AC360 Wednesday 8p

Investigators are analyzing data from the Bluefin-21. The latest on the search for Flight 370 live on AC360.
December 28th, 2012

Cooper to Griffin: No nudity on NYE 2013

Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin are getting ready for their New Year's Eve show by looking back at a moment that will go down in Times Square history.

They return for their sixth year hosting the special coverage on Dec. 31 at 10 p.m. ET

Read more about this year's New Year's Eve show and tweet your messages, resolutions, and greetings using #cnnnye for a chance to see them on air.

Post by:
Filed under: Kathy Griffin • New Year's Eve 2013
  1. Falene

I turned the channel. I find neither to be the type of entertainment I can leave on the tv to see the ball drop with kids in the house. Even with no kids, I turned the channel. They just aren't funny or even mildly interesting in that format though they rock in their day jobs. I sure miss Dick Clark.

January 7, 2013 at 4:00 pm |
  2. Scott

I kind of enjoyed the show. At least they got their tape delay correct for my time zone, which ABC did not. I'm so surprised and everyone bashing KG. Why didn't you just change the channel?

January 3, 2013 at 4:00 pm |
  3. judy

I too felt bad for Anderson, she went too far and was annoying and embarassing. I hope someone said something to her it was hard to watch

January 2, 2013 at 6:23 pm |
  4. Steve

I am amazed that CNN continues to pay Griffin to humiliate Anderson Cooper national TV. I was embarrassed for him. The woman is not funny and has no class. I realize that the New Year's Eve show isn't a news broadcast, but what does CNN get out of her classless and desparate cry for attention? She should go back to wishing to be on the A-list rather than humiliating Mr. Cooper. Next year, I will watch MTVs version of the New Year's Eve bash in Times Sqauare. Cooper, if you have any input into who co-hosts with you, please select someone else. You ratings, and your broadcasting future, depend on it.

January 1, 2013 at 9:59 pm |
  5. Gail Filipelli

I normally enjoy the chemistry between Kathy Griffin and Anderson Cooper. I don’t watch her on solo appearances because I don't care for her style, but, she seems to bring out a lot of humor in him and they can be entertaining together. I was anticipating some kind of edgy skit after the "kiss the sardine" scene. But, I was not prepared for her unrelenting efforts to perform oral sex on him. It crossed the line between funny adult humor and a disappointing display of lack of good judgment on her part and that of the network. It stopped being funny after the first 5 or so attempts. He was clearly uncomfortable. Why would she do that to her friend? I am disappointed that the network I look to every day for the best news coverage would allow this bad behavior to be broadcast.

January 1, 2013 at 10:59 am |
  6. Robert

What style, What class.

/sarcasm off

January 1, 2013 at 10:44 am |
  7. lori

why woul you continue to have kathy on your show. She is making a fool out of Anderson. She is so obnoxious, loud and dont know when to shut up.

January 1, 2013 at 12:34 am |
  8. Sarah

Anderson Cooper is a class act but Kathy Griffin isn't. What a mess to combine these two...your network just gets worse and worse...sensational low class crap...

December 31, 2012 at 10:48 pm |
  9. Patrick

You are a world class journalist, but why is Kathy Griffin there. It is like Joan and Melissa Rivers. What purpose do they have? Confused about stuff.

December 31, 2012 at 9:34 pm |