AC360 Wednesday 8p

Investigators are analyzing data from the Bluefin-21. The latest on the search for Flight 370 live on AC360.
July 17th, 2012

Family members of missing Iowa girls talk to AC360

Eight-year-old Elizabeth Collins and ten-year-old Lyric Cook disappeared Friday night after the cousins were last seen riding their bicycles. Lyric's mother Misty Cook-Morrissey and Tammy Brousseau who is the aunt of both girls speak to CNN's Anderson Cooper.

1. Flavia

WOW!!! I agree with everybody here when I first saw Lyric's mom, I thought it was VERY strange the way she was acting she did not seem like a mom whose daughter was missing, she was as non-chalant talking about her missing daughter as if she was discussing the weather. Something is not right here with this mom, if you see a picture of the Dad he seems so distraught and like he hasn't slept in days! Hope the investigators see what we all see!!

July 18, 2012 at 10:47 pm |
  2. Bill

My gut reaction after watching this is the Mom does not seem distraught, which I find strange and disturbing. If one of my kids were missing, I would be beside myself with grief. Something is not right here. I pray these kids are found safe.

July 18, 2012 at 7:02 pm |
    • Kitha

People, it is obvious this woman is on mood altering drugs.....I am a doctor. She is almost in a 'daze'. This is what mood stabilizers do....leave her alone!!!!

July 18, 2012 at 10:12 pm |
  3. George

Wow something is wrong there. Have they had a profiler watch these two ladies for their reactions?

July 18, 2012 at 4:03 pm |
  4. Vic

If my child was missing, there would be no consoling me. I would not be able to be interviewed without crying my eyes out. I'd be frantic. This mother didn't seem too worried to me. Her only concern was that the polygraph room was too small.

July 18, 2012 at 12:04 pm |
  5. Heidi Gareau

These woman are not sad at all. I hope the police are keeping an eye on the fact that they act like they are superstars on T.V.

July 18, 2012 at 9:52 am |
  6. Bramford Hilton

Exactly my thoughts, Mia. I didn't realize the one on the right is one of the mothers! Although she did tear up a little at the end when Anderson asked her to describe her daughter – that's a good sign. But you're right, she seems too happy. Strange.

July 18, 2012 at 3:12 am |
  7. Bob

I am 4 miles from Evansdale Iowa and I agree something is not right. They dont even looked worried.

July 18, 2012 at 12:38 am |
  8. marianne

yea i wud have to agree!! it does seem odd! but ive never been in that situation & hope never to be in it.... i dont think i cud speak on live tv w/ out bursting into tears.... just the thought of my children being gone like this make me wanna cry!!! who knows everyone reacts differently. im sure the police are watching every move n words that comes out of their mouths... 1sdt people they always suspect is family... so well see what happens!!!!

July 17, 2012 at 11:49 pm |
  9. aunt kittie

if anyone looks at the earlier time -you will see she apperars very upset -you can see it in her face and eyes- Please don't judge this poor woman and the families-they are going through Hell right now- the mother some seem she is too pleasant- I think someone has put makeup on her and she may be on some type of medicine to be able to cope and speak out – I believe it would be very hard to stand in front of so many people and be filmed- some people smile when they are afraid- lets try and give her a break! God Bless the little girls and their whole family and all the people who love them.

July 17, 2012 at 11:04 pm |
  10. David

I agree with you that her demeanor seems odd. It really threw me off... I can only assume that she is on so many antidepressants/sleep deprivation that she isn't totally control of her emotions at this point.

July 17, 2012 at 9:49 pm |
  11. Melanie Ward

We all seem pretty well in agreement about the suspisions of Misty. I also find it interesting that she claims her lie detector test went 'fine", instead of saying she passed...

July 17, 2012 at 9:03 pm |
  12. Melanie Ward

Does anyone else find it odd that Misty is speaking about her daughter in he past tense?
    "We looked forward to what they had to offer in their future,and the life God had for them."

July 17, 2012 at 3:47 pm |
    • Julie

It really struck me that Misty Morrisey seemed so relaxed as she spoke of the missing girls on cnn Anderson Cooper 360 (Elizabeth Collins and her daughter Lyric Cook-Morrisey). She seemed more emotional when describing being in a claustrophobic room for the polygraph test. Maybe I am totally wrong and she just appears that way. But it made me really question. Then she spoke of the girls in the past tense. "We really looked forward to what they had to offer in their future and the life God had for them." Why would she talk of them in the past tense? They have only been missing a few days and people are still looking. Frankly it really concerns me that as she spoke it reminded me of Susan Smith. In stark contrast, Tammy Brousseau seemed genuinely upset. I just hope the girls are OK and I am totally wrong.

July 18, 2012 at 1:05 am |
    • JD

No, not in the least. There is nothing odd about it, considering that I believe they are the first to be suspected in their disappearance. Given my suspicious nature, I find it more unusual of the court related cases in Blackhawk County that members of this family has been involved in.

July 18, 2012 at 2:11 pm |
    • Trixie

I thought maybe I was being overly judgmental after I watched the video of the two women being interviewed, so I watched it again just now. And it is extremely disconcerting to me that the mother on the right is smiling and upbeat in her demeanor. Terribly troubling. We can only hope that the authorities are noticing this behavior as well.

July 18, 2012 at 5:24 pm |
  13. Jo

Wait, did the mom say, "What they "had" to offer?" Hm.

July 17, 2012 at 3:21 pm |
  14. Mike

The mother doesn't seem very sad, hear-broken, or worried. Her demeanor comes off more as someone who relishes the opportunity to bask in the spotlight and gain sympathy. The little smiles and nose scrunches seem odd for someone who's girl has been missing only since Friday. Only a short-lived voice quiver towards the end, but no tears at any point. Speaks about what God had planned for her life in the past tense, and goes on about the polygraph in a strange way. I hate to say it, but I think mom knows something.

July 17, 2012 at 9:17 am |
    • George

Their reactions are not normal what you would expect. Something is wrong here.

July 18, 2012 at 4:05 pm |
  15. mia

Am I the only one who thinks the blonde woman on this interview seemed almost happy and animated on this interview? I don't get it at all, I know different people respond differently to grief but most of them don't smile and appear this animated while talking about their missing children. Strange disconnect.

July 17, 2012 at 1:54 am |
    • Heidi Gareau

I also can't believe the mom talks about the polygraph being long and feeling claustrophobic your kid is missing you should not be complaining!

July 18, 2012 at 9:56 am |