AC360 Wednesday 8p

Investigators are analyzing data from the Bluefin-21. The latest on the search for Flight 370 live on AC360.
January 11th, 2013

Principal's daughter: Newtown conspiracy theories 'disgusting'

Erica Lafferty, daughter of Principal Dawn Hochsprung who was murdered in Newtown, reacts to the disturbing conspiracy theories promoted by an associate professor who says the shooting may not have happened.

"I think it's a disgrace to the community of educators worldwide that someone would belittle the entire situation  belittle the 26 families, belittle the poor Sandy Hook staff members who had to live through that day. Honestly, it's disgusting to me," said Lafferty.

Read more about Dawn Hochsprung.

1. Roy

In my opinion ...newtown really happened....but i believe the initial reports of the ar15 bein found inside the trunk was the actual truth. I believe that adam lanza indeed used handguns to commit these killings. How can the police completely miss the supposed rifle near his body and then suddenly find it when the medical examiner stated the long gun was used. You would think the entire building would be littered with rifle casings (which look way different than pistol casings) and they can assume from the begininng that the rifle was used, yet that was not the case. NBC even confirmed with federal officials hat only handguns were used. Just boggles my mind that as soon as the medical examiner came out...then the story stuck witt the rifle as the primary weapon. Oh wait....theres a motive (AWB). I can imagine the higher ups yelling at the troopers..."we need the rifle as the primary weapon not handguns, you idiots"

January 18, 2013 at 5:55 pm |
  2. joshua

this is disgusting? the disgusting thing is that this shooting was carried out in a similar manner to the riechstag fire, solely to rile people up, with no regard for the lives lost. open up your eyes, I saw the facebook page created before the shooting and found it odd, but the next day when I heard of the shooting i was sick to my stomach. just because people claim its false flag doesn't mean they claim it never happened. The people that have done this have no regrets and will do whatever they have to for the purpose of furthering their own interests

January 16, 2013 at 4:08 pm |
  3. Marie

I think it's a disgusting thought. Eventhough it makes me sick to my stomach there are way too may inconsistences and I am not so sure we know the whole truth.

January 16, 2013 at 2:56 pm |
    • Melissa

It is impossible to get the WHOLE truth. The only one who can speak on what was happening is dead now... being he destroyed his computers any information that he may have previously stored may never be recovered.

January 17, 2013 at 2:54 pm |
  4. Dave Mulligan

The "authorities" are 100% to blame for this idiocy. They tell people to "wait until the investigation is complete", and then take several months to actually finish investigating. By that time, no one cares about reading the 200 page report. That's why most people still think Columbine was caused by bullying. The best remedy to rumors is the truth – but law enforcement in the US forgot that fact a long time ago.

January 16, 2013 at 12:43 am |
  5. mike hunt

Then answer the questions and inconsistancies about the incident.

January 14, 2013 at 9:50 am |
    • JCNow

There are some that would find inconsistency in the fact that the sky is grey when it's raining. My suggestion to you is to take a closer look at why you need to believe that a conspiracy happened at all.

January 16, 2013 at 9:23 am |
  6. Micky

I think this is awful! Unless u have lost a child u can have no clue how the parents and families feel. Such a waste of human life and a true american tragedy! People need to pray for these victims, their families, and also for our society and the horrible place it has become! Hold your loved ones close n thank god for each and every day!

January 12, 2013 at 10:09 pm |
    • Marie

Micky, Nobody said it wasn't a tragedy. Nobody is trying to minimize the deaths of all of those people and the grief of there families, friends and nieghbors. I just want to know why on the 911 call, the person refers to more than one gunman, and why people in tactical were spotted in the woodline by the school before the shooting.

January 16, 2013 at 3:03 pm |
  7. Maura Yasin

DISPICABLE in it's attempt to have those truly resppnsible defend their economic stake re: gun control.

January 12, 2013 at 5:28 pm |
  8. DaveW

Indeed. This Florida professor needs some time off without pay.

January 12, 2013 at 5:17 pm |
  9. john k

Totally agree! How disgusting & paranoid for someone to even consider a conspiracy.

January 12, 2013 at 4:48 pm |
  10. scott murray

I thought the principal was alive ...after all she gave an eyewitness report about the alleged shootings to the 'Sandy hook Bee'...then her report was removed after she was reported to be a victim as well ... google it...lol

January 12, 2013 at 3:19 pm |
  11. Debbie Pankey

I agree that is disgusting. Leave those people in Newtown alone and let them find some peace! It blows me away that someone would say such a thing to greiving families. Does this person have proof or are they just as sick as the man who did this horendous act.

January 12, 2013 at 9:51 am |
  12. Steve Thompson

This all goes back to the mental health issue. If its not sickos going around performing horrendous acts we also have the sickos blaming all these things on the government. We must find a way to kep these people away from killing machines and tenured positions at state universities.

January 12, 2013 at 9:04 am |