March 24th, 2008
  1. Peter Beaman

The argument against Carville doesn't even have to be "We have to follow the rules, they shouldn't count", it's that Carville is saying that no matter how messed up the proposed format is, not accepting the any prosposal is the same thing as not accepting *any* proposal. Carville knows what he's doing, and he loves that he can just sputter around an answer whenever it's brought up. It's simple political spin, and it's sickening.

March 24, 2008 at 10:30 pm |
  2. Kaitlyn

I hate that everyone is making it such a big deal that Richardson endorsed Obama, as if he cannot have an opinion.

March 24, 2008 at 10:30 pm |
  3. gabriel

Anderson
    Now I love your show but even you are starting to wearing me out. The Bosnia story about Hillary while of some interest did not warrant the story. I am glad you had James Carville on and loved the interaction. GO JAMES CARVILLE no.....B.....S......

If we are going to do tabloid press then lets do Atlanta Retail Video Booths 'Intersection'

I know this post wont make it

March 24, 2008 at 10:30 pm |
  4. Russ

Mr carville is the perfect person to represent the clinton campaign. Typical washington politician. Double talk, miss direct and a hypocrite

March 24, 2008 at 10:30 pm |
  5. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

I guess I just don't know why the new Pastor has to scream just like the Rev Wright. It just feels so angry not uplifting.

March 24, 2008 at 10:30 pm |
  6. Jo Ann, Ohio

I guess Obama's church is going to make Wright into a martyr. I don't know how that will sit with the Democratic blue collalr workers. Not good I suspect.

March 24, 2008 at 10:30 pm |
  7. trusting08, Delaware

Why are you playing the pastor again? What's going on with CNN?

March 24, 2008 at 10:29 pm |
  8. Ron - Maryland

Hey Anderson, I personally served in Bosnia Herzegovina as a Military Intelligent Agent who was responsible for the safety and intelligence of her trip to Tuzla Airbase along with my team members. I was apart of the IFOR military force who was in Bosnia during the initial landing of our forces at the Airport and remained there all year long.

So here is the facts, my team was monitoring all of the airspace and ground activity and there was no sniper fire during, before or after her visit to Tuzla Airbase. If so, her plane would not have been permitted to land.

She came to our base and meets with officials, then took a Helicopter ride to another base to meet soldiers not located at Tuzla Airbase. She then returned to Tuzla where I had the honor to personally meet with Hillary and Chelsea and introduce her to my team, before they left to head back to other parts of Europe.

My team was responsible to monitor the security of all governmental officials and their guest during their visit within the Tuzla region.
    The truth, Senator Clinton and her daughter flew into the region and meet with Senior Members of the Military, military soldiers and the Bosnian Government. As I stated before, there was no sniper fire during her visit.

March 24, 2008 at 10:29 pm |
  9. Sal

Anderson. You are disapointing me man. You need to be covering seroius issues than Obama's pastor.

March 24, 2008 at 10:29 pm |
  10. trusting08, Delaware

CNN is letting Carville walk.

March 24, 2008 at 10:27 pm |
  11. Santiago/Kalamazoo, MI

I am Latino that was hoping for a big endorsement from Richardson to Clinton before the Texas primary. When I hear he endorsed Obama I couldn't believe it. Many words crossed my mind to explain what he just did. Carville explained better. Thank you for saying what many of us think about Richardson in the last few days. Richardson made a bad move.

March 24, 2008 at 10:27 pm |
  12. erica hill

Hi, EJ - we are both in NY. Until about 2 months ago, I worked at Headline News in Atlanta and did the cut-ins from there.

March 24, 2008 at 10:27 pm |
  13. anderson cooper

yes, i did actually call him dude. not sure where that came from exactly.. but it just kind of popped out..

March 24, 2008 at 10:27 pm |
  14. Lostfigs

Claire in Birmingham, AL:

That's right Richardson should have his own voice and so should all of the other Super delegates; don't you think?

March 24, 2008 at 10:27 pm |
  15. Sal

Anderson. Why do you care about Obama's pastor? Anderson you should be covering real stories instead of somebody's pastor.

March 24, 2008 at 10:27 pm |
  16. Terri - Canada

Crazy brides...that was hilarious! Was that really Erica??

March 24, 2008 at 10:27 pm |
  17. Brent, Roseville CA

Erica: Did you body-check anyone to get the right dress?

March 24, 2008 at 10:27 pm |
  18. nazy

james carville, you are the man.... thank you for speaking for all of us..

March 24, 2008 at 10:26 pm |
  19. Frank P.

Great Question.....

To: James Carville

If Bill Richardson is Judas for supporting Barack, who then would Al Gore be if he were to support Barack?

March 24, 2008 at 10:26 pm |
  20. Natalie

Let's get off of Obama's pastors, the new one is cute. Glad to have Anderson back.

March 24, 2008 at 10:26 pm |
  21. John Tucker

Hey everybody. Good evening. Is anyone else put off my Clinton's mis-statement? I don't look at that only as a discredit to her experience but also a problem with her credibility. Are pundits afraid to question her character because that is important isn't it?

March 24, 2008 at 10:26 pm |
  22. Gretchen

@Peter–it was pretty widely reported that Obama supporters in both State legislatures were the ones blocking the revote. The voters *excluded* were people who already voted in the Republican primary. I know of absolutely no state where voters are allowed to vote in both the Republican and Democrat primary. It's nothing more than an obfuscation used to delay the process and hide the real motives...just like old times!

March 24, 2008 at 10:26 pm |
  23. Alfonso Colindres

It is sad to have people who have the right to speak on TV and have being ignorants of reality. Bill Richardson is a LATIN JUDAS, you can not see it because you are the same kind of humans. Carville is right but you need hundreds of years to see it. I am compouser musician, inventor and writer I am not in politics, but you media guys are playing fool and too bad that you do not show our comments in your programs. I hope that you build brains in your heads some day to save America from dwarves.

March 24, 2008 at 10:25 pm |
  24. Jolene

No way, you would never catch me running like a fool for a good deal on a wedding dress.......ok...maybe for diamonds or pearls! LOL!

March 24, 2008 at 10:25 pm |
  25. Gwyn

James Carville is a mouth piece for the Clintons. I find it difficult to think of him as a "CNN Contributor", that title seems to imply some level of objectivity. Clearly there is none. He is offensive to listen to and even worse to watch. He mentioned that the Clinton's wanted him to talk about healthcare and not Richardson.....whose payroll is he on? CNN or the Clinton's? Both? CNN is getting rooked!

March 24, 2008 at 10:25 pm |
  26. Lostfigs

James Carville is one of the smartest men in America. He uses his country accent to disarm then goes in for the jugular when you least expect it.

March 24, 2008 at 10:25 pm |
  27. Richard

Anderson,
    Can you please explain why, in this age of instant communication, we are not using the popular vote to elect our president.
    Richard

March 24, 2008 at 10:25 pm |
  28. katherine

Carville just noted that people should be more judicious in their remarks--Whew! - what an audacious remark by such a flawed personality.

He really should be used judiciously by CNN - He is an angry Clinton partisan and behaves badly– SHUT HIM DOWN! Thank you.

March 24, 2008 at 10:25 pm |
  29. Bee

I am very disappointed in your show tonight. You are not elevating the discourse on race. Why do we need to re-examine sermons at Rev Wright's church? Why is that serious stuff? Isn't CNN fanning the flames of divisiveness around this story? Have you spent any time checking out Senator Clinton's pastors or Senator McCain's? And why is James Carville given 5 minutes on your show to repeat his statements about Gov Richardson? Why is the blue dress comment given prominence? We want to hear what the candidates are saying and doing! If they are taking a break, then report that and talk about other stories!

March 24, 2008 at 10:25 pm |
  30. nazy

Richardson is a sore looser... he would want anyone to win but the clintons based on his personal view that others should have a chance to become president. too. oh well if you had what it takes to become the president, maybe you would have...... dont be jelous Bill..........

March 24, 2008 at 10:25 pm |
  31. EJ - Ohio

I was just reading about where AC360 broadcasts. I didn't realize that Anderson broadcasts from New York but Erica is in Atlanta? Is that true? For some reason – I remember seeing them in the same room a few tims – Am I just a confused individual?

March 24, 2008 at 10:24 pm |
  32. Michael DeBinder

It is incredible to me that both Barrack and Hillary embellish, pander, and distort the truth about one issue after another. Typical politics, it really has become a joke for the democrats. As much as we want to remember that his is a truly historic event that both a black man and a woman seek the most powerful office in the land, we spend time talking about race, half truths, and pastors. All this will only strengthen McCain and show that while this was the year if any in some time a democrat could win and won't. When will they stop and focus on the issues........it's the economy stupid...........

March 24, 2008 at 10:24 pm |
  33. Sara, Oklahoma

James Carville reminds me of Skeletor.

March 24, 2008 at 10:24 pm |
  34. Phil, Boston, MA

I don't get this argument from Carville about excluding FL and MI. Had the primary season awarded the nomination earlier, as in previous years, those states wouldn't have gotten to vote anyway (that is if they hadn't violated the rules that ALL candidates agreed to about the timing of state primaries). Would he then be saying, 8% of the Democratic party hasn't been heard from? Similarly, his claim that Obama "didn't want" a redo is a way masking the fact this his candidate wants to change the rules as the game is ending. Puhleeze!

March 24, 2008 at 10:23 pm |
  35. melissa florida

James Carville is very out spoke but he needs to be careful for Hillary sake.

March 24, 2008 at 10:23 pm |
  36. erica hill

comfortablynumb – i, too, am interested in learning more about why they have picked up the chauffeur and why it took two years. you want authorities to build a case and not arrest people on a hunch, but there are still many questions to be answered. you're lucky randi is on the case!

March 24, 2008 at 10:23 pm |
  37. Danny

Carville's complaining about whining, yet his remarks against Richardson endorsing Obama and going so far as name calling, like a child is something other than whining?

March 24, 2008 at 10:23 pm |
  38. Amy, Philly, PA

Why won't you leave that church alone?

March 24, 2008 at 10:23 pm |
  39. Ebony

Can we please stop playing snippets of sermons from Sen. Obama's church? Anderson, please don't feed into this media frenzy. I encourage you to watch the entire sermon, then discuss the real issues that these men are bringing up. No issue is truly black and white. Think about it.

March 24, 2008 at 10:23 pm |
  40. Jeff

Bill Richardson is a traitor. And to think he would have been a good vp for her. Oh well, I guess he is just a 'typical latino'. NOT. No one is typical, we are all american. Even if we are 'typical americans'.

March 24, 2008 at 10:23 pm |
  41. Terri - Canada

Oh no....another pastor incident? Can we dig up something on Hilary's pastor? I'm sure they've done something insane as well.

hope the finger heals quickly Erica!

March 24, 2008 at 10:23 pm |
  42. kenneth

If we simply dismiss Senator Clinton's commits as misspoken words, then we are falling into the same traps that Present Bush set for America that ended with the U.S. going to war with Iraq.

March 24, 2008 at 10:23 pm |
  43. Lostfigs

Cindy: you're right! You know his 30 pieces of Silver are worth a nice job...

March 24, 2008 at 10:22 pm |
  44. Joshi

Anderson,
    Why are u so scared to ask questions to James Carvell? You seems to acting as if you support his statement . I hope you interview on non-bais basis..

March 24, 2008 at 10:22 pm |
  45. Claire in Birmingham, AL

Lostfigs, so Richardson is not supposed to have an opinion of his own? He can endorse whoever he wants, no matter how his states voted.

March 24, 2008 at 10:22 pm |
  46. Randy J

Anderson,

I've always enjoyed watching your program, although I have to wonder why you are letting Mr. Carville off the hook like this? He has not answered one question put forth to him. He is just making the statement over and over again.

Please, once again ask him why Richardson is a "judas" for endorsing the person he feels is best for his party. Does working for Mr. Clinton hand cuff him to Mrs. Clinton?

March 24, 2008 at 10:22 pm |
  47. janice

Great job tonight – great show! Bill Richardson is right, Clinton's have a sense of entitlement to the Presidency – and he worked for Bill, not Hillary, what does that tell you.

March 24, 2008 at 10:22 pm |
  48. Amy, Philly, PA

Could you point out that Clinton agreed to the original decision by the DNC to not seat the delegates in Michigan and Florida, just like Obama and Edwards did. If she had stood up for "voter's rights" then, maybe she wouldn't have to be fighting for re-votes now. Hmm, wonder why she didn't do that....

March 24, 2008 at 10:21 pm |
  49. Brent

Carville is a donkey just looking for some attention. Who cares what he thinks. Your question to him that he didn't answer was a good one Anderson, is Richardson supposed to do what he believes is best for the country or to pay back political favors?

March 24, 2008 at 10:21 pm |
  50. Louis LoPresti

Carville is a relic from the Clintonista days, listen closely to this guy, he sounds like Hillary, "Im not insider, I'm not a Washington guy" BS!
    Tell that ole crow to go home and roost.

March 24, 2008 at 10:21 pm |