March 24th, 2008
  1. Lawrence Smith

Carville doesnt understand that this is destructive because he thinks this is what politics are about.

He is the root of the problem!

The Clintons have surrounded themselves with the WORST people in the Democratic party.

Wake up, America!

March 24, 2008 at 10:21 pm |
  2. mary

Mr. Carville there is something that you missed. Your candidate is not thrutfull... and that you know it, so why are you blaming Mr. Richardson or Mr. Obama.. what would you say if John Edwards endorse Obama.... You are not thrutfull your self ... so sir, please come down..

March 24, 2008 at 10:21 pm |
  3. Lostfigs

Why didn't Richardson vote with his State? Since Hillary won NM, isn't he on the wrong side? Those were his own words, right?

March 24, 2008 at 10:21 pm |
  4. Jo Ann, Ohio

Anderson, I think that you are right, this is becoming the "silly season." I agree with Jeff, because there are so few differences between Clinton and Obama on the issues they are grasping at straws.

Did you call Carville dude? Ha!

March 24, 2008 at 10:21 pm |
  5. Oscar

GO JAMES CARVILLE!!!!!! He's just saying what everyone else is thinking....don't you think?

March 24, 2008 at 10:21 pm |
  6. Benton Indianapolis, In

Wonder if any photographers will be getting pictures of Obama and wife dancing on the beach

March 24, 2008 at 10:21 pm |
  7. Diya

Anderson,
    Where is Obama? I heard he is currently on a beach relaxing in St. Thomas. Is that true?

Diya
    Shelton,CT

March 24, 2008 at 10:21 pm |
  8. Kathy, Chicago

I love James Carville. I'm not so fond of Gov. Richardson. I thought what he did was sleazy also. I do think we need to get off the bickering and back to the issues.

March 24, 2008 at 10:21 pm |
  9. ATL

You know you're in for a good interview when Anderson starts out calling the guest 'Dude!'

March 24, 2008 at 10:20 pm |
  10. Sheryl

If Carville has something to say, then why doesn't he. He is up to his same old tactics – elusive and insinuating. Carvile thinks this is how the country solves problems – what does he have against being respectful, intellectual and caring?

March 24, 2008 at 10:20 pm |
  11. Sheryl, IL

James Carville the Clinto Spin Machine. Hillary agreed not to seat the delegates in MI & Fl and he seems to have forgotten that part. But we voters haven't and she's showing she can't be trusted. She doesn't know what being honest is. Typical after hearing the story about Beirut. She Lied, misspoke my eye, she out and out lied. AGAIN.
    It's time for her to admit Senator Obama will be our nominee and will be our President.

March 24, 2008 at 10:20 pm |
  12. Val in PA

So Carville has a vendetta against Richardson, so what's he have against the rest of us Christians who are offended that he compared Hillary/Bill Clinton to Jesus?

March 24, 2008 at 10:20 pm |
  13. Cindy

Richardson is just trying to get something from Obama.

Cynthia, Ga.

March 24, 2008 at 10:20 pm |
  14. Peter Beaman

Anderson, I need you to step up against Carville. He keeps on saying very general statements not backed up by fact. Obama has never been against revotes in Michigan and Florida. The vote proposed by Carville was one funded by Hillary's campaign and *excluded* many voters! It's incredulous to me that he is allowed to say this all over CNN and nobody challenges him. Also, if Carville wants to insinuate some sort of bribe on the part of Obama, at least make him have the cojones to say it openly, so people can see him for the sensationalist he really is. He is spinning faster than anyone, and I need you to see through the blur.

March 24, 2008 at 10:20 pm |
  15. Brent, Roseville CA

I think Bill Richardson is extremely brave for standing up on principle and endorsing the candidate he believes is the best one for the job.

March 24, 2008 at 10:20 pm |
  16. Laura Diaz

Mr. Cooper:

Your one of two jounalists that I know of that is actually questioning the supposed experience that Hillary Clinton is running on. I am so surprised that no one has brought that up until now. There is so much that I have read that is contradictive to what Hillary Clinton has said she has done. I followed your stories when Katrina happened and you told it like it is. I hope you will look into this and tell it like it is. Thank you and I trust you will do the right thing. Thank you.

March 24, 2008 at 10:20 pm |
  17. Brenda

Hey Anderson, love you show and keep it going. Would like to wish you well and great health. Need to have guys like you on TV to give us a reason to have the box on.

March 24, 2008 at 10:19 pm |
  18. Josh Tallen

I liked the "Dude, aren't you Mr. Washington?" comment, Anderson. That really seemed to frazzle Carville.

March 24, 2008 at 10:19 pm |
  19. Maureen T

Anderson,
    I love it! You called James Carville "dude" didn't you? You are just an ordinary average guy, aren't you? 🙂

March 24, 2008 at 10:19 pm |
  20. Brent

Anderson, Joe Klein gave you an excellent question about Kirkuk. I'll be interested to see if you use it. There are many many such questions about Iraq that should be asked and aren't.

March 24, 2008 at 10:19 pm |
  21. lynn

Why did you let Carvelle get away with blaming Barack for the failed redos in Florida and Michigan?? Is the Obama campaign going to get a chance to respond??

March 24, 2008 at 10:19 pm |
  22. Oscar

Dude, Aren't you Mr. Washington? Did you just revert to high school???

March 24, 2008 at 10:19 pm |
  23. Gerri

Carville keeps blaming Obama for no revote in Florida and Michigan – please ask him if it was not the State/DNC recent decision?

March 24, 2008 at 10:19 pm |
  24. Stacy

Personally, I couldn't care what Carville thinks.

March 24, 2008 at 10:19 pm |
  25. Lostfigs

Carville is right. I don't speak for all Latinos but I know I think Richardson is a Judas.

March 24, 2008 at 10:19 pm |
  26. comfortablynumb

I don't understand where they got the evidence against the chauffeur and picked him up out of nowhere...I can't find any info anywhere telling how involved he was, so how can they be so sure?

March 24, 2008 at 10:18 pm |
  27. Claire in Birmingham, AL

Oh noes! What'd you do to your thumb Erica?

March 24, 2008 at 10:18 pm |
  28. Paul Dennett

Have you ever wondered what a turtle would look like out of its shell? I just figured it out: James Carville. (Sorry, I couldn't resist).

March 24, 2008 at 10:18 pm |
  29. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

A tech issue? Lewis Black probably pulled a plug..

March 24, 2008 at 10:18 pm |
  30. Missy

Erica's going to skip the bulletin, isn't she? It's not needed. Thank you.

March 24, 2008 at 10:18 pm |
  31. EJ - Ohio

Anderson – DUDE! – Glad to see you on the air tonight!

March 24, 2008 at 10:18 pm |
  32. Lostfigs

If there was no threat of snipers what are all those soldiers doing with their Kevlars on?

March 24, 2008 at 10:17 pm |
  33. Terri - Canada

Awesome stuff...dude lol 🙂

March 24, 2008 at 10:17 pm |
  34. Cindy

I'm glad that Carville stood up for what he believes in!! Not many of them do! I agree with him.

Cynthia, Ga.

March 24, 2008 at 10:17 pm |
  35. erica hill

sorry for my typos - i blame them on the band-aid on my thumb tonight

March 24, 2008 at 10:17 pm |
  36. Lostfigs

First of all, Anderson, Hillary never said she had to duck, she said she was warned about it. When I was stationed in Landstuhl, Germany in 2005, Laura Bush came to visit the troops and for a week prior the Secret Service blocked off all the window for fear of sniper fire. Why would it be so ridiculous to think that Hillary, as First Lady, would be warned about the possibility of sniper fire when visiting a war zone?

March 24, 2008 at 10:17 pm |
  37. Claire in Birmingham, AL

The fact that you just called James Carville "dude" just made my LIFE. *laughs*

March 24, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  38. Matilda

I am James Carville's biggest fan! Thanks for letting him explain himself and state his case. Richardson should be ashamed of himself.

March 24, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  39. anderson cooper

good evening everyone.. seems like there was a technical problem with the blog.. seems to be working now..

March 24, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  40. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

At the end of the day, I think people, including Richardson, should endorse whoever they feel deserves their vote. That'd Democracy

March 24, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  41. Brent, Roseville CA

I am still laughing at Anderson for calling James Carville "dude"! HA

March 24, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  42. Gretchen

Why do people only look at Clinton's experience as First Lady for her foreign policy experience and never at her time in the Senate–where she actually did attend meetings, unlike one of the other candidates?

March 24, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  43. Fadel Ohio

Dear Anderson,

Please be careful with the use of the term "special treatment"–I'm sorry Carville said it first–that phrase was used in the Third Reich to denote "special handling" or "special treatment" of prisoners–or being sent to concentration camps. I'm sure you did not know of this meaning, or you would not have let Carville repeat those loaded words.

Respectfully,
    Fadel

March 24, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  44. erica hill

Happy Monday... I'm guessing Louis Black won't be joingin the blog tonight – ha

March 24, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  45. Terri - Canada

Are we blogging tonight?? Hope so!

Wish Canadian politics was this interesting 🙂

March 24, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  46. Val in PA

ask him whose Jesus in the analogy

March 24, 2008 at 10:15 pm |
  47. shelby

Anderson, did you just call James Carville "Dude"? That's funny ; }

March 24, 2008 at 10:15 pm |
  48. comfortablynumb

whew...thought all hope on the live blog was lost. I am glad to see anderson back on the show, can't replace him in the anchor chair.

March 24, 2008 at 10:15 pm |
  49. Sarah, Atlanta, GA

Hilary and Obama need to grow up. If they are not attacking each other, their supporters are attacking each other.

March 24, 2008 at 10:15 pm |
  50. Jolene

Anderson: Thanks for the laugh! Loved the opening of the show tonight.

March 24, 2008 at 10:15 pm |