AC360 Wednesday 8p

Investigators are analyzing data from the Bluefin-21. The latest on the search for Flight 370 live on AC360.
Amanda Knox Released from Italian Prison: Join the Live Chat
October 3rd, 2011

Amanda Knox Released from Italian Prison: Join the Live Chat

An Italian jury has cleared Seattle-native Amanda Knox of murder. Knox is free from prison tonight. She's back with her family and making plans to return to the United States within hours. But to some there's no justice for Knox's murdered roommate Meredith Kercher. We'll have all the breaking news developments in the case. Plus, here at home, the ER doctor who declared Michael Jackson dead testified in the involuntary manslaughter trial of Dr. Conrad Murray's today. And, the restaurant battle between Hooters and Twin Peaks lands on our RidicuList.

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Starr, formerly know as vincent

Hooters cannot steal breasts....LOL on the floor Anderson – your're commentary is superb!

October 3, 2011 at 8:59 pm |
  2. Janis

With a name like Hooters, they'll never avoid all the mockery now and ever.

Good night everyone. Peaceful evening to all.

October 3, 2011 at 8:59 pm |
  3. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good night Anderson, everyone and my friends!!!!!!!
    See you tomorrow night, Have a great night & Sleep tight everyone!!!
    That's so silly I like ridiculist the restaurant battle between Hooters and Twin Peaks lands, LOL! So funny Anderson, Thanks Anderson!!!! I agree with you, I love his funny expression face!!!!!! LOL!!! He is right! :)
    Anderson,
    Have a great night & good sleep at home after work!!!
    See you tomorrow night!!! Just a plenty sleep at home!

October 3, 2011 at 8:58 pm |
  4. Sharon Hastings

Good night everyone. Great show. I thought Hooters name itself was their trade secret.

October 3, 2011 at 8:58 pm |
  5. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good Night Everyone! "There is a horse somewhere without its tail!"

October 3, 2011 at 8:58 pm |
  6. Lori - CA

Good night Anderson. Sweet dreams. Good night everyone!

October 3, 2011 at 8:57 pm |
  7. Starr, formerly know as vincent

Thank you & good night Anderson & Team 360 – good show – time flew by!

Good night fellow writers, great conversation as always. I wish you all a peaceful and safe day tomorrow.

Can't wait for the Ridiculist!

AC, pleast stop picking on Isha's accent – she can't help it.

October 3, 2011 at 8:55 pm |
  8. lisal -canada

could one safely assume that the hooters gals would have a harder time being over-covered??

October 3, 2011 at 8:55 pm |
  9. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

LOL!!!!! Wow!!!!! Lot of parade bikini ladies, Very funny Isha and Anderson!!! :) Boy, Anderson is so blushing red his face!!!! ;)

October 3, 2011 at 8:55 pm |
  10. Sharon Hastings

I don't think we'll ever have all the facts on what happened the day MJ died.

October 3, 2011 at 8:54 pm |
    • Starr, formerly know as vincent

Sad, but true Sharon – i agree with you.

October 3, 2011 at 8:57 pm |
  11. Starr, formerly know as vincent

Dr. Murray did not handle the medical situation in a professional way At All!

I am suspicious of the 8 Ativan found in MJ's stomach! I feel he had to have taken those himself!

None the less, Dr. Murray's response was entirely inadequate!

October 3, 2011 at 8:53 pm |
    • Sharon Hastings

8 Ativan! Can you imagine? Despite what must have been a terrific tolerance for these medicines, he just finally tipped over the edge with too much of everything.

October 3, 2011 at 8:57 pm |
  12. Lori - CA

How could he leave Michael Jackson alone in that condition?

October 3, 2011 at 8:52 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Never have leave alone, Lori!!!!!!! :(

October 3, 2011 at 9:00 pm |
  13. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

They should lock him up and throw away the key!

October 3, 2011 at 8:51 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Right on, I agree with you........ He should have to gone jail for good!

October 3, 2011 at 8:58 pm |
  14. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

That will be hard for Michael Jackson's family to hear what she told him about not mention propofol!!!!! That's so sad case of Michael Jackson death......... :(

October 3, 2011 at 8:50 pm |
  15. kaytee

I don't think anyone is questioning whether or not Rick Perry is a racist (at least I'm not), but does he belong to a "good ole boys" club where that type of thing is just normal business. That type of person is not who I would want to represent the country.

October 3, 2011 at 8:46 pm |
    • Lori - CA

If it were not a good ol' boys position, we would have had a woman president long ago......

October 3, 2011 at 8:50 pm |
      • Kaytee

Not talking about that type of "boys club", I'm talking about the type of good ole boys you find on back roads in the deep south.

October 3, 2011 at 8:55 pm |
  16. Sharon Hastings

We haven't heard the last of negative attacks on a candidate in this race. I expect before it's over, it will be very nasty. This is one of the things I don't like about politics and running for office. I bet most people don't want to hear this stuff. It can actually backfire if people think it's serious dirty tricks. How about choosing a candidate on the merits of their platorm and whether they have the experience and the knowledge to be a good president.

October 3, 2011 at 8:45 pm |
    • Starr, formerly know as vincent

Weel said Sharon!

October 3, 2011 at 8:50 pm |
    • Nancy in Oregon

I'm afraid 'raw meat' is what a huge portion of the public likes, Sharon. It must be, or candidates wouldn't put it out for consumption. They know the majority of their audience, I guess. Not nearly enough people respond to what you respond to. I have sadly got very little faith in that part of the process.

October 3, 2011 at 8:51 pm |
  17. Lori - CA

Why would anyone name a ranch that name in the first place anyway. Who did that?

October 3, 2011 at 8:43 pm |
  18. Starr, formerly know as vincent

Wow, what a name for a camp!!

However, if the sign was painted over when Mr. Perry and his family used the camp, then he should Not be accused of being "insensitive".

October 3, 2011 at 8:42 pm |
    • Chris

I agree. This is really being overblown.

October 3, 2011 at 8:45 pm |
    • kaytee

I think that is what is in question, just how long did they pass by the sign before actually painting over it.

October 3, 2011 at 8:47 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I agree with you, Starr.

October 3, 2011 at 8:51 pm |
  19. molly

I wouldn't rent something with that name even if I wanted to hunt!

October 3, 2011 at 8:41 pm |
  20. Lori - CA

They really should be focusing on their plans for making America better.

October 3, 2011 at 8:40 pm |
  21. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

BTW,
    I also forget mention that Anderson and Isha talking funny word......... "sch"edule but actually say "sk"edule" LOL!!!!! :)
    Very funny my favorite anchors Isha and Anderson so cute together again!

October 3, 2011 at 8:40 pm |
  22. lisal -canada

it is an offensive word and has always been. 40 years ago it was used to hurt and insult a dear friend of mine – sad these issues are still with us so many years later

October 3, 2011 at 8:39 pm |
  23. molly

Sorry, that name was offensive prior to 1984.

October 3, 2011 at 8:39 pm |
  24. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Like Cain doesn't play the "race card!"

October 3, 2011 at 8:38 pm |
  25. Lori - CA

1983 or '84 is a long time ago.....

October 3, 2011 at 8:38 pm |
  26. Janis

How big is the rock? Just bury the thing – literally bury it in the ground. Done and gone.

October 3, 2011 at 8:37 pm |
  27. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Like he does play the "race card."

October 3, 2011 at 8:37 pm |
  28. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Wow!!!! *Whew!* That's so scary chemical plant in Texas......

Isha and Anderson......
    Very funny...... I love that you were talking "Tallyo" or funny word!!!!!

I don't believe my eyes the shot of deaf who hears so great, she was so crying, You know I am also deaf too!!!!!! :)

October 3, 2011 at 8:37 pm |
  29. Janis

Isha and Anderson are so cute. My favorite is telly instead of TV. Oh wait, nappies instead of diapers – that's a good one too.

October 3, 2011 at 8:33 pm |
  30. lisal -canada

I prefer to say "sch"edule but actually say "sk"edule more cause sometimes people comment on it. Silly, huh.

October 3, 2011 at 8:33 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

True,
      I was too...... I was baby talk actually say "sk"edule too..... LOL!!!! :)

October 3, 2011 at 8:44 pm |
    • Starr, formerly know as vincent

You're so right lisal – the English (&others) have many words (Ex: Aluminum) that are pronounced differently – the whole isssie IS "silly".

October 3, 2011 at 8:48 pm |
  31. Sharon Hastings

The DNA explanations relative to this case have been very informative. I never considered how easily it would be to cross contaminate at a crime scene. As they pick up items at a scene, even though they wear gloves, they can contaminate that object with what they picked up right before. Even if you use a tool of some kind to pick up an object, if you use that tool again to pick up something else, you have DNA from that previous object on the tool.

October 3, 2011 at 8:29 pm |
  32. Bill Abbott, San Luis Obispo, Calfiornia

I sat alone in my kitchen and applauded when I saw the verdict by the Italian court–finally Amanda Knox got the justice she should have gotten from the very beginning. Not only was it obvious looking at the evidence available, but there were just no grounds for the conviction. Now her family and supporters can return to their normal lives after such a long, long nightmare. Must also say, good job Italian justice for being able to correct this wrong...

October 3, 2011 at 8:27 pm |
  33. Connie

Good evening! I'm so happy Amanda and Raffaele have been freed. It's so obvious Rudy Guede commited this crime. I don't understand how the suffering Kercher family don't see that. They should be angry with the original prosecutor Mignini for not getting justice for Marilyn in the beginning. Marilyn is not forgotten, because of the injustice done to Amanda and Raffaele, her life is being remembered.

October 3, 2011 at 8:25 pm |
    • Nancy in Oregon

I hope her life is being remembered, I really do. Once again, the victim seems so lost in the shuffle. I hope I am never one, as almost all the attention (and often the public sympathies) are focused on the accused persons. It must say something about society.

October 3, 2011 at 8:38 pm |
  34. Starr, formerly know as vincent

The Italian prosecutor should be held to account for his remarkable mis-management of this case.

God bless the family of the murdered young woman. I believe that the man who "made a deal" is likely the true culprit in this case (possibly someone else too). This man needs to be closely investigated!

The "Italian Prosecutor" should be held accountable for misleading the family of the young woman who was so brutally raped & murdered!

October 3, 2011 at 8:25 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

That's right, Starr..... He is not supposed to nail Amanda Knox instead real killer, That's point is he will pay what he have damage to her and her boyfriend as well.

October 3, 2011 at 8:29 pm |
    • Nancy in Oregon

Not having followed these details, and still not wanting to hear all the horrors, do you know why, Starr, Knox was even put in the same place at the same time, to start with? I mean, she wasn't picked out of a phone book, I presume, so how did her name pop up on the radar to start with, as opposed to someone else? (Trying to brush up on it, belatedly.)

October 3, 2011 at 8:34 pm |
  35. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

I am so sorry for the family loss. May the family find comfort in her memory.

October 3, 2011 at 8:23 pm |
  36. Nancy in Oregon

Good evening, people. I have not followed the (gruesome) details of the case so don't really have an opinion. I know I don't judge by how the defendant looks, acts, or talks. Too much lawyer coaching of theatrics there for my taste, to trust it! I would have to rely on evidence. And as I said, it was not the kind of stuff I wanted to read much about.

October 3, 2011 at 8:21 pm |
  37. Janis

I am so sorry for Meridith Kercher's family. They have been living a 4 year nightmare.

October 3, 2011 at 8:21 pm |
    • Starr, formerly know as vincent

Janis, i completly agree with you!

This poor family has been seriously "mis-lead" by the Italian prosecutor, who in my mind, should be held to account for his obssesive fixation on Amanda & her boyfriend!

God bless the Kercchner family. I hope they can find Justice & peace!

October 3, 2011 at 8:30 pm |
      • Nancy in Oregon

That poor family. That poor girl. Very few stories and photos are about any of them. TV movies, doubtless, will follow the same route now.

October 3, 2011 at 8:39 pm |
  38. Starr, formerly know as vincent

Evening Anderson & Team 360.

Hello sound off Friends~!

Hurry for Amanda Knox & her boyfriend, her family, friends, everyone! Inlight of the evidence ( or lack of it) Justice appears to have Won out!

I also praise Italy's legal system for allowing for a re-hearing of the case!! I believe they have the real killer in jail already! – He should get many more yrs. on his sentence!!

Great panel discussion!

October 3, 2011 at 8:16 pm |
    • Starr, formerly know as vincent

I meant Hurray!

October 3, 2011 at 8:17 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good point there, Starr....... I am glad too.

October 3, 2011 at 8:25 pm |
  39. lisal -canada

evening. in cases like the knox trial and appeal, and so many others, one always hopes that justice truly is the outcome

October 3, 2011 at 8:16 pm |
  40. Janis

Thanks Innocence Project! DNA evidence was non existant. She should be free.

October 3, 2011 at 8:14 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

That's right, Janis...... Thank you DNA project innocent!!!!!!! :)

October 3, 2011 at 8:19 pm |
  41. Glenn

I see you mock the Italian law system on TV, what would have happened if she was convicted in a US court with death penalty. And you found out 4 years after, she is not guilty. How are you gone give her life back.
    So many European court are different to the US, but at least we dont practice death penalty.

Glad he nightmare are over, and i wish her all the luck in the future.

October 3, 2011 at 8:13 pm |
    • Chris

Good point. We are one of a few that still have death penalty.

October 3, 2011 at 8:19 pm |
    • Starr, formerly know as vincent

Glenn, very good point re: death penalty!

October 3, 2011 at 8:21 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good point, Glenn..... That's why they would have prevent pentaly death including Troy Davis.....

October 3, 2011 at 8:24 pm |
  42. Chris

Good evening everyone. I am glad for Amanda Knox as there just didn't seem to be any real evidence.

October 3, 2011 at 8:10 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I agree, Chris..... Me too.... :)

October 3, 2011 at 8:17 pm |
  43. Lori-CA

Hi Anderson. Hi Everyone.

October 3, 2011 at 8:08 pm |
  44. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Hellooooo everyone and Anderson!!!!
    Thanks for coming in for join us tonight! :D
    Hope you have great weekend! :)
    Happy Monday night!!!
    Yes!!!!!! I am so glad that justice saw the truth of Amanda Knox freed now, she will come home tomorrow in my hometown!!!!!! Yipppppppppeee!!!!!! :)

October 3, 2011 at 8:04 pm |
  45. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

She should run home!

October 3, 2011 at 8:03 pm |
  46. Sharon Hastings

Good evening everyone. Been traveling and missed the blog. I am happy Amanda Knox has been released. The evidence was not there and she deserves the benefit of the doubt. So many here were so supportive and believed in her innocense but there in Italy there was alot of protest of the reversal. So happy for her family.

October 3, 2011 at 8:02 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Yes, I agree....She was not there this crime. I knew it!!!!!!! procustion made lots of their mistakes!!!!! :)

October 3, 2011 at 8:08 pm |
  47. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good Evening Everyone! Greetings!

October 3, 2011 at 8:00 pm |