Editor's note: Watch CNN Heroes: An All-Star Tribute, hosted by Anderson Cooper, live on Sunday, December 11 at 8 p.m. ET.
Each of the Top 10 CNN Heroes, whose profiles are available to view at www.cnnheroes.com, received a $50,000 grant for being named as this year’s honorees. One of 2011 CNN Heroes will be named the “CNN Hero of the Year” live on the tribute show, as voted by fans across the globe, and will receive an additional $250,000 grant to further aid their charitable work. During the live broadcast, the Top 10 CNN Heroes will each have his or her story told by a celebrity. CNN is proud to announce additional celebrity presenters and participants including:
• Jerry Seinfeld, Stand-up comedian, actor, writer, and television and film producer
• George Lopez, entertainer and long-time supporter of CNN Heroes, will be introducing Hometown Heroes, showing viewers what you can do to be a hero in your very own backyard
• Sofia Vergara, Emmy, Golden Globe and SAG-nominated actress
• Mary-Louise Parker, Award winning actress, Showtime’s Weeds and supporter of Hope North Uganda
• Ice Cube, Rapper, actor, screenwriter and producer
• Laura Dern, Golden Globe Award winning Actress and star of HBO’s Enlightened
• Chris Colfer, Golden Globe winner, two-time Emmy nominee, SAG nominee, and star of Fox’sGlee, will be presenting to youths who are being recognized and honored by CNN as “Young Wonders.”
• Emma Roberts, Actress, will be presenting to youths who are being recognized and honored by CNN as “Young Wonders.”
Joining Colfer and Roberts in presenting the “Young Wonders” is Miley Cyrus, who will also be performing her triple platinum hit “The Climb” and Kid Rock will perform a special live version of "Care" from his platinum selling album, “Born Free.”
This news comes on the heels of announcing Dancing with the Stars winner andAll My Children actor, J.R. Martinez, The Black Eyed Peas’ will.i.am, global maternal health advocate and founder of Every Mother Counts, Christy Turlington Burns, and NFL Super Bowl champ and MVP quarterback Kurt Warner, as presenters last week.
Filed under: CNN Heroes
Anderson Cooper goes beyond the headlines to tell stories from many points of view, so you can make up your own mind about the news. Tune in weeknights at 8 and 10 ET on CNN.
Questions or comments? Send an email
Want to know more? Go behind the scenes with