AC360 Thursday 8p

Are crews preparing to move to "Plan B" in the search for Flight 370? The latest tonight live on AC360.
October 5th, 2012

Keeping them Honest: Jack Welch interview with Anderson Cooper

Former GE CEO Jack Welch says on AC360: "I've got a tweet out there that I stand by."

Anderson Cooper asks Welch.."in your heart do you somehow believe they cooked the books?" He says in response.."I don't really know, but I do know this, that these numbers are implausible."

Anderson interviews former GE CEO Jack Welch about his Twitter comment that's creating a lot of buzz. It was posted moments after the U.S. Labor Department said the unemployment rate fell to 7.8 percent in September for the first time since Pres. Obama took office in 2009.

Jack_Welch Tweet

Go to part two of the interview

Post by:
Filed under: 2012 Election • Jack Welch • Job Market • Keeping Them Honest • Unemployment
  1. Steve Richardson

Get the facts, Jack!

October 10, 2012 at 8:33 am |
  2. Edgar Hernandez

Jack Welch as General Electric CEO knows that when is time to put out economical data, always is done with honesty and integrity. His skepticism on the monthly unemployment report, make me believe that during his tenure he had the opportunity to cook the books, he got the experience and now explains to all of us the way to do it.No wonder he was not called back as CEO for General Electric.

October 6, 2012 at 10:09 pm |
  3. Mary Anne Graf

• He
    Let's remember this is the same Jack Welch who 'cooked' GE's taxes so GE pays none, revealing the much-revered GE as perhaps the best example yet of massive corporate welfare. As in sports, management of partisan frustration separates the classy from the classless. Someone like Welch taking a Bachmann-like shot is sadly embarrassing. Aging, for better or worse, often closes the gap between heart and mouth.

October 6, 2012 at 9:10 am |
  4. Lew Hann

I'm very disappointed in Jack Welsh. His points on the may have some validly, I don't know I'm not a statistician, the point here is the trend. They weren't questioning the numbers the horrible results supported their message. There is something good now happening in the American economy! The Canadian has delivered unexpectedly high job creation as well, no doubt driven by the American economy. Are the Chicago politicians controlling the Canadian depart of labour statisticians as well?

October 6, 2012 at 4:34 am |
  5. P. KNAPE

Great interview with Jack Welch. An old- fashioned hang-tough guy-my new hero!

October 6, 2012 at 1:24 am |
  6. Al Falfa

It is amazing how Ideology drives the numbers into the ditch and not the other way around!

October 6, 2012 at 1:23 am |