October 15th, 2013

Keeping Them Honest: Obamacare Debacle

The Obamacare website is hard to navigate and the White House has yet to publicly release any numbers. CNN's Drew Griffin keeps them honest.

Post by:
Filed under: Drew Griffin • Keeping Them Honest • Obamacare
  1. Sue

Why is no one talking about the hard numbers we now have on increased health care cost on January 1. I live in California, and I will be paying 20% more for health insurance with a deductible 3 times my current deductible and less covered services. I checked our Obamacare exchange and the price is the same. So here is a fact – If you live in California and pay for your own healthcare, you will be paying more for less. Most individual providers, including Pacificare and United Healthcare have pulled out of California. How is this good for our country and economy?

October 17, 2013 at 8:32 pm |
  2. Pablo

Very sad. It is one thing to be incompetent, it is another to be unwilling to admit it.

October 17, 2013 at 1:23 pm |
  3. Steve Webb

I really REALLY DON'T KNOW WHY THE AMERICANS HAVE A PRESIDENT.

October 15, 2013 at 10:23 pm |
  4. Annette LaBonte

PLEASE ask your Obamacare guests these three questions:

1. Have you read the entire bill?
    2. SPECIFICALLY what is your number one objection? Please
    quote that part of the bill exactly.
    3. On what page is that found?

If they can not answer these questions, why should I listen to them—why should you?

October 15, 2013 at 8:54 pm |
    • Sue

I have not read the entire bill, but I know for a fact that my healthcare premiums are going up, my deductibles are going up and they are reducing covered services. I have the paperwork that confirms these facts. I don't need to read the thousands of pages in this bill to know this. Obama told us "If you like your health care, you can keep your health care". Not for a large number of California residents who are insured with individual policies. Large companies such as Aetna, Pacificare, & United Healthcare are pulling out of the market. Blue Shield is raising everyone's rates for less coverage. For thousands of Californians, Obamacare means paying more for less.

October 18, 2013 at 10:16 am |
  5. Anita

Let us do away with pensions for Congress. The business world no longer offer pensions, only social security and individual retirement accounts such as 401Ks. Think how much Congress, government could save in not making pension payments to Congress, each individual receives 6figures. Do away with federal pensions for ALL! Put them in the social security system and individual accounts and save a Hugh amount in entitlements........

October 15, 2013 at 7:06 pm |
  6. Anita

Let's start entitlement reform by doing away with pensions for congress. Corporate America no longer offers pensions it is all 401K and social security, so congress can do the same. Think how much the country can save in pension payments on Congress and the federal government.

October 15, 2013 at 6:58 pm |
  7. Robert F. Salvin

I have tried to sign up on healthcare.gov dozens of times and have not been able to. Considering all of the controversy surrounding Obamacare, it is unbelievable that President Obama would allow the implementation of this program to be so poorly executed. Personally, I believe in government. I have seen the public acting through our government do great things. But such a botched debut of the public face of Obamacare gives ammunition to all of the critics who say the program won't work and that government cannot do anything right. The botched implementation of Obamacare is the most negligent thing the president has done and is a disgrace. The president needs to come clean, admit the administration screwed up, and explain exactly what they are doing to fix it, and when they will have it done. Someone deserves to be fired.

October 15, 2013 at 11:39 am |
  8. Bertica Robinson

Once you get through, unless you qualify for a govt subsidy, it's just as unaffordable as any insurance policy on the market. I bet the reason they are not releasing the numbers is because most of the people who have signed on are those receiving subsidies. This healthcare reform is a joke.

October 15, 2013 at 11:27 am |
    • Sue

I agree. Basically, unless you qualify for a subsidy, you will be paying more to pay for the subsidies. It's just another tax.

October 18, 2013 at 10:18 am |