AC360 Tuesday 8p

Ferry crew members answered questions about why more life rafts were not deployed. Tonight on AC360, the latest from South Korea on the effort to reach victims.
May 22nd, 2012

Minister to file complaint on Worley

Rev. Barry Lynn, the Founder and Executive Director of Americans United for Separation of Church and State, wants a North Carolina pastor to lose his church's tax-exempt status for remarks against Obama's re-election during an anti-gay sermon.

Post by:
Filed under: 360° Interview • Religion
  1. Rich

Gee, I wonder if Barry Lynn is going file a complaint against government forcing church based organizations to distribute abortion pills...for "free"...O, forgive me, I forgot about,.... Barryn Lynn selective outrage syndrome......

May 23, 2012 at 3:23 pm |
  2. Graydon

Would be better to just get rid of tax-exempt status for churches all together.

May 23, 2012 at 2:55 pm |
  3. Rudy Gonzales

Is this preacher God Fearing."

May 23, 2012 at 2:30 pm |
  4. Rich

The words separation,church, state are found nowhere in the US Constitution. I wonder if Barry Lynn would apply the same rules to government forcing church affiliated organizations to distribute abortion pills.

May 23, 2012 at 8:08 am |
  5. Fred

Rev. Lynn has a point. I'm a taxpayer and don't want to subsidize this church's political views. That simple.

May 23, 2012 at 1:32 am |
  6. Corinne

I can't believe you'd go to this much trouble to crucify this preacher when you said nothing 4 years ago when Rev. Wright preached "God Damn America" and that was Obama's pastor and his church that believes whites are the enemy. Where were you then????

May 23, 2012 at 1:14 am |
  7. Bev

I believe the minister should file a complaint on Pastr. Worley. Pastr. Worley should never have said the hateful things against gays and lesbians. He should not get the tax exemptions.

May 23, 2012 at 12:07 am |
  8. Andrea Slominski

This is one of the most unbelievable stories to watch in 2012. How about the idea of not giving any coverage to hate speakers? Or let's see how many adulterers they have stoned to death in the last few years, if we are seeking some kind of biblical support for their viewpoint? This kind of story gives the world the idea that; this is what most Americans think, this is the way Americans speak ," I'm Agin' It!", and this is way American's are. Note to world, these people do not represent most Americans.

May 22, 2012 at 11:47 pm |