January 14th, 2014

Part 2: Murder Cover-up?

Part two of CNN’s Deborah Feyerick’s investigation into the death of 28-year-old Alfred Wright, a rural Texas father of two who vanished last November.

Click here to watch Part 1 of Deborah Feyerick's report.

Post by:
Filed under: Deborah Feyerick • Keeping Them Honest
  1. curious57

I've been following this case closely, because my son, Joshua, was murdered by McGregor (TX) Police, on February 16,2006.
    It's been 8 years, and NOTHING has been done.
    My local news stations say that they can't accuse McGregor PD of lying.
    http://www.realcrimes.com (Joshua Robinson) Attached documents.

March 10, 2014 at 1:55 pm |
  2. Just Curious

Have anyone considered the weather condition at the time Afred Wright was missing? During the month of November and December it was very cold and it was raining. In fact one of the searcher was called off because it was very cold and wet. Will the cold weather slow down decomposition in the body? Is it possible tthe continual rain at the time is one of the reasons why Alfred's shoes were clean and not dirty? And how can a person be missing a tooth from being hit in the mouth and their lips are not bruised.

January 16, 2014 at 8:54 pm |
    • Amanda

Unfortunately the weather here in Texas would not keep thte body from decomposing quickly – there are some cold and wet days...but a cold day in a week could also lead to a 70 degree day in the same day here as well! It never stays cold for more than a couple of days!

January 17, 2014 at 10:53 pm |
  3. Tom

I pray for both Alfred and his family that if there is some sort of cover-up, it will come out.

January 15, 2014 at 8:16 pm |
  4. Bonnie H.

Not questioning anyone's findings or reports. I live in the area, in fact, about 8 miles where Mr. Wright was found. But this report was released through a local radio station and mentions nothing of the "apparently" cut throat or missing ear. And, I don't mean to explain away any foul play. I am not privy to the investigations nor any of the persons involved in this tragic incident. But...I would like to offer this information: as for the "apparently" cut throat, there are briars which are common around here, called Saw Briars. I have personally seen horses and dogs who have run through these briars and you would swear someone had cut them with a sharp knife. I have also seen people who were riding horses through thickets and brush, be seriously cut by Saw Briars. They are wicked! And, as for the missing ear, that could be the work of animals. Again, I'm holding my judgments in this case as I don't believe all the facts have been investigated properly. I would hope and pray that everyone else would do the same instead of condemning this or that one before the facts are gathered. My family lifts up Mr. Wright's family in much prayer, asking Father Yahweh to send His healing Holy Spirit to comfort and guide them and fill them with wisdom in these very difficult days. I pray that all investigators would be blessed with wisdom, as well, and understanding. If there is foul play involved, I pray Yahweh's Light would shine on it so that it can be brought into the open and dealt with justly and fairly. We, the residents of Sabine County, do not wish any further negative incidents to be associated with our home but, if there is evil here, we need to root it out.

January 15, 2014 at 5:21 am |
    • Lori Erickson

I have thought many of the same things. Praying for the truth and answers for the family.

January 17, 2014 at 4:43 pm |
    • Gary Brown

But his watch, clothes, and body were in three different places.

January 17, 2014 at 10:36 pm |