AC360 Thursday 8p

There are growing questions about the Bluefin-21 search for Flight 370. What's happens when it completes its sweep? The latest tonight on AC360.
November 14th, 2013

"In every report we have shown how strong the Filipino people are"

Anderson addresses criticism from Korina Sanchez. She's a radio broadcaster in the Philippines and also the wife of the country's Interior Minister. She reportedly claimed Anderson said he had seen no presence of the Filipino government on the ground in Tacloban. Anderson talks about the relief response he saw during his time in the hard-hit city and describes the extensive work that still needs to be done. Anderson also pays tribute to the strength of the people he met there.

Post by:
Filed under: Typhoon Haiyan
  1. Lester Dadizon

Thank you Anderson, for waking THEM up.... and showing real.. real.... real sympathy to us... My tears always fall down at the end of this video.... That is not acting...

November 27, 2013 at 2:21 pm |
  2. Lester Dadizon

I never felt my government, that is my national goverment..... the president and his cast and crew.. helped me once, not once.. or just give me and my family a itsy bitsy tiniest sliver of hope... just a voice in the radio for example that....dont worry we are coming.... just wait... dont give up... I never felt that way before, a complete sense of hopelessness, I felt they left us,me and my family, on the edge of a cliff and in complete darkness... I felt more secure with my neighbors and the people of Tacloban which I walked with, scavenged with, they always had a helping hand, the widest smiles, the saddest stories, which gave me the will to give my family a better chance of survival, greater sense of security...
    This time PNOY with cast and crew you should apologize to us for not acting during the golden period, the critical hours, the window period to extend to us your much needed HELPING HAND...
    Now my trust for you and your cast and crew is forever nonexistent, I will never again place my familiy's survival in you uncapable hands....
    Now go make your movie............

November 27, 2013 at 2:07 pm |
  3. Rosario

Mister Anderson Cooper, Thank You so much for a caring heart, for being compassionate and truthful. Your unbiased news commentary has opened the eyes of the world to the true situations in the Phillippines. Sometimes the truth hurts a lot ,but hopefully this embarrassment to the Filipino politicians will wake up the people who elect this politicians to ,choose honest people to put in office instead of the carrer dishonest ones that don't care for the poor. Mabuhay ,God Bless and again THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

November 19, 2013 at 11:16 pm |
  4. Lita A.

I'm grateful to your HONEST report about the devastation that happened in the Philippines. I hope ALL the politicians especially the President will realize that the world is watching them. There are so many donations coming from different countries, in kind and in cash. I'm afraid that because of the corrupttion of some of the government officials, this help might not reach the deserving poor people who have been affected by the super typhoon. Mr. Cooper, God bless you and protect you always. We support your report of the true picture in those provinces.

November 19, 2013 at 9:29 am |
  5. Anthony Foster

My concern is that in some of the Palo, Leyte Barangays, officials (Barrio Captains) are withholding relief goods from those who didn't vote for them at the recent elections. Please Mr Cooper, if you could air this matter. I'm very worried as my wife's family are in one of the Palo Barangays.

November 18, 2013 at 5:11 am |
  6. Edward Galang

I have watch most of your coverage over the current crises and truly appreciate your candid honesty, not only of the current issue, but also your remarks about the Philippine Goverments past, ie corruption. As a Filipino who was raised in the U.S. I too was not completely surprised by the PI Goverments slow response to the crisis. May it be poor planning, or the lack of money, it is no excuse for what has transpired. I thank God for the U.S. response and also the response from all the nations of this great world.

November 18, 2013 at 1:17 am |
  7. Aimee S

this is so sad....these corrupt politicians in our country don't have conscience at all...shame on all of you....countries around the world are helping and our incompetent and corrupt government are doing nothing to help the victims. Thank you Mr. Anderson Cooper for reporting the truth and my prayers for all the victims of this devastating typhoon and their family,

November 17, 2013 at 8:15 pm |
  8. Ric Hermoso

It's been a long long time that Filipinos are waiting and longing for a better life. Yes, you're right that we Filipinos are strong in terms of situations like this, but "Being Strong, without control is useless". We've been observant of the things happening in my country and the only way we could voice out is through sharing our opinions online. Thank you for being our LOUD VOICE, as a wake-up call to all our sleeping Government Officials who at this moment are hiding under their mothers dresses. When they we're running for candidacy, they promised a lot of things for a change. but where are they now???. Please don't stop doing whatever is right to help others. Many Filipinos are on your side, who's fighting for the truth. On behalf of my family though we're not indirectly affected by the calamity brought by the typhoon, we would like to Thank you, and all the countries who helped my fellowmen in this time of need. KEEP IT UP SIR! May GOD bless you all!

November 17, 2013 at 10:42 am |
  9. gina

thank you mr anderson cooper. you are an instrument sent so that the arrogance, self-centeredness and greediness of phil govt national officials esp the pres, the interior sec including the wife and broadcaster ms sanchez were shown to international communities. yes, it's true, the govt response and aid were slow. even the city mayor of tacloban asking help the day after i think to sec roxas was advised to write first a letter to the president. an ordinary citizen can conclude what kind of leaders are we having now in this country? is it because the city mayor comes from the opposition party that was why they made it hard for mayor romualdez? my god, now is the time for us filipinos to choose a leader who is passionate and strong . the aftermath of yolanda showed how strong our president is, right? a true leader's personality comes out when is in a difficult situation...

November 17, 2013 at 9:04 am |
  10. Ariel Canonizado

Anderson, it is always hard to hear the truth and this time the Philippine government hears a defeaning truth about their (government) inability to provide enough safety to the Filipinos affected by this calamity. I truly appreciate your honest reporting. Thank you.

November 17, 2013 at 8:12 am |
  11. Rowena R. Quilang

Thank you Mr. Cooper for your accurate reporting of the situation. You are indeed fulfilling the call of your profession to the highest standard. In contrast to those who are just talking and jumping to conclusion because of their vested interest in the political arena of our unfortunate country.
    The people are desperate and in dire situation. They don't need any political controversies, whether they are present or not.we are thankful of the aid given to us, and hopefully, it will reach those places where it is needed most.

November 17, 2013 at 6:46 am |
  12. Ivy Rose Boter

Mr. Cooper thank you for everything you have done to inform the Filipino people how crappy the Philippine Government. There's nothing wrong in telling the truth. I am proud to be a Filipino but I am Sooo Ashamed of our Government Officials on how they clearly and repeatedly put all the Filipino people into such shame and our country. They never love us nor our country but they love the power and the money they can steal.

November 17, 2013 at 5:54 am |
  13. Edgardo S. Maligat

Thank you very much too Mr. Anderson Cooper for believing in the Filipinos srength .courage & determination especially in the midst of great suffering. I pity my fellowmen because they have suffered a lot in the past even without the storm. Typhoon Yolanda took away their love ones, their houses & important belongings but not their hope & spirit. But it's been a long time that the Filipinos we're suffering because of the corrupt politicians who took away money from people's coffers. It took the outpouring support & concern from people like you, people from other countries & foreign governments in order for us to realize that we are not alone. because we cannot rely on our leaders & corrupt politicians who instead of giving help to their fellow Filipinos continue to pocket people's money. May it serve as a wake up call to them. Even other countries don't trust this government.They don't even want local politicians to touch the relief goods they sent to us. It's really embarassing.

November 16, 2013 at 11:10 pm |
  14. Jane Valderrama

You are our voice. The Philippine government was very slow and still slow in responding to those victims of the typhoon. 90% of Filipinos are relying on your reports rather than local report who manipulate the facts to favor the lousy government of Philippines, especially Mar Roxas. Don't worry Anderson we Filipinos look at you as our voice than critique. Thank you for reporting the truth.

November 16, 2013 at 3:56 pm |
  15. Grace Terre

Thank you Mr. Cooper for the comments about our country. What you said is true. Our government does not seem to know what to do with the current devastation that happened to our country. Sad to say that my country and fellow Filipinos are still struggling for the better. The overwhelming support of other countries are very well appreciated by us. Kudos to all who lend a hand and sympathetic heart to overcome the struggles that my country and fellow Filipinos are facing right now. I wish the Filipino government will do the same for us. We , Filipinos are very resilient and will always do the best for our country no matter. We are always be proud of who we are and what our culture speaks for. Thanks to you for your outright commendation and reporting. It gives us hope that we are all united as one regardless of color and race.God bless and more power to you!

November 16, 2013 at 12:41 pm |
  16. Elisa Tan

I thank you and salute you Mr. Cooper. You did good for our country. You, your country and other countries helped us. I always watch you on CNN and I believe you. You will always be in my prayers. God bless you always. Please come back here again in the Philippines. You are always welcome here.

November 16, 2013 at 9:59 am |
  17. CLAVEL TUASON

Thank you CNN journalist Mr. Anderson Cooper. THANK YOU, THANK YOU. What you have reported is accurate and real. I couldn't thank U.S. enough, I couldn't thank you enough. Your efforts in delivering accurate updates have saved thousands of lives, fed thousands of Filipino people, get medical attention, water, etc, etc, in Tacloban, and the rest of the typhoon hit area. May God bless you always!! I salute you! THANK YOU.

November 16, 2013 at 9:32 am |
  18. Mrs Hoeving

Anderson Cooper is just saying the reality after few days the first organize help should come from Phil Government as expected and Mr. Cooper didn't see that, but we all need to remember before the typhoon our government is still helping earth quake victims just from that calamity we are almost out of resources.

November 15, 2013 at 9:21 pm |
    • Anne

yes indeed the government is still helping Bohol victims but we can't just say that we are out of resources as "DONATIONS/HELP" to Yolanda victims are overwhelming from everywhere around the world and also from our very own Kababayans..and they can still continue helping Bohol victims while prioritizing Tacloban victims..

.the problem lies on the gov't' s logistics plan to deliver the much needed help to the victims ASAP!!!

November 17, 2013 at 12:36 am |
  19. grace (toronto)

Anderson Cooper,thank you very much for being the voice of our fellowmen,who is suffering not only from this catastrophe but also suffering from our corrupt politicians.please continue what you have started with your head held high for most of the filipinos here is on your side.God bless u!

November 15, 2013 at 9:20 pm |
    • Rorie - Toronto

I so totally agree with everyone. Your reporting has always been fair and truthful. Tacloban is a great example of how strong in both heart and spirit Filipinos are, the problem will always be the politicians, most are in office only so they can steal money. The re-building of Tacloban will ultimately be done by the people and private organization who still believe in their city and not the goverment. Very tragic but true.

November 16, 2013 at 10:39 am |
  20. Josephine MacCuish

I'd like to thank CNN "Anderson Cooper" as very fair media personnel.I extend my sincere gratitude to the all the countries who help the Philippines on that disaster typhoons,it tells the whole world that WE ARE ONE! and we are UNITED,when it comes to give a helping hand to this horrible situations.I salute the UNITED NATION!! For you Anderson Cooper,more power to you!

November 15, 2013 at 9:09 pm |
  21. Danny Bautista

Thank you Anderson.. Reality, accuracy and unbiased reporting, this is what we need, you have shown us the truth of what is really happening there. Mabuhay ka!

November 15, 2013 at 9:07 pm |
  22. susan

what you said about what you saw was true... and sensible Filipinos believe and trust in you because you are a professional in your field, it's just that there are people who wants to see things they want it seen and
    covered to protect their incompetence. Thank you Mr. Cooper. Keep up the good work ....

November 15, 2013 at 9:03 pm |
  23. James Vendiola

For us poor people,You are a" True Hero"...Keep it up,Senior (sir) Anderson..May God our Lord bless you & your family....James V.

November 15, 2013 at 9:02 pm |
  24. Renato Petrasanta

Well done Mr. Cooper and thank you much for those live reports you brought us from our beloved country. Our prayers and heartfelt condolences to our countrymen who lost their loved ones to this tragic event brought by Mother Nature.

November 15, 2013 at 8:57 pm |