October 7th, 2014

Did Thomas Duncan travel to the U.S. knowing that he had Ebola?

Liberia's President has threatened to prosecute Ebola patient Thomas Duncan, accusing him of lying about his health on travel forms when he flew to the U.S. Duncan helped a pregnant woman in his hometown who later died of the disease. Nima Elbagir traveled to Liberia and found a new timeline is emerging. Nima found that this woman was diagnosed with Ebola after her death and after Duncan already departed for the U.S. Nima reports on what she found from Monrovia, Liberia.

Post by:
Filed under: Ebola • Nima Elbagir • Thomas Duncan
  1. elitecontentsolutions

Don't blame Thomas Duncan; thank him for exposing the huge gaps in our system!
    Read my blog

October 15, 2014 at 6:31 pm |
  2. elitecontentsolutions

Don't blame Thomas Duncan; thank him for exposing the huge gaps in our system!
    Read my blog

October 15, 2014 at 6:28 pm |
  3. wacojoe

ODE TO WAYFARER DUNCAN

"Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free their contagion,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost, infected to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door,
    so they can die upon our shore,
    And fairness all that we should be
    Equity demands this country unite in our foreign brothers' eternity."

October 15, 2014 at 12:49 pm |
  4. bluemalak

He knew he was exposed to ebola, and came here to get better medical treatment, even though he knew he was endangering the family the said he cared about. The pregnant woman he was helping was taken directly to the ebola hospital, so it wasn't a surprise to him she had ebola. His family is already on the racial bandwagon, led by Jackson trying to get a lawsuit started, when the whole tragedy was caused by Mr. Duncan, period. How many people will he have killed by the end? A nurse is already sick, his family could test positive at any time, and they're gonna have a hard time using the race card when he's killed his own. You can see the greed when he's been dead one week and they're already going for a pay out. He got the same care anyone else would get. First they said they refused to give him the same meds other survivors had, but they failed to state that there is no more of that medicine, it takes months to make it. Then they said the survivors refused to donate blood to him, but the fact is that he wasn't a compatible blood type. Jackson needs to be shot, he does nothing but try to stir up racial tension, regardless of the fact it's not there.

October 13, 2014 at 11:44 am |
    • margroks

Not according to the article; there is simply no evidence of that. Spounds like everyone assumed she was ill and died from complications of her pregnancy. He left before she was diagnosed. There is no evidence that says otherwise.

October 28, 2014 at 10:28 am |
  5. humanbeing51

Dazed and confused global population agree hitlery the hermaphroditic maggot is the cause of most of the worlds suffering, by man made programs against the human race.

October 12, 2014 at 6:33 am |
  6. vivwolsk, NYC

Shame on CNN! Your headline implies Duncan lied but there is no proof or reasoning for this. If he knew he had Ebola why not tell the hospital? Why leave without treatment? This is racist junk journalism. His family should sue the hospital for killing him and the media for libel.

October 8, 2014 at 8:47 pm |
  7. iplmensah

First, I would like give the Duncan family my deepest sympathy. Secondly, I would like to say I have been to countries in West African. I know the culture, the corruption and I know the communities are very close. With that being said, Duncan knew the pregnant lady had Ebola and came to the states for better health care. The community is lying to protect Thomas. If you go to Liberia with money and pay for the truth, you will get it. Try it and give me an update.

October 8, 2014 at 7:38 pm |
    • hersixsense

I'm a Liberian/American and you're absolutely right. That's all I wanted to say.

October 14, 2014 at 4:53 pm |