AC360 Thursday 8p

There are growing questions about the Bluefin-21 search for Flight 370. What's happens when it completes its sweep? The latest tonight on AC360.
October 20th, 2011

Video: Keeping Them Honest: Ron Paul's airtime

Ron Paul's campaign alleges Rep. Paul was treated unfairly in Tuesday's debate. Anderson Cooper is Keeping them Honest.

Post by:
Filed under: Keeping Them Honest
  1. Mike K

I'm an ardent Ron Paul supporter and I think CNN did an outstanding job on the debate. Cooper was fair with all the candidates, including Ron Paul – he gave them relatively equal time. Thanks Anderson and CNN for what I felt was a non biased debate, and giving my candidate a far shake in interviews.

October 21, 2011 at 1:47 pm |
  2. Sam

hahahaha.. great tactic Mr. Paul.. dont think complaint was legit, more so for Anderson to respond to complaints and give Mr. Paul more airtime. CNN replayed all of Mr. Paul's response from the Vegas Debate. Mr Paul, with all due respect, your airtime was so short due to the fact that the general public is not interested in what you have to say.

October 21, 2011 at 12:42 pm |
  3. Russ in PA

As (another) Ron Paul fan, I think Mr. Cooper did the best of all the debate moderators to this point in providing Dr. Paul decent air time. I've tried to watch the debates pretty closely, and I think I'm right in this assumption. Hopefully the Paul campaign was commenting on earlier debates, and will let Mr. Cooper know this. In any event, I'm pleased that Mr. Cooper will continue to have Dr. Paul on his shows in the future.

Ron Paul in 2012...

October 21, 2011 at 12:37 pm |
  4. Austin Pace

Ron Paul was not referring to you Anderson Cooper. He was referring to the washington post//bloomberg debate where he had a huge gap in speaking time and chances to speak. He also commended your debate on Fox news a couple of days ago. He wasnt referring to you or your debate and it would be great if you took back your statement and let Ron Paul explain this misunderstanding.

October 21, 2011 at 11:09 am |
  5. Adrian

Hey Anderson how bout comparing air time between all the candidates?? Yes Ron Paul got some air time but compared to Romney is nothing. As a moderator u should make sure they all get the same air time and I dont want to hear that excuse of rebuttal time cause we all know that an excuse to give unfair time to the rest of the candidates.

October 21, 2011 at 9:27 am |
    • Adrian

Btw dont treat these important debates as another talk show. It almost got to look like the Jerry Springer show and you acting not as a moderator but as Jerry. BTW am sick of talk shows.

October 21, 2011 at 9:32 am |
  6. Claudia

Rock on Anderson. Facts don't seem to matter these days but the exist none the less.

October 21, 2011 at 6:44 am |
  7. Dylan

Ron Paul is the only candidate that is pro-peace, against banker bailouts. All of the rest of the candidates are for more wars and more banker bailouts and that includes our current president Obama. He did not get a chance to say why he can beat Obama. He can beat Obama because he is the only candidate that differs from Obama in that he is against war and against bailing out banks.

October 21, 2011 at 6:40 am |
  8. Occupado

As always, my comment is awaiting moderation. What are you going to do next November, when you won't be able to silence those voices with whom you disagree and they've thrown you and your liberal candidate out of office?

October 21, 2011 at 5:48 am |
  9. Occupado

I don't care who the Republican nominee is, I am voting for him. I have had enough hope and change.

October 21, 2011 at 5:47 am |
  10. Alex

Let's be honest but when Ron Paul won the California straw poll the media barely mentioned it. When Ron Paul won the Value Voters Summit straw poll the media (CNN and Fox News) said straw poll don't matter yet they touted it as a victory for Herman Cain. They even said Ron Pauls campaign had paid people to vote at the Value Voters straw poll but this is flat out not true. Also it seemed unfair to me that the candidates weren't all allowed at least a closing statement. Seemed a little sketchy to me. Well admittingly it was one of the better debates but please allow for closing statements in the future!!!! Thanks!!!!

October 21, 2011 at 2:26 am |
  11. Ellie from Nebraska

I am a huge supporter of Ron Paul and I feel that you gave him plenty of time to speak and express himself, Anderson. When I first watched the debate I worried you'd black him out, and since you're my favorite news anchor, Anderson, I wondered who would have to lose my undying loyalty. But you always exceed my expectations. Ron Paul said himself that he was pleased with the time he was given to speak in an interview yesterday. Please don't confuse Ron Paul's opinions with his follower's or even his campaign's. You never disappoint Anderson. Thank you for your honest news reporting.

October 21, 2011 at 2:10 am |
  12. Franke

Good for calling the Ron Paul Fundraising committee out on their mis-information Mr. Cooper. Though Ron Paul has been slighted by other networks in the past...Fox...he was not by yours. I watched the debates and there was no indication that Paul was slighted in such a way as his Fundraising committee mentioned. Yeesh, I had previously thought Paul's campaign was better than that...obviously not. Pity.

October 21, 2011 at 12:25 am |
  13. Alex Wright

So you can say, with a straight face, that major media outlets including CNN have not been purposely ignoring Ron Paul in both his 2008 and 2011 election?

October 21, 2011 at 12:17 am |
  14. Ryan

I did however notice that you allowed other candidates to run over their time limits, but were quick to cut off Paul.

October 20, 2011 at 11:53 pm |
  15. Ron Siu

In your coverage over the Perry and Romney clashes during the debate, you failed to point out that although both candidates were testy and somewhat mean-spirited, Perry at least stuck to the issues by focusing on immigration. But Romney's comment regarding Perry's previous debate performances was a purely personal attack.

October 20, 2011 at 11:50 pm |
  16. Joemely

I think this is the debate that let Ron Paul speak the most.

But you do have to admit that after the debate you did not give him any credit for anything..

All I hear in the news is the stupid 9-9-9 plan.. We really want to hear from the other candidates not just Romney, Perry and Cain!

Cain won 1 straw poll and he's all over the media, Ron Paul has won how many?? about 5?? no credit...

Stop picking our candidates and show the same amount of coverage for ALL... we had to blast your twitter to get 1 bad article about him.. thank you!

how about you guys talk about his economic plan?

October 20, 2011 at 11:45 pm |
  17. Doug Davis From Mio, Michigan

You never did give Ron Paul a chance to speak at the end why he would be best against Obama in 2012! You let ahead and let the other candidates, even though the campaigns agreed, you still let them go over, why couldn't Paul?

October 20, 2011 at 11:45 pm |
  18. SSG Kuivenhoven

I think it is stupid to make this a story. It strays away from what matters.

October 20, 2011 at 11:33 pm |
  19. Jim N.

I'm a Ron Paul fanatic from Florida. I just ate all of the crap I was talking earlier this week. I'm sorry AC. Dr. Paul doesn't get a fair shake in the MSM ( FACT ) but it wasn't that bad at the debate. I think a lot of us had a bad feeling in our gut from last year's debate at the Reagan center when he was marginalized then (check the tapes. Dr. Paul actually had to ask you "Can I join the debate?"). Also...the Pew center's research on his treatment in MSM news outlets just came out last week, so give us a break, please?

I'm sorry A/C, again. CNN has been added to my "News" feed again and I've "Liked" you on FB.

October 20, 2011 at 11:31 pm |