AC360 Wednesday 8p

Investigators are analyzing data from the Bluefin-21. The latest on the search for Flight 370 live on AC360.
June 28th, 2013

Geragos: This is an uphill battle for the prosecution

Mark Geragos, Sunny Hostin, Danny Cevallos and Marcia Clark discuss the testimony of Jonathan Good, a key witness in the George Zimmerman trial, who said he “saw a lighter skinned man on bottom” during the scuffle.

The panel also reacts to an Instagram post by Defense Attorney Don West's daughter showing the family enjoying ice cream with the caption: "We beat stupidity celebration cones."

Post by:
Filed under: Danny Cevallos • Mark Geragos • Sunny Hostin
  1. Colleen Lawson

I accidentally walked into a cement planter in my walkway a few days ago and received more injury that Zimmerman had on his head. I do not believe his injuries were Life Threatening.

July 2, 2013 at 4:06 pm |
    • R. Davis

You're right, Colleen. Zimmerman didn't have ANY serious injuries. Zimmerman jumped the gun and followed (after he was asked by cops to leave Trayvon alone) an innocent unarmed kid and shot him dead. Zimmerman should serve time for that. He's a murderer! Regarding the panelists, Mark Geragos is VERY disrespectful on air. I'll stop watching him berate Sunny and the other well behaved panalists now. Hey, Anderson Cooper, please take control of your silly guest, Geragos. Not only is he obnoxious to other very smart panelists, but his silly extreme point of view and constant interruptions is a turn off and I won't be watching any longer. STOP ALLOWING HIM TO CONTROL THE FORUM! IT"S YOUR SHOW ANDERSON!

July 2, 2013 at 11:09 pm |
  2. pierre H

Bait and switch) that’s what happened the night GZ shot and killed TM. He went out that night to kill.
    Someone, after playing the scenario in his mind, time and time again, so there it is. He goes in pick.
    A fight with his gun on him. After stalking he’s prey he confronts him, and I’m betting money that.
    T.M. Threw the first punch. And after G.Z. gets hit he makes no attempt to pull his gun, not.
    Until someone see T.M. on top of him, he could have pull it as soon as he got hit and T.M.would.
    Have back away from him at the beginning of the fight. Instead he waited until he had a witness.
    That saw T.M. on top of him. I mean if I have a gun and someone take a swing at me the.
    First thing I’ll do is pull my gun, so I don’t get hit anymore why wait till you on the ground

July 1, 2013 at 2:21 pm |
  3. Jessica F.

Has anyone noticed in Zimmerman's reenactment he initially says "hand over HIS mouth" before changing it to "over my mouth?" Perhaps the details are true, but Zimmerman is reversing the roles.

June 29, 2013 at 3:02 am |
  4. D Bennett

Isn't self defense considered an affirmative defense? If so then wouldn't GZ have to PROVE he was in fear of his life?

June 28, 2013 at 10:25 pm |
  5. elizabeth Gartz

When watching the OJ trial “if the glove doesn’t fit you must acquit” surely the lawyers knew what I knew. I use leather gloves for gardening. Size large, 2 sizes too big. After gardening in the dirt and mud, the gloves dry and I can hardly get my hand in them. And they are 2 sizes too big. That information may have changed the trial! In trayvan martin’s case, the man testifying that trayvon was on top during a skirmish, but no punches were seen. I think it sounds like Trayvon was confronted by Zimmerman and saw a gun pointed at him, and decided he didn’t stand a chance running away so he rushed the guy, got him on the ground and was struggling to get the gun away from Zimmerman and shouting for help. It fits all the details the witness talked about. He wasn’t punching Zimmerman, he was trying to get the gun aaway from him. I hope somehow they think of this because the news makes this mans story sound bad for Trayvon. I think it fits in support for Trayvon.

June 28, 2013 at 10:22 pm |
    • R. Davis

You're right. In addition, I'm not a fan of Trayvon's attorney. I think they're making some very critical errors that will hurt their case in the long run. I believe Zimmerman is guilty of murder. That's obvious. I hope Trayvon's attorney can dig deeper.

July 2, 2013 at 11:20 pm |
      • brian

Its the state of Florida prosecuting this case for TM. The family has attorney's such as Crump who are not prosecuting.
        So, therefore, you are not happy with the state prosecutors.
        Just saying!