October 12th, 2011

GOP Easing Up on 'Occupy Wall Street' Protesters?: Join the Live Chat

Some Republicans seems to be changing their message on the "Occupy Wall Street" protesters. We're Keeping Them Honest. Plus, a new poll suggests there's a new frontrunner in the GOP race for the White House, and it's not Mitt Romney. That's Raw Politics. Plus, more of our special report on bullying in America's schools.

We also want to let you know the Live Chat is retiring after tonight, but the conversation with our viewers continues everyday. We’d like to thank everyone who has added their unique voice and perspective over the years, and hope you’ll consider continuing the discussion on Twitter. You can chat with us by following @AndersonCooper and @AC360 on Twitter – we hope to see you there!

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Janis

Why do all these teens need to achieve status and conformity with their peers outside of their homes with so much violence – emotional and otherwise. I can see being ostrasized – that;s an age old way of telling someone they don't conform and are unacceptable used when I was that age. Something more seems to be going on besides seeking status with their peers.

October 12, 2011 at 8:59 pm |
  2. vic , nashville ,tn

Good night every one

October 12, 2011 at 8:57 pm |
  3. Chris

Janis, did you say this site won't be available to us after tonight? I missed that and I will miss hearing from everyone.

October 12, 2011 at 8:55 pm |
    • starr,formerly know as vincent

Ditto Chris!

October 12, 2011 at 8:59 pm |
  4. starr,formerly know as vincent

Good night John & Team 360. Writing on this blog has been a real eye opener for me. If, in fact, it is being discontinued, i thank you All, with all of my heart. it's been great!

Good night fellow writters – i will miss you guys the most. Know that i will wish you always a safe & peaceful day, everyday.=!

God bless us all.

October 12, 2011 at 8:55 pm |
  5. Chris

I feel sorry for Dr. Murray. He got in over his head and he was far from the first doctor who would not say no to Michael. No doubt it is painful for MJ's family; I wish they would have really held firm on an intervention years ago.

October 12, 2011 at 8:53 pm |
  6. starr,formerly know as vincent

Dr Murray's behavior is not what a cardiologist's training should be!

@Nancy & BettyAnn and anyone else, i understand tonight is thelast night for this blog.

If you want, please stay in touch with me email vincents19@hotmail.com. I will miss you all very much.

October 12, 2011 at 8:52 pm |
    • Chris

Thanks, Starr. I will email you; if you hear from others, maybe we can all communicate among ourselves.

October 12, 2011 at 8:57 pm |
    • Chris

Goodnight all. Hope to catch up with many of you via Starr. It's been a pleasure.

October 12, 2011 at 8:58 pm |
  7. vic , nashville ,tn

Dr.Murray failed from doctors duty

October 12, 2011 at 8:52 pm |
  8. Janis

I really don't know what to think of the MJ trial. I feel sorry for the family to have all these intimate details of him come out for the world to see. I guess it's something that has to be done to stop bad medical doctors.

I think Dr. Murray was too starstruck and let his better judgement get away from him. He should have told MJ no and recommended better ways of managing insomnia. Telling mega stars no is the hard part. Very sad.

October 12, 2011 at 8:48 pm |
  9. vic , nashville ,tn

What wrong with Iran and Syria they try to kill their own people in our soil

October 12, 2011 at 8:42 pm |
  10. starr,formerly know as vincent

Another assination plot?!

Thank God for our intelligence agencies and their successes!

Great report by Drew.

October 12, 2011 at 8:40 pm |
  11. Janis

What's going on with Iran? They are certainly taking crazy risks with their status in the international political environment.

October 12, 2011 at 8:40 pm |
  12. BettyAnn,TX

Does anyone know if the Salon killings in Southern California was a loan wolf? Could this be a connection to the Iranian plot?

October 12, 2011 at 8:37 pm |
    • starr,formerly know as vincent

Hi BettyAnn, what is the "Salon" killings?

October 12, 2011 at 8:43 pm |
    • Janis

I don't know, BettyAnn, but it is getting thicker and thicker (the plot).

October 12, 2011 at 8:43 pm |
  13. starr,formerly know as vincent

This defense stategy (if you can call it that) has my head spinning!

It's as crazy as the two criminals who committed this horrific crime!

Shame on the defense!! These men DO deserve the death penalty – no question of their guilt!

October 12, 2011 at 8:30 pm |
  14. Chris

It is an interesting strategy the President has in place. Rather than going after the entire field before there is a nominee, I'd stay focused on the economy and jobs and go after the opponents when they have a nominee.

October 12, 2011 at 8:22 pm |
    • vic , nashville ,tn

I agree with you on that they can wait till primaries over

October 12, 2011 at 8:26 pm |
  15. starr,formerly know as vincent

I think the Rep. field is Not satisfactory with the majority of the Party.

If Herman Cain is #1, the Rep. race is in trouble.

October 12, 2011 at 8:20 pm |
    • vic , nashville ,tn

I agree with you beginning of this year I thought we will have primary like 2008 democrats

October 12, 2011 at 8:32 pm |
    • Janis

Hi Starr, finally made it here – late dinner.

I agree too, but the one thing I noticed is that he's not a professional politicianm Maybe that's tickling the GOPers fancy so to speak. Interesting to watch the GOP field flucuate.

October 12, 2011 at 8:32 pm |
      • starr,formerly know as vincent

I had not thought of that.

October 12, 2011 at 8:37 pm |
  16. vic , nashville ,tn

Tea party don’t like Romney tea party movement key voters in republican primary

October 12, 2011 at 8:18 pm |
    • Chris

Romney is head of everyone with independents; they will determine the election outcome.

October 12, 2011 at 8:20 pm |
      • starr,formerly know as vincent

I agree Chris, that the Independents will choose the next President, but so far i remain unimpressed with the Rep. field except possibly Huntsman.

October 12, 2011 at 8:23 pm |
      • vic , nashville ,tn

In republican primary doubt and my understanding some states only party members can participate in primary

October 12, 2011 at 8:24 pm |
        • Chris

Only party members make sense for either party because who wants the opposition deciding the candidate.

October 12, 2011 at 8:27 pm |
    • Janis

Of the entire GOP field, I'm most intrigued with Romney and Cain. I think they would both really give pulling the economy up their very best focused effort. But, I'm still going with Obama unless the GOP can convince me they can do it as a political party to compliment their candidate..

October 12, 2011 at 8:37 pm |
      • vic , nashville ,tn

Last night debate about economy they focused on 9-9-9 but they didn’t propose any alternative or own economy recovery plan

October 12, 2011 at 8:44 pm |
        • Chris

They have made proposals including reducing corporate taxes since we are now number one for highest in the world. Japa n was number one but they just lowered theirs. They also feel strongly that we need to make some changes with how we trade with China.

October 12, 2011 at 8:49 pm |
          • vic , nashville ,tn

How we trade with China G.W.Bush and Obama talk about that after the election they changed so don’t count on that

October 12, 2011 at 8:54 pm |
          • Janis

Fair trade with China would be a big step forward for GOP.

October 12, 2011 at 8:54 pm |
        • Janis

I know. I keep waiting for them to come up with something but they are too busy undermining anything Obama comes up with. Not very proactive at all.

October 12, 2011 at 8:53 pm |
  17. vic , nashville ,tn

Herman Cain front runner every new polls Wow

October 12, 2011 at 8:16 pm |
  18. starr,formerly know as vincent

Evening John & Team 360. Glad to see John in for Anderson (but where is Anderson?)

Hello sound off friends!

Typical, now that the Wall St. movement is gaining momentum, the Rep's no longer call them "mobs", but are beginning to recognize it is the Middle Class speaking!!

October 12, 2011 at 8:13 pm |
    • Chris

Funny that they are just hounding the banks and the unions are involved. The one organization that still owes the government the most money is General Motors and that money was primarily to help the unions. The bondholders were left hanging. So again, very interesting that the unions are there.

October 12, 2011 at 8:17 pm |
      • vic , nashville ,tn

GM is starting its plant in Tennessee they hiring 1700 people that will boost economy here
        But We are losing lot of jobs from wall street

October 12, 2011 at 8:22 pm |
        • Chris

Yes we are loosing jobs on Wall Street. I assume many want that which is unfortunate.

October 12, 2011 at 8:24 pm |
          • starr,formerly know as vincent

Chris, do you know why Wall St. is "down sizing". With all of those insane bonuses flying around, what's the problem?

October 12, 2011 at 8:33 pm |
            • Chris

The banks are not making the money they once did. The recent change to debit card charges pertaining to the retailer's s will cost the banks about $20 Billion which is why most of us will pay a fee for the debit card. Also deposits are not what they once were because of the very low interest rates the banks can pay. Also, for banks and all financial institutions, the world economy is hurting them as it is us. I hate to see anyone loose their job. As we know, it's the little guys that go, most likely not anyone corrupt. JPMorgan Chase will report earnings in the morning so stay tuned.

October 12, 2011 at 8:41 pm |
              • starr,formerly know as vincent

Thanks Chris – of course it will be the little guys & gals that will loose their jobs.

This is so Wrong!!

October 12, 2011 at 8:48 pm |
              • vic , nashville ,tn

I agree same time debt card holders have point
                Debt card our money we are using banks charge service charge from business now small business make little bit more money now so they may hire people

October 12, 2011 at 8:49 pm |
                • Chris

Well supposedly the savings would be given back to customers. Let me know when you see any prices drop!

October 12, 2011 at 8:51 pm |
                • Chris

That won't help retailers hire. They won't hire until the employees they have can't handle the number of customers. Increase in customers won't happen until we see demand for product go up.

October 12, 2011 at 8:52 pm |
  19. vic , nashville ,tn

Good evening every one
    This is not changing message this called Flip flop

Occupy wall street they are not whiner they are fighting against corruption

October 12, 2011 at 8:11 pm |
    • starr,formerly know as vincent

Hi Vic, exactly! I agree.

October 12, 2011 at 8:14 pm |