August 12th, 2014

Eyewitness describes the officer who shot and killed Michael Brown

Police in Ferguson, Missouri decided not to identify the police officer who shot and killed Michael Brown. His death set off days of violence there, and the community is demanding answers. The police department claims Brown reached for the officer's gun before he was shot. His friend Dorian Johnson was with him, and tells a very different story. Johnson described the police officer whose identity is still being kept private during an interview with Wolf Blitzer that also included attorney Freeman Bosley Jr.

Post by:
Filed under: Ferguson • Michael Brown
  1. Rachel Alexander

Thinking back, I have white men bragging to me what they've stolen out of stores 30 years ago. It disgusts me they never got caught and arrested. And one is a prominent journalist for a certain hunting/fishing magazine. Once again, police officers must be trained in face-to-face unarmed combat with unarmed people–or don't be a police officer/get off the force.

August 18, 2014 at 10:18 pm |
  2. Rachel Alexander

My very wise son (age 16) said that if a police officer can not physically control an unarmed teen, with self-defense or other means, without a gun, he should not be on the force. I agree!!!!!

August 18, 2014 at 9:39 pm |
  3. robertsbrogden

I dont understand why no one has brought up the fact that Michael Brown had just robbed a store and must have known that police would be looking for him so when the police officer pulled him over if he knew or not what Michael had just done, Michael knew, so what was Michael's frame of mind at that time ? Would he automatically be on the offense thinking the officer knew what he had done.

August 18, 2014 at 8:39 pm |
    • Rachel Alexander

He robbed a store? What did he rob out of the store? Because I'm of white ethnicity, and I hear white punks telling me what they robbed out of stores and they don't get killed for it!!!!

August 18, 2014 at 10:13 pm |
    • kingz27607

This conversation should be about:
      How to prevent this type of tragedy from recurring.
      Gun Control
      Human Right
      Due Process
      Police using Unnecessary Force
      We are behind in education, research and development, technology, manufacturing, economy, health care system, etc.
      We need to stop this ‘’General Madness”. We are good at pointing fingers: White, Blacks, Russia, China, Muslims and Policing the whole world.
      My fellow Americans its time for us to start having meaningful conversation about these problems and how to compete globally.
      Facts: Michael Brown is dead, if Officer Darren Wilson is guilty then convict him. If not let’s move on.

August 26, 2014 at 8:17 pm |
  4. warthog6

Warning to all cops:

For every black man you kill, we will steal a 3 cent nicknack from the trashiest dollar store we can find!

To be forewarned is to be forearmed.

August 13, 2014 at 12:22 am |