Amanda Knox's Homecoming: Join the Live Chat
Amanda Knox enters the court in Perugia, Italy, on Monday on the last day of her appeal
October 4th, 2011

Amanda Knox's Homecoming: Join the Live Chat

Acquitted murderer Amanda Knox is expected land back in her hometown of Seattle any moment. We'll have live coverage of return tonight on AC360°.
Plus, three girlfriends of Dr. Conrad Murray testify at the Michael Jackson Death Trial. One of them said Murry had shipments of the drug that officials said killed Jackson shipped to her home. Plus, tonight's other headlines.

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good night Anderson, everyone and my friends!!!!!!!
    See you tomorrow night, Have a great night & Sleep tight everyone!!!
    Thanks for coming in join with us tonight! :)

Anderson,
    Have a great night & good sleep at home after work!!!
    See you tomorrow night!!! Just a plenty sleep at home!

October 4, 2011 at 8:59 pm |
  2. Sharon Hastings

Good night everyone. Very interesting show and thought provoking comments.

October 4, 2011 at 8:58 pm |
  3. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good Night Everyone! Sleep Well!

October 4, 2011 at 8:58 pm |
  4. lisal -canada

one of those nights where the hour seems to fly by too quickly
    – really enjoyed the show this evening – happy for amanda and her family – sad for the kerchers – nite

October 4, 2011 at 8:58 pm |
  5. Starr, formerly know as vincent

As far as Dr. Murray, i have Never, in my long nursing career, seen or heard of a Cardiologist who did Not know CPR! Further, he's on the phone without medical assistance or proper life saving equipment when his patient is in acute distress?!
    Plus 3 girlfriends too! (although i did know some docs who had at least one).

Thank you & goodnight Anderson & Team 360 – glad you were on air when Amanda arrived.

Good night fellow writers – i wish you a safe & peaceful day tomorrow & always.

I think with this case & Troy Davis, we are learning a Lot about Justice & In-justice!

October 4, 2011 at 8:54 pm |
  6. Nina

Good Night Everyone. Have a wonderful evening and week

Thanks Anderson Cooper and Team 360 for another night of excellence!

October 4, 2011 at 8:53 pm |
  7. Lori - CA

Good night Anderson! Good night Everyone! Sweet dreams.

October 4, 2011 at 8:47 pm |
  8. Starr, formerly know as vincent

Clearly she seem overwhelmed. I would expect that after 4 yrs. of isolation in prison.

She has been through hell. I believe in her innocence, based upon the facts of the case. For anyone who followed the original case, the Italian prosecutor portrayed her as a sex vixen among so many other names & lablels. Facts were completely ignored.

I am hopeful she will do some kind of work related to what happended to her.

October 4, 2011 at 8:37 pm |
    • Nancy in Oregon

I hope for good works too. Not press conferences, talk shows, films, etc. There has to be something better to turn this whole tragedy into than a movie of the week (as much as I love Colin Firth!)

October 4, 2011 at 8:40 pm |
    • Chris

She has said that she wants to help others who are wrongly convicted. She has perhaps more strength than many of them do and would be a good resource for them.

October 4, 2011 at 8:45 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good point there, Starr......... the Italian prosecutor was very wrong thing to nail Amanda Knox who is very innocent girl didn't crime her ex-roommate Meredith K for sure!!!!!!!! :)

October 4, 2011 at 8:57 pm |
  9. vic , nashville ,tn

It’s true she in our soil God bless her

Good parents they never give up God bless them

October 4, 2011 at 8:37 pm |
    • Starr, formerly know as vincent

Right on vic!!

October 4, 2011 at 8:39 pm |
    • Nancy in Oregon

Good parents should not abandon their children....though that doesn't mean to defend their innocence if they are in fact not innocent. It means to me that they stay by their child's side, through thick and thin, go through whatever it is they are going through and love them. It does not mean denying what they did, in those cases where the child really did something bad or awful.

October 4, 2011 at 8:43 pm |
      • Chris

I think there will always be those who will feel she is guilty. There's probably never been a case where a decision was reversed where there were not those supporting the conviction. I think she has outstanding parents, two divorced parents who have come together for this. I don't think they are denying her guilt; I think they feel strongly that she is not guilty.

October 4, 2011 at 8:48 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I agree with you, Vic!!!! :) They never give her up fight her freedom since 4 years now. :)

October 4, 2011 at 8:45 pm |
  10. lisal -canada

i think that one of the most difficult, but admirable, traits to carry is to maintain one's grace and composure during stressful and difficult times

October 4, 2011 at 8:36 pm |
    • Starr, formerly know as vincent

Very well stated lisal!

October 4, 2011 at 8:57 pm |
  11. Lori - CA

Her mother must feel so wonderful at being able to hold her daughter's hand.

October 4, 2011 at 8:35 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Yes, She did held hand her daughter so tight each other again!!! :)

October 4, 2011 at 8:41 pm |
  12. Raj S Ram Dublin Ca

Prayers were answered !

Kids need to be careful when they travel abroad or for that matter anywhere.

It's like a family member come back!

welcome come home Amanda!

October 4, 2011 at 8:30 pm |
  13. lisal -canada

supporters, and those who are interested in the knox press conference, will wait, minute by minute, and stick around to watch and look and listen – i hope her transition back to real life goes smoothly

October 4, 2011 at 8:29 pm |
  14. Nina

I hope Amanda Knox is truly innocent and not released due to media and other pressures...

October 4, 2011 at 8:29 pm |
    • Sharon Hastings

Me too Nina. Don't know what to really think.

October 4, 2011 at 8:31 pm |
      • Nancy in Oregon

Ditto. It's all very unsettling and not altogether convincing for me, either direction. Meanwhile, one girl is very dead.

October 4, 2011 at 8:38 pm |
      • Chris

I think we should worry more about the Italian prosecutor and hope his mental problems are addressed if he stays in his position.

October 4, 2011 at 8:40 pm |
        • Starr, formerly know as vincent

I couldn't have said it better myself Chris. You are So right on the prosecutor who was Obssessed with Amanda.

October 4, 2011 at 8:44 pm |
        • Nancy in Oregon

Of course, both can be true at the same time. You can have flawed or even foul prosecutors and at the same time have flawed and even foul defendants. It isn't black hats and white hats.

October 4, 2011 at 8:44 pm |
          • Nina

Agreed Nancy

The mental health of the prosecutor has nothing to do with, whether Amanda is truly innocent. I hope she is, for her sake.

October 4, 2011 at 8:48 pm |
            • Chris

I think it has everything to do with her conviction. But we can agree to disagree on her innocence.

October 4, 2011 at 8:51 pm |
    • Chris

I guess we can question just about every acquittal. There's always someone on the other side who feels the defendant is guilty.

October 4, 2011 at 8:35 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good point Nina!!!!!

October 4, 2011 at 8:42 pm |
  15. Chris

Although Amanda needs quiet time without the press, again, I hope she does speak. She has had such loyal supporters in the community who have donated a lot of money. So just some words of thanks and that she's glad to be home would no doubt make them very happy.

October 4, 2011 at 8:28 pm |
  16. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

What????? I don't believe what house republicans want to invesagation against Attorney General Eric Holder, No! I don't think so!!!!!!! :(

October 4, 2011 at 8:24 pm |
  17. vic , nashville ,tn

ATF giving guns was stupid thing but I feel government knows that mean both party knows that they have to stop pointing fingers

October 4, 2011 at 8:23 pm |
  18. Chico

Nancy Grace thinks Amanda was there when Kercher was killed and egged on her boyfriend, she thinks shes as guilty as sin. What do you thing?

October 4, 2011 at 8:23 pm |
    • Chris

In all due respect, Nancy Grace doesn't seem to believe in innocent until proven guilty. I feel sorry for any innocent person who was ever prosecuted by her.

October 4, 2011 at 8:26 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Chico,
      They are right....... (Vic and Chris) They also have good point there!

October 4, 2011 at 8:36 pm |
  19. Nina

I wonder who will finally accept responsibility about the fast and furious program. Tragic giving Drug Lords dangerous weaponry which ended up killing Americans...

October 4, 2011 at 8:22 pm |
    • Starr, formerly know as vincent

Hi Nina. Unfortunately it looks like All involved (so far) are in the "pointing fingers" game.

I truly pray we Will know the truth behind this INANE plan.

October 4, 2011 at 8:27 pm |
      • Nina

Evening Starr

I agree! It would be nice to know the truth! Whew, made it here tonight

October 4, 2011 at 8:30 pm |
  20. Starr, formerly know as vincent

I heard it reported that earlier memos were seen, not Only Eric Holder, the Congressional committe received the Same memos!

This was simply an Inane plan, if there was a "plan" at all! All who participated should be held accountable!

October 4, 2011 at 8:18 pm |
    • Starr, formerly know as vincent

I don't trust Mr. Isa's explanation. It seems to me that they were ALL involved! It's now pointing fingers time.

October 4, 2011 at 8:21 pm |
      • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

That's so true..... I agree with you..... Mr. Issa is only not pay attention what he have finding about him as well!

October 4, 2011 at 8:29 pm |
  21. Nina

Good evening

October 4, 2011 at 8:14 pm |
  22. vic , nashville ,tn

Good evening every one I miss you all yesterday
    Gov. Chris Christi told “He can’t run this year” many times he told that so republicans must leave him alone

October 4, 2011 at 8:12 pm |
    • Starr, formerly know as vincent

Missed your commentary vic, glad you're with us tonight!

October 4, 2011 at 8:15 pm |
  23. Starr, formerly know as vincent

I do believe, based upon the description of her character, that she Will take the "high road".

I also believe that if she can't take backcontrol of her life from the Media, family & friends certainly will protect her.

I simply can't imagine how she must feel. So glad she is Home!

October 4, 2011 at 8:12 pm |
    • Nancy in Oregon

I really hope you're right about her character, Starr. I want very much to trust those of you who trust her. I can't feel it yet, but hope you are right.

October 4, 2011 at 8:19 pm |
      • Starr, formerly know as vincent

I think anyone who wants a barbecue for home coming is an undersated type of person.

I do believe she will feel responsible for the massive legal bills her family has incurred and will do what she can to ger that money back to them.

October 4, 2011 at 8:30 pm |
        • Nancy in Oregon

Why is this press conference going on? It looks horrible...

October 4, 2011 at 8:36 pm |
        • Nancy in Oregon

I hope you're right, Starr. I just so hope you are right...the alternative is awful.

October 4, 2011 at 8:37 pm |
  24. Mary Schuldt

I have watched this story with interest for a while now. I always thought the Italian prosecutor's premise of what happened was ridiculous and sounded like something out of a bad "B" movie. I would like to say, "Welcome Home, Amanda!" You have a wonderful support system and I hope you will be able to get back to a normal life soon.

October 4, 2011 at 8:12 pm |
  25. lisal -canada

i just keep thinking about all of the pent-up mixture of emotion that amanda knox must be now allowing herself to feel

October 4, 2011 at 8:12 pm |
  26. randy gray

i am very skeptical of her motive. i believe she is guilty of the crime of murder... her statements at the time of questioning and her later retraction of those same statements show less than honest dealings. i

October 4, 2011 at 8:09 pm |
    • Chris

It's difficult to know what we might say after 50 hours of questioning. Perhaps anything they want to hear.

October 4, 2011 at 8:10 pm |
      • Nancy in Oregon

I so hope I would not blame someone who was at work the whole time. I so hope I would not turn into that kind of person.

October 4, 2011 at 8:14 pm |
        • Chris

I'm just going to stick with innocent until proven guilty. There was no solid evidence to suggest guilt. The truth may never be known other than the fact that the person in prison now is guilty.

October 4, 2011 at 8:19 pm |
          • Nancy in Oregon

Someday one of them may say more, either accidentally or on purpose. Death bed confession, something. There may be no other way to know the extent of the sad tale.

October 4, 2011 at 8:49 pm |
            • Chris

Yes, true. But if there is no death bed confession, there will still be those who say she and her friend or guilty.

October 4, 2011 at 8:57 pm |
  27. Starr, formerly know as vincent

I Love Gov. Christie! And, if he runs for President in the future i would seriously consider voting for him.

In the meantime, it appears the Rep. party is Not happy with the field that they have,. However, i don't think anyone else waiting "in the wings", so this field is it!

I bet Romney will be the ultimate Leader – but much of the Rep. "base" & Tea Party Do Not like him! This will be a test of the Tea Party power for sure.

October 4, 2011 at 8:08 pm |
    • Chris

I think evangelicals specifically more than tea party members are not supporting him for obvious reasons.

October 4, 2011 at 8:12 pm |
      • Sharon Hastings

Romney–yawn. The poor Republicans. They have a real chance to get in but have no compelling candidate.

October 4, 2011 at 8:15 pm |
        • Chris

I think, like all parties, the Republicans will very much support their candidate. If you recall, very, very loyal strong supporters of Hillary ultimately gave their vote to Obama.

October 4, 2011 at 8:21 pm |
          • Sharon Hastings

True. In the end you do what you have to do for the party to prevail.

October 4, 2011 at 8:47 pm |
  28. Mary

Glad she is home. Hope she can eventually get on with her life. Four years in jail, then found innocent...just seems so unfair. Is there some kind of payment she could be entitled to for being wrongly imprisoned?
    Anderson and everyone who works with him produce a fantasic show.

October 4, 2011 at 8:08 pm |
  29. Nancy in Oregon

I hope Knox takes the high road (not the high life) and also just settles into her private life for awhile...and lets the Kercher family get used to the whole reality, too. They, of course, go home without their daughter.

October 4, 2011 at 8:05 pm |
  30. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good Evening Everyone! Greetings!

October 4, 2011 at 8:05 pm |
  31. Dawn VanEve

Welcome home Amanda. I can only imagine the strangeness but happiness to be home again. I hope you adjust well and feel calm quickly. Best wishes to you and your family. Peace to all. ~Dawn

October 4, 2011 at 8:05 pm |
  32. Sharon Hastings

Good for Chris Christie. If he's not ready he shouldn't run. He is committed to serving N.J. as he was elected to do (unlike some other politician who walked out on her state).

October 4, 2011 at 8:05 pm |
    • Nancy in Oregon

Exactly! I feel the same way!

October 4, 2011 at 8:13 pm |
  33. Lilibeth

Welcome home, Amanda! We are so happy you are free and back in Seattle! Best of luck to you!

Lilibeth
    Edmonds, Washington

October 4, 2011 at 8:04 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Hi Lilibeth.....
      Welcome back again, I agree with you.....She made it already arrive now!!!! :)

October 4, 2011 at 8:13 pm |
  34. Starr, formerly know as vincent

Evening Anderson & Team 360 – going to be a busy show tonight!

Hello sound off friends!

God bless Amanda Knox (& her boyfriend). So glad to see her coming home!!

I would Not be surprised if she did Not speak. I know if i were in her position, "culture shock" alone, would keep me silentl. I hope the press will give her time & space to recover & regain her life!

October 4, 2011 at 8:04 pm |
    • Sharon Hastings

Yes I agree. She needs time to decompress. Her father said she has no idea of the media coverage she has been getting here.

October 4, 2011 at 8:07 pm |
      • Nancy in Oregon

I suspect they all really need to decompress, honestly...everyone involved (who is alive to do so.) Not go for the movie of the week stuff and try to cash in by hitting seven talk shows in seven hours. How she proceeds now will really say a lot, I think.

October 4, 2011 at 8:10 pm |
    • Nancy in Oregon

I hope she does just take it, Starr. Doesn't wait for the media and pop culture to give it to her. It's up to her whether she responds or not, I think, and I so hope that for everyone's sake (in all the families' cases) she just takes a discreet path for awhile and lets herself and everyone else settle down.

October 4, 2011 at 8:08 pm |
    • vic , nashville ,tn

I agree with you
      Yesterday I was watching Breaking news around 2:56 Pm CT I don’t know why I was so happy it was great moment

October 4, 2011 at 8:15 pm |
    • Chris

I hope and feel she will take her time as to what she wants to do, with whom she wants to speak, what she wants to write etc. But I think it would be unrealistic to think she will do nothing. Her family, including $250,000 from her grandmother, are basically bankrupt from this. Most likely she will want to return a great deal of money to them.

October 4, 2011 at 8:16 pm |
      • Sharon Hastings

Donald Trump and others helped them.

October 4, 2011 at 8:51 pm |
        • Chris

True; many outside the family helped her which is why I was hoping she would speak. Many who helped, such as Trump, haven't gone basically bankrupt by doing so like her family.

October 4, 2011 at 8:54 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Starr,
      Good point....If Amanda would have speak or not during conference, I think she will talk short her comment, That's all what they told me as well.

October 4, 2011 at 8:17 pm |
  35. Chris

Hello everyone. I hope Amanda does speak.

October 4, 2011 at 8:02 pm |
  36. Pam

So happy she is coming home!! She will be where she belongs tonight!!!

October 4, 2011 at 8:02 pm |
  37. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Hellooooo everyone and Anderson!!!!
    Thanks for coming in for join us tonight! :D
    Happy Tuesday night!!!
    Welcome back home Amanda Knox in my hometown Seattle!!!!!! Yay!!!!!! :) I am so thrilled for her be freed!!!!!!

October 4, 2011 at 8:01 pm |
  38. Lori - CA

Hi Anderson! Hi Everyone! Good evening.

October 4, 2011 at 8:01 pm |
  39. Sharon Hastings

Good evening everyone. Lots of news today. Lots of politics. Amanda Knox is certainly getting alot of global news coverage.

October 4, 2011 at 8:01 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Sharon,
      Yes!!!!!!! Lot of medias from the world too!!!!! They will not chase her eventually........ :)

October 4, 2011 at 8:05 pm |
  40. Nancy in Oregon

Good evening, people. (Believe it or not, I made it home in time tonight!)

October 4, 2011 at 8:01 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

You got be time exactly!!!!! :)

October 4, 2011 at 8:02 pm |
    • Starr, formerly know as vincent

Great! Good to see you made it tonight!

October 4, 2011 at 8:05 pm |