AC360 Wednesday 8p

Investigators are analyzing data from the Bluefin-21. The latest on the search for Flight 370 live on AC360.
January 1st, 2013

Kathy jokes about New Year's Eve guests

Kathy Griffin has some interesting descriptions for the live events on CNN's New Year's Eve show.

Post by:
Filed under: Kathy Griffin • New Year's Eve 2013
  1. Steve G

Is CNN really this "HARD-UP" for ratings?
    The most trusted place for NEWS????
    Why not replace Cooper with Howard Stern?

January 2, 2013 at 7:52 pm |
  2. Vicki

I really felt sorry for Anderson Cooper because we enjoy watching his show. I honestly had to turn the channel because I could not handle how obnoxious Kathy was on New Year's eve. It was a real disappointment. Anderson, hang in there!

January 2, 2013 at 5:46 pm |
  3. elarnia

I was trying to find words to express my feelings – then I read Zurawik's review. All I can say is – WHAT HE SAID!!!

January 2, 2013 at 4:37 pm |
  4. Michelle

Love Kathy! 9 out of 10 people who complain about her haven't really watched Kathy's specials or interviews. Trust me its worth it. People don't understand that her comedy is edgy. Anyways, I guess CNN is doing the right thing by bringing her because every year they're getting higher and higher ratings.

January 2, 2013 at 3:10 pm |
  5. David Matthew

Dear Anderson Cooper: It's up to you, buddy, refuse to go on again with the non-funny, disgusting, profane Kathy Griffin.

January 2, 2013 at 1:07 pm |
  6. eric

Anderson Cooper WITH Kathy Griffin is the only New years Eve show I have ever enjoyed watching. It is the only one I have ever seen that is laugh out loud funny. All of the tight sphinctered puritans that posted negatively here, should just watch the safe, boring, scripted, snore fest that has always been Dick Clark's "Rockin' Eve".

January 2, 2013 at 11:36 am |
  7. Loretta Kornbluth

Kathy Griffin needs to go. She is silly, rude and boorish.

January 2, 2013 at 3:42 am |
  8. Laurie Fike

Your show with Anderson Cooper and Kathy Giffin should bring your ratings to a halt, totally embarrassing to be watching with my teens. Really? You think that is entertainment we see? You just lost a viewer and I know more in my circle that watched the trash you allowed to go out last night. It was like the no means yes thing, he kept saying please don't do this but you allowed it to go on and be broadcast live. Shame on you CNN, Kathy has no class and this showed that Anderson as well is not very smart to allow himself to be pulled in to this mess. Shame on all of you. So disappointed in you. One very displeased and done viewer of CNN. You really owe the public an apology.

January 2, 2013 at 12:25 am |
  9. Cathy Schwemm

Kathy Griffin is ridiculous, and she brings Anderson down to her level. Love AC, hated the NYE show. Actually watched Fox for a while for a distraction. Who actually thinks this woman is funny?

January 2, 2013 at 12:00 am |
  10. jennifer

It is beyond belief that Kathy Griffin continues to partner with Anderson Cooper on New Year's Eve on CNN, a station that produces such high-caliber productions. For me, and others with whom I've discussed this issue, KG's contributions are not only not entertaining and debased, but, this year, actually painful to watch. I finally bit the bullet and changed channels. I would encourage all to boycott CNN's NYE coverage next year, if she is rehired. Let's hope that AC and CNN can truly entertain us next year.

January 1, 2013 at 11:48 pm |
  11. Judy Somerby

I was so annoyed by Kathy Griffin's constant chatter during the New Year's Eve coverage. I like to watch NYE coverage in order to hear and see the sound, shows and celebrate the new year; however KG's constant

January 1, 2013 at 10:47 pm |
    • Judy Somerby

CNN did not cover the NYE celebration. It covered KG acting like a complete fool and degrading the journalism profession.
      Please do not put us all through another NYE coverage with KG again.

January 1, 2013 at 10:50 pm |
  12. Jenika

CNN please consider sexual harassment laws that noble men and women worked hard to become law.
    Your endorsement of Kathy Griffin's behavior is degrading our society. Anderson and his mother should let her go back to her darkside of the world if that's where she chooses to stay and hopefuly they can make it back to the civilized tasteful people we have known them to be, and they need backbone to set boundaries with her and others who are degrading. There are some real psychological issues going on here, but I'm no psychologist. CNN's role is to elevate the standards and quality of information and entertainment provided. Is that what you want your children to watch? Do you want your daughters, mothers and wives to be treated by men as Kathy did with Anderson? And on national TV yet. It's mind boggling.

January 1, 2013 at 9:12 pm |
  13. eileen mcgovern

I have always loved Kathy- that's why I taped the show and couldn't wait to watch it this a.m. But when I saw her wearing fur I couldn't watch it. I couldn't enjoy the image on her shoulders of a tortured, abused, murdered animal. Kathy- love animals- don't wear them !!! I had to turn the TV off.

January 1, 2013 at 5:48 pm |
  14. mary t.

Kathy Griffin is disgusting. Absolutely could not watch her and hear her senseless and inane comments.
    Get someone else for next year.

January 1, 2013 at 3:09 pm |
    • mary t.

What ever do you mean. Truth is truth.

January 1, 2013 at 3:10 pm |
  15. ernieKovak

Kathy Griffin isn't funny, just obnoxious. Listening to her was like fingernails on a chalkboard... absolutely horrible! Anderson deserves a pay raise for putting up with that.

January 1, 2013 at 1:44 pm |
  16. jim marshall

AC, your stock keeps going up! KG's acerbic style can be a bit untethered, but there was a great alchemy on screen, your demeanor tempered her style and it resulted in some great entertainment! Happy '13 to you both!

January 1, 2013 at 12:55 pm |
    • David Matthew

jim marshall: With all due respect tell us one thing Kathy Griffin did or said that you called entertaining. Thank you.

January 2, 2013 at 1:12 pm |
  17. Sue Schoenith

Watching your New Year's Eve show. I have utmost respect for Anderson Cooper, however Kathy Lee your humor disgusts me. For you to carry on like a tramp on TV is not humor. CNN should have stopped this as it tarnishes the credibility of your network. It was very evident Anderson was not comfortable. Sad.

January 1, 2013 at 3:39 am |
  18. angela

We enjoy CNN.. but, Please let this year be the last year Kathy Griffin hosts with ACooper. Please! Please. Thank you!! We truly enjoy the coverage of all CNN staff throughout the rest of the year; New Year's Eve however .. Poor Celebration with Kathy (sorry :) LOVE the entire team at CNN except her.. Happy New Year 2013.

January 1, 2013 at 2:25 am |
  19. Tom

Kathy and Anderson are AWESOME together! Best show of the night!

January 1, 2013 at 1:48 am |
  20. Carol

Sure wish CNN would take Kathy Griffin off the air. She lacks grace & class and portrays a gutter level of humor. CNN can do better.

January 1, 2013 at 1:29 am |
  21. Barbara Cowan

I love Anderson's giggle.

January 1, 2013 at 1:18 am |