American Accused of Bomb Plot Using Model Airplanes: Join the Live Chat
Rezwan Ferdaus was charged in a plot to bomb the Pentagon and Capitol using a remote-controlled model airplane like this one.
September 28th, 2011

American Accused of Bomb Plot Using Model Airplanes: Join the Live Chat

We have breaking news on a terror plot. An American man is accused of planning to use model airplanes filled with C-4 plastic explosives and flying them into the Pentagon and U.S. Capitol. Plus, the latest developments in the trial of Michael Jackson's former doctor and much more.

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Janis

Goodnight everyone.

Have a safe and happy evening.

September 28, 2011 at 9:00 pm |
  2. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good Night Everyone! See, it happen to the best of us!

September 28, 2011 at 9:00 pm |
  3. lisal -canada

saw all the DWTS headlines – kind of like her dress – feel kind of bad for her tho

September 28, 2011 at 8:59 pm |
  4. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Did you all hear the ring bell before the Ridiculist?

September 28, 2011 at 8:59 pm |
  5. Nina

Good Night Anderson, Team 360 and other bloggers

Have a wonderful evening and week

Oh, Anderson, Love the Ridiculist. You always have me laughing... Nice send off...

September 28, 2011 at 8:59 pm |
  6. Ken in Las Vegas

My problem with this trail is , where was the family in this whole soap opera. Where they so out of touch with each other that NONE of them could see that he had a massive problem. They all sit back and cry that Conrad Murray murdered poor Michael, when it was their lack of action that killed him.

September 28, 2011 at 8:58 pm |
  7. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

I guess Janet must be saying, "See, it's not so easy, isn't it!"

September 28, 2011 at 8:55 pm |
  8. Starr, formerly know as vincent

Guess Palin won't be running for Pres., she has a law suit to pursue.

Thank you and good night Anderson & Team 360.

Good night fellow writers, have a safe & peaceful day tomorrow.

Nancy Grace on the Ridiculist? I did hear something about a "wardrobe" failure the other night, but don't know details. I know Anderson will straighten it out for us (smile).

September 28, 2011 at 8:55 pm |
  9. Janis

How embarrassing for Nancy Grace and the network. Everybody needs one of those nude type bodysuits when they're diving in and out of dance moves, if you ask me. You can't even see them on most of these shows.
    Anyway, poor Nancy.

September 28, 2011 at 8:55 pm |
  10. kaytee

Please. I don't have to read the book to know that most of that stuff about her personality is probably true.

September 28, 2011 at 8:54 pm |
  11. Paula, Colorado

Haven't been watching Dancing With the Stars–sounds like a good Ridiculist tonight.

September 28, 2011 at 8:52 pm |
  12. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Even, I know that Jackson did not administrate himself the fatal dose of drug.

September 28, 2011 at 8:50 pm |
  13. Starr, formerly know as vincent

To have 8 Ativan in his stomach is pretty outrageous. And, if the Dr. left Diprivan anywhere that Michal could reach it, that would be pure Negligence!

I've known addicts who thought they were "invincable" re: drugs – 2 of them are dead of overdoeses.

Just the fact that the Dr. did Not call 911 makes everything the Dr. did negligent.

September 28, 2011 at 8:45 pm |
  14. Nina

Being as high as Jackson was on that drug, it would be impossible for him to find the small port on his leg and inject the drug. This is just outrageous! Even heavy drug addicts cannot find a vein when they are that high. Lets get real!

September 28, 2011 at 8:45 pm |
    • Starr, formerly know as vincent

High or not, i would never under estimate what they can do. A "port" is large enough to see and get meds into if you are determined.

September 28, 2011 at 8:49 pm |
      • Nina

A port is under the skin and you have to squeeze it just a certain way to insert a needle. I know because I have one in my chest. It is very difficult to get the needle in and it has to be injected at a specific angle.

September 28, 2011 at 8:54 pm |
        • Starr, formerly know as vincent

No disrepect intended Nina. As an RN, there are several different kinds of ports. Perhaps i was mistaken.

September 28, 2011 at 8:58 pm |
      • Chris

I agree and especially if that is something he had done many times.

September 28, 2011 at 8:56 pm |
  15. Paula, Colorado

It seems Dr. Murray didn't expect Michael Jackson's death, but, unfortunately, does share great responsibility for it.

September 28, 2011 at 8:42 pm |
  16. Janis

Sarah Palin is out and about again. This time, with a lawsuit in her purse – omg

September 28, 2011 at 8:40 pm |
  17. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Wow, I'm hurting will sadness all over again. I wish the Jacksons family well!

September 28, 2011 at 8:40 pm |
  18. Stanley

The G.O.P. (Good Old Party) will do what ever it takes to make sure that President Obama does not get re elected. American people should be outraged at their tatics. They are definately the party of NO, and who in the hell voted bannerd president? Who ever votes for the Republicans to govern this country, should not say a dam thing when we really go under as a country. Racism is alive and well in the white house and that's pretty easy to see, hell even Ray Charles and Steve Wonder can see that!! Just because a man is not the same color as the good old boys are, doesn't mean you ruin the country and not work with that President. When are the Good Old Boys going to stop with the childish tatics!!

September 28, 2011 at 8:39 pm |
  19. Nina

A MD requesting a NON MD to conduct CPR? Sounds like a tragic movie. I cannot imagine anyone being so inept!

September 28, 2011 at 8:35 pm |
    • Nancy in Oregon

Inept or a case of stage fright, maybe? He knew with whom he was dealing...and there the guy is, dead.

September 28, 2011 at 8:37 pm |
      • Nina

I don't believe that for a second. MDs are trained for so long, that they go into "robotic" mode in crisis.

September 28, 2011 at 8:47 pm |
  20. Janis

I think if Obama really stuck to an intense stance on raising taxes on the super rich. People are feeling like somebody needs to pay for this hellish economic mess. They want those who benefited most to pay for their greed. Sounds horrible, but if he want's to get down and dirty, that would probably do it.

September 28, 2011 at 8:34 pm |
  21. Nina

Dr. Murray innocent? You’ve gotta be kidding me. He was the MD in charge. He administered a known dangerous drug out of the hospital setting and then he did not have the correct monitoring equipment and left the room. OMG. It is impossible for Michael Jackson to administer the fatal dose of that drug to himself. He was already heavily drugged.

September 28, 2011 at 8:33 pm |
    • vic , nashville ,tn

Dr. Murray innocent may be may be not
      But he may try to hide Jackson's personal life and got trapped

September 28, 2011 at 8:39 pm |
    • Nancy in Oregon

I still call it a 'wash', myself....MJ was no naive teen. He flirted with self-destruction (and got it) and the doctor flirted with a dangerous client for his money. I call them both equally responsible. It isn't like Jackson was 10 years old anymore. He was a grown man with children. He made those choices.

September 28, 2011 at 8:39 pm |
      • Nina

This has nothing to do with Jackson's naivety. This is about the protocol for MDs. Akin to have a cardiologist not know how to restart your heart!

September 28, 2011 at 8:50 pm |
      • Starr, formerly know as vincent

Good point Nancy, i agree.

September 28, 2011 at 8:52 pm |
  22. vic , nashville ,tn

I wish we have third party

September 28, 2011 at 8:31 pm |
    • Starr, formerly know as vincent

I do too Vic. The majority of the country seems centrist.

Imagine a party that could work respectfully with others and get Something Done!

September 28, 2011 at 8:38 pm |
      • vic , nashville ,tn

Voter’s choices are limited because of two party system

September 28, 2011 at 8:41 pm |
        • Janis

In addition, I wish we determined presidential elections by popular vote rather than electoral college.

September 28, 2011 at 8:52 pm |
  23. Paula, Colorado

Good voter-discussion, Anderson.

September 28, 2011 at 8:30 pm |
  24. lisal -canada

begala makes sense – there is compromise, and then there's throwing yourself under the bus

September 28, 2011 at 8:29 pm |
    • vic , nashville ,tn

I agree
      After Obama extend Bush Tax cut My prayer is Hillary Clinton run for office

September 28, 2011 at 8:35 pm |
      • Chris

Do you not worry at all about the excessive spending?

September 28, 2011 at 8:42 pm |
        • vic , nashville ,tn

I do worry about excessive spending form 2002
          You miss the main part people getting benefit from Bush tax cut get benefit from excessive spending so they make double (example subcontractors who got work from Iraq)

September 28, 2011 at 8:48 pm |
          • Chris

That's corporate taxes; I thought you were talking about personal income taxes.

September 28, 2011 at 8:52 pm |
            • vic , nashville ,tn

After you removed all tax loopholes when every thing will be plane simple you will find out all will go to one pocket

September 28, 2011 at 8:59 pm |
  25. Starr, formerly know as vincent

Sometimes it looks to me that Pres. Obama likes campaigning More than governing.

And, so far, the Republican field lacks a real leader (in my opinion).

I am an Independent and am not excited about Anyone yet (including my Sens & Rep);.

September 28, 2011 at 8:28 pm |
  26. Nancy in Oregon

Good evening, everyone. (The new time is harder for me, after work, etc.) I'm catching up with the discussion!

September 28, 2011 at 8:28 pm |
  27. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Everybody is fighting to keep one's head above political water!

September 28, 2011 at 8:27 pm |
  28. Janis

Obama is going to have a tough time. With Congress acting like a petulant child and an economy that stuck in the doldrums, he's got a long, hard, haul to win the election. It has all started early, GOP want to wear him down.

Unless, I see somebody better than what I have seen from the GOP, I will stick with him. At least I know he has some sympathy for the middle class.

September 28, 2011 at 8:26 pm |
    • Nancy in Oregon

That's huge, isn't it? To have true feeling for the 'little folks'.

September 28, 2011 at 8:29 pm |
    • Starr, formerly know as vincent

Your post is well taken Janis.

However, i seem to go up and down with Pres. Obama. But you are also right about the Rep. field – nothing there for me so far.

September 28, 2011 at 8:32 pm |
  29. Kaytee

Exactly. Ask the same people who are not satisfied if they would vote for the republican and I bet Obama still has a narrow lead. As matter of fact there are polls that say that. Most that are not satisfied are upset that this president is not left leaning enough. Can't imagine that they would suddenly vote for the extreme right!

September 28, 2011 at 8:25 pm |
  30. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

No, this ship really is unsinkable!

September 28, 2011 at 8:24 pm |
    • Nina

I hope so!

September 28, 2011 at 8:26 pm |
  31. vic , nashville ,tn

“President has path to victory here” he is right because GOP side lack of leaders

September 28, 2011 at 8:24 pm |
  32. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

No John, we are going to keep the country "True Blue!"

September 28, 2011 at 8:22 pm |
  33. vic , nashville ,tn

Good evening every one
    What a amazing stories I couldn’t take my eyes from TV for 16 min

September 28, 2011 at 8:19 pm |
  34. Mary

Call me Naive, but I miss the "bubble world" I grew up in that wars and terrorism doesn't happen on American soil. No matter how old I get , these incidents are always going to scare the hell out of me...

September 28, 2011 at 8:18 pm |
  35. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

"Money is the ruler of all evil!" No truer words have been spoken.

September 28, 2011 at 8:17 pm |
  36. Starr, formerly know as vincent

The mexican gangs have NO consience about killing people!

I don't blame this sheriff for feeling "betrayed". As he said, he and his dept. don't even have the caliber of weapons that the Mexicans.

Whole "plan" needs some seriously looking into!

September 28, 2011 at 8:17 pm |
    • Nina

That is correct Starr. They are "true psychopaths" I wonder what is happening in our society to breed so many psychopaths these days?

September 28, 2011 at 8:21 pm |
    • Nancy in Oregon

I think they need to be met with greater force than heretofore. The gangs and drug lords should probably be treated more like Sadam instead of like a neighborhood nuisance thug.

September 28, 2011 at 8:32 pm |
  37. Janis

I can understand why the Mexican border states are angry with US government over this. They are having terrible problems and the US gov't is making it harder for them.

September 28, 2011 at 8:15 pm |
  38. lisal -canada

that whole arms deal, and the unidentified fbi agent, sounds like a plotline. even the name of the operation. is this art imitating life, or life imitating art. the lines seem so crossed in this situation.

September 28, 2011 at 8:13 pm |
  39. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

I wish them well with that!

September 28, 2011 at 8:13 pm |
  40. Nina

What a blunder by the ATF. Allowing the AK47s across the border and in the hands of the drug lords... :~(

September 28, 2011 at 8:10 pm |
    • Starr, formerly know as vincent

I agree Nina.

Wow, the plan sounds completly convoluted – as Drew says "makes no sense". Great reporting by Drew G.

September 28, 2011 at 8:13 pm |
      • Nina

I consider their actions really stupid. I wonder how many Americans will be killed with the weapons the ATF lost to drug lords? At least they should have had some tracking device on the weapons and make something wrong with them just after you fire them a couple of times if you want to enter the drug ring in order to make those arrests

September 28, 2011 at 8:18 pm |
      • Nina

They should have sold them the original M16s that used to over heat and jam all the time.

September 28, 2011 at 8:19 pm |
  41. Starr, formerly know as vincent

Evening Anderson & Team 360.

Hello blogger friends!

Boy, they were'nt kidding when the intelligence agencies requested members with "imagination", given this model plane plot!

September 28, 2011 at 8:10 pm |
  42. Janis

This the story where the ATF was trying to use covert gun sales as a means of tracing them to some sort of higher up in drug cartels. That didn't seem real smart to me. That was a blunder on the US gov't part.

September 28, 2011 at 8:08 pm |
  43. Paula, Colorado

Anderson,
    Hi! it's great to see you on.
    –Disturbing, strange terror plot.

September 28, 2011 at 8:04 pm |
  44. Janis

Hello AC360 Live Bloggers.

It looks like the model airplane plotter was trying to copy some sort of drone technology. I don't see how the planes could fly and be controllable with the extra weight of explosives. These terrorists are sure thinking hard about how to do damage.
    Chilling.

September 28, 2011 at 8:03 pm |
  45. Nina

It makes you wonder what they will create next! I guess we have become like the rest of the world. There is really no safe place any more

September 28, 2011 at 8:03 pm |
  46. Nina

Good evening everyone

Amazing and scary how creative these individuals are

September 28, 2011 at 8:01 pm |
  47. Lori - CA

Hi Anderson. Hi Everyone. Good evening.

September 28, 2011 at 8:01 pm |
  48. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good Evening Everyone! Greetings!

September 28, 2011 at 8:00 pm |