October 7th, 2011

Pastor Calls Romney's Mormon Faith a 'Cult': Join the Live Chat

Reverend Robert Jeffress, an influential evangelical leader and megachurch pastor, is taking shots at Mitt Romney's faith. Today he called it a 'cult', while endorsing Romney's rival, Rick Perry. Pastor Jeffress also said the President governs by "un-Biblical principles". We'll ask the pastor about those comments. Plus, and "Occupy Wall Street" protesters coming under fire from lawmakers who worry the crowds will soon turn violent. Yet many of them praised the tea party for using many of the very same tactics. We're Keeping Them Honest.

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good Night Everyone! "Have a great and wonderful weekend!" I will be watching "Bullying: It Stops Here!" The children must be watched over!

October 7, 2011 at 8:59 pm |
  2. Sharon Hastings

Good night everyone. I hope you all have a safe and good weekend. This was a great program and very thought provoking. Excellent job by AC 360.

October 7, 2011 at 8:57 pm |
  3. Janis

Goodnight everyone. Interesting discussions tonight. I enjoyed it.

Have a safe and happy Friday night.

October 7, 2011 at 8:56 pm |
  4. vic , nashville ,tn

I won’t miss Sunday I like the topic I am strong supporter of stop bullying I was teacher I know how hard is that

October 7, 2011 at 8:55 pm |
  5. Lori - PA

Reverend Robert Jeffress, you belong to a cult too.

October 7, 2011 at 8:55 pm |
  6. Starr, formerly know as vincent

Thank you and good night Anderson & Team 360, have a good weekend. I will be watching your special on bullying.

Good night fellow writers, lively conversation tonight!! I wish you a safe & peaceful weekend.

For those who still watch the Simpsons, i celebrate for you!

October 7, 2011 at 8:53 pm |
  7. Sharon Hastings

Let the poor kid go home. These kids are miserable and depressed being bullied. It breaks my heart. Some kids can't take it and the outcome of that is tragic.

October 7, 2011 at 8:53 pm |
    • Starr, formerly know as vincent

I agree about letting them go home and they are miserable.
      But, how do they get an education? Maybe parents can organize "home" schooling. It then becomes rediculous to expect these parents to pay School Tax!

October 7, 2011 at 8:56 pm |
  8. Bruce, Springfield OH

I enjoyed the discussion around the Dallas Pastor who believes Mormonism is a cult. I do not believe that. Candidates should be judged on the merits of their ideas and have the religious freedom every American has or should have.

I wish Anderson had more thoroughly introduced Bruce Feiler. Again thanks for the insightful discussion.

October 7, 2011 at 8:53 pm |