AC360 Tuesday 8p

Ferry crew members answered questions about why more life rafts were not deployed. Tonight on AC360, the latest from South Korea on the effort to reach victims.
April 16th, 2013

Family mourns son, daughter loses leg

Bill Forry, a friend of the Richard family, says the community in his town will support the family during this difficult time and will remember 8-year-old Martin as a gifted athlete, a bright student, and a leader among his peers. He died in the Boston Marathon attack that left his sister and mother seriously wounded.

Forry describes the close-knit family of five as the type of people anyone would want living next door. "The neighborhood revolves around them and their house. They're so inviting and welcoming. They've done so many things in our community, in Dorchester, to improve life there," he says.

Denise Richard was hit in the head with shrapnel and is still recovering. Her young daughter Jane, who loves Irish step dancing,  lost a leg in the blast. "She's a tough kid, energetic. And I don't think her dancing days are over," Forry says.

Post by:
Filed under: Boston Marathon Attack
  1. Tabitha

Our thoughts & prayers are with you during this diffcult time. From everyone here in Tennessee. Much love.

April 25, 2013 at 11:44 am |
  2. Eleanore

God bless your son and your little girl through her new and difficult journey. My heart broke into pieces learning about your daughter's leg. I will be praying for your family and that one day you will find peace and happiness again. God Bless you all.

April 24, 2013 at 1:59 pm |
  3. Emmi

My prayers are with the families.

April 22, 2013 at 1:34 pm |
  4. yvonne

I too mourn with you for your loss along with our Nation. Our county is based on Biblical Principles and the Bible says "we are the Body of the Church and when one part of our body hurts the whole body hurts". Our Precious Nation stands behind you and everone who has suffered a loss due to this cruel cruel act. Please feel our thoughts and prayers going out to everyone. May the Holy Spirit bring much comfort you you and yours at this difficult time. God Bless us All.

April 22, 2013 at 10:35 am |
  5. Michael

Please know that we are all sharing your pain as we watch the healing for our parts of the world. I can not begin to imagine the pain and anguish you are going through. I too have said and pray and want you to know the world is mourning with you.

April 19, 2013 at 12:29 pm |
  6. Christian Gasse

I learned of the amputation of your little girl, and i had to shut OFF the television. I'm so sorry and not being a praying man i did say a few words for your child. Hopping it will help her and others. Sorry for my bad english as i'm french from Canada and we are all watching in shock and disbelief. I find no comfort anywhere for this and no explanation for this, i hope some can eventualy. God bless.

April 18, 2013 at 8:14 am |
    • Taumy

What a kind and compassionate person you are Christian. Your personal doctrine is equivalent to any prayer of any denomination. I would just like to Thank you for being you.

Taumy

April 19, 2013 at 2:44 am |
    • Jacki Schering

Than is one of the best comments I have read through all of this horror this past week. God Bless you Christian.

April 21, 2013 at 8:52 am |
  7. prudence elliott

am reading about the Little Martin Richards and his family and the others like Krystle Campbell and the so many others who got caught up in this senseless act of terrorism and i just wish on that fateful day that Boston had woken up to snow covered towns and city if only on that fateful day Boston had woken up to lots of rains and the marathon couldn't go on but if always comes in the back i pray God will heal the terrible wounds left by the senseless and heartless doings God bless you all Boston my prayers are with you

April 17, 2013 at 1:58 pm |