March 1st, 2012

Video: Activist: Assad will have to kill us all

A Syrian activist named "Danny" has posted videos on YouTube of the attacks for months. In an exclusive in person interview, he tells Anderson Cooper that the fighting will not stop until either Assad is gone or the activists are all dead.

Post by:
Filed under: 360° Interview • Syria
  1. Marie Veglio Luke

My question is, why isin't the UN or the US not helping them, it seems that all of their pleading for help goes unheard, there is such devestation and yet no one is helping WHY?

March 2, 2012 at 12:01 pm |
  2. Bob

Interesting. However I noticed that Danny at moments displayed a distinctly UK intonation/accent. That is a little odd as although to the best of my understanding many Syrians speak French, fewer speak English – and of those who do one would not expect a UK accent. One trusts that CNN vetted his story fully and that he is not like the case of the 'lesbian Syrian women' whose posts CNN presented for months on end before they discovered that she was actually sitting comfortably in Florida.

March 2, 2012 at 7:45 am |
  3. Sean G

Look I feel and believe me I really feel for Danny and his cause, but the U.S. has NO obligation or requirement to "step in" like we do in EVERY other world confilct! Not only am I a Marine Corps Veteran with 2 tours in Iraq, but I am also an American that knows we are in debt beyond belief. The last time this happened (Iraq and Afganistan), we stepped in and now look at where it put us. With the current predicament we are in now, we dont have the RESOURCES to "take control" of this situation like "we" LOVE and are so used to doing. Once we take care of the problems on our home soil, then and ONLY then can we resume to "saving the world!!" I "wonder" why Danny came to the U.S for publicity for this.... it's because he and the rest of the world are used to us stepping in and taking it on our shoulders. I hate to brake it to everyone, but the U.S is FAAAR from convincible and at this present time this is just out of our league!

March 2, 2012 at 2:19 am |
  4. mariaS

Why is no-one helping? Is it because Syria doesn't have the oil reserves or plays a strategic role on the world stage?? Free Governments are put in power to act responsibly and help not only their own people but others who cry out for help. Yours in a position of great responsibility and inaction right now will always be remembered. We are all waiting and hoping for some immediate action to help those poor people. Danny can't be more explicit, he's been so brave....what are we waiting for? ACTION is needed now!

March 2, 2012 at 1:39 am |
  5. Steve

I just watch the report on ac360 and I simply can not believe the world is not doing more to help these people. I feel sick watching what is happening to these people. It's time for the un to step up and help. I'm not suggesting troops on the ground but there are so many ways the international community could help.

It's time to stop the talking and doing something to stop the killing!

March 2, 2012 at 1:30 am |
  6. Nadia

You are amazing Danny any mother would be proud to have a son like you. I hope i have a son like you who cares about his people the way you do. And as for the regime it is like a nazi army with hitler in Damascus

March 2, 2012 at 1:14 am |
  7. Safai

Assad must go now, this criminal Bashar doesn't deserve to live.

March 2, 2012 at 12:31 am |
  8. Joe Abbott

Thank you Mr. Cooper for giving Danny a chance to give us a first-hand account of the ordeal that people in Syria are facing under a dictator like Bashar Assad and sectarian regime as his.

March 1, 2012 at 11:43 pm |
  9. Rachel Sears

Dear Global Community: Stop talking. Take action now to save the remaining children of Homs, Syria. America, did we lie when we said we were going into Libya to take on the bully regime there "to stop that government from killing its people"? Zero tolerance for bully dictators. Everyone, can't you see that this madness must end? Here is how holocausts and ethnic cleansings happen: People cry out for immediate help but no one is listening. God help us to help the children. This I pray in Jesus name. Deliver them from evil. AMEN.

March 1, 2012 at 10:47 pm |