AC360 Monday 8p

There are growing questions about the ferry crew's actions. The latest on the South Korean ferry disaster live on AC360.
December 29th, 2012

Vote: Most memorable New Year's Eve moment

Hilarious? Check. Surprising? Check. Outrageous? Check. If you’ve been watching Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin co-host CNN’s New Year’s Eve coverage together for the past five years, you’ve seen all that and much, much more. So, as you can imagine, it was no easy task to choose the absolute single best New Year's Eve moment. We couldn't pick one so we want you to do it for us. We narrowed it down to five and now we’re putting the final decision in your hands.

Vote for your favorite memory and join us on New Year's Eve! We'll reveal and air the winner in this year's show at 10 p.m. ET.

Want to submit a write-in entry? Tell us in a comment. And remember to tweet your messages to Anderson and Kathy or your wishes for the new year using #cnnnye.

Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin on NYE

Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin on NYE

Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin on NYE

Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin on NYE

Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin on NYE

1. Leo

Kathy is funny, but if she just did that scene 2 or 3 times the most it would of been alright with me and funny, but she kept on going and going and it just got very unfunny by then. You have to know when enough is enough but she just went way,way overboard and it became very unprofessional by then...

January 4, 2013 at 5:02 pm |
  2. daninsac

Griffin is embarrassingly not funny and for some reason feels that she has to blurt out every single though that enters her tiny mind. Cooper is obviously on-guard and feeling awkward every moment that he is with her, when he should be relaxed and enjoying the presentation. Why on earth a no-talent, unfunny, no-class, brainless clown like her is asked to represent the US to the world on New Year's Eve is a total mystery to me. Her insistence on trying to 'go down' on Cooper for at least half an hour while he was trying his best to get her under control was the final straw for me.

January 2, 2013 at 9:18 am |
  3. DAC

Apparently, CNN has learned from previous years' experience with Kathy that people will tune in to see what outrageous thing she does next. I for one will not tune in – ever again. I cannot trust CNN to discern what is appropriate and what is worthy of air time. I will not turn on CNN for news – even to compare. I will block the channel. I have had it. When CNN switched over to the fish drop, someone could have pulled her off. There is a delay. There are many people who are watching and monitoring and "editing" and making editorial decisions. This is not live TV out of control. This is a conscious decision to publicly air her lewd behavior. It will not be rewarded.

January 2, 2013 at 8:45 am |
  4. Chris

The "poll" insults your viewers.

January 2, 2013 at 6:22 am |
  5. Chris

Very sad to see CNN brand embracing disgusting antics such as this. I do remember a time when CNN was the height of journalistic professionalism. Horrible visuals for kids to see while staying up late to enjoy bringing in the new year.

January 2, 2013 at 6:13 am |
  6. Kanaka

Kathy Griffin is horrific. Stop this. I am educated and love humor. This encompasses neither. CNN should be fined and A. Cooper should be mortified. His reputation is losing ground if he allows this.
    I am NOT a prude. She used to be funny. This isn't anymore.
    Stop.

January 2, 2013 at 2:13 am |
  7. Virginia Boz

Poor taste? An understatement. CNN is worthy of better. So is Anderson... We changed the channel after purposefully tuning in to see the coverage of Time Square.

January 1, 2013 at 9:03 pm |
  8. Butch Mueller

I really like Anderson and respect him very much for his professionalism, I just don't understand that he would put up with this dreadful nonsense of Kathy. Seriously, she is out of control and beyond funny. Yes, I also have a good laugh when it comes to some sleazy or sexy jokes but there is a time and place for it. Certainly not on new years eve on TV for all to have to tolerate this. Imitating a blow job? That is just vulgar and cheap to do so in public. Come on. Anderson, don't put yourself in such a situation. You're better than that.

January 1, 2013 at 7:41 pm |
  9. Alan

Ms. Griffin's remarks/comments towards the end of the broadcast were nothing short of disgusting. I really can't see "bathroom humor" as necessary to a program that is probably being seen by an audience of all ages, let alone the occasion, celebrating the New Year. Thank you Anderson for letting the remarks roll off your back as being somewhat naive. Did the FCC think remarks like that as OK. If you have a comedy act at the local club, that's fine. Television on New Years' Eve,I hope not anymore. Big fine for Ms. Griffin.

January 1, 2013 at 5:23 pm |
  10. Paul Rohwedeer

While working last night the newyears host I believe her name is Kathy, I find heer behavior for a tv show host very discusting. I dont approve of that behavior and will not recomend anyone I know to watch such a display again. Thanks Paul R

January 1, 2013 at 10:32 am |
  11. dave

I saw Griffins low class display and can't believe CNN would lower itself by have someone like her on the air. CNN should be burning up the airwaves apologizing to it's viewers. NO CLASS. I guess I'll have to switch to FOX.

January 1, 2013 at 10:18 am |
  12. Hewitt

I cannot understand CNN allowing the antics of this woman..It was another discusting performance..Not family oriented.
    Please clean up next years show...

January 1, 2013 at 12:40 am |
  13. Joan Seidel

Please, stop matching Anderson with Kathy Griffin. It is beyond ridiculous. She is not funny. Just very aggravating!

January 1, 2013 at 12:31 am |
  14. Carole burgin

I can't stand Kathy. She's not funny, she's just dull and vulgar and history!

December 31, 2012 at 10:11 pm |
  15. Kate

Googled to see if Kathy & Anderson would be hosting again this year. So excited! It's my favorite NYE tradition.

I think my personal favourite moment was Kathy's retort to the heckler that got her fired the first time (and was subsequently edited out), but her chucking things at the Jonas Brothers and breaking Anderson's glasses was hilarious and memorable as well. Most adorable friends ever.

December 30, 2012 at 11:37 pm |