AC360 Monday 8p

There are growing questions about the ferry crew's actions. The latest on the South Korean ferry disaster live on AC360.
July 23rd, 2012

Tonight on AC360: Remembering the Aurora, Colorado shooting victims

Twelve innocent lives perished in the Colorado theater massacre on Friday. Among those who died were sons, daughters, parents, friends, and members of our nation’s military. They were each robbed of their future by a cold-blooded gunman.

Heartbroken loved ones continue to grieve, strangers mourn, and we're all left wondering why senseless acts of violence are allowed to happen. One deranged, merciless criminal can destroy life in an instant. The twelve victims in Aurora are gone forever, but not forgotten.

Tonight Anderson Cooper honors their memory and tells their stories. Some of their family members will share personal anecdotes and reflect on the extraordinary loss. Join us at 8 and 10 p.m. ET.

Post by:
Filed under: 360° Radar • Colorado Shooting
  1. Hildegard Auciello

I would like to know why they call him a "suspect" when the right word should be "assassin"? isn't that what he is? I just want to know why, can anybody explain that to me?

July 23, 2012 at 10:37 pm |
  2. Lynda V

I've never written a comment to a news personality before but I had to let you know how pleased I am that you chose not to use the name of the suspect in the Aurora shooting. We will probably never know what prompted this cowardly act but hopefuly copycats won't be prompted to repeat a similar incident in order to gain their 15 minutes of fame. In addition to whatever punishment our justice system metes out I think his name should forever be deleted from history. He should reap no fame, however repugnant, from this act of violence.

July 23, 2012 at 10:26 pm |
  3. Dana Rogers

I tuned in while a father was talking about his son who was killed, and he put a challenge to Anderson, CNN and All The Major News Stations. He challenged them to STOP naming the "suspects", to STOP giving them "notoriety" for the acts they do and to just use the word Coward if speaking about them. To focus ONLY on the innocent and brave victims.I totally AGREE! I applaud Anderson for not using "THE COWARDS" name from that point on! I honestly hope that ALL the news/T.V. stations will Accept this challenge, and follow suit!! Who cares about these "cowards" and their lives. It should be about the Innocent, Brave and Heroic Victims! Without their few minutes of "fame" maybe these "Cowards" would stop!
    I understand the desire to dig into these "Cowards" lives in "hopes" of trying to figure out the reasoning behind their actions, but that can still be done by the experts WITHOUT having it shown on all the broadcasts!
    Way to go "DAD" I am with you 100%. (I tuned in during this fathers interview and did not catch his name)
    To all the Brave Victims I will make it a point to learn ALL OF YOUR NAMES and YOU WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN.

July 23, 2012 at 9:59 pm |
  4. Cathy Walker

Thank you so very much for focusing on and remembering the victims and not the killer. Everyone I know really appreciates that you continue to honor the victims and not give air time to the killer!!

July 23, 2012 at 8:39 pm |
  5. Eva

This is a tragedy!
    Please look closer at the gun laws, the incidents in the USA involving guns (not only with creepy mad men) and focus on that. I understand you don't want to focus on the suspect, which is very good. The victims have to be remembered, of course!
    But most importantly, review the gun laws and the lobby of the rifle association, that's were the trouble is and that is what no one wants to tackle. Why did Obama not mention this? I do not wonder why, I know.
    Simple restrict guns and you will not have to report this awful news every other day.

July 23, 2012 at 8:17 pm |
  6. naqeeb

I am truly sorry for the loss and grief this act of terrorism has caused everyone touched by it. My question is why are we not calling this what it is "terrorism" when people are now affraid to take thier kids to the movies its terrorism this man has been called many things "a troubled college grad" etc.... but not a terrorist had this act been committed by a muslim for sure it would be labled terrorism it is a shame that we save this term only for specific groups no matter who commits such an act it should be called what it is "terrorism"

July 23, 2012 at 5:06 pm |
  7. Jacqueline Sims

Thank you for honoring the heroes and victims, like Alex Teves who shielded his girlfriend during the shooting. To say that Alex Teves touched all who met him would be a gross understatement to the life and laughter he brought into countless lives. He lived and died as a friend, brother, son, and gentleman and will be remembered by all who knew him as each of those-and by the world as a true hero who lost his life in the act of saving another’s. RIP Teves, your hilarity, thoughtfulness, brilliance, and smile will never be forgotten.

July 23, 2012 at 4:55 pm |