Troy Davis: Join the Live Chat
September 21st, 2011

Troy Davis: Join the Live Chat

Troy Davis was set to be executed on Wednesday at 7p for the 1989 murder of police officer Mark MacPhail. Supporters of Davis say he was wrongly convicted. Macphail’s mother maintains Davis’ guilt. We’ll hear from her tonight. Weigh in below...

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Janis

Let's hope they have rubber bullets.

September 21, 2011 at 8:58 pm |
  2. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good Night Everyone! Hope everything goes well with all of the families with discussed this evening!

September 21, 2011 at 8:58 pm |
  3. Lori - CA

Good night Anderson. Sweet dreams. Good night Everyone!

September 21, 2011 at 8:57 pm |
  4. Janis

Good night everyone. Very intense show tonight. I'll keep watching and hoping.

Have a safe evening.

September 21, 2011 at 8:57 pm |
  5. Nina

Good Night everyone

Have a wonderful evening and week

Thanks Anderson and CNN staff for an informative and balanced show

September 21, 2011 at 8:57 pm |
  6. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good night Anderson, everyone and my friends!!!!!!!
    See you tomorrow night, Have a great night & Sleep tight everyone!!!
    Anderson,
    Have a great night & good sleep at home after work!!!
    See you tomorrow night!!! Just a plenty sleep at home!

September 21, 2011 at 8:56 pm |
  7. Paula, Colorado

So glad the hikers were finally released.

September 21, 2011 at 8:56 pm |
  8. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Yay!!!!!! Finally men hikes freed!!!!!!! I am so exciting for them and their family too!!!! 🙂

September 21, 2011 at 8:55 pm |
  9. Janis

It sure looks like they are preparing for the worst. I hope the Supreme Court can find something inhumane about what has gone on and find a way to stop it.

September 21, 2011 at 8:53 pm |
  10. Paula, Colorado

Too tragic a price to pay for the boy to get his message across.

September 21, 2011 at 8:50 pm |
  11. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

My heart goes to Jamey Rodemeyer's family lost one dear...... That was breaking heart for me to hear this, I pledge to stop bullying other people as well.

September 21, 2011 at 8:49 pm |
    • Nina

Mine too, Megan. Such a sad situation

September 21, 2011 at 8:51 pm |
  12. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

I wish the family much love!

September 21, 2011 at 8:47 pm |
  13. Sharon Hastings

Hindsight or imagining what you would do is easy but I would like to think that if I knew my son or daughter was being emotionally tortured like that, I would remove them immediately from that environment. We see over and over the tragic results of leaving a child in that situation. If the parents know, the parents must take action, drastic action.

September 21, 2011 at 8:46 pm |
  14. Vince

Greetings everyone,

Quite a dillemma here with the Troy story. The fact that so many of the witnesses have recanted seem to trigger a need for further investigations – to get the story behind the story – 7 out of 9 is too great a percentage by any measure...

September 21, 2011 at 8:46 pm |
  15. vic , nashville ,tn

Bullying is real problem we are losing smart future generation some one has to step up must create federal law in the name of Jamey to punish kids who is participating in bullying

September 21, 2011 at 8:46 pm |
    • Starr, formerly know as vincent

Your post brings up a good question. If the bullies are known, can they be prosecuted under the "Hate" law?

September 21, 2011 at 8:52 pm |
    • Cathy

Punish their parents as well.

September 21, 2011 at 8:57 pm |
  16. Sheena

It's sad that this man may be executive for a crime that has so many loop holes involved. I understand that there are legal consequences for any crime that has been committed but please be sure that all the evidence can prove 100% guilty. I feel sorry for the officer's family but honestly how is execution going to change what happened 20 yrs ago? Who gave us the right to take another life? GOD has the last say.

September 21, 2011 at 8:45 pm |
  17. Eugenia

If an innocent one is taken is another one sent in their place?

September 21, 2011 at 8:45 pm |
  18. Starr, formerly know as vincent

My thoughts and prayers are with Jamie's family & friends.

Again, it is sincerely disappointing and heartbreaking that another child has committed suicide due to bullying and intolerance. It has to be coming from somewhere, likely the homes these bullies come from.

Tolerance Needs to be a course taught from Kindergarden!

September 21, 2011 at 8:44 pm |
  19. Nina

It seems the children that are targeted are those that are unique. Highly intelligent, smaller in size, very sensitive or possibly a different lifestyle.

September 21, 2011 at 8:43 pm |
    • Starr, formerly know as vincent

You are so right Nina. I was bullied for being smart and overweight.

3 yrs. after HS my body bloosomed and my looks totally changed. Of course, because of such severe bullying it took me years to realize that i was attactive.

Today it seems that "gay" or other words pertaining to "gay" are the words of choice to torment kids. It really has to stop, we are losing too many kids.
      I thank Anderson & Facebook for their anti-bullying program. It can only help this situation.

September 21, 2011 at 8:49 pm |
      • Nina

I am so sorry to hear that Starr. You are very bright and that intimidated those bullies. Children at that age are so vulnerable and the impact is horrific. Big *Hug* to you, Starr

September 21, 2011 at 8:54 pm |
  20. Nina

So tragic that “bullying” continues considering how damaging to the individual’s psyche! So many causes for one to be a bully!

September 21, 2011 at 8:41 pm |
  21. Janis

Jamey's story is so heartbreaking. He reached out to help others and then he didn't get through it himself. I'm so sorry for his family, he was an amazing boy.

September 21, 2011 at 8:40 pm |
  22. john

How about a picture of Davis at the time he was arrested rather than the PR pose they are using. Four trials with the same verdict, this guy is guilty.

September 21, 2011 at 8:40 pm |
    • Janis

So we should kill him? Vengence is best served cold after all these appeals, stays, etc. Maybe capital punishment needs to be abolished nationwide. I don't know what to think anymore, John. As a nation, we should take a stand on this one way or another.

September 21, 2011 at 8:44 pm |