December 18th, 2012

McDonnell parents live through Grace

Grace McDonnell, a 7-year-old student killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting, is remembered by her parents. They say it's Grace who is guiding them through these difficult days.

Read more about Grace and the impact she had on others.

1. Steve Loop

Anderson, When I first saw your interview aired live here I too sobbed, such a beautiful interview. I shared it on FB and got alot of moving replies. Grace's parents are soo strong, I thank them for telling us Grace's Story. I agree with 3 others I too would love to be able to purchase the Gracie Artwork They gave the president and you with all proceeds going to something good. we must never forget this moment in time.
    God Bless you all.

December 23, 2012 at 5:29 pm |
  2. Magaly

I am amazed at the strength and love shown by Grace's family. Hearing her mom and dad speak it is easy to see why Grace was such a wonderful child and why she was all about peace and love. She was sorrounded by a loving and peaceful family, Clearly the best enviroment for a child to flourish.

December 20, 2012 at 2:10 am |
  3. chris

I was so impressed with the composure of these brave parents! Thanks for sharing these wonderful profiles of little lives who have made an impression on so many! I would love to have the opportunity to purchase a print or two of the beautiful artwork created by Grace. They are truly Amazing! Any chance to make them available and have the proceeds go to the families! Also, I want to commend you, Anderson, on keeping the focus on those lost and not the one who took them from us!!!

December 20, 2012 at 12:11 am |
  4. Elise Bray

what wonderful people you are to express yourselves so lovingly about your angel Grace. I don't know how you did it, I know I could not. RIP beautiful little soul you were loved and still are.

December 19, 2012 at 5:33 pm |
  5. maryrosedestra-taft

My heart is so full. I don't know how Anderson can sit with these brave parents, but I'm thankful he is. So we can know and never forget these precious angels. My heart goes out to all of these dear parents, siblings, grandparents and loved ones. I don't think any of us will ever be the same after this. God bless us everyone.

December 19, 2012 at 3:53 pm |
  6. Natalia

Amazing strength the parents of Grace have shown. I believe that during the brief time Grace was on this earth, she was the luckiest little girl in the world because she was sourrended by her beautiful family. I will always keep the children and staff of SandyHook in my thoughts and will live my life in a more positive way.

December 19, 2012 at 2:48 pm |
  7. steven green

Take Grace McDonnell,s art picture,s and put them on T-shirts to sale.,to fight for gun control !!! Plus everyone would love them.

December 19, 2012 at 10:48 am |
  8. Connie

Thank you so much for your stand on not discussing the name of the shooter at Sandy Hook School. The media as a whole needs to stop making these sick people infamous. The American public does not need to know all of the minutia of his or any other sick perpetrator's lives. It only serves to make some other sick person want to "go one better" and see if they can do something worse. I also commend you for your choice to not interview these young children.

December 18, 2012 at 11:22 pm |