Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott is the leading Republican candidate for governor in Texas. He is taking heat for campaigning along-side controversial rock star Ted Nugent. Last month, Nugent called President Obama a 'communist-nurtured subhuman mongrel.' He called Greg Abbot a 'friend' and 'blood brother.' For the last two weeks AC360 extended an invitation to Mr Abbott to come on the show, but he declined, citing scheduling issues. So Ed Lavandera traveled to an Abbott campaign event to get answers.
Anderson discussed this with chief political analyst Gloria Borger and political commentator Ana Navarro.
Reblogged this on lmrh5.
Is hate governed by the sciences, including Newton's laws, quantum theories, and sicknesses, to where it can grow by these means? You have for every action there are like but opposite reaction. You have the momentum affects, to where hate can grow by these means. There are quantum leaps theories, to where hate takes on higher levels by way of leaps. Look at what is happening in Cairo and Kiev as examples. Does hate behave like a cancer of virus as well, it can metastasize or infect perfectly healthy cells?
On the contrast, the founding of our great nation and the Constitution was the result of the power of Goodwill, the opposite of hate. We had this debate of the power of federal government versus state's rights. Back then the founding fathers included both. If we had this dehumanize the other side in our politics back in the founding of this great nation, this nation and constitution would never had been born.
Now do we want our nation to become like that of Ukraine or Egypt to where there are huge amounts of hate towards the other side? As I believe hate is governed by the sciences as mentioned, let us not be consumed by this emotion.
Wow! Not another mindless Tea Bagger promoting pseudo science!
Science is the study of nature and reality. It does not promote anything but truth. Unlike religion, science is totally open and susceptible to scrutiny and questioning and when truth is discovered it belies all the superstitious beliefs. The only way truth could promote hate would be through religious truth (any oxymoron). When science flys in the face of mindless religions, as any sane person would expect, the religiously mindless circle the wagons to defend against the demon science with lies, derision and hatred.
In answer to your question, hatred is totally governed by factious religious beliefs, not science.
What qualifications make Nugent someone to look up to and listen to:
1. Graduated, somewhat, from high school and attended a CC for a while. Nothing like showing the benefits of no education. The absurdness, narcissism & self-aggrandizement present in his words are presented as evidence.
2. Avoided the draft by feigning mental issues that would make him incompatible with military discipline. Later stated that service was for (paraphrase) – losers.
3. Married twice with eight kids (shows real concern for over population and it's environment impact). Oh, without telling anyone gave one of his not-so-legitimate (his strict Catholic upbringing is failing him) babies up for adoption.
4. When thirty some years old started skirt chasing a 17 year old. Then, to get around that sleaze, simply made it an "adoption".
5. His media circus shows courage by using a lot of high tech hunting weaponry and hunting comforts to kill for sport critters who have as their main defense being defenseless. Yes Teddy, "The Coward", I was raised on a ranch where we only killed cougar and coyote if the cattle they were using to stay alive became excessive. The only ones killing as you do were people trying to overcome feelings (or a life of) of inadequacy.
6. One of the spokespersons for a clique of billionaires who see the pursuit of wealth (and avoidance of all/most taxes) as a moral right. Who, incidentally, pour nearly 100 million per year into making sure that politics is the uneven playing field that will sustain their accumulations.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Anderson Cooper goes beyond the headlines to tell stories from many points of view, so you can make up your own mind about the news. Tune in weeknights at 8 and 10 ET on CNN.
Questions or comments? Send an email
Want to know more? Go behind the scenes with AC361°