AC360 Monday 8p

There are growing questions about the ferry crew's actions. The latest on the South Korean ferry disaster live on AC360.
October 16th, 2013

Crime & Punishment: Nightmare in Maryville

A case involving high school football, alcohol, and rape accusations is rocking Maryville, Missouri. 14-year-old Daisy Coleman and a 13-year-old friend reported they'd been raped by two older boys. Hours later police made arrests. Charges were filed, but dropped weeks later one of those boys. That's when the victim's families say the town turned on them. Gary Tuchman has the latest developments.

Post by:
Filed under: Crime & Punishment
  1. Sarah Jones

Does anyone know when the alcohol was consumed by the girl? Was it following the sexual encounter? Would this answer all the questions? Interesting thought.

October 17, 2013 at 6:31 pm |
    • Thomas

The girl consumed some alcohol prior to texting the boys. The boys then gave the girls more alcohol. One of the girls does not remember anything afterwards. The other girl does.

October 19, 2013 at 10:07 pm |
  2. Stacy

Possibly the worst story I've ever heard. Girls (and your families), my family is horrified at the crimes committed against you, the crimes against your families and the disgusting and unbelievable acts committed in support of the rapists. Just horrified. We support you. I wish there was something I could do to rectify the NUMEROUS injustices. Keep your heads high, please. You are loved and did not deserve this. You did not bring this on. You are good people caught in the worst possible nightmare not of your own making. You are the better people.

October 17, 2013 at 7:59 am |
  3. tanya

it seems like the only way to get things done is to go public to put pressure on those "public officials" to do something. I hope they truly investigate this and the media gets involved and maybe then they can get some kind of justice.

October 16, 2013 at 11:44 pm |
  4. Nikolai

Only way to see justice done these days is for Anonymous to get involved it seems.

October 16, 2013 at 1:52 am |
  5. vanessa moeller

This is what happens when money rules your world. Political influence, "hillbilly" behavior on that rotten town and it's ignorant populace. Spells disastrous things for victims. I can't believe that people actually bullied victims and burned down a house?! I feel some higher form of investigation should happen to this Prosecutor that is being sideways about this. Animals. that's all I can say without without vulgar. I hope these Young ladies get better, stay away from nasty people offering the drug alcohol. It's a killer and it's made for a lot of hell in people's lives. God help them all.

October 16, 2013 at 1:30 am |