tried to re-write history!

randy

March 24, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  11. Jacqui Chan

– not a dumb ? Anderson
    politics are so crazy, ya never know

March 24, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  12. Christy

I agree with Anderson Obama's on vacation on an island while others are loosing their homes and jobs. Shouldn't he be explaining his policies I mean he could have stayed home and taken a few days off

March 24, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  13. Paul

I happen to agree with Justin's blog- where is the coverage regarding the 4000 dead in Iraq and the responses of VP Cheney's – a man who has never served in the military and when eligible for the draft during the Vietnam War did not serve in the but instead, he applied for and received five draft deferments. Am I the only military person enraged by this hypocrisy? Please.

March 24, 2008 at 10:49 pm |
  14. chanel

Hillary "mispoke" on several occassions....its one thing if it happened once but more than that seems to be a flat out lie..and it is directly related to this campaign so Hillbots can't get mad at this one!

March 24, 2008 at 10:49 pm |
  15. Carrie

Aww, that wasn't a dumb question! I'm sure lots of things could be read into Obama's vacation...:)

March 24, 2008 at 10:49 pm |
  16. carrie

Iam sick of the Obama campaign attacking clinton's eperience considerinf he has none. Why does the press take the bait? Has he been to any European country? Met any world leaders? Gone to Iraq or Afghanistan? When it comes to experience Mccain and Clinton have it.Obama–he stayed in a Holiday Inn Express

March 24, 2008 at 10:49 pm |
  17. ElNino

Senator Clinton's tactic is if you don't ask me about it, I hope my lies will pass...
    Senator Obama's tactic is if there s a problematic issue, tackle it straightforwardly....

March 24, 2008 at 10:49 pm |
  18. Gillian Rosheuvel

I'm not a Clinton or an Obama supporter and I think this controversy about the Bosnia airport is beyond stupid. Is THAT the only way to judge her foreign policy experience? UGH.

Anderson, your fomenting these false controversies is really disappointing. You know better and are capable of better.

March 24, 2008 at 10:49 pm |
  19. Julia

I agree with Adam and Judy's comments completely. Great! These are the issues that need to be addressed.

March 24, 2008 at 10:49 pm |
  20. Lesli

Anderson

When you read what Clinton said, it does seem that a point had been made to her that there was a danger of sniper fire. Perhaps she misunderstood what was meant by "danger of sniper fire" and thought that there acutally was a danger because there was sniper fire.

It seems a moot point to me.

March 24, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  21. Liz - Ontario, Canada

The fact is it was a war zone. She showed courage just by going there. Anyone that goes into a war zone is brave, and Hillary is one of them.

March 24, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  22. deb

I really took exception to the no big deal attitude about Senator Clinton's lies about her trip to Bosnia. For two weeks on your news channel I as a Barack Obama supporter have had to see the words of his pastor over and over and over and over and yet the mistruths by the candidate are no big deal. Since when do the words of someone else not connected with the campaign become so much more important then the words of the candidate herself? I'm disgusted at the bias on your news channel.

March 24, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  23. Hutch

Thank you, Pat Anderson. Exactly my sentiments.

Amazes me that the media don't realize it's a bold faced lie.

March 24, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  24. cindy

How in the world are we to take Obama seriously with this show that has been put on by his old arrogant Pastor and Obamas obliviousness to . He profeccess to be a "christian" when he himself sits his rear end at the pool side for the most spiritual and important Christian Holiday – Easter. The week leading up to Easter Sunday is called "Holy Week" or "Passion week" for a reason. He wasn't in church to hear his old pastors coomments for the first go round and now with a new pastor he wasn't there for Easter as well. When does he go to church? These events truly give me cause to question the depth of his "christianity". Does it just sound good or look good? Is it just the image he is after?

March 24, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  25. Matt in Plano, TX

I agree Justin – McCain freely accepts the political support of Hagee and other right-wing evangelical crazies yet only gives them a slap on the wrist (no denouncing like Obama did to Wright) – where's the media attention on them????

March 24, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  26. Bridget, St. Pete, FL

Why are you in the media allowing Hillary to get away with telling a flat out lie, yet you excoriated Barack for something that someone else said? Misspoke my foot...she lied and the video proves she lied!

March 24, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  27. Stacy

Yes Rose, it is. It's also the same president that said the Iraq War was just a comma in history.

March 24, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  28. Amy, Philly, PA

As an Obama supporter, I find the Bosnia story "eye-roll" worthy, but certainly not "breaking-news" worthy.

March 24, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  29. Jo Ann, Ohio

Everything these candidates say from now on will be clouded in suspicion. I hope the voters are becoming more sophisticated about politics in general.

March 24, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  30. Marlyn (NJ)

REGARDLESS WHAT HAPPENS I REALLY REALLY 'HOPE' OBAMA IS OUR NEXT PRESIDENT!!!

March 24, 2008 at 10:47 pm |
  31. nazy

if obama wins, i will vote for mccain....... i'd rather have mccain then obama...

March 24, 2008 at 10:47 pm |
  32. Kathy

Hillary misspoke?? Sounds like a Clinton thing. Bill has misspoken several times himself.

March 24, 2008 at 10:47 pm |
  33. Kathy, Chicago

I Tivoed Thursday's viewing of Shock and Awe and I recomend it to everyone. There were interesting facts presented that I had forgotten about. It was sad to hear of the 4000th soldier killed yesderday.

March 24, 2008 at 10:47 pm |
  34. Justin

Oh and after 40 some minutes of Obama and theology now we'll say a tid bit about Clinton. This is NUTS!

Is John Stewart on yet....I'm done with this site. Good luck finding yourself Cooper. I hope you figure it out someday. Be a journalist again rather than a game show host.

March 24, 2008 at 10:47 pm |
  35. Patt

Since it was soooo dangerous for the President to go to Bosnia, why in the world would he send his wife--AND daughter?!? I believe that is Chelsea at her mothers side in the video.

March 24, 2008 at 10:47 pm |
  36. janice

Erica, is your house in Atlanta ok?

March 24, 2008 at 10:47 pm |
  37. comfortablynumb

There it is for everyone who says CNN gives Hillbillary a free ride. She is not perfect and they point out her flaws just like everyone else's, and I am just glad they got that covered for all of you guys.

March 24, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  38. Alheli Picazo (pronounced "Ala-lee Picasso"

I think the problem isn't the fact that these men are Obama's pastors, the problem is that they are pastors at all!

Religious leaders should be inspiring through a positive message and spreading peace. Any time a man (or woman) religious leader needs to yell and scream like a banshee to "spread a message of god", I seriously question that persons' credentials.

A true leader can empower people through positive messages and normal dialogue...when someone has no true leadership ability they must resort to negativity and screaming.

March 24, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  39. Cindy

I'm sorry that 4000 people have died in Iraq but people die in wars that is just how it is. No one has ever gotten freedom without people dying.

Cynthia, Ga.

March 24, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  40. Claire in Birmingham, AL

My best friend was killed in Baghdad three years ago, and my cousin is over there now. It seemed a good idea at the time to me when this whle thing started. But now, I so desperately want this war to be over.

March 24, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  41. Jack

My real problem with Obama is the lack of judgment by defending his relationship wth Rev Wright. He was always critizing Clinton for not admitting she was wrong on the war. Yet he has not admitted he was wrong for remaining a member of that church.

March 24, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  42. Dale

4000 troops , wow, I wonder how many more if we are in this for "100 more years"
    does that total include Afghanistan ?

March 24, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  43. Rose San Bernardino, Ca

Is this the same President that said "it must be romantic to be in the frontline of the war"?

March 24, 2008 at 10:44 pm |
  44. Marlyn (NJ)

I love your show Anderson!!! and Erica is a great contribution to your show : )

Keep up the good work! your one of the best on CNN!!!

Wolf Blizter is great too!!!

March 24, 2008 at 10:44 pm |
  45. EJ - Ohio

I also agree that the piece on the 5 year anniversary of Iraq was great and I ended up watching it several times over the weekend. I hope we are not there 5 years from now. I'm one of those people who have follows the news in Iraq but I can't get too immersed or I'll become a complete wreck. I really feel for the soldiers and their familes and the innocent civilians who are often forgotten about. Its almost too much to let it all sink in – but I haven't forgotten.

March 24, 2008 at 10:44 pm |
  46. Kathy

Why is everyone giving John McCain a free ride on his right wing pastors that he sought endorsements from? You hammer Obama on a regular basis, but never once talk about McCain and the "crazy" ministers he is associated with.

We should also be concerned about Hillary Clinton using the first lady roll as experience on her presidential resume. If I have been reading things correctly, she really doesn't have that much more experience than Obama. I believe Mr. Obama served in the Illinois State Legislature and as a US Senator. The real experience tally is close. Why is everyone so afraid of the Clintons?

I do like your show. Thanks.

March 24, 2008 at 10:44 pm |
  47. Kelli

Anderson,

It's the things that "pop" out of your mouth that make you not only an extraordinary journalist but also such a lovable guy. Loved the "dude" comment. Love your banter with Erica. You are both a great team.

March 24, 2008 at 10:43 pm |
  48. midas

Lots of people who have something to say about Pastor Wrights comments have have not heared his whole sermon, Obama's initial response, nor his final speech. Its sad that everybody jumps on things that make them feel better about themselves. As far as there is someone else to point fingers at for being rascist.

March 24, 2008 at 10:43 pm |
  49. Justin

LOL hooray ....as Cooper lowers his voice, and starts talking about Iraq....

Only 42 minutes into your show. Good thing you got the pastor deal out of the way. I'm glad you showed all the clips of John McCain's spiritual endorsers. Do you see the hipocrisy of this whole thing yet?

March 24, 2008 at 10:43 pm |
  50. erica hill

Jacqui, it's very kind of you to ask. Everyone is OK - coworkers and neighbors, too. Apparently some of the damage in CNN Center was in the area where my former show team works and near the Headline News studio, but thankfully everyone is alright.

March 24, 2008 at 10:43 pm |