November 11th, 2011

Video: The RidicuList: iPhone 911 call

Michael Alan Skopec makes the RidicuList for calling 911 numerous times to report that his iPhone wasn't working.

Filed under: The RidicuList
  1. Kenneth zink

I had a realtor take $45,000 from me to purchase a home under an owner Contract we met at the title company which I thought was to open escrow and sign the contract however escrow was not opened contract was not recorded and when I told the owner that I couldn't qualify to purchase the Home and to return my $45,000 she told me it was nonrefundable. The realtor and the homeowner had altered the copy of the contract I had originally signed the contract was not recorded I did not get my copy of the contract right away it went up in court and I lost $123,000. The realtor committed fraud as to the homeowner and I am disabled and I did not receive justice

August 7, 2013 at 6:13 am |
  2. SusanG

This really bothers me. This man is clearly impaired in some way beyond being drunk. He even says so in the call. I don't think this person is an appropriate target to pick on - it made me really uncomfortable.

November 20, 2011 at 1:50 pm |
  3. Don

It's not really cool to pick on society's weaker members. That guy sounds like he may be drunk, but he may also have another impairment that has a medical cause. Pointing and laughing at people like that is just bullying.

November 18, 2011 at 4:01 pm |
  4. Michael

I'm not defending Michael Alan Skopec for calling 911 numerous times to report that his iPhone wasn't working but if his service provider is AT&T their tech support number is 611 from a wireless phone. If he was drunk or as he stated "not smart" he may have gotten 611 confused with 911. Since the 911 operator asked for his address several times I would assume he was using a wireless phone and not using a land line which would typically have displayed the address at the 911 center. Listening to the conversations with the 911 operators it sounds as if he thought he had contacted tech support and was getting mad at the operators responses and thought he was being dismissed by a tech support rep.

November 17, 2011 at 9:29 pm |
  5. Mary

Anderson, good job finding these, they are so funny and so aweful at the same time. This should be a regular feature.

November 12, 2011 at 8:44 pm |
  6. Dave

No audio from the numerous calls to 911 about the iPhone not working? Pfft... One might say THAT'S ridiculous.

November 12, 2011 at 2:31 pm |
  7. Chris

In defence of the McNugget woman, they were stealing by taking her money and not giving her what she order. Still a waste of 911 time since the cops aren't going to spend time on something that small but better than the others.Also, in some areas like where I live 911 is now for all police/fire calls whether an emergency or not.

November 11, 2011 at 11:19 pm |