January 1st, 2013

New Orleans rocks on New Year's Eve

Jason Marsalis and Dr. Michael White serenade Brooke Baldwin with a taste of New Orleans Jazz for New Year's Eve.

Post by:
Filed under: New Year's Eve 2013
  1. Alan

Anderson; I have always admired your reporting and style, but you need to get rid of Kathy. She is repulsive and over the top. The stuff she does is not funny. I hosted a New Years party and had multiple sets on different channels. The consensus of the hundred plus people at the party was to turn off your broadcast because Kathy was so bad and over the top. No one said anything negative about you, but Kathy was just bad! Thanks, and sorry for the negative feedback. Alan

January 1, 2013 at 11:12 pm |
  2. Gavin

I watched for 5 minutes and turned off after I heard Anderson say that Dubai was a country and David Cameron was Prime Minister of England. I like Anderson but a serious journalist must get facts right when under the pressure of a live feed.

January 1, 2013 at 11:04 pm |
  3. Miriam

Hi Anderson,

Have you ever thought of acting in movies? If so, would you act in movies similar to 'Fire' to make a change in the world? Have you thought of changing? Not sure what that rumor about you is, but have you thought of changing to hetro (whatever that means !)

Secondly, have you thought of having a program once a month – either a journalism quiz program for college students? Or, something like "American Idol" – but with the real singers? Lets say you have a singing competition, lets say the person is singing a song from "Fray". Have you thought of having the real singers on the show to correct them and to encourage them with the correct modulation of voice??? American Idol team does a good work – but I dont see them sining to correct the competitors....Have you thought of something similar to this show?

January 1, 2013 at 6:56 pm |
  4. Melinda Becker

I watched Anderson Cooper all the time, but the next time you need someone to help him on New Years Eve
    Call me. I could have done a far better job than Kathy. What a poor job to CNN and Anderson. I can't believe that
    he did not ask her to just leave.

January 1, 2013 at 6:15 pm |
  5. Isobel

Anderson, your viewers would be better served if you would show us coverage of NYE celebrations around the country and the world. You are respected for your insight and intelligence. Last night was embarrassing. You must ditch Kathy. What is CNN thinking?

January 1, 2013 at 4:35 pm |
  6. cj

I was just wanting to share that I was 'shocked' at the behavior of Anderson's co-host in the truly LIVE segment of last evening's New Year program. I won't even dignify her by calling his co-host by name because her comments and body language was deplorable. Now I have NO IDEA is this is typical of this woman's behavior since this is the first and only time I will have tuned in for a New Year program on CNN. I often go to bed to celebrate the new year. She seemed like a woman on drugs or something and her behavior in my opinion was vulgar. I noticed (being in the MT zone) that later broadcasts had some editing. Maybe CNN ought to have really good taste and edit this woman completely from future programs.

January 1, 2013 at 12:04 pm |
  7. Miriam

Hi Anderson,

I hope you both had a wonderful tme last nigt. It was a very quiet New year for me also. I wish you both the very best in life. I dint see you both ringing in the New Year together.I hope to come to New York this year and hope to see you.

Take care – M