AC360 Monday 8p

There are growing questions about the ferry crew's actions. The latest on the South Korean ferry disaster live on AC360.
November 14th, 2013

Tacloban, a city in mourning

One week ago, Typhoon Haiyan nearly leveled the city of Tacloban. Today there are still bodies in the street. The stench is overwhelming, and so is the sadness. Anderson checks back with some of the storm victims he met earlier this week.

Click here to watch Anderson's previous report from Tacloban.

Post by:
Filed under: Typhoon Haiyan
  1. Cynthia soto

Thank you mister Anderson for giving us an honest to goodness news and information pls always give us an update news about our country some of our media are controlled by our goverment We're relying on you keep up the good work

November 16, 2013 at 9:48 pm |
  2. Jackie Yocogan

How can we fight Mother Nature? When she gets violent and angry, no one is safe.My country is unlucky/blessed,( however you may see it) that it is sitting smack on Mother Natures' backside.With all the bounty and beauty from nature,we also get it's unpredictable,destructive side.I don't know if anyone could have predicted it would be this catastrophic.My heart goes out to everyone who were affected and my only wish is not to see this happen again.

November 16, 2013 at 10:35 am |
  3. ronald

This is a very touching video showing the real situation of those victims from typhoon Haiyan..I really cried hard and can't imagine how people will deal with their lives after losing their loved ones, their properties, and their future. I really hoped that Tacloban and those areas affected by the super typhoon will begin to pick the pieces of their lives and start rebuilding their future. Thank you Mr Anderson Cooper for coming up with such tremendous and touching reports about my fellowmen Filipinos. You are such a nice person and through you we were able to dig in of what's life after the storm in Tacloban. Thank you and more power to you!

November 16, 2013 at 6:20 am |
  4. Gertrude Thompson

Long suffering Filipinos survived several catastrophic natural disasters such as earthquakes , volcano eruptions, typhoons, never mind extreme poverty, but adding to that is unending corruption to further annihilate the country's moral fiber. Can't find another word to describe other than "resiliency", that is an understatement. "Immunity" comes to mind other than prayer, to ward off hell!

November 16, 2013 at 5:07 am |
  5. Chona Callahan

I was born and raised in Tacloban city and this is a story that breaks my heart. I just wanted to thank you Mr. Cooper for all the help you are offering and providing for my people. Thank you for showing and providing the truth behing the situation that my people are currently in and not just telling people what they want to hear.You are really brave for what you are doing considering all the dangers that the country is facing. I love your show and the help you offer countries/people who are in need of help.

November 15, 2013 at 8:51 pm |
  6. dara Barros

You did a tremendous job to bring the whole truth to the world and for encouraging worldwide aid. The media in Philippines is seems controlled by the government. In my local area in Kalibo, Aklan beside the International airport where ny mother lives, the local Barangay Captain or local government official had discriminated my mother on their list of victims and for food aid for the reason that my my mother has a daughter living abroad. The roof of our parental home was blown away. Her daughter living and working abroad supports three families which the local politician is not aware of. My mother has complicated medical issues. This is not the first time my mother was bullied and did not receive any aid when catastrophe comes.

November 15, 2013 at 7:57 pm |
  7. Lemmy

I'm in tears. This is really heartbreaking :'(

November 15, 2013 at 7:42 pm |
  8. joanna gonzales

sir i just want to Thank you so much for being so Honest with your report and we filipino's are really great that you rescue and help us into this time of trouble. im so sorry for the slow movement of the government here we also are not happy with that :( :( :(.. please continue helping and thank you for all the support of the americans and to the other nations. may God bless you and your family. you have a good heart.

November 15, 2013 at 6:18 pm |
  9. EMILY N.ESPINOSA

thank you very much MR.Copper for your credible report on what you've seen personally ,interviewed people in Tacloban ... I salute you Sir. GOD bless you,God bless America.

November 15, 2013 at 5:54 pm |