March 24th, 2008
  1. josh

the democractic party is extremely pathetic and laughable. and mcain is a snooze. our country is in trouble regardless of who gets elected.

March 24, 2008 at 10:43 pm |
  2. Megan O. Toronto, ON, Canada

Last night when Rick Sanchez came on with the breaking news of 4000 soldiers dead, I broke out in tears. Every death is so sad but hearing the number is just overwhelming

Nice to see Peter Bergen on

March 24, 2008 at 10:43 pm |
  3. mona

4000 troops, when is this going to settle in for president and vice president.? Vice had the nerve to say "SO"

March 24, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  4. Judy

I still do not see why the majority do not question the vast lack of experience Obama has given the times in which we live: two wars, threats from abroad, a struggling economy, etc. Yet, people migrate to one who could not pull himself from a campaign trail when the last major vote came up.???
    Why don't people look at Sen. Clinton's influence on the vast array of health policy since her days as first lady in Arkansas as well her accomplishments as a Sen. from NY? Who could possibly be more alert to potential foreign threats: a senator from NY, the state that has lived through two key attacks from our enemy or a senator of limited experience that never had to face the harsh decision to attack an enemy of the USA.
    NC

March 24, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  5. Grace Benjamin

It was refreshing for a change to listen to Joe Kline & James Carvel put an end to the usual spin on Senator Clinton. It is so obvious that you folks at CNN are very anti-Clinton. Barrack Obama is an unknown...he is far from being perfect....and certainly not being truly honest about the depth of his relationship with Rev. Wright.

March 24, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  6. Scott

Anderson, Any party that feels the need to put in place a "smarter than the people" group of "Super Delegates" accountable only to themselves, has no room to rant about hearing every voter. If that was the true intent we would not have super delegates.

March 24, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  7. Debra (Florida)

This wars need to end..4000 people soldiers are dead over this foolishness. Lives have been disrupted all over this country to save another country. This country needs the help.

March 24, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  8. John

I agree with Carville. Richardson is now political poison because all his interviews have been contridictions from what he orginally says.

March 24, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  9. jerry pratt

I think some people need to lay off the clinton, she seems to be the only one with any knowledge about reality in America and I' never heard her or any friends curse America and stay in their campaign. i also think the delegates and super delegates need to vote the way the people want them to. I do not like the guy in New Mexico, iI think he is a traitor and should vote the people's way. did those 1000 people not count just like mi and fl? If you gave Hillary one-half the coveerage as you give obama, she might be ahead he doesn't have to pay for tv coverage, you all on cnn give it to him. you jump on everything about Hillary and mollycoddle obama. I think the media has made the campaign racial and gender. I want vote if I have to vote for obama!!! now keep things equal. are you afraid she might get the republican mess cleaned up? I'd rather have a clinton than an American G___ damnerbacker, or a war crazy nut that can't control his temper. back off leave HILLary alone. I never met a man than doesn't boast or try to make themselves look good. SO< Hillary misspoke, Obama lets everyone speak for him, ISTHE MEDIA AFRAID OF OBAMA?????????

March 24, 2008 at 10:40 pm |
  10. Adam

Not sure why everyone seems to forget that the popular vote does not matter in a general election. What we really need to look at is a state by state analysis so see who (Obama v Clinton) won the states that are needed and could be won against the republican. Under this analysis Sen Obabma won many states that he has no chance of winning in November.

One purposes of the super delegates is to look a this and put forward the candidate that has the best chance of winning a gernal elction using the electoral college system. This may be the Hillary Clinton.

March 24, 2008 at 10:40 pm |
  11. EJ - Ohio

I would have more respect for McCain if he would truly be himself. You can tell that he has individual opinions but that he has to pander to Bush's base. He is more effective when he comes out and says what he really believes. I don't think the real McCain would have lobbied for endorsements of right wing fringe pastors.

March 24, 2008 at 10:40 pm |
  12. Denise

I find that people really dont understand what happens in black churches and really the media needs to keep out of the Church. What is it that the media want, should they all just pack up and stop going to church? Why dont people try to go in and find out whats keeping all those people there. Are they all unpatriotic? The question is should you all start reporting on the good things that happening in this church. There just might be more good than bad. These people are just all not idiots, do we dare to find out.

March 24, 2008 at 10:39 pm |
  13. Angelo - Tennessee

It is so interesting to hear that McCain might have at one time been interested in being a democrat. Anderson or Erica, has there ever been a republican/democratic ticket within the last 50 years or so. In fact, in one of my grad school classes, we were talking about how successful Obama would be if he had a republican as a VP.

March 24, 2008 at 10:39 pm |
  14. Terry

Just wanted to point out that these are the reasons Americans are becoming more and more unpopular around the world.

1) In a country that "fights" so much for democracy EVERYONE should be allowed to freely "endorse" whomever they choose. So enough of the whining and name calling.

2) The issue about Michigan and Florida voters is the BEST example out there of how Americans are viewed by the rest of the world. They think we are big on rules and yet we don't play by the rules unless they are to our benefit. If we don't like it or think we can't get out with the best hand we try to change the rules of invent new ones to suit our benefit. There were clearly defined rules regarding the dates for these primaries and they were clearly broken. Much to the unfairness of the voters.

March 24, 2008 at 10:39 pm |
  15. Kent Fitzsimmons,Illinois

Richardson is terrific. The Clintons truly believe in the " if I do this for you, you do this for me" way of doing things. They didn't seem to want Richardson for a VP so, hey, he is on his own right? Wrong.........He looks good next to Obama.

March 24, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  16. chickenhawk

Coop,

Give the Obama love fest a break. Let's have some fun with the election and let everyone have a real chance.

March 24, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  17. Terri - Canada

Does AC360 even get we don't care about the pastor anymore?? I hope you do!

March 24, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  18. Jacqui Chan

Hey Erica, Are all of your former coworkers okay since the storm?

March 24, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  19. Christy

Sorry but does anyone realize that with no votes from MIchigan and Florida that this is going to cause a problem for the Democrats I thought this was America the land of democracy.

Regardless of what Carville said at least he his honest and is loyal. More than most people I have to admit the dude comment was very funny 🙂

Whats up with your panel they think that the new and the old pastor wont make a difference for Obama? They obviously haven't visited middle America lately

March 24, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  20. Hannah

Can we please move past Obama's pastor, I miss more offbeat stories.

March 24, 2008 at 10:37 pm |
  21. Cindy

A lot of people have flip flopped from one party to the other. So what if McCain thought about it.

Cynthia, Ga.

March 24, 2008 at 10:37 pm |
  22. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

There is a lot of very moderate Republicans who once were conservative Democrats. That's not unheard of at all.

March 24, 2008 at 10:37 pm |
  23. Paul

I'm sorry to disagree with EV, but when a Presidential candidate's pastor uses the "N" word, it seems like news to me. Some do judge those by the company they keep; this guy is ridiculous. The Obama's had this guy marry them. And, the pastor appears to have zero judgment on what might be approriate to say.

March 24, 2008 at 10:37 pm |
  24. mary

Oh no ,not that again...the pastor.... don't you have anything else to talk about...Thank you

March 24, 2008 at 10:36 pm |
  25. Justin

Anderson Cooper!!!!! Grrrrr!!!

Didn't Gergen and Martin tell you the other day to get back to issues? Why are you delving into theology? I DON'T CARE about the new pastor!!

How about 4,000 dead in Iraq...great coverage last night...where is it today? Forgotten news, hey...where's that video of the pastor?

I remember you from the Channel One days back when I was in school. What courage you showed. Dangerous assignments really filling people in on the world around them and what life is like in dire situations. Where did that guy go? Look deep Cooper, really deep he's there somewhere.

March 24, 2008 at 10:36 pm |
  26. Tipper1000

Why is Obama being held to account for what other people (his pastors) say when Hillary is not being held to account for what she herself said on Bosnia – which is core to her supposed "experience" argument????????

March 24, 2008 at 10:35 pm |
  27. Terri - Canada

Pat Anderson, they are playing it down so they can show Obama's pastor...i dont' get it..do you??
    If anyone can explain why that isn't more worthy (a politician lying basically)...of coverage than someone's pastor... please feel free to.

March 24, 2008 at 10:35 pm |
  28. Linda Seaton

Barack Obama is going to be our next prez because he is refreshinly honorable.

March 24, 2008 at 10:34 pm |
  29. EV

Anderson,

This is pretty low. Why is CNN sending reporters to cover a worship service, for the hopes of catching some provocative statement? On Easter Sunday at that? This is not news. I don't agree with Wright's statements, but this is extremely invasive to still cover this church like this. Let this congregation have their Easter celebration and worship in peace.

March 24, 2008 at 10:34 pm |
  30. Chris

There is no way I would ever vote for Obama,since he worship in that church.

March 24, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  31. Michael in Lafayette, IN

Wow. Sen. Obama might want to steer clear of the new Reverand as well.

March 24, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  32. Blake Anderson

The president and the Easter Bunny

"I do believe in you. I do, I do, I do!"

March 24, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  33. Paul

It's a real shame that any potential of Clinton and Obama joining up for the ticket seems to have been destroyed. This uncertainty about the democratic candidate is painful; this needs to get done, so that the country can focus on the future.

March 24, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  34. Megan O. Toronto, ON, Canada

I really don't understand why Richardson is getting so much grief for this, He can endorse anyone he chooses too. Just because he worked for Bill Clinton years ago does not mean he needs to endorse Hillary now.

I say good for Bill Richardson for not giving in to what was expected of him. Now what will happen if Edwards, Gore or Biden also endorse Obama???

March 24, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  35. Pat Anderson

I have been watching this US Presidential race closely, and I had to shake my head tonight in disbelief. You Americans are a piece of work. Hilary Clinton told an outright lie, and you people are down playing it. The woman is a liar and call a spade a spade. If this was Barack Obama, Anderson Cooper, Sean Hannity and Bill Orrielly would probably be calling for criminal charges to be filed. Unfortunately my opinion does not matter , I'm only a Jamaican living in Jamaica W.I.

March 24, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  36. Nick, Atlanta GA

Anderson, the "dude" comment was classic. You totally nailed him with that, and had him stammering for a good five minutes! Can't wait to watch that repeatedly on YouTube, hahahaha

March 24, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  37. Danny, VA

After we cover his new Pastor, can we cover his mailman, then his barber... Then maybe we can view his views on the war, and then we'll need to see his Dentist, of coarse... Maybe then we can then make a good decision on if he's worthy of the Presidency...

March 24, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  38. Jolene

It would be interesting what the superdelegates think about the whole Obama pastor stuff. Is it affecting or changing their stance or decision?

March 24, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  39. Michael in Lafayette, IN

The fact that Carville and the Clinton group are having a fit over Richardson's backing of Obama just shows how much they are behind and how seriously they view the loss of even one delegate.

March 24, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  40. Abdou A

Now I feel like Bill and Hugh Heffner

March 24, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  41. Phil Jones

Bill Clinton is the one who appointed Gov. Richardson to those positions. Hillary had nothing to do with it. so the governor owes her nothing. Hillary has repeatedly stated during the debates that her husband is not the candidate, she is. Governor Richardson paid Bill Clinton back by doing as outstanding job. He owes them nothing!

March 24, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  42. Angelo - Tennessee

Anderson,

I just don't understand what the deal is with Jeremiah Wright and Barack Obama. The media is perpetuating this questioning of Obama's patriotism because of Wright's speech because they can't find anything else to talk about Obama on. Personally, I think that the media is in large part the creators of the rift in the Democratic party and I wish that folks would just focus on the issues and not the he said/she said business.

Love the show though!!

March 24, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  43. Hutch

What is "misspoke"?

The woman lied about her trip to Bosnia. We make up words and use vague words to cover up bad behavior. If a child had made up such a story we would have reprimanded him or her for lying. Hillary Clinton told a lie. It's that simple. And then she went on to explain the lie in a bumbling statement that made her appear untelligent and stupid . And at this point I'm neither an Obama nor Hillary fan.

Thanks for your good work, Anderson.

March 24, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  44. Jessica

Okay, maybe Rev. Wright's comments warranted a LITTLE coverage, but this new guy? It's a stretch...
    Also, that's a creepy video! Hope Obama got some well-deserved R&R.
    Oh, Joe Klien. Convince white people? That term sounds even more dumb than when it's said on FOX. Oy.

March 24, 2008 at 10:31 pm |
  45. Julia

Hillary was the first lady and Bosnia was then still a dangerous place. I am sure that she was fully briefed on the situation (danger level etc.) She was under Secret Service Protection.They uniformally hate “pressing the flesh”, which is always hairy for them. They want their charges out of the plane and into the auto as quickly as possible. It just might be that she was ushered along after the initial meet and greet. When they say move, she moves and may have thought other things were going on. I spent two years in Kosovo, similar situation, different place. When Bill Clinton arrived at Camp Bondsteel, security was tight. I have seen how the Secret Service can move their charges around quickly, from place to place etc. and that person is listening and moving and is following instructions and may not be aware of everything that the Service guys are and can think that danger is there when it may not be. The Secret Service keep their people alive by being super vigilant and by a perpetual sense of institutional paranoia. They don’t want anythng to happen. Remember the Kennedys and M.L. KIng. They don’t want a repeat. Investigate this fully and give her the benefit of the doubt. Glennville Ga.

March 24, 2008 at 10:31 pm |
  46. Terri - Canada

Is CNN trying to bring down Obama by bringing up his pastors every single night?? RIDICULOUS!!!
    I'd like to see you spend this much time on something in Clinton's past... please even the playing field.
    it's enough already..really.

March 24, 2008 at 10:31 pm |
  47. Sonya Bodden

It’ so obvious CNN support Hillary Clinton and John McCain, case-and-point James Carville works for you so you down play his comments; John McCains seeking the endorsement of controversial church leaders is down played. Why? Is race showing in your broadcast?

March 24, 2008 at 10:31 pm |
  48. Melissa Miami

Anderson,
    I watched your Obama hour long special last week and you mentioned you invited HIllary as well, but she hasn't responded. You didn't mention if you invited McCain to do an hour long special as well. I am no McCain supporter but in the spirit of being fair and unbiased, shouldn't you have invited McCain as well?

March 24, 2008 at 10:30 pm |
  49. mona

Nice to see u back Anderson, I like CNN but I think that u guys are starting to focus on the side show as Mr Carville mentioned. Otherwise, I thought u did a great a job with Mr Carville

March 24, 2008 at 10:30 pm |
  50. Frank in Chicago

No jail time for one of the 'Barbie Bandits'? Please find one black kid that has gotten off so lightly EVER. I think I can understand where Minister Wright is coming from.

March 24, 2008 at 10:30 pm |